Tyler Smallwood (Full Name: Tyler Jacob Smallwood) is a supporting male character and former antagonist of The Vampire Diaries. He was born March 10, 1996 in Fells Church, Virginia, USA. Tyler is the only son of Richard Smallwood and Carol Smallwood (nee Armstrong). He is the direct descendant from the Smallwoods that were present at the founding of the town of Fell's Church. Tyler is the stereotypical "jock" type; he is very tall, broad, husky and muscular with jet black hair, pale skin, and very dark eyes. He is described as handsome and attractive, although he is rather fleshy. Tyler is much taller than Stefan and at least twice as broad. Tyler's family, the Smallwoods, is one of the founding families of Fell's Church; there appears to be some deep-seated resentment on the part of the Smallwoods over the history of the town's creation.
Tyler seems to think that his family is more responsible for the founding than the Fell family, after which the town is named. In the first book, Tyler takes Elena to the graveyard, where she sees Tyler's grandfather's grave. Tyler tries to force himself on Elena, but Stefan saves her. Tyler has been antagonistic towards Stefan and Elena ever since. He is later revealed to be a werewolf; it was dormant until he knew how to begin the werewolf gene. Tyler eventually develops a romantic relationship with Caroline Forbes. He is the father of Caroline's unborn babies at the end of The Return: Nightfall. Tyler has a cousin named Caleb Smallwood, who appears in Phantom.
Physical Description Edit
Human Appearance Edit
Physical appearance wise, Tyler is said to be handsome and attractive. He is the stereotypical jock type who is highly athletic, cocky, somewhat overpowering and intimidating in appearance. Tyler has good bone structure although he has been frequently described to be rather "fleshy" in appearance. He has dark brown eyes and black hair. Tyler is described to be very tall. Tyler is between 6'10" to 7'3" and he is rather husky in appearance. He is significantly taller than Stefan, who is of average height and he is also twice as broad as Stefan; this is observed by Elena. Meredith, Bonnie, and Elena all agree that he has large teeth, probably due to the fact that he is a werewolf.
Werewolf Appearance Edit
Tyler in his werewolf form is entirely different his human form. As a werewolf, Tyler takes on the appearance of a classical werewolf. By the words Meredith Sulez used, she described Tyler's wolf form perfectly when Tyler had attacked her in the graveyard: "His voice was thick with saliva, and his red tongue lolled among the rows of long canine teeth. His face wasn't a face anymore. It jutted out grotesquely into a muzzle, and his eyes were yellow, with slit-like pupils. His reddish sandy hair had grown over his cheeks and down the back of his neck. A pelt. His breath was so hot, and it smelled feral, like an animal. The nails he was digging into her wrist were stumpy blackened claws. Although he still stood two feet, his body was humped and strangely distorted. Later on in the book once Bonnie, Stefan, Meredith, and Matt were fighting Klaus and Tyler, Tyler was described once again but by Bonnie this time. He looked even more like an animal than he did in the graveyard".
Tyler is described as being cocky, hot-headed, jealous, competitive, brash, impulsive, reckless, spoiled, self-assured, and a bully. He is a student and a star athlete at his high school, playing on the high school football team, along with Matt Honeycutt, who plays the position of quarterback and Stefan Salvatore, who plays the position of wide receiver. Tyler sees himself in the role of alpha male and seems to have no qualms about forcing himself on women (including Elena, whom he tried to rape in the first book). He is known for his arrogance, chauvinism, entitled attitude and his aggressiveness towards a number of other characters within the series, particularly any man from whom he may meet competition (such as Stefan, for example). His best friend was Dick Carter, who also played on the high school football team.
Throughout The SeriesEdit
Elena saw Tyler as a world class jerk and disliked the fact that he was picking on Stefan. She didn't like him, but after finding out that Stefan was with Caroline Forbes, she started flirting with him out of jealousy. On the night of Homecoming in their Senior year in 1991, Elena decides to leave and ask Tyler to take her home, but he convinced her to go see his grandfather's grave first with Dick Carter and Vickie Bennett. While there, Tyler tried to take advantage of her, but Elena fought back. As he was about to assault Elena, Stefan arrives just in time to rescue her and slams Tyler against Honoria and Thomas' tomb, knocked unconscious. Later, during the Haunted House Fund- raiser, Tyler come to school and arrives at the fundraiser. Bonnie later finds Mr. Tanner's lifeless and dead body. This gives Tyler the chance to blame the attacks all on Stefan and, when Stefan is nowhere to be found, it adds to the suspicions of everyone and a huge mob is created all intent on one thing- to find Stefan.
Tyler's father knows that Stefan is behind the attack, probably because Tyler shared the information and was not in his usual self, and makes him undergo hypnosis by Alaric Saltzman to try to get him to remember it.
On June 6th, 2014, Klaus, an Old One, comes to Fell's Church to vengeance the death of his protegée Katherine. Here, he reveals to Tyler that he was meant to be a werewolf and of all the power it can give him. He convinces Tyler to let him help turn him into a werewolf so they can cause chaos together, and Tyler breaks into Caroline's house (during the surprise birthday party organized by Caroline, Bonnie, Vickie and Sue Carson for Meredith) that night to let Klaus in, as the others are using an ouija board to try and contact Elena. Elena tells them that "he" is in the house and Klaus lures Sue upstairs, letting Tyler push her out of the window, killing her and completing the transition. Klaus then makes an incision on her chest and then lets Tyler drink her blood. Tyler, later, went ahead to discriminate Bonnie and Meredith that Sue wasn't murdered by Vickie, but Bonnie noticed Tyler knew something only the killer would know. The Salvatore brothers returned to Fell's Church at Bonnie's summoning and together with Matt, Stefan (investigating Sue's body and the Smallwood family) realizes that Tyler Smallwood is a werewolf. To confront Tyler, Bonnie and Meredith stage a fake fight during graduation about respecting Elena, making it loud enough for everyone to hear. It ends with Meredith saying that she will visit Elena's grave that night. She does so, and Tyler shows up to rape her as expected, but the others stop him and force him to reveal that Klaus had come to town and had been helping him. When he told them that Klaus was after Vickie, they fled to save her and left Tyler who escaped. They failed in saving Vickie and Tyler went back to Klaus. Later, Stefan receives Caroline's scarf in the mail and a note telling him to come face Klaus alone. He does, but Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt sneak along, anyway. Meredith rescues Caroline, who is tied up and then goes to help Bonnie and Matt face off against Tyler, who has transformed into a brown half-wolf, half-human. Tyler claws Meredith's leg down to the bone, but Bonnie pushes a large branch onto the side of his head and he runs off. When the spirits of the graveyard rose on the summer solstice, Elena healed to wounded and Klaus was taken away to some unknown location. Frightened, Tyler fled and make contact with a burning tree, he stopped the beat the flames off him and then kept running. His current location is unknown.
The Return SeriesEdit
One of the plot lines of The Return series is that Caroline has become pregnant with his child (later discovered to be twins) and is turning into a werewolf because of it. Considering that she was kidnapped and that Tyler wasn't exactly boyfriend material as a werewolf, she was most likely raped by him during this book, although it is never stated or confirmed.
The Hunters SeriesEdit
In The Hunters series, Sue Carson, the girl who Klaus had Tyler kill in order to turn into a werewolf, is alive, and it is questioned whether Tyler is still a werewolf or if he is a human. He is mentioned throughout the first book numerously (Phantom) and it is said that his parents aren't the least bit worried about his disappearance and that he will come home when he wants to. Caleb Smallwood, his paternal cousin, comes to Fells Church to find out where he went. In Destiny Rising, Tyler is shown to be in a relationship with Caroline, raising their two children, Lucas and Brianne, together.
The Salvation Series Edit
The Evensong Series Edit
Tyler grew up as a spoiled, selfish, and entitled child due to his father having a high status in Fell's Church, as they were descended from one of the town's founders, Jacob Smallwood. He often remarks that the Smallwoods were the real founders of the town instead of the Fells, and is also very prone to anger. Tyler is a direct descendant of the Smallwoods that were present at the founding of Fell's Church. Tyler is the stereotypical "jock" type; he is very tall, broad, husky and muscular with jet black hair, pale skin, and very dark eyes. He is described as handsome and attractive, although he is rather fleshy. Tyler has fleshy hands and significantly large teeth. Tyler is much taller than Stefan and at least twice as broad. Tyler's family, the Smallwoods, is one founding family of Fell's Church; there appears to be some deep-seated resentment on the part of the Smallwoods over the history of the town's creation. Tyler seems to think that his family is more responsible for the founding than the Fell family, after which the town is named. In the first book, Tyler takes Elena to the graveyard, where she sees his grandfather's grave. Tyler tries to force himself on Elena, but Stefan saves her. Tyler has been antagonistic towards Stefan and Elena ever since. He is later revealed to be a werewolf; it was dormant until he knew how to begin the werewolf gene. Tyler eventually develops a relationship with Caroline. He is the father of Caroline's unborn babies at the end of The Return: Nightfall. Tyler has a cousin named Caleb Smallwood, who appears in Phantom.
As a werewolf, Tyler possesses various powers and abilities:
- WEREWOLF PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Lycan"; "Lycanthrope Physiology"; "Lycanthropy"; "Lycanthropy Mimicry/Transformation"; "Werewolf Mimicry/Transformation"; "Wolfman Mimicry/Physiology"): The ability to use the abilities of a werewolf. User with this ability is a werewolf with the ability to transform into a wolf or an anthropomorphic wolf-like creature, either purposely or after being placed under a curse and/or lycanthropic affliction via a bite or scratch from a werewolf, or some other means. This transformation is often associated with the appearance of the full moon. The user gains the traits of werewolves, most obvious being ability to change into a wolf with the natural characteristics inherent to both wolves and humans, including senses, stamina etc. In addition, werewolves are often attributed strength and speed far beyond those of wolves or men and may have them in lesser amount even untransformed form. Other than this, details vary considerably: some are limited to single form which ranges from completely animal to man-wolf (humanoid with fur, claws, and fangs); some can shift between human, wolf-man (humanoid wolf) and pure wolf; while others are able to choose to what extent they want to change and what parts. Their wolf-form may be a completely natural wolf in form, something resembling Dire Wolf or even something directly from the darkest dredges of human fear for wolves. Although some wolf instinct is a likely influence werewolf in a transformed state, this varies from completely animal mind to perfectly aware human, even to the stereotypical monster lusting for blood. Although it is very commonly linked to werewolves, they aren't all vulnerable to silver or other traditional weaknesses. For some these are no more or less harmful than any other metal or substance, some are essentially unkillable for anything else.
- WOLF PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Canid Mimicry/Physiology"; "Canidae Mimicry/Physiology"; or "Canine Mimicry"): The power to use the abilities of canines. User with this ability either is or can mimic/transform into canines, including wolves, foxes, jackals, coyotes, and domestic dogs.
- ENHANCED STRENGTH (AKA "Hyper Strength"; "Increased Strength"; "Super Strength"; "Superior Strength"; "Superhuman Strength"; "Supernatural Strength"; or "Titanic Strength"): The power to exert great strength from their muscles. Users have incredible ability to defy weight limitations of the member of their race, but not completely break them. Dense, lengthy, or overweight items are easy to move and simple to use in nearly any manner. Users can crush, lift, throw, or catch items of great weight.
- ENHANCED CONDITION (AKA "Peak Condition"; "Physical Prime"; or "Prime Condition"): The power to remain in the peak physical and/or mental condition of user's species with little or no maintaining. The user is at the peak physical and mental condition of their species in that verse can achieve without any supernatural methods and remain that way with little or no maintaining. This entails that they are faster, stronger, more intelligent and overall superior to fellow members of their species without being obviously supernatural.
- ENHANCED SPEED (AKA "High Speed" or "Super Speed"): The ability to move at extraordinary physical speed. Users can move much faster than the average member of their species, some near or at the speed of sound, or even faster. However, this power is not without any ill effects, as it can strain the body, although some users may be resistant or even immune to the effects of high-speed travel, including friction, g-force, inertia, etc.
- ENHANCED SENSES (AKA "Advanced Senses"; "Increased Perceptions"; "Heightened Senses"; "Hyper Senses"; "Super Senses"; and "Strengthened Senses"): The power to possess extremely accurate senses. The user has extremely accurate senses, allowing them to see, hear, smell, taste, touch and/or feel more than an average member of their species.
- ENHANCED HEARING (AKA "Hyperacusia"; "Sharp Ears"; or "Sensitive/Super/Superhuman Hearing"): The ability or power to hear with amazing clarity. Users have ears enhanced to hear with amazing clarity, distance, and even frequencies outside of normal range. Users ears can pick up every single sound, can decipher layer upon layer of differing sounds/conversations, locate the source of noise or pick up a sound from a mile away in a busy city.
- ENHANCED SMELL (AKA "Enhanced Olfaction"; "Hyperosmia"; "Super Smell"; or "Superhuman Sense of Smell"): The ability or power of an enhanced sense of smell. Users can detect specific persons, objects, substances or even places, locate their origin and track with nothing but their nose. Some may even be able to detect lying, sicknesses or tumors by which hormones/smells they excrete.
- ENHANCED SIGHT (AKA "Enhanced Vision"; "Super Sight/Vision"; "Superhuman Eyesight/Sight/Vision"; or "Supernatural Eyesight/Sight/Vision"): The ability or power of enhanced eyesight or vision. Users have eyes enhanced to see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into another dimension.
- NIGHT VISION (AKA "Darkness Optics" or "Nocturnal Vision"): The power or ability to see clearly in darkness. User has excellent night vision, the ability to see in low-light conditions or even total darkness. Whether by biological or technological means, night vision is made possible by a combination of two approaches: sufficient spectral range, and sufficient intensity range.
- ENHANCED STAMINA (AKA "Superhuman Stamina"): The power to function for long periods of time without tiring or straining oneself. The user's body is highly resistant to the build-up of fatigue toxins in their blood, allowing them to be physically active for considerably longer periods of time than the average member of the user's species.
- ENHANCED REFLEXES (AKA "Enhanced Maneuverability"; "Super Reflexes"; "Superhuman Reflexes"; or "Heightened Reflexes"): The powers to have drastically enhanced reaction speed. User has drastically enhanced reaction speed, allowing them to dodge bullets, catch flies in mid-air, dodge and maneuver around complex attacks, catch falling objects, block detriments and react instantaneously to what others take more time to react to.
- ENHANCED DURABILITY (AKA "Damage Resistance"; "Delayed Capitulation"; "Enhanced Resistance"; "High Resistance"; "Super Durability"; or "Super Resistance"): The power to sustain numerous blows of internal or external assaults. The user's physical durability (ability to endure/resist damage) is extremely high, allowing them to take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects.
- ENHANCED AGILITY: The ability to possess agility beyond that of a normal member of the user's species. User with this ability can go from one movement to another effortlessly, effectively dodge attacks, swing from things easily, sprint, do back-flips and numerous other gymnastic, athletic and martial implements with little effort. Agility is "the ability to rapidly respond or change by adapting its initial stable configuration", the ability to change the body's position efficiently, and requires the integration of isolated movement skills using a combination of balance, bodily coordination, speed, reflexes, strength, and endurance.
- ENHANCED JUMP (AKA "Enhanced Jumping/Leap"; "Mega Jump"; "Power Jump/Leap"; "Super Jump/Leap"; or "Superhuman Jump/Jumping/Leap"): The power to achieve great rocket-like jumps, while having hassle-free landings. Users can jump incredible distances and land safely, covering frighteningly tall heights and long distances. Usually, comes with strong legs.
- ENHANCED BITE (AKA "Enhanced Jaw Strength"; "Hyper Bite"; "Hyper Chewing"; "Hyper Jaw"; or "Super Bite"): The power to have an incredibly powerful bite. The user has a particularly strong bite, either because of sharp teeth, strong jaw muscles, unusual jaw structure (mandibles of insects and beak etc) or some other reason. Exactly what they can bite depends on the jaw-strength, resilience of their teeth/bite surface and their shape.
- CONTAMINANT IMMUNITY (AKA "Advanced Immune System"; "Asepsis"; "Enhanced Immune System"; "Immunocompetent"; or "Immunity"): The power to neutralize all existing detrimental contaminants in one’s body. The user is immune to some, if not all, known poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, etc.
- POISON IMMUNITY (AKA "Mithridatism"): The power to be immune to all forms of poisons. The user is immune to all forms of poisons/toxins/venom.
- INVULNERABILITY (AKA "Impenetrable Skin/Impervious Skin"; "Imperviousness"; "Indestructibility"; "Invincibility"; or "Unharmable"): The power to be immune to all forms of physical damage. The user is immune to all forms of conventional physical damage, unable to feel physical pain, is immune to bleeding or loss of limb. Death due to old age (as opposed to preemptive death) is seemingly the only cause of death to the user.
- REGENERATIVE HEALING FACTOR (AKA "Healing Factor"): The ability to heal rapidly from any physical injury. The user can rapidly regenerate, in other words, they recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs and limbs, sometimes slowing, or even stopping, aging. The rate and amount of healing vary widely (see Levels of Regeneration), some can regrow missing limbs, others must put the limb back in place for rapid regeneration. They are generally in very good physical shape as their bodies are constantly reverting to a healthy state.
- LYCANTHROPIC INFECTION (AKA "Lycanthropic Bite"; "Lycanthropy Inducement"; or "Werewolf Infection/Inducement"): The power to transform others into werewolves through infection. The user can turn others into werewolves. This can be done by several methods, via a curse, claw but traditionally through a bite.
- CLAW RETRACTION (AKA "Claw Projection/Protrusion"; "Claws/Talons"; "Retractable Claws"; "Sharp Claws/Talons"; or "Talon Retraction"): The power to extend and retract sharp claws. The user can project and retract razor-sharp claws from their fingertips for offensive purposes. Claws can be composed of energy, bone, metal, or simple keratin.
- LUNAR EMPOWERMENT (AKA "Lunary Affinity"; "Luna Photosynthesis"; "Lunar Photosynthesis"; or "Moon Affinity/Empowerment"): The power to gain strength from moon. User becomes stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come into contact with the moon, moonlight or lunar energy/substance, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing their existing powers. Some users may be able to draw sustenance from the moon or even slow or stop aging.
- LUNAR MIND (AKA "Lunacy"): The ability or power to revert to a feral mind while under the moon. The user can employ the forces of the moon to revert the mind into a primal state prone to violence and survival instinct.
- SHAPE SHIFTING (AKA "Biological Alteration", "Changing", "Copying", "Metamorphosing", "Metamorphosis", "Morphing", "Morphological Being", "Nano Morphing", "Omni-Mimicry", "Polymorphing", "Shape Changing", or "Transformation"): The power to transform and reshape the form of one's body. Users are often called shape-shifters or simply shifters. The user can shapeshift their form, transforming and reshaping down to the genetic and cellular structure. They can impersonate others or enhance one's body for combat, either by turning into animals, monsters or make the body stronger. Users with particularly flexible abilities can manipulate their form at will, combining abilities, traits, etc, even being able to form limbs into weapons and reforming after being blown apart by explosives.
- ENVIRONMENTAL ADAPTATION (AKA "Area Affinity" or "Ecological Adaptation"): The power to survive and adapt to an environment. User is able to survive and adapt to any natural environment, being able to tolerate a wide range of temperatures and levels of moisture, any amount/quality of sustenance, breathable medium, etc. with little or no discomfort.
- ARCTIC ADAPTATION (AKA "Cold Adaptation", "Subzero Adaptation" or "Tundra Adaptation"): The ability or power to survive cold environments or temperatures. User is able to survive and adapt to conditions where the climate consists of cold weather, as they possess adjusted breathing capacity, as well as high tolerance (even immunity) to the cold. This ability may also imply the presence of fur, claws, thick skin, blubber and/or sight adapted to see with more ease in snowstorms and protected from snow-blindness.
- FOREST ADAPTATION (AKA "Jungle Adaptation" or "Woodland Adaptation"): The ability or power to adapt to forest conditions. User is able to survive and adapt to all kinds of forests, including jungles. This generally includes exceptional senses (especially hearing/smell) as the forests offer plenty of cover/hiding places for both predator and prey, ability to move in dense growth, both by being able to squeeze through tight places and tight corners often at speed and a great deal of stealth.
- MOUNTAIN ADAPTATION (AKA "Montane Adaptation"): The ability or power to adapt to high Mountain Environments. User is able to survive and adapt to mountain environments where the air is thin, as they possess adjusted breathing capacity, high air-pressure tolerance, a high cold tolerance and an immunity to the effects of vertigo or similar disorientation as well as the ability to move on the mountains without artificial help.
- FERAL MIND (AKA "Animalistic Rage"; "Berserk Mode"; "Berserker"; "Berserker Fury/Rage"; "Ire State", "Primary Fury", "Rage Mind", "Unstoppable Rage", "Wild Mind"): The ability or power to tap into a feral state of mind. User is able to tap into primal, unstoppable rage that allows them to perform in vastly increased capacity, taking and inflicting damage that they wouldn't in their normal state. In some cases, the user's mind descends so far into the feral rage that, mentally, they are little more than animals.
- FUR GENERATION (AKA "Fur Production"): The ability or power to have hair like substance over the entire body. The users have or can generate fur over the entire body, giving resistance to temperature, or even physical damage.
- ANIMAL COMMUNICATION (AKA "Animal Telepathy" or "Zoopathy"): The power to read the minds and communicate with animals. The user can telepathically read the minds of animals and communicate with them, they are also able to control the minds of animals to do their bidding.
- ANIMAL EMPATHY (AKA "Animal Friendship", "Faunal Empathy", "Zoological Empathy", "Zoopathy"): The ability or power to empathize with animals. The user can sense and/or understand the emotions of animals and vice versa.
- PREDATOR INSTINCT: The power to possess instincts akin to that of a predatory creature. The user possesses predatory instincts, allowing them to become masters of hunting and tracking. One with this ability can discern numerous factors of a situation that make them a master of pursuit and capture. This includes what move a foe will make, where they are headed (if the user is in the foe’s proximity, or knows the foe fairly well), as well as how to effectively cause a foe to play right into one’s hands in combat/pursuit.
- TEMPERATURE REGENERATION: The power to maintain a certain body temperature for extended periods of time. The user can maintain different levels of their own body temperature for extended periods of time, if not, indefinitely. Some users may even be able to manipulate their own body temperatures at will.
- Decapitation: The act of dismembering or removing the head of a werewolf will result in death.
- Fire: Fire can/will most likely kill a werewolf if the flames are not doused.
- Heart Extraction: The act of removing a werewolf's heart will result in a quick, instantly fast death.
- Silver/Silver Bullets: If a werewolf is wounded by silver, it will cause the werewolf to become weak and wounded. However, if a silver knife or bullet penetrates a werewolf's heart, it will result in instant death.
- Wolfsbane: This is a herb that won't kill a werewolf but will cause a werewolf to become weakened and sick. It is the werewolf counterpart to the vampire counterpart of vervain.
- Werewolf Hunters
- Memory Loss
- Loss of Self-Control
- Moon/Lunar Phases or Cycles
- Feral Mind
TYLER (First Name) Edit
- Tyler is a masculine first name of English origin. The meaning of Tyler is "Tile Maker", "Maker Of Tiles", "Tiler Of Roofs", or "Doorkeeper Of".
- Other variations of Tyler include Ty, Tye, Tylar, Tyelar, Tylarr, Tieler, Tiler, Tyeler, Tyelor, Tyhler, Tyle, Tylee, Tylere, Tyller, Tylor, Tyler, Tylour, Tylore, ታይለር (Tayileri), تايلر (Taylar), Тайлер (Tajlier) (Belarusian), টিলার (Ṭilāra) (Bengali), Тайлър (Taĭlŭr) (Bulgarian), 泰勒 ( Tàilēi) (Chinese Simplified), 泰勒 (Tàilēi) (Chinese Traditional), ટેલર (Ṭēlara) (Gujarati), טיילר (Hebrew), टायलर (Taayalar) (Hindi), タイラー (Tairā) (Japanese), ಟೈಲರ್ (Ṭailar) (Kannada), 타일러 (Tailleo) (Korean), Тайлер (Tayler) (Kyrgyz), Tacitus (Latin), Taileris (Lithuanian), Тајлер (Tajler) (Macedonian), ടൈലര് (Tailar) (Malayalam), टायलर (Ṭāyalara) (Marathi), Тайлер (Tailyer), टायलर (Ṭāyalara) (Nepali), Тайлер (Tayler) (Russian).
JACOB (Middle Name) Edit
- Jacob is a masculine first name of Hebrew origin. The meaning of Jacob is "Supplanter" or "Substitute".
- Other variations of Jacob include Jaycob (English), Jacobus, Jakob, Sjaak (Dutch), Jakob (Swedish), Jakob (Norwegian), Jakob (Danish), Akiba, Akiva, Yaakov, Yakov (Hebrew), Coby, Jake, Jeb, Koby (English), Cobus, Coos, Jaap, Kobe, Kobus, Koos (Dutch), Ib, Jeppe (Danish), Kapel, Koppel, Yankel (Yiddish), Yakub, Yaqoob, Yaqub (Arabic), Hagop, Hakob (Armenian), Jakes (Basque), Iakobos (Biblical Greek), Yaakov (Biblical Hebrew), Iacobus (Biblical Latin), Yakov (Bulgarian), Jaume, Jaumet (Catalan), Jago (Cornish), Jakov, Jakob, Jakša (Croatian), Jakub (Czech), Jaagup, Jakob, Jaak, Jaakob (Estonian), Jaakko, Jaakoppi, Jaska (Finnish), Jaak (Flemish), Jacques (French), Japik (Frisian), Iago (Galician), Iakob, Koba (Georgian), Jakob (German), Iakopa, Kimo (Hawaiian), Jakab, Jákob (Hungarian), Séamus, Shamus, Sheamus, Séamas (Irish), Giacobbe, Giacomo, Jacopo, Iacopo, Lapo (Italian), Iacomus, Jacobus (Late Roman), Jokūbas (Lithuanian), Jakov (Macedonian), Hemi (Maori), Jakub, Kuba (Polish), Iago, Jaime, Jacó (Portuguese), Yakov, Yasha (Russian), Seumas, Jamie (Scottish), Jakov (Serbian), Jakub (Slovak), Jakob, Jaka, Jaša (Slovene), Jacobo, Jaime, Yago (Spanish), Yakup (Turkish), Yakiv (Ukrainian), Iago (Welsh), Yakub, Yaqoob, Yaqub (Arabic), Hagop, Hakob (Armenian), Jakes (Basque), Iakobos (Biblical Greek), Yaakov (Biblical Hebrew), Iacobus (Biblical Latin), Yakov (Bulgarian), Jaume, Jaumet (Catalan), Jago (Cornish), Jakov, Jakob, Jakša (Croatian), Jakub (Czech), Jacob, James, Coby, Jae, Jake, Jamey, Jay, Jaycob, Jaymes, Jeb, Jem, Jemmy, Jim, Jimi, Jimmie, Jimmy, Koby (English), Jaagup, Jakob, Jaak, Jaakob (Estonian), Jaakko, Jaakoppi, Jaska, Jaakob (Finnish), Jaak (Flemish), Jacques (French), Japik (Frisian), Iago (Galician), Iakob, Koba (Georgian), Jakob (German), Iakopa, Kimo (Hawaiian), Jakab, Jákob (Hungarian), Séamus, Shamus, Sheamus, Séamas, Shéamais, Iacób(Irish), Giacobbe, Jacopo, Iacopo, Lapo, Diego (Italian), Iacomus, Jacobus (Late Roman), Jokūbas (Lithuanian), Jakov (Macedonian), Hemi (Maori), Jakub, Kuba (Polish), Iago, Jaime, Jacó (Portuguese), Yakov, Yasha (Russian), Seumas, Jamie (Scottish Gaelic), Jakov (Serbian), Jakub (Slovak), Jakob, Jaka, Jaša (Slovene), Jacobo, Jaime, Yago (Spanish), Yakup (Turkish), Yakiv (Ukrainian), Iago (Welsh), Jaycob (English), Jacobus, Jakob, Sjaak (Dutch), Jakob (Swedish), Jakob (Norwegian), Jakob (Danish), Akiba, Akiva, Yaakov, Yakov (Hebrew), Coby, Jake, Jeb, Koby (English), Cobus, Coos, Jaap, Kobe, Kobus, Koos (Dutch), Ib, Jeppe (Danish), Kapel, Koppel, Yankel (Yiddish), Afrikaans - Jakob, Jacob, Jakobus, Jacobus, Albanian - Jakup, Jakupi or Jakub, Jakubi, Arabic - Yaʿqūb (Yakub) (يعقوب), Armenian - Յակոբ (classical Armenian and Western Armenian), Հակոբ (Eastern Armenian) (Hakob, Hagop), Azerbaijani - Yaqub, Yaqubun, Ceykob, Basque - Jakobi, Jagoba, Belarusian - Якуб, Якаў (Jakub, Jakaŭ), Bengali - জ্যাকব (Jyākaba), Bosnian - Jakub (Jakup), Bulgarian - Яков (Yakov), Catalan - Jacob, Jaume, Dídac, Cebuano - Jacob, Chichewa - Yakobo, Chinese - Yǎgè (雅各), Cornish - Jago, Jammes, Jamma, Czech - Jakub (short form: Kuba), Danish - Jacob, Jakob, Jep, Jeppe, Ib, Dutch - Jaak, Jaap, Jakob, Jacob, Jacobus, Sjaak, Kobus, English – Jacob, Jake, Jakob, Jakeb, Jakey, Jaykob, James, Jayme, Jaime, Jamie, Jimi, Jack, Jim, Jimmy, Jimbo, Coby, Koby, Cubby, Esperanto - Jakobo, Faroese - Jákup, French - Jacob, Jacques, James or Jayme, Jaume, Jacqueline (fem.), Galician - Xacobe, Santiago, Iago, Xaime, Georgian - იაკობ (Iakob), კობა (Koba), Greek - Iákovos (Ιάκωβος), Iakóv (Ιακώβ), Yángos (Γιάγκος), Gujarati - જેકબ (Jēkaba), Haitian Creole - Jakòb, Hausa - Yakubu, Hebrew - Ya'akov (יעקב), Koby, Ya'akova (female), Hindi - याकूब (Yākūba), Hmong - Yakhauj, Icelandic - Jakob, Igbo - Jekọb, Indonesian - Yakub (used mainly by Muslims), Yakobus (used mainly by Christians), Japanese - Yakobu (ヤコブ), Javanese - Yakub, Kannada - ಜಾಕೋಬ್ (Jākōb), Kazakh - Жақып (Zhaqyp, Zhakip), Khmer - លោកយ៉ាកុប (lok yeakob), Korean - Yagop (야곱), Lao - ຢາໂຄບ (ya okhb), Latin - Iacobus, Latvian - Jēkabs, Lithuanian - Jokūbas, Macedonian - Јаков, Malayalam - ചാക്കോ (Chacko), Yakob, Maltese - Ġakbu, Ġakobb, Maori - Hakopa, Marathi - याकोब (Yākōba), Malay - Yakub, Yaakub, Mongolian - Иаков (Iakov), Montenegrin - Jakov, Jakša, Myanmar - yarkote sai, Nepali - याकूबले (Yākūbalē), Persian - Yaghub, Portuguese - Jacob and Jacó (orthographic variation of the former), Iago (from the Latin Jacobus), Tiago (saints named "James" in English are São Tiago in Portuguese) and Thiago (archaic spelling), Diego (From Spanish. Saints named "James" in English are Santiago in Spanish) and Diogo (orthographic variation of the former), Jaime, Jácomo (from Italian Giacomo), Jaques (adapted from French) and Jaqueline (feminine form, adapted from French), Punjabi - ਯਾਕੂਬ ਨੇ (Yākūba nē), Romanian - Iacob, Iacov, Russian - Иаков (Iakov) (archaic O.T. form), Яков (Yakov, Iakov), Яша (Yasha, Jascha) (diminutive), Samoan - Iakopo, (eh-yuk-oh-po), Scandinavian - Jakob, Jacob, Scots - Hamish, Serbian - Jakov (Јаков), Jakša (Јакша), Sesotho - Jakobo, Sinhala - ජාකොබ් (Jakob), යාකොබ් (Yakob), Somalian - Yacquub, Sorbian - Jakub, Spanish - Jacob, Jacobo, Jaime, Yago, Diego, Santiago, Iago, Tiago, Sudanese - Yakub, Swahili - Yakobo,Swedish - Jakob, Jacob, Syriac - ܝܥܩܘܒ (Yaʿqub), also (Yaqo, Yaqko), Tajik - Яъқуб (Ja'quʙ), Tamil - யாக்கோபு (Yākkōpu), Telugu - జాకబ్ (Jākab), Thai - จาค็อบ (Cā kh̆ xb), Turkish - Yakup, Ukrainian - Yakiv (Яків), Urdu - یعقوب, Uzbek - Yoqub, Yakob, Ya'qub, Vietnamese - Giacôbê, Welsh - Siam, Jacob, Jac, Iago, Xitsonga - Yakobo, Yiddish - Yankev, Yankl, Yankel, Yankele, Yoruba - Jékọbù, Zulu - Jakobe.
SMALLWOOD (Surname) Edit
- Smallwood is a surname of English or Anglo-Saxon origin. The meaning of Smallwood is "Narrow Wood".
Zodiac Sign (PISCES) Edit
Pisces is the twelfth sign of the zodiac, and it is also the final sign in the zodiacal cycle. Hence, this sign brings together many of the characteristics of the eleven signs that have come before it. Pisces, however, are happiest keeping many of these qualities under wraps. These folks are selfless, spiritual and very focused on their inner journey. They also place great weight on what they are feeling. Yes, feelings define Pisces, and it's not uncommon for them to feel their own burdens (and joys) as well as those of others. The intuition of the Pisces-born is highly evolved. Many people associate Pisces with dreams and secrets, and it's a fair association, since those born under this sign feel comfortable in an illusory world. It's a pair of Fish that represents Pisces, a symbol that prompts others to suggest that these people 'go with the flow' and 'don't make waves.' Both of these labels are true, since Pisces are fluid and easy-going, in keeping with the Mutable Quality assigned to this sign. The fact that two fish (as opposed to one) represent the members of this sign also speaks to the duality of Pisces, their yin and yang sensibility. Pisces alternate between reality and non-reality in keeping with their introspective natures; their voyage between consciousness and an unconscious dream state says much about their intuitive, almost psychic natures. For this reason, Pisces can be hard to pin down, prompting some to call them the chameleons of the zodiac. The Fish are happy to be considered hazy, since there's a certain sense of safety in that self-proclaimed netherworld. That said, they won't stay away for long, since one of their primary goals is to help others. Pisces are compassionate, charitable and will quickly put the needs of others ahead of their own. It's this kind of self-sacrifice that keeps these folks going. The flip side to their giving natures is that the oft-timid Fish are likely to be taken advantage of by less well-meaning souls. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. In ancient Roman mythology, Jupiter (the original ruler of Pisces) was the king of the gods, while Neptune was the ruler of the seas. When Neptune was discovered in recent times, it was attached to this sign. The pairing of these two heavenly bodies results in some unique energies being directed toward Pisces here on Earth. Those born under this sign are spiritually oriented and charitable. They are compassionate, easily feeling another's pain. At times, however, Pisceans can have difficulty distinguishing fact from fantasy; they tend to get caught up in their dreams and views of how things should be. To say they wear rose-colored glasses isn't much of a stretch. Pisces who fear that their pleas aren't being heard tend to lapse into melancholy and, worse, the kind of pessimism that leads to procrastination and lethargy. At times like this, Pisces would be wise to take time for themselves, the better to find their center once again. Many Pisces also immerse themselves in the arts and other creative pursuits as a centering mechanism, and they are quite talented in these areas. The Element associated with Pisces is Water. Those born under this sign easily relate to the emotional and unpredictable nature of this liquid gold. Pisces feel a great deal, and they also feel misunderstood much of the time. They're not quite pushovers, but they're certainly sensitive. Yes, they could cry you a river if the circumstances were right. Even so, they revel in their compassionate and imaginative natures and love to cater to others. They can also be quite romantic, dreaming up delicious treats for their lover. Hopefully, any kindness will be reciprocated, because the Fish can certainly turn blue if they're not. Pisces are generally gentle, easy-going folk, who are on the shy and reticent side. They are modest to the point of impracticality, often stepping up only to show their talents in painting or music. Easiest for the Fish (and still great fun) is living in their lush dream world. More relaxation for the Fish comes in the way of sports, specifically water sports. Pisces loves to swim, and it's this easy glide in a pool or the sea that serves to alleviate much of their stress. Once their mind is at ease, the Fish should focus on their feet, a frequent source of discomfort. Soothing comfort comes in a world colored in purple and soft white. When it comes to the game of love, Pisces are caring and romantic and a most creative mate. The great strength of the Pisces-born is their compassionate and charitable nature. These folks love to help others and do so in the most imaginative of ways. It's their feeling sensibility that wins people over.
Pisces Strength Keywords: Edit
- Compassionate - Adaptable - Accepting - Devoted - Imaginative
Pisces Weakness Keywords: Edit
- Oversensitive - Indecisive - Self-pitying - Lazy - Escapist
Pisces and Independence: Edit
Pisces needs a dominant partner of role model in their life or they will very easily fall into a pit of self-pity and self-undoing. When they are independent and inspired by life's events, their creativity comes shining through but they are unable to be on their own for long before they start dreaming in their imaginary world of happy people and happy endings. They need other people to keep them grounded and on the right track.
Pisces and Friendship: Edit
Pisces will go out of their way to help a friend. They are extremely sensitive and loyal. They will take a friend's problem and make it their own and suffer with them. This is the weak spot of Pisces but any friend of this zodiac sign should know that although they are attracted to people with severe problems who desperately need help, this actually does more harm them good. Even though Pisces will offer to make everything right, do not allow them to take on all your problems because they will lose their identity in your situation. They need a strong positive friend to make them strong. Pisces like adventure, new situation, and social events. A Pisces friend will always have something exciting in mind and it is a very fulfilling, long lasting friendship.
Pisces and Business: Edit
Pisces does not take well to a position of leadership or high business person, they are too sensitive and lacking in self-discipline and lacking self-confidence for a position such as that. What they are good at is is writing, acting, poetry, or being musicians. Pisces are excellent at anything that tugs at the heart strings and mystical/spiritual. They are extremely creative and can use their skills of creativity and their understanding of people to inspire others. Unfortunately, most Pisces take the easy way out in life and never attain the degree of fame that they possibly could, they have to stop self-doubting themselves because they are capable of being good role models and leaders to others, people do look up to them.
Pisces and Temperament: Edit
The Pisces personality is hard to pin down, it is very mysterious and elusive. Pisces are molded by their surroundings, they incorporate their experiences and surroundings into themselves. They have extreme compassion and they feel the pain of others. If something is wrong in the world that affects them, it affects them deeply, they take it to heart and feel extreme feelings regarding the matter. When they are happy, they are extremely happy and when they are sad, they are extremely depressed.
Pisces Deep Inside: Edit
Pisces have an intuitive and psychic ability more than any other zodiac signs. They trust their gut feelings and if they do not, they quickly learn to because they realize that their hunches are usually correct. Pisces downfall is their sensitivity and their inability to reject another person. They do not like rejection and they try to treat others the way they want to be treated so they will rarely say no to a person for fear of hurting their feelings. They will help another person with their problems and like to do so because making others feel good in turn makes them feel good. Pisces is the zodiac sign of self-undoing. People born under this zodiac sign are not susceptible to bad luck and unfortunate events, they bring them on themselves by overindulging, laziness and a knack for picking poorly suited partners and friends. They want people in their life who stir their emotions because this helps them to practice emotional stability. The inner conflict of Pisces is extremes of temperament and conflicting emotions. They are trying to pinpoint themselves on the real world while their spiritual world can cloud their vision, they will try to escape or avoid a situation instead of confronting it. Pisces eternal struggle is to learn to use their powers and their imagination in a positive, productive way and vying for emotional stability by not giving away their emotions to everyone else, they need to help themselves.
Pisces in a Nutshell: Edit
Pisces is the sign of mysticism, mystery and the spiritual unknown. Pisces live in two worlds, the real world and the spiritual or mystical world where they interpret what they see into what they want. They do this to avoid all the realities of pain and suffering in the world. They have extremes of emotions and feel both good and bad intensively. Pisces have a formidable intuitive ability. Most Pisces are somehow involved with occult or spiritualism. Pisces are very good at understanding people for they have the ability to delve into the psyche and see behind a person's motivations. Pisces are prone to drug addiction and indulging lifestyles because of their eternal search for themselves and their fear of confrontation and having to change a situation, also they justify drug use by allowing it to get closer to their 'spiritual selves'. Once they aware this is why they are doing it, it will be easier to kick the habit. Pisces are not the pushovers that they may seem, in fact they have strength of character and will stand up for what they believe in and they can do hard work for something they believe in. They can be very lazy but only in matters that they do not care about. Pisces is the most sensitive of all zodiac signs.
What it's Like to Date a Pisces Woman: Edit
Pisces women are very captivating and fascinating. She makes a man feel like a man because of her need for a protector and leader. She is charming, soft and feminine. The ultimate enchantress. She can see right through a man and she is not easy to fool, so any man better be straight with her and not lead her on, because instead of confronting him, she will simply disappear. She needs to nurture and will give the man orders, but only for his own good. She will make sure he is eating properly and getting enough sleep, sort of like a mother nurturing a child. What she needs in return is a man to protect and cherish her, make her feel like she is needed and loved. She might almost be clingy and dependent but never overbearingly. Her partner will become of a better half. She needs patience and sympathy and you have to be gentle with her. Don't poke fun or tease and definitely do not reject her harshly because she can't stand rejection. She is extremely romantic and will lose herself in the relationship. The Pisces woman is the ultra feminine nurturer, the ideal woman for the right man.
What it's Like to Date a Pisces Man: Edit
Pisces man is the ultimate romantic, the sensitive man who feels with a woman. Pisces male is the ideal zodiac sign for the woman who complains that men are not sensitive enough, this man is. However, he has such an ideal of romance that is unrealistic and will fall out of love when he realizes that there is no such thing as the perfect woman. This man lives in the world of dreams and he needs a woman to keep him grounded. He always seems to choose the wrong woman, or a woman he can't have like a married woman that way there is no worry about becoming emotionally attached. He needs a woman who can dominate him, but very subtly. She has to be able to help him steer clear of bad habits and bad thoughts. Pisces man needs sensitivity, generosity, and compassion, nurture him and he will nurture you back. A fulfilling emotional relationship for the strong yet sensitive woman.
How to Attract Pisces: Edit
talk about spirituality, the occult, astrology, anything that is out of reach of the real world. They will easily get lost in a good conversation. Although they are attracted to people with severe problems who desperately need help, this actually does more harm them good. Even though Pisces will offer to make everything right, do not allow them to take on all your problems because they will lose their identity in your situation. They need a strong positive partner to make them strong. Pisces like adventure, new situation and social events and will be up to doing almost anything that you suggest. Make them laugh, they are usually melancholy and will be impressed if someone has the ability to make them laugh. They are not very conservative people so do not be afraid to talk about unconventional or strange things and tell them odd jokes, they will be impressed by that. They are suckers for flattery give them compliments and tell them in a roundabout way that you admire them. Be sensitive, generous and gentle, make them feel comfortable with you and make them feel good about themselves and all will be smooth sailing!
Pisces Erogenous Zone: Edit
The feet are the most sensitive spot for Pisces. Massaging the feet and sucking on toes are usually Pisces favorite and will get them steamed up and ready for action.
Sex With Pisces: Edit
Sex with Pisces is an emotional and physical experience, and if you allow it, it will be a spiritual experience as well. Pisces are very good at and love role play. Acting fully in their roles. They like to seduce. Role play that you are in an old fashioned brothel and get them to seduce you, they love erotic games for they are able to get completely involved and lose themselves in the erotic play. Pisces likes risque encounters and offbeat activities. A very fun partner for those who like different encounters and physical sex.