Matt Honeycutt (Full Birth Name: Matthew Jeffrey "Matt" Honeycutt) is a supporting male character of The Vampire Diaries. He was born March 6, 1996 in Fells Church, Virginia, USA. Matt is the only son of Kevin Honeycutt and Joanna Honeycutt (nee Donovan). He is the childhood friend, the first love, high school sweetheart and former boyfriend of Elena Gilbert. Matt is the star athlete and quarterback of Robert E. Lee High School's football team along with Tyler Smallwood, Dick Carter, Corey Abbott, Adam Crosby, Jack Sawyer, Thomas Ashcroft, Brian Barnaby, and Stefan Salvatore (who plays the position of a wide-receiver). Matt is childhood friends with Meredith Sulez and Bonnie McCullough. His best friend is Stefan Salvatore, who is a centuries-old vampire who reigns from Italy. He and Stefan share a very close strong bond, brotherhood, and friendship despite Matt's obvious unresolved feelings for Elena. Although Matt is very close with Stefan, he strongly dislikes Stefan's elder brother, Damon and they can never seem to get along or go without quarreling with each other. Stefan is always the one who happens to play peacemaker when it comes to Damon and Matt. Stefan also sees both Damon and Matt as his brothers. Damon calls him "Mutt" instead of by his real name, Matt.
Physically, Matt is fresh, handsome, good looking, and athletic. Matt is very tall with an athletic physique. He has blond short cropped hair and clear, light blue eyes (Stefan observes that his eyes are open and honest). During the summer prior to The Awakening, Matt helped out on his grandparents' farm, which gave him a tanned complexion. He's described as being an attractive, wholesome, all-American, boy-next-door type. Matt and Elena are best friends since childhood and they know absolutely everything about each other. Because they have been best friends since childhood, Matt understands Elena better than anybody and he is always looking out for her and has her best interests at heart. Before Elena had met Stefan, Matt was the only boy in Elena's life who has had any kind of significant impact or influence on Elena's personal growth. Certainly, Elena still thinks that he's good-looking and of course, an amazingly nice guy, even after breaking up with him, and Bonnie has shown some interest in him, although Matt and Bonnie seem to have more of a platonic, brotherly/sisterly connection than a romantic connection. Due to his family being poor and not having all that much money, he tends to wear older clothes, and Elena surmises at the beginning of The Awakening that his scuffed shoes must have been the same ones he had the previous year on account of not being able to afford new ones.
While Matt is incredibly hurt and heartbroken at losing Elena to his best friend Stefan, he accepts it and wishes Stefan and Elena happiness. He continues to be very protective of Elena. At first, Matt was extremely jealous of Stefan and still pined for Elena, but he has shown some caring feelings for Bonnie. Matt helps Stefan escape the Haunted House on the night of the attack, but afterward, begins to think that Stefan might have killed Mr. Tanner. Later on in the series, the relationship between Stefan and Matt is closer to that of best friends. He is forgiving, loyal, trusting, empathetic, kind, caring, and he is described as the friendly boy-next-door type. Despite being captain of the school football team, Matt is about as far from a stereotypical jock as you can get. He's fiercely loyal and likes to see the best in people and in situations, no matter how bad it may get. When it comes to the subject of love and relationships, he's quite mature, wise, old-fashioned and traditional for his age. Matt is quite romantic, although he is not nearly as passionate romantically as Stefan is. Despite being in love with Elena, he is able to not only let her go as a girlfriend, but he's also able to remain her close, supportive friend while not being bitter about his loss, coming to her aid several times (above and beyond the call of duty) in the story. Even more surprisingly, he's able to become best friends with Stefan, who by all rights should be considered his rival in his love for Elena. He has faith in the basic goodness of people and mankind, and displays this several times during the course of the books, from sticking by Stefan despite damning evidence against him, to even managing to work out some motives for Damon's actions that prove him to be not quite as evil as he'd like people to believe. Indeed, the basic concept of vampires existing, while a shock, doesn't seem to bother him particularly. It's not the fact that Stefan is a vampire that sends him spiraling into extreme depression and denial in The Fury, but the fact that Stefan pretends to feel absolutely no remorse over attacking Tyler and his associates in the Quonset hut. After the events of The Fury, Matt's faith in humanity and the world has been severely shaken, and he spends much of Dark Reunion in a previously uncharacteristic pessimistic, melancholic and defeated state. It takes a renewal of friendship and a deep heart-to-heart with his best friend Stefan for him to start to regain some of his earlier determination, optimism, positivity and good humor. In Moonsong, after attending Dalcrest College, Matt receives a letter inviting him to join the Vitale Society.
♜ Physical Description ♜Edit
Physically, Matt is described to be very tall. He is about 6'3" to 6'5". He has an athletic physique with broad shoulders and chest. He has light, flaxen short-cropped blond hair. Matt's eye color is described as a clear, light blue (Stefan observes that his eyes are open and honest). During the summer prior to The Awakening, Matt helped out on his grandparents' farm, which gave him a tanned complexion. He's described as being an attractive, handsome, wholesome, all-American, boy-next-door type and very trustworthy. Certainly, Elena still thinks that he's handsome, even after breaking up with him, and Bonnie shows some definite interest in him. Due to his family being poor, he tends to wear older clothes, and Elena surmises at the beginning of The Awakening, that his scuffed shoes must have been the same ones he had the previous year on account of not being able to afford new ones. A quote in The Awakening describes Matt's appearance: "He was good-looking. There was no doubt about that. Not in the stunning, almost disturbing way that―that some people were, but in a healthy American way. Matt Honeycutt was all-American. His blond hair was cropped short for the football season, and his skin was sunburnt from working outdoors on his grandparents' farm. His blue eyes were honest and straightforward."
♧ Personality Description ♧Edit
Matt is a very kind, caring and good person by nature and he has strong morals, values, and integrity. Personality wise, Matt is loyal, friendly, caring, understanding, helpful, forgiving, trustworthy, straightforward, dependable and he displays a sense of duty. He is described to be the friendly boy-next-door type. Although, despite his generally good traits and his even temperament, Matt can be jealous and envious. He can also be over protective over his friends (Meredith and Bonnie) and he is also quite strategic in his thinking. While Matt is heartbroken at losing Elena to Stefan Salvatore, he accepts it over time. He continues to be very protective of Elena and looks out for her like the best friend that he is to her and always has been. Matt was extremely jealous of Stefan at first and still pines for Elena's affections, but over a period of time, he begins to show some feelings towards Bonnie McCullough, although Bonnie is also deeply and strongly attracted to Damon Salvatore, Stefan's dangerous elder brother. Matt displays his helpful attitude in throughout the series; he helps Stefan escape the Haunted House on the night of the attack, but afterward begins to think that Stefan might have killed Mr. Tanner. Later in the series, the relationship between Stefan and Matt is closer to that of best friends. Despite being the captain and the star quarterback of Robert E. Lee High School's football team, Matt is about as far from a stereotypical jock as you can get. He's fiercely loyal and likes to see and believe the best in people. When it comes to the subject of love and relationships, he's quite old-fashioned and mature for his age. Despite being deeply in love with first love and childhood friend Elena Gilbert, he is able to not only let her go as a girlfriend, but he's also able to remain her loyal, protective friend, while not being bitter about his loss, coming to her aid several times (above and beyond the call of duty) in the story. Even more surprisingly, he's able to become best friends with Stefan Salvatore, who by all rights should be considered his rival in his love for Elena. But after a while, Matt comes to realize that Stefan truly loves Elena and is willing to do everything and anything he can to protect her and keep her safe, so Matt gains a lot of trust in Stefan because of this. Matt also has a love for cars (especially classic cars) and admires the red Jaguar that Stefan had bought for Elena. He’s Stefan’s first – and only – human friend when Stefan first comes to Fell’s Church, and on several occasions goes out on a limb for his best friend, trusting his gut instincts that Stefan is a very good person who can be trusted and depended on. He has faith in the basic goodness of people, and displays this several times during the course of the books, from sticking by his best friend Stefan, despite damning evidence against him, to even managing to work out some motives for Damon's actions that prove him to be not quite as evil as he'd like people to believe. Indeed, the basic concept of vampires existing, while a shock, doesn't seem to bother him particularly. It's not the fact that Stefan is a vampire that sends him spiraling into denial in The Fury, but the fact that Stefan pretends to feel no remorse over attacking Tyler Smallwood and his associates in the Quonset hut. After the events of The Fury, Matt's faith in humanity and the world has been severely shaken and disturbed, and he spends much of Dark Reunion in a previously uncharacteristic pessimistic and defeated state. It takes a renewal of friendship and a heart-to-heart with Stefan, for him to start to regain some of his earlier determination, faith, and good humor.
♚ Throughout The Series ♚ Edit
Elena met up with Matt on her way to school. He asked her how it was like being in France, and she said it was great, stalling what she had to tell him. Matt knew Elena was breaking up with him but she denied it was because of Stefan, the handsome, mysterious new student at the school. They remained friends, though, since that was how Elena had come to feel about him. Matt was nice to Stefan though and invited him to try out for the football team. Stefan turned down the offer at first, but Elena tried to talk to him, his longing for blood was too strong and accepted Matt's offer and left class with him. Stefan got the spot in tryouts, and Matt congratulated him. Matt was hurt when a rumor went around that Elena had a boyfriend she met in France, around the time they were already together. Elena admitted it wasn't true and that she made it up so people wouldn't believe it was because of Stefan. She wanted to ask him a favor, but Matt snapped that she always wanted everything to revolve around her, but apologized when he saw hurt her feelings. All Elena wanted was or Matt to make sure Stefan went to the Homecoming Dance and she agreed to go with Matt. Matt escorted her to the dance and pointed her towards Stefan who Elena realized had come with Caroline. Matt had known Caroline wanted Stefan. Elena got mad at her friends and went to flirt and dance with other people. Meredith saw when she left with Tyler Smallwood, Dick Carter, and Vickie and left with Matt and Bonnie to go find her. However, they found Vickie who had been attacked. They took her to the hospital. The police were called by Elena turned up with her rescuer, Stefan. When Elena started dating Stefan, Matt's relationship with him became strained, hurting Stefan. At the Halloween Party, Matt dressed as a werewolf. When Mr. Tanner had been discovered dead by Bonnie, Elena gave Matt look which told him to go find Stefan who was accused of the murder by Tyler. Matt found Stefan in the boys' locker room, passed out on the floor. Matt told him what had happened and told Stefan he had to leave before everyone found him. Stefan agreed and made Matt promise to look after Elena.
Matt kept his promise, but Elena, still mad at everyone for not believing Stefan's innocence, didn't care. Matt stayed outside her house in his car, just in case Elena tried to sneak out, and she did with Bonnie and Meredith. He followed them to Wickery Bridge where he nearly gave them a heart-attack. Bonnie had channeled Stefan's thoughts, and they thought he would be here. However, Matt figured out that Stefan might be in a well, and was correct. They found Stefan in the Old Frantcher's Farm and rescued Stefan from his watery prison.
Matt was devastated over Elena's death. Stefan came to him and asked him what he would do for Elena. Matt told him he would do anything for her. Stefan guided her to the music room and Matt was shocked to see Elena alive, but even more horrified when he discovered what she had become. Matt was hesitant to let Elena drink his blood, but agreed when Stefan reminded him that he would do anything for her. After Elena left with Damon, Stefan's brother, Matt left with Stefan and came across Tyler and his buddies who had been attacked. Matt was disgusted that Stefan was responsible.
After running away with Damon and Elena, he and Damon both decided to sleep outside while Elena got to sleep in the car, a red Jaguar that Stefan got Elena which Matt was gaga over. Matt, still hating Damon, got a stick and sharpened it till it was a take for protection. One morning, Damon woke Matt up and gave him a pencil, saying he had killed two other people. Matt tried to attack Damon but was thrown into the mud, then on top the Jaguar, startling Elena. Matt struggled to get off the car, worried that he had damaged it and tried not to get mud on it. Once he finally got off the car, he and Damon started arguing. Matt told Elena what Damon had done but Damon told them he had killed two vampires possessed by Malach. Damon took Elena to get some fresh air but returned when Matt started yelling at him. They argued about who would get to drive the car until Elena decided that she and Matt would leave with the car while Damon went to get something to eat. Matt spat how Damon would go and attack an innocent girl, making Damon defensive. After Damon left, Matt agreed to wake Elena in a few hours so she would get some more sleep. While they ate breakfast, Elena could sense that Matt was worried about Damon's "breakfast" because of what Damon had done to him while possessed by a Malach. They decided to trade the Jaguar at a used car dealership, but Matt and the dealer started arguing until Damon turned and Influenced the dealer to trade them two cars. The dealer took Matt to see a Prius, but when he came back, he found Elena and Damon seemingly in an embrace. They decided to split up, but unknowingly to Elena, Matt returned to Fell's Church and stayed at the boarding house with Mrs. Flowers. He spoke with Meredith and Bonnie and told them where Damon and Elena were headed. Meredith and Bonnie decided to go. Before they left, Bonnie and Meredith convinced Matt not to go back to his house. While Matt stayed with Mrs. Flowers in the boarding house, he had help from Dr. Alpert, Isobel Saitou's grandmother and mother who really knew what was going on in Fell's Church. Matt spied on Shinichi, guiding several young children into the wood and the Sheriff while trying to arrest Matt for "assaulting" Caroline, went after them since his niece Rebecca was there. However, after an hour, the children and Shinichi returned from the forest without the Sheriff. Some time afterward, Matt saw Rebbecca wearing her uncle's sheriff uniform with the badge and snatched from her.
The Salvation: Unmasked Edit
Evensong: Paradise Lost Edit
Evensong: War Of Roses (Part I) Edit
Evensong: War Of Roses (Part II) Edit
Evensong: Into The Woods Edit
♘ Names ♘Edit
MATTHEW (Name #1) Edit
- Matthew is a masculine name of Hebrew origin. It is from the Hebrew מַתִּתְיָהוּ (Mattiyahu). The meaning of Matthew is "Gift Of Yaweh" or "Gift From God".
- Matt is a variation or short form for Matthew.
- Other variations for Matthew include Madteo, Madteos, Madtheos, Mat, Mata, Mateo, Mateus, Mateusz, Mathe, Matheu, Mathew, Mathiann, Mathias, Mathieu, Matias, Matico, Mats, Matt, Mattaeus, Mattaus, Matteo, Matthaus, Mattheus, Matthias, Matthieu, Matthiew, Mattias, Mattie, Mattieu, Matty, Matvey, Matyas, Matz, Matai, Mate, Matei, Matfei, Matro, Matteus, Mattithyahu, Mattox, Mathew (English), Mat, Matt, Mattie, Matty (English), Matia (Basque), Matthaios, Matthias (Biblical Greek), Mattityahu (Biblical Hebrew), Mattheus, Matthias (Biblical Latin), Matey (Bulgarian), Mateu (Catalan), Matej, Mateo, Mate, Matija, Matko, Mato (Croatian), Matouš, Matěj, Matyáš (Czech), Mads, Mathias, Matthias (Danish), Matthias, Matthijs, Thijs, Ties (Dutch), Matti, Matias (Finnish), Matéo, Mathéo, Mathieu, Matthieu, Mathias, Mathis, Mathys, Matthias (French), Mate (Georgian), Matthäus, Mathias, Mathis, Matthias, Mattias (German), Matthias (Greek), Makaio (Hawaiian), Mattithyahu, Mattityahu (Hebrew), Máté, Mátyás (Hungarian), Maitiú (Irish), Matteo, Mattia (Italian), Matas (Lithuanian), Matej (Macedonian), Matteus, Mathias, Mats, Matthias (Norwegian), Mateusz, Maciej (Polish), Mateus, Matias (Portuguese), Matheus (Portuguese-Brazilian), Matei (Romanian), Matfey, Matvei, Matvey, Motya (Russian), Mateja, Matija (Serbian), Matúš, Matej (Slovak), Matej, Matevž, Matic, Matija, Matjaž, Tjaž (Slovene), Mateo, Matías (Spanish), Matteus, Mathias, Mats, Matthias, Mattias (Swedish), Afrikaans: Mattheus (Mattie), Amharic: ማቴዎስ? (Mathewos, Mateos), Arabic: متى (Mattà), Aramaic: Mattai, Armenian: Մատթէոս, Մաթևոս (Mat.teos), Azerbaijani: Matta, Mətta, Bengali: মথি (môthi), Basque: Mateo, Belarusian: Мацей (Maciej), Bulgarian: Матей (Matej), Breton: Mazhev, Catalan: Mateu, Chinese: 马修 (Simplified); 馬修 (traditional) (Mǎ xiū), Croatian: Matej, Matija, Mate, Mato, Matijaš, Matijas, Czech: Matěj, Matyáš, Matiáš, Mattias, Matouš, Danish: Mads, Mathias, Dutch: Matthijs, Mathis, Mathijs, Mattijs, Mattheus, Matthias, Thijs, Ties, Tijs, English: Matthew, Mathew, Matthias, Matt, Matty, Mattie, Old English: Mattheus, Esperanto: Mateo, Estonian: Madis, Mati, Finnish: Matias, Matti, French: Matthieu, Mathieu; Mathias, Matthias; Mathis, Matthis, Georgian: მათე (Mate), Galician: Mateu, German: Matthias, Mathias, Matthäus, Greek: Ματθαίος (Matthaios, Mattheos), Koine Greek: Ματθαῖος (Matthaios, Mattheos), Hebrew: מתתיהו ,מתיתיהו (Matityahu), Gujarati: મેથ્યુ (Mēthyu), Hindi: मैथ्यू (Maithyū), Hungarian: Máté, Mátyás [:MAT-ya:sh:], Icelandic: Matthías, Matti, Indonesian: Matius, Mateus, Irish: Maitiú, Maiú, Maidiú, Maitias, Italian: Matteo, Mattia, Japanese: マシュー (Mashū), マタイ (Matai), Kannada: ಮ್ಯಾಥ್ಯೂ (Myāthyū), Khmer: ម៉ាថាយ (Meathay), Kurdish: خالت (Khalat), Korean: 매튜 (Maetyu), 마태 (Matae), Latin: Matthæus, Matthias, Latvian: Matīss, Matejs, Lithuanian: Matas, Motiejus, Macedonian: Метју (Metju), Матеј (Matej), Maltese: Mattew, Marathi: मॅथ्यू (Mĕthyū), Malayalam: മത്തായി (Matthayi), Mongolian: Матай (Matai), Nepali: मत्ती (Mattī), Norwegian: Matias, Mathias, Mattias; Matheus, Matteus; Mats, Mads; Mattis, Polish: Mateusz, Portuguese: Matias, Mathias (archaic); Mateus, Matheus (archaic), Punjabi: ਮੱਤੀ (Matī), Romanian: Matei, Matia, Russian: Матвей (Matvej), Матфей (Matfej)(archaic), Мотя (Motja), Мотка (Motka), Мэтью (Met'yu), Serbian: Матија (Matija), Матеја (Matеja), Slovak: Matúš, Matej, Swahili: Matayo, Scottish Gaelic: Matha, Mata, Spanish: Matías, Matheo, Mateo, Matejo, Teo, Swedish: Mats, Mattias, Mathias, Matias, Slovene: Matej, Matevž, Matjaž, Matija, Turkish: Matta, Mete, Tamil: மத்தேயு (Mattēyu), Telugu: మట్టయ్య(Mattayya), Thai: แมทธิว (Mæthṭhiw), Ukrainian: Матей (Matej), Матвій (Matvij), Матвійко (Matvijko), Venetian: Mateo, Vietnamese: Mátthêu, Welsh: Mathew, Zazaki: Matta, Zulu: Mathewu.
JEFFREY (Name #2) Edit
- Jeffrey is a masculine name of English origin. The meaning of Jeffrey is "Divinely Peaceful".
- Jeff is a variation or short form for Jeffrey.
- Other variations for the name Jeffrey include Jeff, Jefferies, Jeffery, Jeffre, Jeffree, Jeffrie, Jeffrery, Jeffrie, Jeffries, Jeffry, Jefre, Jefri, Jefry, Jeoffroi, Joffre, Joffrey, Jefery, Jeffari, Jeffary, Jeffeory, Jefferay, Jeffereoy, Jefferey, Jefferie, Jeffory, Geoffrey, Geffrey, Geoff, Geoffery, Geoffre, Geoffrie, Geoffroi, Geoffroy, Geoffry, Geofrey, Geofri, Gofery, Giotto, Godfrey, Godefroi, Godfree, Godfry, Godofredo, Godoired, Godrey, Goffredo, Gofraidh, Gofredo, Gorry, Gottfried, Gotfrid, Gotfrids, Gottfrid, Geoffrey, Godfrey, Jeffery, Jeffry, Geffrey, Geoff, Jeff, Jep, Gaufrid, Gisilfrid, Godafrid, Walahfrid (Ancient Germanic), Guðfriðr (Ancient Scandinavian), Godfried (Dutch), Geoffrey, Geoffroy, Godefroy, Joffrey (French), Gottfried (German), Gofraidh, Séafra, Siothrún (Irish), Goffredo, Fredo (Italian), Geoffroi (Medieval French), Gjord, Gjurd (Medieval Scandinavian), Godtfred, Gjurd (Norwegian), Godofredo (Portuguese), Goraidh (Scottish), Godofredo (Spanish), Gottfrid, Gjord (Swedish), Sieffre (Welsh), Jotfredus, Jozsfredus, Josfredus (10th century) and Jof[f]redus, Jofridus, Jaufredus, Geffredus (11th century), ጄፍሪ (Jēfirī) (Amharic), جيفري (Jayfri), Джэфры ( Džefry) (Belarusian), জিওফ্রে (Ji'ōphrē) (Bengali), Джефри (Dzhefri) (Bulgarian), 杰弗里 (Jié fú lǐ) (Chinese Simplified), 杰弗裡 (Jié fú lǐ) (Chinese Traditional), Guffredu (Corsican), ჯეფრი (Jep'ri) (Georgian), જ્યોફ્રી (Jyōphrī) (Gujarati), जेफ्री (Jephree) (Hindi), ジェフリー ( Jefurī) (Japanese), ಜೆಫ್ರಿ (Jephri), Джеффри (Djeffrï) (Kazakh), 제프리 (Jepeuli) (Korean), Жэксон (Jekson) (Krygyz), Џефри (Džefri) (Macedonian), ജെഫ്രി (Jephri) (Malayalam), जेफ्री (Jēphrī) (Marathi), جفری (Persian), ਜੈਫ਼ਰੀ ( Jaifarī) (Punjabi), Джеффри (Dzheffri) (Russian), Џефри ( Džefri) (Serbian), ජෙෆ්රි (Jefri) (Sinhala), ஜெஃப்ரி (Jeḥpri) (Tamil), జెఫ్రీ ( Jephrī) (Telugu), เจฟฟรีย์ (Cef frī y̒) (Thai), Джеффрі ( Dzheffri) (Ukrainian), جیفری (Urdu).
HONEYCUTT (Surname) Edit
- Honeycutt is a surname of English origin. The possible meaning of Honeycutt is "Honey Cottage" in Old English.
- Other variations for Honeycutt include Honycutt, Hunnicott, Huncote, Honicote, Honeycott, Hunnicut, Hunnicutt, هونيكات (Hwnykat) (Arabic), Ханикатт (Chanikatt) (Belarusian), Хъникът (Khŭnikŭt) (Bulgarian), 哈尼科特 (Hāní kē tè) (Chinese Simplified), 哈尼科特 (Hāní kē tè) (Chinese Traditional), Miccichè (Corsican), Honeycutti (Estonian), Χάνεϊκατ (Cháneïkat) (Greek), हनीकट (Haneekat) (Hindi), ハニーカット (Hanīkatto) (Japanese), ಹನಿಕಟ್ (Hanikaṭ) (Kannada), 허니 (Heoni) (Korean), Hanīkats (Latvian), Ханикатт (Khanikatt) (Russian), Хонеицутт (Honeicutt) (Serbian), ஹனிகட் (Haṉikaṭ) (Tamil), హనీకట్ట్ (Hanīkaṭṭ) (Telugu), Ханікатт (Khanikatt) (Ukrainian), האָנייקוטט (Honeykutt) (Yiddish).
♡ Relationships ♡ Edit
♓︎ Zodiac Sign (Pisces) ♓︎ Edit
Pisces is the twelfth sign of the zodiac, and it is also the final sign in the zodiacal cycle. Hence, this sign brings together many of the characteristics of the eleven signs that have come before it. Pisces, however, are happiest keeping many of these qualities under wraps. These folks are selfless, spiritual and very focused on their inner journey. They also place great weight on what they are feeling. Yes, feelings define Pisces, and it's not uncommon for them to feel their own burdens (and joys) as well as those of others. The intuition of the Pisces-born is highly evolved. Many people associate Pisces with dreams and secrets, and it's a fair association, since those born under this sign feel comfortable in an illusory world. It's a pair of Fish that represents Pisces, a symbol that prompts others to suggest that these people 'go with the flow' and 'don't make waves.' Both of these labels are true, since Pisces are fluid and easy-going, in keeping with the Mutable Quality assigned to this sign. The fact that two fish (as opposed to one) represent the members of this sign also speaks to the duality of Pisces, their yin and yang sensibility. Pisces alternate between reality and non-reality in keeping with their introspective natures; their voyage between consciousness and an unconscious dream state says much about their intuitive, almost psychic natures. For this reason, Pisces can be hard to pin down, prompting some to call them the chameleons of the zodiac. The Fish are happy to be considered hazy since there's a certain sense of safety in that self-proclaimed netherworld. That said, they won't stay away for long, since one of their primary goals is to help others. Pisces are compassionate, charitable and will quickly put the needs of others ahead of their own. It's this kind of self-sacrifice that keeps these folks going. The flip side to their giving natures is that the oft-timid Fish are likely to be taken advantage of by less well-meaning souls. Pisces is ruled by Jupiter and Neptune. In ancient Roman mythology, Jupiter (the original ruler of Pisces) was the king of the gods, while Neptune was the ruler of the seas. When Neptune was discovered in recent times, it was attached to this sign. The pairing of these two heavenly bodies results in some unique energies being directed toward Pisces here on Earth. Those born under this sign are spiritually oriented and charitable. They are compassionate, easily feeling another's pain. At times, however, Pisceans can have difficulty distinguishing fact from fantasy; they tend to get caught up in their dreams and views of how things should be. To say they wear rose-colored glasses isn't much of a stretch. Pisces who fear that their pleas aren't being heard tend to lapse into melancholy and, worse, the kind of pessimism that leads to procrastination and lethargy. At times like this, Pisces would be wise to take time for themselves, the better to find their center once again. Many Pisces also immerse themselves in the arts and other creative pursuits as a centering mechanism, and they are quite talented in these areas. The Element associated with Pisces is Water. Those born under this sign easily relate to the emotional and unpredictable nature of this liquid gold. Pisces feel a great deal, and they also feel misunderstood much of the time. They're not quite pushovers, but they're certainly sensitive. Yes, they could cry you a river if the circumstances were right. Even so, they revel in their compassionate and imaginative natures and love to cater to others. They can also be quite romantic, dreaming up delicious treats for their lover. Hopefully, any kindness will be reciprocated, because the Fish can certainly turn blue if they're not. Pisces are generally gentle, easy-going folk, who are on the shy and reticent side. They are modest to the point of impracticality, often stepping up only to show their talents in painting or music. Easiest for the Fish (and still great fun) is living in their lush dream world. More relaxation for the Fish comes in the way of sports, specifically water sports. Pisces loves to swim, and it's this easy glide in a pool or the sea that serves to alleviate much of their stress. Once their mind is at ease, the Fish should focus on their feet, a frequent source of discomfort. Soothing comfort comes in a world colored in purple and soft white. When it comes to the game of love, Pisces are caring and romantic and a most creative mate. The great strength of the Pisces-born is their compassionate and charitable nature. These folks love to help others and do so in the most imaginative of ways. It's their feeling sensibility that wins people over.
Pisces Strength Keywords: Edit
- Compassionate - Adaptable - Accepting - Devoted - Imaginative
Pisces Weakness Keywords: Edit
- Oversensitive - Indecisive - Self-pitying - Lazy - Escapist
Pisces and Independence: Edit
Pisces needs a dominant partner of role model in their life or they will very easily fall into a pit of self-pity and self-undoing. When they are independent and inspired by life's events, their creativity comes shining through but they are unable to be on their own for long before they start dreaming in their imaginary world of happy people and happy endings. They need other people to keep them grounded and on the right track.
Pisces and Friendship: Edit
Pisces will go out of their way to help a friend. They are extremely sensitive and loyal. They will take a friend's problem and make it their own and suffer with them. This is the weak spot of Pisces but any friend of this zodiac sign should know that although they are attracted to people with severe problems who desperately need help, this actually does more harm them good. Even though Pisces will offer to make everything right, do not allow them to take on all your problems because they will lose their identity in your situation. They need a strong positive friend to make them strong. Pisces like adventure, new situation, and social events. A Pisces friend will always have something exciting in mind and it is a very fulfilling, long lasting friendship.
Pisces and Business: Edit
Pisces does not take well to a position of leadership or high business person, they are too sensitive and lacking in self-discipline and lacking self-confidence for a position such as that. What they are good at is is writing, acting, poetry, or being musicians. Pisces are excellent at anything that tugs at the heart strings and mystical/spiritual. They are extremely creative and can use their skills of creativity and their understanding of people to inspire others. Unfortunately, most Pisces take the easy way out in life and never attain the degree of fame that they possibly could, they have to stop self-doubting themselves because they are capable of being good role models and leaders to others, people do look up to them.
Pisces and Temperament: Edit
The Pisces personality is hard to pin down, it is very mysterious and elusive. Pisces are molded by their surroundings, they incorporate their experiences and surroundings into themselves. They have extreme compassion and they feel the pain of others. If something is wrong in the world that affects them, it affects them deeply, they take it to heart and feel extreme feelings regarding the matter. When they are happy, they are extremely happy and when they are sad, they are extremely depressed.
Pisces Deep Inside: Edit
Pisces have an intuitive and psychic ability more than any other zodiac signs. They trust their gut feelings and if they do not, they quickly learn to because they realize that their hunches are usually correct. Pisces downfall is their sensitivity and their inability to reject another person. They do not like rejection and they try to treat others the way they want to be treated so they will rarely say no to a person for fear of hurting their feelings. They will help another person with their problems and like to do so because making others feel good in turn makes them feel good. Pisces is the zodiac sign of self-undoing. People born under this zodiac sign are not susceptible to bad luck and unfortunate events, they bring them on themselves by overindulging, laziness and a knack for picking poorly suited partners and friends. They want people in their life who stir their emotions because this helps them to practice emotional stability. The inner conflict of Pisces is extremes of temperament and conflicting emotions. They are trying to pinpoint themselves on the real world while their spiritual world can cloud their vision, they will try to escape or avoid a situation instead of confronting it. Pisces eternal struggle is to learn to use their powers and their imagination in a positive, productive way and vying for emotional stability by not giving away their emotions to everyone else, they need to help themselves.
Pisces in a Nutshell: Edit
Pisces is the sign of mysticism, mystery and the spiritual unknown. Pisces live in two worlds, the real world and the spiritual or mystical world where they interpret what they see into what they want. They do this to avoid all the realities of pain and suffering in the world. They have extremes of emotions and feel both good and bad intensively. Pisces have a formidable and intuitive ability. Most Pisces are somehow involved with occult or spiritualism. Pisces are very good at understanding people for they have the ability to delve into the psyche and see behind a person's motivations. Pisces are prone to drug addiction and indulging lifestyles because of their eternal search for themselves and their fear of confrontation and having to change a situation, also they justify drug use by allowing it to get closer to their 'spiritual selves'. Once they aware this is why they are doing it, it will be easier to kick the habit. Pisces are not the pushovers that they may seem, in fact, they have a strength of character and will stand up for what they believe in and they can do hard work for something they believe in. They can be very lazy but only in matters that they do not care about. Pisces is the most sensitive of all zodiac signs.
What it's Like to Date a Pisces Woman: Edit
Pisces women are very captivating and fascinating. She makes a man feel like a man because of her need for a protector and leader. She is charming, soft and feminine. The ultimate enchantress. She can see right through a man and she is not easy to fool, so any man better be straight with her and not lead her on, because instead of confronting him, she will simply disappear. She needs to nurture and will give the man orders, but only for his own good. She will make sure he is eating properly and getting enough sleep, sort of like a mother nurturing a child. What she needs in return is a man to protect and cherish her, make her feel like she is needed and loved. She might almost be clingy and dependent but never overbearingly. Her partner will become of a better half. She needs patience and sympathy and you have to be gentle with her. Don't poke fun or tease and definitely do not reject her harshly because she can't stand rejection. She is extremely romantic and will lose herself in the relationship. The Pisces woman is the ultra feminine nurturer, the ideal woman for the right man.
What it's Like to Date a Pisces Man: Edit
Pisces man is the ultimate romantic, the sensitive man who feels with a woman. Pisces male is the ideal zodiac sign for the woman who complains that men are not sensitive enough, this man is. However, he has such an ideal of romance that is unrealistic and will fall out of love when he realizes that there is no such thing as the perfect woman. This man lives in the world of dreams and he needs a woman to keep him grounded. He always seems to choose the wrong woman, or a woman he can't have like a married woman that way there is no worry about becoming emotionally attached. He needs a woman who can dominate him, but very subtly. She has to be able to help him steer clear of bad habits and bad thoughts. Pisces man needs sensitivity, generosity, and compassion, nurture him and he will nurture you back. A fulfilling emotional relationship for the strong yet sensitive woman.
How to Attract Pisces: Edit
talk about spirituality, the occult, astrology, anything that is out of reach of the real world. They will easily get lost in a good conversation. Although they are attracted to people with severe problems who desperately need help, this actually does more harm them good. Even though Pisces will offer to make everything right, do not allow them to take on all your problems because they will lose their identity in your situation. They need a strong positive partner to make them strong. Pisces like adventure, new situation and social events and will be up to doing almost anything that you suggest. Make them laugh, they are usually melancholy and will be impressed if someone has the ability to make them laugh. They are not very conservative people so do not be afraid to talk about unconventional or strange things and tell them odd jokes, they will be impressed by that. They are suckers for flattery give them compliments and tell them in a roundabout way that you admire them. Be sensitive, generous and gentle, make them feel comfortable with you and make them feel good about themselves and all will be smooth sailing!
Pisces Erogenous Zone: Edit
The feet are the most sensitive spot for Pisces. Massaging the feet and sucking on toes are usually Pisces favorite and will get them steamed up and ready for action.
Sex With Pisces: Edit
Sex with Pisces is an emotional and physical experience, and if you allow it, it will be a spiritual experience as well. Pisces are very good at and love role play. Acting fully in their roles. They like to seduce. Role play that you are in an old fashioned brothel and get them to seduce you, they love erotic games for they are able to get completely involved and lose themselves in the erotic play. Pisces likes risque encounters and offbeat activities. A very fun partner for those who like different encounters and physical sex.
⚓ Tropes ⚓ Edit
♦️ Trivia ♦️ Edit
- Matt's birthday is March 6.
- Matt's zodiac sign is Pisces.
- His middle name is Jeffrey.
- Matt is very tall, being between 6'3" and 6'5".
- Matt has light blond hair and light blue eyes.
- He was the star quarterback of Robert E. Lee High's football team.
- His best friend is Stefan Salvatore.
- Matt has been close friends with Bonnie, Meredith, and Elena since childhood.
- Matt is the first love and high school sweetheart of Elena Gilbert. They have been childhood friends since they were children and eventually dated in high school.
- Matt was accepted into Harvard University on a scholarship but he declined the school to attend Dalcrest College with all of his friends instead.
- Matt is a straight A student and received a scholarship to go to Harvard University.
- Matt's grandparents were farmers. He often worked on their farm during the summer time.
- Matt comes from a poor or working-class family.
- Matt was the first one to befriend Stefan when he first arrived at Fells Church and attended Robert E. Lee High School as a new transfer student.
- Matt does not like Damon Salvatore, the older brother of Stefan Salvatore.
- Matt shows dislike and disdain towards Tyler Smallwood and thinks of him as a bully.
- Matt was still in love with Elena in the beginning of the story, even though Elena had already fallen deeply in love with Stefan.
- Matt's counterparts from other LJ Smith series include Rob Kessler (Dark Visions), Mark Carter (Night World), Tom Locke (The Forbidden Game), Eric Ross (Night World), David Blackburn (Night World).