MARGARET GILBERT (English Full Name: Margaret Sophia Louise Gilbert) (BORN March 02nd, 2009 in Fells Church, Virginia, U.S.A.) is a minor character in The Vampire Diaries novel series. Margaret is the youngest child of Thomas Gilbert and Elizabeth Gilbert (nee Chamberlain). She is the niece of Judith Gilbert and Robert Maxwell, the younger sister of Elena Gilbert and the younger maternal half sister of Katherine Von Schwartzschild. When her parents died, she was only a year old, therefore, she barely has any memory of them. Physically, she is described to have a strong physical resemblance to her elder sister Elena. She has white platinum blonde hair, very fair skin with peachy coloured cheeks, and light blue eyes.
Physical Appearance Edit
Throughout The Series Edit
In The Awakening, Damon threatend to bite Margaret when she was asleep because Elena would not come with Damon.
When Stefan goes missing, Elena becomes extremely depressed. She refuses anyone's company, but allowed Margaret to hug her. One day when Elena comes home, she finds Damon there. Margaret arrives with a tiny kitten that she names Snowball. Elena decides to introduce Snowball to Damon. The kitten scratches at him and runs away. To comfort a crying Margaret, Robert helps her find the kitten.
When Elena dies, her family is deeply saddened. Elena, a newly turned vampire, goes to visit her house and finds Margaret innocently sleeping in her bed. Snowball comes in and Elena notices she is showing signs that other dangerous animals are showing. Elena manages to scare the kitten away and get Margaret to invite her in the house. She talks to Margaret and tells her she is her guardian and will protect her. It is later revealed that Margaret's kitten was in fact Katherine Von Schwartzschild, the vampire who turned the Salvatore brothers (and later discovered to be her significantly older maternal half sister). When the crazed animals attack the townspeople, Robert, Judith and Margaret are protected by Meredith and Matt.
Evensong: Paradise Lost Edit
Evensong: War Of Roses Edit
Evensong: Into The Woods Edit
First Name (MARGARET) Edit
- MARGARET is a feminine first name of Greek origin. The meaning of the name is "Pearl".
- Other spellings or variations of Margaret include Margaretta, Margery, Marjorie, Marjory, Madge, Mae, Maggie, Mamie, Marge, Margie, May, Mayme, Meg, Peg, Peggie, Peggy, Midge, Retha (Afrikaans), Margarid, Margarit (Armenian), Margarita (Bulgarian), Margarida (Catalan), Margareta (Croatian), Markéta (Czech), Margareta, Margit, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Margarethe, Merete, Meta, Mette, Rita (Danish), Margareta, Margaretha, Margriet, Greet, Greetje, Griet, Margreet (Dutch), Maret, Margit (Estonian), Maarit, Margareta, Marketta, Margareeta, Reeta, Reetta (Finnish), Marguerite, Margaux, Margot (French), Margarida (Galician), Margareta, Margarete, Margaretha, Margarethe, Greta, Gretchen, Grete, Gretel, Margrit, Meta, Rita (German), Margalit, Margalita (Hebrew), Margaréta, Margit, Margita, Gréta, Rita (Hungarian), Margrét (Icelandic), Mairéad (Irish), Margherita, Rita (Italian), Margarita (Late Roman), Margreet, Greet (Limburgish), Margarita (Lithuanian), Margaid, Paaie (Manx), Meggy (Medieval English), Margareta, Margit, Margrete, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Marit, Marita, Meta, Mette, Rita (Norwegian), Margarida (Occitan), Małgorzata, Gosia, Małgosia, Marzena (Polish), Margarida, Rita (Portuguese), Margareta (Romanian), Margarita (Russian), Maighread, Mairead, Maisie, Marsaili, Mysie, Peigi (Scottish), Margita, Markéta (Slovak), Margareta, Marjeta (Slovene), Margarita, Rita (Spanish), Margareta, Margit, Greta, Marit, Marita, Märta, Merit, Meta, Rita (Swedish), Marged, Mererid, Mared, Megan (Welsh), Annegret (German; short form of Johanna Margareta), Bitxi (Basque), Bitxilore (Basque), Маргарита (Bulgarian), Маргаритка (Bulgarian), Марго (Bulgarian), Маги (Bulgarian), Грета (Bulgarian, Gita (Czech), Gitka (Czech), Gituška (Czech), Gosia (Polish), Gośka (Polish), Greet (Dutch), Greetje (Dutch), Greta (English), (German), (Swedish), (Italian), Gréta (Icelandic), Gretchen (English), (German), Grete (Danish), (German), Gretel (German), Grethe (Danish), (German), Gretl (German), Gretta (English), Griet (Dutch), Grieta (Latvian), Jorie (English), Maarit (Finnish), Madge (English), Magali (Provencal), Mággá (Sami), Magga (Icelandic), Maggan (Swedish), Maggie (English), Magredá (Sami), Maighread (Scottish), Mairéad (Irish), Mairead (Scottish), Maisie (Scots), Makelesi (Tongan), Makkak (Greenlandic), ملغلره (Malghaləra) (Pashto), Małgorzata (Polish), Małgorzatka (Polish), Małgosia (Polish), Małgośka (Polish), Mamie (English), Manci (Hungarian), Mared (Welsh), Maret (Estonian), Máret (Sami), Marga (Estonian), (Catalan), Margalida (Catalan), Margaid (Manx), מרגלית Margalit (Hebrew), Margaréta (Hungarian), (Slovak), Margareta (Croatian), (Danish), (Dutch), (German), (Norwegian), (Romanian), (Slovene), (Swedish), Margarete (Estonian), (German), Margaretha (Dutch), German, Margarethe (Danish), (German), Margaretta (English), Margarid (Armenian), Margarida (Galician), (Portuguese), (Catalan), Margarita (Bulgarian), (Greek), (Lithuanian), (Russian), (Spanish), (Ukrainian), (Albanian), Margaritis (Greek), Margaro (Greek), Margaux (French), Marge (English), Márge (Sami), Marged (Welsh), Margery (English), Margey (English), Márgget (Sami), Margherita (Italian), Margie (English), Margit Danish, (Hungarian), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Margita (Hungarian), (Polish) (Slovakian), Margo (English), (Greek), (Hungarian), (Ukrainian), Margot (English), (French), (German), Márgrehtá (Sami), Márgreittá (Sami), Margrét (Icelandic), Margret (German), Margrethe (Danish), (Norwegian), Margriet (Dutch), Margrit (German), Márgu (Sami), Marguerite (French), Margy (English), Marharyta (Belarusian), Marit (Norwegian), (Swedish), Marita (Finnish), (Greek), Maritta (Finnish), (Greek), Marja (Finnish), Marjatta (Finnish), Marjeta (Slovene), (Greek), (Albanian), Marjorie (English), Marjory (English), (Greek), Markéta (Czech), Marketta (Finnish), Markit (Czech), Marsaili (Scottish), Mayme (English), Meagan (English), Meaghan (English), Meg (English), Megi (Albanian), Megan (English), (Welsh), Meghan (English), Mererid (Welsh), Meret (Sami), Merete (Danish), Merit (Swedish), Meta (Danish), (German), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Mette (Danish), (Norwegian), Midge (English), Markétka (Czech), Mysie (Scots), Paaie (Manx), Peg (English), Pegeen (English), (Irish), Peggie (English), Peggy (English), (Greek), Peig (Irish), Peigi (Scottish), Penina (Hebrew), Perele (Yiddish), Perle (Yiddish), Reeta (Finnish), Reetta (Finnish), Rita (English), (Greek), (German), (Hungarian), (Italian), (Portuguese), (Russian), (Spanish), (Ukrainian), Tita (Spanish), , Armenian - Մարգարիտ (Margarit or Margarid), Bulgarian - Маргарита or Марго or Маги, Czech - Markéta, Danish - Margrethe, Finnish - Margareeta, Maarit, French - Marguerite, Margot, Margaux, Scottish Gaelic - Mairead, Irish - Mairéad, Italian - Margherita, German, Dutch - Margarete or Margareta, Greek - Μαργαρίτα (Margarita), Hungarian - Margit or Margaréta, Icelandic - Margrét, Italian - Margherita, Kazakh - Meruwert, Marathi - Manjiri, Polish - Małgorzata, Portuguese - Margarida, Romanian - Margareta, Russian - Маргарита or Рита, Spanish - Margarita, Sanskrit - Mañjarī, Swedish - Margareta, Margit, Greta, Rita, Ukrainian - Маргарита, Марго, Рита, Japanese - マーガレット/Māgaretto, Maggie, Mar, Marg, Marge, Margey, Margie, Meg, Meggy, Peg, Peggy, Pegeen, Maisie, Mamie, Margo, Madge, Molly, Malla, Midge, Marga, Mags, Margu, Greta, Gretel, Marya.
Second Name (SOPHIA) Edit
- SOPHIA is a feminine first name of Greek origin. The meaning of Sophia is "Wise" or "Wisdom".
- Other spellings of Sophia include Sophia (Ancient Greek), Sofiya (Bulgarian), Sofia (Catalan), Sofija, Sonja (Croatian), Sofie, Žofie, Soňa (Czech), Sofie, Sonja, Vivi (Danish), Sofia (Estonian), Sofia, Sohvi, Sonja (Finnish), Sopio (Georgian), Sofia, Sophia (Greek), Zsófia, Szonja, Zsófika (Hungarian), Sofia, Sonia (Italian), Sofija (Latvian), Sofija (Lithuanian), Sofija, Sonja (Macedonian), Sofia, Sonja, Vivi (Norwegian), Zofia, Zosia (Polish), Sofia, Sonia (Portuguese), Sofia, Sonia (Romanian), Sofiya, Sofya, Sonya (Russian), Sofija, Sonja (Serbian), Sofia, Žofia, Soňa (Slovak), Sonja (Slovene), Sofía, Sonia (Spanish), Sofia, Sonja, Vivi (Swedish), Sofiya (Ukrainian).
Third Name (LOUISE) Edit
- LOUISE is a feminine first name of German origin. It is the feminine version of Louis. The meaning of Louise is "Famous Warrior" or "Long Held".
- Other spellings or variations of Louise include Loise, Louella, Louisa, Louisetta, Louisette, Louisina, Louisiana, Louisiane, Louisine, Louiza, Lovisa, Lowise, Loyise, Lu, Ludovica, Ludovika, Ludwiga, Luella, Luisa, Luise, Lujza, Lujzika, Luiza, Loyce, Ludkhannah, Luijzika, Likla, Ludka, Lilka, Luell, Luelle, Luigina, Loring, Lodoiska, Alojzija (Croatian), Loviise (Estonian), Loviisa (Finnish), Aloisia, Louisa, Luise, Lulu (German), Louiza (Greek), Lujza (Hungarian), Ludovica, Luigia, Luisa, Gina, Luigina, Luisella (Italian), Liudvika (Lithuanian), Ruiha (Maori), Lovise (Norwegian), Ludwika, Luiza (Polish), Luísa, Luiza (Portuguese), Luiza (Romanian), Alojzia (Slovak), Alojzija (Slovene), Luisa, Luisina, Luisita (Spanish), Aloisia (German, Italian, Spanish), Aloisie (Czech), Alojza (Polish), Alojzia (Hungarian, Slovak), Alojzija (Slovene), Heloísa (Portuguese), Liudvika (Lithuanian), Lluïsa (Catalan), Loes (Dutch), Lou (English, French), Louella (English), Louisa (English), Louise (Danish, Dutch, English, French, Norwegian, Swedish), Louiza (Λουίζα) (Greek), Lova (Swedish), Liisa (Finnish), Loviise (Estonian), Lovisa (Swedish), Lovise (Danish, Norwegian), Lu (English), Luann (English), Luana (English, Portuguese), Luanne (English), Ludovica (Italian, Latin), Ludwika (Polish), Luella (English), Luigia (Italian), Luigina (Italian), Luísa (Portuguese), Luisa (Italian, Spanish), Luise (German, Estonian), Luisella (Italian), Luiza (Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian (Луиза), Albanian), Luīze (Latvian), Lujza (Hungarian, Slovak), Lula (English), Lulu (English, German), Ouida, Ruiha (Māori).
Surname (GILBERT) Edit
- GILBERT is a masculine first name or a surname of Germanic origin. The English-language surname is derived from Giselbert, a medieval personal name composed of the following Germanic elements of gisil ("Pledge", "Hostage", "Noble Youth") and berht ("Bright", "Famous"). The meaning of the name Gilbert is "Of The Bright Promise", "One Who Is Trustworthy", "Brilliant", "Pledge" or "Trustworthy".
- Other spellings of the name Gilbert include Gib, Gibb, Gil, Gilberto, Gilburt, Giselbert, Giselberto, Giselbertus, Guilbert, Gilbirt, Gilbyrt, Gilbart, Gilibeirt, Giliburt, Gilibert, Gilibirt, Gilleabart, Guilbert, Guilbirt, Guilburt, Gylbert, Gylbirt, Gylburt, Gylbyrt, Gil, Gili, Gilie, Gill, Gilley, Gilli, Gillie, Gillis, Gilly, Gyl, Gyll, Gillett, Gelett, Gelette, Gilet, Gilett, Gilette, Gillette, Gillit, Gylet, Gylett, Gylit, Gylitt, Gylyt, Gylytt, Giselbert, Gisilbert (Ancient Germanic), Gib, Gil (English), Gilberto (Italian), Gilberto, Gilburto (Portuguese), Gilberto (Spanish), Arabic: جيلبرت, Belarusian: Гілберт (Hilbiert), Bengali: গিলবার্ট (Gilabārṭa), Chinese Simplified: 吉尔伯特 (Jí'ěrbótè), Chinese Traditional: 吉爾伯特 (Jí'ěrbótè), French: Gilbert, German: Gilbert, Gujarati: ગિલ્બર્ટ ( Gilbarṭa), Hebrew: גילברט, Hindi: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Italian: Gilberto, Japanese: ギルバート (Girubāto), Kannada: ಗಿಲ್ಬರ್ಟ್ (Gilbarṭ), Korean: 길버트 (Gilbeoteu), Macedonian: Гилберт, Marathi: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Mongolian: Гилберт (Gilbyert), Nepali: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Persian: گیلبرت, Portuguese: Gilberto, Russian: Гилберт, Serbian: Гилберт, Spanish: Gilberto, Tamil: கில்பர்ட் (Kilparṭ), Telugu: గిల్బర్ట్ (Gilbarṭ), Thai: กิลเบิร์ (Kilbeir̒), Turkish: Jilbert, Jilber, Ukrainian: Гілберт (Hilbert), Urdu: گلبرٹ, Yiddish: גילבערט (Gylbʻrt).
- The feminine forms of Gilbert include Gilberte (French), Gilberta (Dutch), Gilberta, Gilbertha, Gilberthe, Gilbertina, Gilbertine, Gill, Gillie, Gilly, Gilberte, Gilbertyna, Gilbertyne, Gilberteena, Gilberteene, Gilbarta, Gilbarte, Gilen, Gijs, Gilberte, Gilberta, Gilbertia, Gilbertina, Gilbertine, Gilbertyna, Gilbertyne, Gilbirt, Gilbirta, Gilbirte, Gilbirtia, Gilbirtina, Gilbirtine, Gilburta, Gilburte, Gilburtia, Gilburtina, Gilburtine, Gilburtyna, Gilbyrta, Gilbyrte, Gilbyrtia, Gilbyrtina, Gilbyrtyna, Gylberta, Gylbertah, Gylberte, Gylbertina, Gylbertyna, Gylbirta, Gylbirte, Gylbirtia, Gylbirtina, Gylbirtine, Gylbirtyna, Gylburta, Gylburte, Gylburtia, Gylburtina, Gylburtyna, Gylbyrta, Gylbyrte, Gylbyrtia, Gylbyrtina, Gylbyrtyna, Gigi, GiGi, G.G., Geegee, Geygey, Giggi, Gygy, Jeejee, Jeyjey, Jiji.