|Cause of Death||
Elena Gilbert (English Full Name: Elena Catherine Jane Gilbert; German Full Name: Helena Catharina Johanna Giselbert) (b. November 2, 1996 in Fells Church, Virginia, U.S.A.) is the focal character, narrator, heroine and protagonist of The Vampire Diaries. Elena is the oldest child of Thomas Eugene Gilbert and Elizabeth Anne Gilbert (née Chamberlain). She is also the middle child and daughter of Elizabeth. Elena is the true soulmate of Stefan Salvatore, the current girlfriend of Damon Salvatore, the best friend of Bonnie McCullough and Meredith Sulez, the former best friend turned rival of Caroline Forbes, the childhood friend, the first love, the high school sweetheart, and the former girlfriend of Matt Honeycutt, and the enemy of Klaus, Shinichi and Misao. She is the niece of Robert and Judith Maxwell, the older sister of Margaret Gilbert, and the younger maternal half-sister of Katherine Von Schwarzschild.
Elena is of German descent or ancestry on her paternal side. Her actual surname Giselbert was anglicized to Gilbert after her distant ancestors had immigrated to the United States from Germany during the early 1800's. Both of her parents, Thomas and Elizabeth, had unexpectedly died in a tragic and fatal car accident when she was around thirteen or fourteen years old. After the tragic accident that claimed both of her parents, she and her younger sister Margaret were taken in and were raised by her Aunt Judith Gilbert, who is her father's older sister. Her father Thomas was a mortal human man and her mother Elizabeth was an "Old Soul" (who is an individual that is reborn multiple times in each lifetime and reincarnates through many lifetimes) and an Earth Guardian (an angel who is meant to protect and guard Earth from evil and dark forces). Throughout the series, Elena is often called the "Golden Girl". In the first book The Awakening, Elena is a high school Senior who is popular, beautiful, admired by all the girls and the object of affection of many boys in the town of Fells Church, Virginia. Elena is cool, blond and slender; the girl every boy wants and the girl every other girl wants to be. Always in control, no boy that she has ever seen, met or dated has ever stirred her innermost feelings, passions and desires. No boy had ever touched the deepest parts of her soul. Until she meets a young, handsome, foreign, mysterious Italian boy, Stefan. Something that is seemingly unusual about the new mysterious guy (Stefan) makes her strongly desire him with deep, profound, intense and indescribable passion; an overwhelming passion and desire that Elena has never experienced before in her lifetime. Immediately, indescribably and deeply drawn to Stefan with a frightening, consuming and scary intensity, Elena knows that she must be with Stefan under any circumstances, even if it kills them both.
Stefan comes to Fells Church to start a new life and to renounce his living in the shadows as a creature of the darkness. He enrols at her high school called Robert E. Lee High. In the beginning, Stefan completely ignores Elena's attempts to attract his attention because of the extremely intense, profound, and electrifying connection the both of them share with one another. Aside from the immediate, intense, and indescribable connection that she feels to Stefan, the combination of Stefan's outer qualities, such as his quick intelligence, his hard-to-get and challenging ways, his loner aura, his classic romance novel appearance, and his distant mysterious demeanor only makes Elena desire Stefan even more and makes Elena all the more determined to be with him. However, Elena is completely unaware that Stefan is a centuries old (five century year old to be exact) vampire who had renounced his living in the darkness and in the shadows. Stefan has spent centuries in the shadows consumed with overwhelming guilt, loneliness, grief, isolation, sadness and self-hatred. Stefan attempts to ignore Elena at first for one major reason out of many. Aside from the immediate, overwhelming, powerful and intense connection he has with Elena, she also ironically and coincidentally happens to be the near perfect double or doppelgänger of his long lost first love Katherine. Katherine was engaged to be married to Stefan during his human life. She was the beautiful young vampire whom both he and Damon had fought over many centuries ago. Stefan had rivalled Damon over Katherine's love and affections.
Katherine turned both Stefan and Damon into vampires over five hundred years ago. She then "committed suicide" and the Salvatore brothers ended killing one another after fighting to the death with their swords. They fought to the death with each other, because each brother blamed the other for her "death" (later on revealed to be her fake death). When Stefan finally admits that he is deeply, passionately and strongly in love with Elena, he initially keeps his vampire identity a secret from her to protect her from himself, his dangerous brother Damon, and to keep her safe from possible dangers. Due to this secrecy on Stefan's behalf about his dark, tortured and mysterious past, this causes some conflict, struggle, tension and distance in their strong mutual bond, along with many other outside forces and obstacles. At the end of The Awakening, Elena eventually discovers the deep, dark and shocking truth about Stefan's identity. Elena also learns about his dark, tortured past and the fact that Stefan is a centuries old vampire who was born during the fifteenth century. Elena discovers Stefan's identity as a vampire after Mr. Tanner, the high schools History teacher, was murdered brutally at the Halloween Dance. The school, as well as the rest of the town of Fells Church, began to start speculating that Stefan is the killer of the town; therefore, they start to blame and accuse Stefan for being the suspect of the unusual murders occurring in the town. However, Elena strongly believes this isn't true at all. She fiercely defends Stefan, believing that he is completely innocent. Elena begins to believe that the real killer of Mr. Tanner is not Stefan, but Stefan's older and dangerous brother Damon. Elena believes that Damon is suspect because he had been trying to seduce her on the sly, much to Elena's disconcertion. Elena deeply, strongly and passionately loves Stefan and has consistently rejected Damon's repeated advances.
Physically, Elena is extremely beautiful and physically appealing. She has a very sultry, compelling and magnetic beauty. Her physical beauty is the one attribute that attracts men to her like a moth to a flame. She is even coined by some as "the most beautiful girl in all of Fells Church". Elena's most noticeable facial attribute is her unusually coloured eyes. They are very piercing, alluring, and seductive in nature. Many have described Elena's eyes as being hypnotic, compelling and magnetic and that they have the ability to draw people in. What makes Elena's eyes so unique and compelling is the interesting colour of them. Her eye colour is the color of a lapis lazuli stone (which is a deep or dark blue) or the colour of a sapphire diamond. Another notable quality about her eyes is that they have visible golden flecks in them. There have also been some descriptions of her eyes being a violet blue colour. Elena has very long and thick lashes and femininely high-arched pale dark blonde eyebrows which frame her deep set blue eyes. Elena's hair colour is described to be a very pale or light blonde. It is a soft pale golden colour and the texture is silky and smooth. Elena's hair is described to be extremely long so much that it trails on the ground and pools on the floor, similar to Rapunzel. She also has very thick and naturally wavy hair, which she straightens using a straightening iron. Elena is described as being between 5'2" to 5'4" in height, and taller than Katherine by "a good handspan." (according to Stefan). Elena is taller than Bonnie, who is very petite in height, but shorter than Meredith, who is quite tall. Elena is described as having a gorgeous body. She is fairly slim and average height for a teenage girl. Elena's skin is described as being very pale and white, being like a magnolia flowers, snow, swans and alabaster (according to Stefan). Elena does not tan easily and can get sunburned. Elena's skin is so white and fair that blue veins are visible all over her body, including her face. Because of all the boys in Fell's Church wanting her, and all of the girls in Fell's Church wanting to be like her, Elena does exhibit a bit of vanity and narcisstic qualities and she does use her beauty and physical appearance to get anything she desires and wants. Elena strongly resembles her love interest Stefan's ex-girlfriend who was a vampire named Katherine, although there are a few differences in physical appearance, according to Stefan. Katherine's eyes are much bluer than Elena's (described to be a deep, jewel blue) and her hair is much, much longer than Elena's. Katherine's hair is said to be a few shades darker and her eyebrows and eyelashes are described to be silvery white in colouring, while Elena's eyebrows and lashes are a darker blonde in colouring. There are repeated references in the series stating that Elena looks like an angel, or is very "angelic" in appearance.
Elena is the most popular girl at Robert E. Lee High School. She is known as the most beautiful girl in Fells Church. Originally, she was a shallow, spoiled, vain, proud, selfish and narcissistic teenaged girl who was obssessed with boys, beauty, status, and popularity (which she had). Even so, Elena was also kind and caring and loving to those closest to her and her attitude towards others changed greatly after she met her soulmate Stefan Salvatore, who was a creature of darkness fearing his own undead status. Elena immediately wanted to nurture and care for Stefan for more than just his physically attractive appearance, but for his heart and his soul. This inspired an unending and undying love for him as well as for others. This profound love evolved when she died and returned, as Stefan continued to love her even in her status as a temporary child and when she was in the Dark Dimension, she developed a philanthropic attitude towards the world and her attitude becoming less about her looks; evidently when she was cut across the cheek and gained a scar which didn't pay a shard's attention to and more about love and spreading her kindness. Elena's persona towards the Eldritch World was originally a shock and her view on death was as any normal human girl would be. For an example, if she were to find a dead body in her living room, she would scream, cry and emotionally call the police and be scarred emotionally. But she has since seen much of the horrors of death and is "not the girl she used to be" as she now just feels remorse to the deaths caused by the supernatural against people she doesn't know is completely heartbroken after the death of her one true love (Stefan). Personality wise, Elena is described as a very beautiful, popular but ordinary seventeen year old teenage human girl. Even though Elena is very beautiful physically, she could still be seen as the girl next door. At the start of the series, Elena was in competition to be the 'Queen' of Robert E. Lee High School with former friend and newly turned rival, Caroline Forbes. Elena is the type of girl that every boy falls for and whom every girl desires to be like. She is cool, confident, sociable, approachable and popular. Elena is highly active socially and she is involved in many extra curricular school activities. She is a top student and generally gets good grades, although she seems to not thrive at doing trigonometry. Elena is on the Senior Welcoming Committee at her high school. She was also voted as Most Popular and was voted as the Homecoming Queen. Even though Elena may be beautiful and popular, she is far from perfect. She has many flaws and imperfections within her personality. At first, Elena initially comes off as very shallow, bossy, selfish, childish, competitive, self-absorbed, vain, proud, overly headstrong and extremely spoiled. However, she is still a good person at heart, is a generally kind, caring and protective individual, and is someone who loves and cares about her family and friends. She also originally came off as rather aloof and calm natured, but she had used this as a front to hide her true inner feelings. Although a popular girl and one that was actively socially, she never really let people get too close to her or get to know the real her, not the girl that is on the surface. Elena is outgoing, confident, brave, active, optimistic, determined, ambitious, loyal, protective and strong-willed. She is a very good leader and as a result, is good at leading most situations which require solid leadership. As the series progresses, she is willing to put her life at risk and do anything to help the people she loves and cares about. Elena has suffered and endured much loss, grief, pain and tragedy in her very young teenage life. Most of this is due to the loss of her parents, Thomas and Elizabeth, in a tragic and fatal car accident. Elena has openly admitted that she always used boys and treated the opposite sex as if they were prizes and trophies. She used them them as a way to boost her confidence and self-esteem. None of the boys that she has ever encountered, met, or dated (including Matt Honeycutt, her first love since childhood) has ever had an enormous, unusual, life changing or highly influential impact on her the way that Stefan Salvatore has. Elena has had many boyfriends in the past. Because of this, she is often perceived to be somewhat promiscuous. Although she had always treated boys' as prizes, she never saw, viewed or treated Matt (her childhood best friend and first love) that way. She genuinely loves and cares about him, but more like that of a best friend, companion, cousin or a brother. Matt and Elena have an easygoing relationship. He has influenced her in a positive way. Elena breaks up with Matt at the start of the school year; realizing that even though she does loves Matt, there is still something "missing". She still loves and cares about him like a best friend. Matt still looks out for her and he is also incredibly loyal and supportive of her as well. Elena has been best friends with Bonnie McCullough and Meredith Sulez since the first grade. She was also a best friends with Caroline Forbes since kindergarten, although the two had become intense rivals. Most of the rivalry between Elena and Caroline is due to the competition between them when it came to social status, boys and popularity. Elena has been nicknamed "The Ice Princess" by many, for she sometimes possesses the impression of appearing cold, distant and aloof towards others. This is noted by Tyler Smallwood. However, she immediately and dramatically becomes a much warmer, selfless, giving, kinder, open-minded, compassionate and spiritually awakened individual after she meets Stefan. Elena has the tendency to be a little bossy, controlling and even aggressive at times, especially when she wants something. She can also be somewhat of an intense and passionate personality. Elena is strongly magnetic and she attracts people to her like a moth to a flame. Pretty much all of the boys in Fells Church desire to be her boyfriend. She has the powerful ability of attracting people to her but she is also able to repel people at the same time, mostly because she came off as very aloof, icy and standoffish in the beginning, despite her beautiful physical appearance, Elena's sexuality and her magnetism can be noticed within a group of people or within a crowd and she is able to stimulate glances and attention with ease.
Elena never shows her vulnerability to other people and she always tries to exude strength and power. Elena shows that she often knows what and who she wants and that she shows sheer determination and persistence when she wants something. Elena has shown that she cares about status and popularity. She has a very passionate personality, even though she hides it with a stoic and icy facade. Elena seems to demand constant attention from others. She seems to get a high from it and it helps her with her self esteem and her sense of self worth. Because of this, Elena often uses her physical beauty and her magnetism to get what she wants. Elena is a completely confident woman and she has a highly magnetic personality. She is seen to be very feminine, all woman and she has a very seductive beauty. Elena is also very glamorous which only makes the boys wants to be with her and the girls want to be like her. Elena is sexy and also somewhat mysterious in nature. She is also rather exotic and a very complex personality. When Elena loves, she loves with an intense devotion and passion. When Elena loves someone, her love for someone will be something that is deep and everlasting, something that is forever. Elena is passionate about everything that she does in life. She is passionate about love, her relationships, her status, her goals. She is seen to be very ambitious, determined and very hardworking and this was evident during her years in high school. Elena was seen to be a bit of an over achiever, someone who always strived to be on top and to be the best at everything. Elena has shown that she possesses very good leadership qualities and she seems to desire a degree of power. Elena has also shown that she is rather intelligent and intuitive. She seems to possess the quality of seeing right through people, and being able to tell who is being real or fake. Elena is very beautiful in a very unique and magnetic way. She is very beautiful in a sensual and seductive way. She has a magnetic smile, hypnotizing and unusual eyes with a very unique colour and she has a highly seductive quality that draws men to her with ease. Although Elena is a very flirtatious personality and will use her appearance to get what she wants, Elena takes her love relationships very seriously. Elena is the type to commit 100% to somebody and she expects the same from a romantic partner. Elena has shown that she is strongly jealous and possessive over a love interest (especially in the name of Stefan). Elena is abundantly enchanting, profound and magnetic. She has an enthralling beauty about her. Her beauty is so magnetic that she is able to hypnotize anyone. Elena seems to have the ability of being able to read one's mind just by looking at someone. One can never hide their true feelings or their intentions around Elena, because she will always figure it out. Elena is seen to be a very strong minded, brilliant and head strong personality. Her magnetic personality and aura draws everyone to her with ease. Elena is also rather intuitive as well. She is extremely intelligent and she is also a protective and courageous person. When Elena sets her sights on something, she will go through all of the trouble to achieve it or get it.
Elena is a very honest and straight forward person and also highly opinionated. She will not hesitate to tell you the truth, even if it hurts. Although Elena is a highly flirtatious personality, she does understand the difference between flirting and love. Elena is also not easily deceived by others. Elena is known to be highly impressive in both her beauty and her actions. Despite everything that she has and how hard she works to achieve it, Elena is never satisfied and this was shown in the beginning when Elena had said that despite everything she had, she still felt empty, lonely and like she did not belong anywhere. Elena is somewhat of a mysterious person and she can also be perceived to be misunderstood by others. Many people feel that Elena comes off cold, arrogant and aloof but much of her icy facade was a cover up to hide her true feelings and personality out of fear of getting close to people. Elena does not like to be perceived as weak and always puts on a facade of strength so that she is not perceived as being emotionally vulnerable. In love and romance, Elena is a passionate and loyal person. Elena could even be considered to be obsessive in the way that she loves in romantic matters. She has powerful passions of a fiery volcano or a rampant hurricane. She can get any man that she wants because she is very attractive. Even though Elena did date members of the opposite sex somewhat frequently, Elena desired to be in a serious committed relationship. This means that although Elena will date guys, she will never fully open herself up to them unless she really likes them and feels a connection with them. Elena takes love and romance very seriously, especially when she really loves someone. It is not wise to cross, manipulate, betray or deceive Elena in any way, because she has a tendency to be extremely jealous. It greatly enrages Elena to see the object of her affection making eyes at another woman other than her. For example, Elena was extremely jealous and green with envy when Stefan had paid more attention to Caroline over her (however, the reason why Stefan did this was to avoid Elena at first), and Elena was not even in a relationship with Stefan yet. Elena is also extremely possessive over her romantic partners. This is displayed in her relationship with Stefan. To Elena, Stefan is hers and hers alone and she even openly says as much, even to Stefan himself. Elena is the type to seek passion in her romantic relationships. Hence, why she felt that her relationship with Matt was lacking in spark. Elena is rather dominant in a relationship to the point where it looks like she wears the pants in the relationship. When Elena is in love, she is the type to have highly boundless and powerful feelings of love and emotion but when she hate so dislikes someone, she can be very aggressive in her dislike. In regards to her friendships, Elena has shown that she is a very good and loyal friend who would do anything and everything to support her friends. Elena makes a good friend but if crossed, she can make a bad or formidable enemy. Loyalty is very important to Elena and she will never forgive or forget when someone crosses her or betrays her in any way.
Outside personalities wise, Elena is the polar opposite of Stefan in many ways. Elena is outgoing and sociable, Stefan is shy or quiet. Elena is popular, Stefan is more of a loner (though he eventually opens up and makes friends). Elena is more headstrong and aggressive, Stefan is more laid back and passive. Elena is vain and selfish, Stefan is humble and selfless. Elena is self-confident, Stefan is self-loathing. Although everyone seems to be convinced of Elena's intelligence, her academic performance actually seems somewhat uneven. Mr. Tanner says that Elena is failing history, and no one corrects him. Elena says she doesn't care if she fails trigonometry. She is enrolled in a General Business class even though she is a Senior. Elena frequently writes in her own personal journal. In it, she records all her inner thoughts, dreams, passions and desires. She mostly writes about her life, her family, her friends and mostly about Stefan. Bonnie comments in Elena's diary when she first died that Elena was far from perfect, that while she was never an angel, she died a good person. After Elena is dead (following Katherine's death), Bonnie describes her in her diary: "She was not a saint. She was not always sweet and honest and agreeable. But she was strong and loving and loyal to her friends, and in the end she did the most unselfish thing anybody could do." Before Elena starts her Senior school year, she states in her diary that she feels strange. She states that she felt something "big" is going to happen but she couldn't describe why she felt that way. She also admits that she felt like she had been missing something. Elena also admitted that deep down, she felt lost, confused and that she had no idea where she belonged. Until the start of the school year. Elena's life dramatically changes forever upon first meeting a mysterious, gorgeous new foreign student from Italy, Stefan Salvatore. Stefan is a centuries old (500+) vampire who renounced his living in the shadows and darkness; desiring to live in the daylight and be accepted amongst the humans. To start a new life and escape his mysterious and troubled past, he enrolls at Robert E. Lee High School as a new transfer student. It is there where Stefan inevitably and fatefully meets Elena Gilbert. When he first sees Elena, he is instantly, immediately, undeniably and intensely drawn to her. Stefan's first encounter with Elena was indescribable and intense.
Their first meeting was so deep, intense, indescribable and electrifying. Before meeting one another, Stefan and Elena were two dead, shattered and empty souls, who had both suffered similar, mirrored experiences in terms of loss, grief and pain. Stefan and Elena have experienced hardships and heartbreak when it comes to romance. For the longest time, Stefan had a hard time accepting love at all costs, feeling as though he was highly unworthy and unlovable because he felt he was a monster incapable of being loved or accepted by anyone. Stefan had always felt that he was a hunter, a beast that was meant to be condemned to living in the shadows without the concept of warmth, love, and acceptance. Elena, on the other hand, had a hard time finding love and trying to discover her true identity and destiny as a person. Elena constantly questioned "What was her true path"? She felt lost, unhappy and lonely despite the fact that on the surface, Elena had it all. Stefan was still dealing with the tragic loss of his first beloved, Katherine von Swartzschild. Elena dated many boys and had various boyfriends to cover up her unhappiness; to conceal her inner loneliness and emptiness. From the very first day when Elena met Stefan, she is immediately and undeniably drawn to him. She is willing to do anything to be with him at all costs. Due to Elena's determination, she even gets her friends Bonnie, Meredith and even Matt, to help her with her cause. Her connection to Stefan is so overwhelming and intense that she cannot describe it or understand it herself, She often stated in her personal journal that meeting Stefan has been a life changing event for her. Elena states in her diary that encountering Stefan was so incredibly profound and intense, that changes began occurring in her daily life patterns. These included her ability to eat, sleep and concentrate on anything else important, including her extra curricular school activities and even socializing. At first, Elena had described this connection with Stefan as overwhelming, intense, scary, frightening and terrifying. Upon arriving in Fells Church and meeting Elena physically, Stefan is immediately able to sense her presence and her mind. At first, it is so intense and overwhelming for him that he makes a consistent effort to ignore Elena and stay away from her at all costs. Stefan also initially ignores Elena because he has a huge fear of harming her in any way because of his intense desire and longing for her. Stefan also tries to stay away from her, because Elena coincidentally happens to be the spitting physical image of his long lost, past love, which caused him much significant pain and grief, Katherine. Despite the strong, mutual, and intense connection that both Stefan and Elena share with one another even from afar, Elena is taken back when Stefan repeatedly makes attempts to avoid her. She is deeply and indescribably hurt and tortured by this. Elena has said the pain caused by Stefan avoiding her repeatedly is so incredibly painful and bad that she cannot eat, sleep or concentrate on anything important. Stefan's challenging ways and his constant escaping from her only make Elena even more eager to be with him. It makes her more determined for her to stop Stefan from running away from her. With each passing day, Elena knows deep down that she must be with Stefan, but she cannot explain why. Curiosity completely takes over her and she does everything she can to find out all about Stefan and his background with the help of her friends Bonnie and Meredith. She even enlists the help of Matt. Her current rival Caroline, also takes a significant interest in Stefan as well, causing the rivalry between the two girls to heat up immensely. Elena's school reputation is important to her, so she makes up a fake boyfriend named Jean-Claude, to hide her deep feelings for Stefan and the fact that Stefan had ignored her.
Caroline becomes intensely envious of Elena when Stefan eventually begins to bond with Elena and also, when he begins to reciprocate Elena's affections. Elena is deeply, madly, intensely, passionately and unconditionally in love with Stefan. She states consistently how she feels incredible magnetic and electrifying intensity, love and passion between them but strangely at the same time, she also feels a sense of warmth, comfort, safety, stability and security when she is with him. Elena has described being with Stefan as "coming home" or like "being home where she belongs". Immediately after meeting Stefan, Elena becomes an irrevocably enlightened individual. She experiences an inner spiritual awakening, both before and after meeting Stefan. Overwhelming feelings in which she has never felt before in her lifetime. Elena has said in so many words in her diary that for the first time in her life, she feels incredibly alive and happy. In some ways, Stefan has a special influence on her that even Elena cannot seem to understand. Elena loves Stefan with a fiery passion and unconditional love. She is loyal and protective of him and she will do absolutely anything and everything for him, including sacrificing her own life, risking her own life and dying for him. Elena has stated that if Stefan dies, she will die with him without any hesitation. Although Elena had everything she wanted in life and appeared to be generally content with what she had on the outside (her beauty, her popularity, her status etc.), Elena was deeply, painfully lonely and incredibly sad. When she first met Stefan and began to develop a deeper relationship with him, her loneliness was immediately evaporated away. She became an alive, awakened soul and became a significantly happy, contented individual. Elena's connection with Stefan is so intense, profound and powerful, that she has said that she is able to know what Stefan is thinking (while she was still human, before she was a vampire and a spiritual being) and also, feel whatever Stefan is feeling. These senses between Stefan and Elena became significantly more intense when Elena becomes a vampire and even more intensely after Elena came back from the afterlife. Stefan and Elena often communicate telepathically with one another. Stefan and Elena are bound together by a silver cord (a.k.a the Red Sting of Fate, Silver Cord of Fate, Cord of Love, Cord of Fate, Cord of Destiny, the Twin Soul Concept or more commonly known, the Soulmate Principle), which is a non-breakable string or thread indicating destiny and fate between two eternal soulmates. The silver cord connects destined, true lovers from heart to heart. This implies that Stefan and Elena are destined lovers for all of eternity and in many, many, many, many lifetimes afterwards. The soulmate principle between Stefan and Elena also means that they will be together in death in the afterlife if they shall ever die. Stefan and Elena are unbreakable and are inseparable regardless of time, space and distance. Elena discovered that Stefan was her true counterpart and other half in Shadow Souls when Elena had an out of body experience after falling asleep and having a deep, intense lucid dream about Stefan. She then saw the silver cord connecting her soul to Stefan's soul, therefore, using their silver cord connection to be able to visit Stefan in spirit while he was dying, stuck in the prison in the Dark Dimension.
Despite the eternal bond and unconditional love that Stefan and Elena have for each other, they have always had a chaotic, tumultuous relationship at the same time. Stefan and Elena often fall on difficult times with each other because of all of the chaotic events, obstacles and problems that always surround the two of them. This prevents the two from staying together. These obstacles include personal inner struggles that both Stefan and Elena have endured as individuals, unusual events occurring in the town of Fell's Church and also many outside forces "deliberately" separating Stefan and Elena from one another beyond their control (i.e. Stefan being trapped in a prison in the Dark Dimension, Elena's destiny as a Guardian). But the largest obstacle that Stefan and Elena had to overcome was Damon, who is Stefan's malevolent elder brother who tries to steal Elena from Stefan out of both jealousy and revenge. Even though Elena possesses the bad traits of being selfish and headstrong, Stefan brings out the best in her, which includes her compassion, generosity, selflessness, kindness and understanding. Elena has written in her journal that Stefan makes her a significantly much better individual and that he makes her blissfully happy. Like Stefan, Elena can be very stubborn. Elena has a deep, strong and passionate romantic relationship with Stefan which is the core and heart of the entire series. Although, later on, she does realize that she is strongly attracted to Damon. Damon is the polar opposite of Stefan in all aspects of life. While Stefan is highly moral, noble, has a strong hold onto his humanity and has a very high regard for all human life, Damon wants to harm, hunt, torture and kill many humans for fun without any sense of guilt or remorse. Unlike Stefan, Damon views human beings as objects and as food to sustain vampires strength and gain vampires much power. Unlike Stefan, who hates being a vampire and who refuses to kill innocent people just for the sake of succumbing to selfishly drinking human blood for power, Damon strongly enjoys vampirism; he greatly revels in taking innocent human life for their blood for his own selfish purposes. In regards to Elena, Damon wants to possess Elena mind, body and soul. He will stop at nothing to possess her, control her, and take her away from Stefan at all costs in attempts to make Elena his Princess of Darkness. Damon desires to over Elena the gift of immortality, and be powerful with her in the shadows and darkness, away from the light and love alongside her friends, family and most of all, her beloved Stefan. Damon will go as far as to kill humans, including his very own brother Stefan (who Elena is deeply, strongly and passionately in love with), in order possess and have her by his side. Because of Damon's extreme obsession with Elena, he has threatened Stefan's life on many occasions. There have been times when Elena has almost given into Damon's influence but she has repeatedly remained stoically loyal to Stefan and her profound, unbreakable love for him. Damon has repeatedly tried to coerce and force Elena to join the dark side with him (the "winning side", as Damon calls it), live in the shadows of darkness alongside him for all eternity by turning her into an immortal, and to crown her his Princess of Darkness. However, Elena consistently displays her stoic loyalty and fierce devotion to Stefan by defying Damon's wishes. Elena has made it clear to Damon many times that she does not want to live in the darkness and that she desires to live in the light amongst her friends, family and with her beloved Stefan. This, of course, strongly angers Damon greatly and has caused Damon to become intensely jealous, envious and hateful of his younger brother. Elena dies twice throughout the series, changing from a regular, mortal human to a vampire (after she gets enough blood from both Salvatore brothers, where her killer, Katherine, thought she only got blood from one boy, the one boy being Stefan) to a spirit of the afterlife (after an unknown power brings her back). In Nightfall, Elena comes back as a perfectly normal human albeit with angelic superhuman abilities and powers intact, making her blood extremely irresistible to all vampires and also, to all supernatural creatures, entities, beings. Elena has a very strong sexual and romantic relationship (although rather up and down, tumultuous in the beginning and during the original trilogy) with Stefan, which is the basis and core of the entire series, although in the later books, she starts to develop deep feelings for Damon as well.
First Name (Elena) Edit
- ELENA is a feminine first name of Greek origin, which originally means "Torch" OR "Corposant". It is also possibly related to the name Selene, which is a feminine first name of Greek origin meaning "Moon". The meaning of Elena is "Bright One", "Light Bearer" or "Light". It is a variation of the name Helen.
- Other spellings and variations of the name Elena include Eleana, Eleen, Eleena, Elen, Elene, Elenitsa, Elana, Elenna, Elenoa, Elena, Elina, Ellena, Lena, Elaina, Elainea, Elainia, Elainna, Elaine, Eilane, Elain, Elaina, Elaini, Elan, Elana, Elane, Elania, Elanie, Elanit, Elauna, Elayna, Ellaine, Elanee, Elaney, Elani, Elania, Elanie, Elanna, Elanni, Helen, Aileen, Aili, Ailean, Aileena, Ailen, Ailene, Aili, Ailina, Ailinn, Aillen, Aili, Aila, Ailee, Ailey, Ailie, Ailey, Alena, Alenah, Alene, Alenea, Aleni, Alenia, Alenka, Alenna, Alennah, Alenya, Alyna, Eileen, Elaina, Elaine, Eleanor, Ellen, Galina, Ila, Ilene, Ileana, Ileena, Ileina, Ilina, Ilyna, Ileen, Ileene, Iline, Ilyne, Ilona, Ilka, Illona, Illonia, Illonya, Ilonka, Ilyona, Jelena, Jalaine, Jalane, Jalani, Jalanna, Jalayna, Jalayne, Jaleen, Jaleena, Jaleene, Jalena, Jalene, Jelaina, Jelaine, Jelana, Jelane, Jelani, Jelanni, Jelayna, Jelayne, Jelean, Jeleana, Jeleen, Jeleena, Jelene, Leanore, Leonor, Leonora, Leonorah, Lena, Lenah, Lenee, Leni, Lenka, Lenna, Lennah, Lenore, Lenni, Lenor, Lenora, Lenorah, Lina, Linah, Line, Leena, Lelya, Lenci, Lene, Lelya, Lenci, Lency, Liolya, Nellie, Nelly, Nel, Neli, Nell, Nella, Nelley, Nelli, Nellianne, Nellice, Nellis, Nelma, Nitsa, Olena, Oleena, Olenka, Olenna, Olenya, Olya, Onella, Yalena, Yelena, Yeleana, Yelen, Yelenna, Yelenne, Yelina, Ylena, Ylenia, Ylenna, Yelenah, Yeleena, Yelyna, Yelaina, Yelana, Yellayna, Yellena, Yilena, Yilina, Yileena, Yilyna, Yilaina, Yilana, Yileana, Yilenna, Yelane, Yelene, Yelenne, Yelain, Yeleane, Yeline, Ena, Halina, Hela, Hele, Helena, Helene, Helle, Hellen, Helli, Hellin, Hellon, Hellyn, Helon, Helena, Halena, Halina, Helaina, Helana, Helania, Helayna, Heleana, Heleena, Helenia, Helenka, Helenna, Helina, Hellanna, Hellena, Hellenna, Helona, Helonna, Ella, Lena, Lenore, Leonore, Leora, Nora, Noreen, Elanor, Elanore, Eleanora, Eleanore, Eleni, Elenor, Elenorah, Elenore, Eleonor, Eleonore, Elianore, Elinor, Elinore, Elladine, Ellenor, Ellie, Elliner, Ellinor, Ellinore, Elna, Elnore, Elynor, Elynore, Ellen, Elen, Elenee, Eleny, Elin, Elina, Elinda, Ellan, Ellena, Ellene, Ellie, Ellin, Ellon, Ellyn, Ellynn, Ellynne, Elyn, Galina, Gailya, Galayna, Galenka, Galia, Galiana, Galiena, Galinka, Galochka, Galya, Galyna, Ellen, Helena, Hellen (English), Helena, Helene (Greek Mythology), Ella, Elle, Ellie, Elly, Lena, Nell, Nelle, Nellie, Nelly (English), Shelena (African American), Helena, Helene (Ancient Greek), Elaine (Arthurian Romance), Elena (Bulgarian), Helena, Jelena, Jela, Jelka (Croatian), Helena, Alena, Lenka (Czech), Elin, Helena, Helene, Eli, Ella, Lena, Lene (Danish), Heleen, Helena, Heleentje (Dutch), Helena, Jelena, Leena (Estonian), Eliina, Elina, Helena, Ella, Heleena, Heli, Leena (Finnish), Hélène (French), Elene (Georgian), Elena, Helena, Helene, Alena, Lena, Lene, Leni (German), Elene, Eleni (Greek), Heléna (Hungarian), Léan (Irish), Elena, Ileana (Italian), Elīna, Helēna, Jelena, Jeļena (Latvian), Elena, Jelena (Lithuanian), Elena (Macedonian), Elin, Helena, Helene, Eli, Ella, Lena, Lene (Norwegian), Helena, Lena (Polish), Helena, Lena (Portuguese), Elena, Ileana, Ilinca, Lenuța (Romanian), Elena, Yelena, Alyona, Lena (Russian), Jelena, Jela, Jelka (Serbian), Elena, Helena, Alena, Jela, Lenka (Slovak), Helena, Jelena, Alena, Alenka, Jelka (Slovene), Elena, Ileana (Spanish), Elin, Elina, Helena, Helene, Ella, Lena (Swedish), Olena, Lesya (Ukrainian), Elen, Elin (Welsh), Elena, Helene (German), Heleen (Dutch), Elin, Elina, Helene (Swedish), Elin, Helene (Norwegian), Elin, Helene (Danish), Eliina, Elina, Heleena (Finnish), Jelena (Croatian), Ellen, Helen, Hellen (English), Helene (Ancient Greek), Helen, Helene (Greek Mythology), Alena, Lena, Lene, Leni (German), Heleentje (Dutch), Ella, Lena (Swedish), Eli, Ella, Lena, Lene (Norwegian), Eli, Ella, Lena, Lene (Danish), Lena (Portuguese), Lena (Polish), Alena, Lenka (Czech), Alena, Lenka (Slovak), Ella, Heli, Leena (Finnish), Leena (Estonian), Alena, Alenka (Slovene), Ella, Elle, Ellie, Elly, Lena, Nell (English), Elene, Eleni (Greek), Heléna (Hungarian), Léan (Irish), Elena, Ileana (Italian), Elīna, Helēna, Jelena, Jeļena (Latvian), Elena, Jelena (Lithuanian), Elena (Macedonian), Elena, Ileana, Ilinca, Lenuța (Romanian), Elena, Yelena, Alyona, Lena (Russian), Jelena, Jela, Jelica, Jelka (Serbian), Elena, Ileana (Spanish), Olena, Lesya (Ukrainian), Elen, Elin (Welsh), Heléna, Helēna, Helená, Eleonora (Bulgarian), Eleonora, Ellinor, Ella, Nora (Danish), Eleonora, Ellen, Noor, Noortje, Nora (Dutch), Eleonora, Eleonoora, Ella, Elli, Noora (Finnish), Eléonore (French), Eleonora, Eleonore, Leonore, Lore, Nora (German), Eleonóra, Nóra (Hungarian), Eleonora, Leonora, Lora, Lorita, Nora, Norina (Italian), Noor, Noortje (Limburgish), Eleonora, Ellinor, Ella, Nora (Norwegian), Aliénor (Occitan), Eleonora (Polish), Leonor (Portuguese), Eilionoir, Eilidh (Scottish), Leonor (Spanish), Eleonor, Eleonora, Ellinor, Ella, Nora (Swedish), Алена (Aliena) (Belarusian), এলেনা (Ēlēnā) (Bengali), Елена (Bulgarian), 埃琳娜 (Āilínnà) (Chinese Simplified), 埃琳娜 (Āilínnà) (Chinese Traditional), Έλενα ( Élena) (Greek), એલેના (Ēlēnā) (Gujarati), エレナ (Erena) (Japanese), 엘레나 (Ellena) (Korean), Елена (Kyrgyz), Елена (Macedonian), എലീന (Elīna) (Malayalam), एलेना (Ēlēnā) (Marathi), Елена (Yelyena) (Mongolian), Елена (Yelena) (Russian), Елена (Tajik), எலெனா ( Eleṉā) (Tamil), ఎలెనా (Elenā) (Telugu), เอเลน่า (Xeleǹā) (Thai), Олена (Olena) (Ukrainian), الینا (Urdu), עלענאַ (Yiddish), Yelain, Yelaina, Yelainah, Yelaine, Yelana, Yelanah, Yelane, Yeleana, Yeleanah, Yeleane, Yeleena, Yeleenah, Yeleene, Yelen, Yelenah, Yelenna, Yelenne, Yelina, Yelinah, Yeline, Yellaina, Yellaine, Yellayna, Yellaynah, Yellena, Yellenah, Yellene, Yelyna, Yelynah, Yelyne, Yileana, Yileanah, Yileane,, Yileena, Yileenah, Yileene, Yilina, Yilinah, Yiline, Yilyna, Yilynah, Yilyne, Ylena, Ylenia, Ylenna, Aileen, Ailean, Aileena, Ailen, Ailene, Aili, Ailina, Ailinn, Aillen, Aila, Ailee, Ailey, Ailie, Aily, Alena, Alenah, Alene, Alenea, Aleni, Alenia, Alenka, Alenna, Alennah, Alenya, Alyna, Eileen, Eilean, Eileena, Eileene, Eilena, Eilene, Eiley, Eilie, Eilieh, Eilina, Eiline, Eilleen, Eillen, Eilyn, Eleen, Elene, Elaina, Elainea, Elainia, Elainna, Elaine, Eilane, Elain, Elaina, Elaini, Elan, Elana, Elane, Elania, Elanie, Elanit, Elauna, Elayna, Ellaine, Eleanor, Elana, Elanor, Elanore, Eleanora, Eleanore, Elena, Eleni, Elenor, Elenorah, Elenore, Eleonor, Eleonore, Elianore, Elianore, Elinor, Elinore, Elladine, Ellenor, Ellie, Elliner, Ellinor, Ellinore, Elna, Elnore, Elynor, Elynore, Ellen, Elen, Elenee, Eleny, Elin, Elina, Elinda, Ellan, Ellena, Ellene, Ellie, Ellin, Ellon, Ellyn, Ellynn, Ellynne, Elyn, Galina, Gailya, Galayna, Galenka, Galia, Galiana, Galiena, Galinka, Galochka, Galya, Galyna, Ila, Ilene, Ileen, Ileene, Iline, Ilyne, Ilona, Ilyona, Jelena, Jalaine, Jalane, Jalani, Jalanna, Jalayna, Jalayne, Jaleen, Jaleena, Jaleene, Jalena, Jalene, Jelaina, Jelaine, Jelana, Jelane, Jelani, Jelanni, Jelayna, Jelayne, Jelean, Jeleana, Jeleen, Jeleena, Jelene, Lenore, Lenni, Lenor, Lenora, Lenorah, Leanore, Leanora, Lanore, Leena, Lelya, Lenci, Lency, Lene, Leni, Line, Liolya, Nellie, Nelly, Nel, Neli, Nell, Nella, Nelley, Nelli, Nellianne, Nellice, Nellis, Nelma, Nitsa, Olena, Oleena, Olenka, Olenna, Olenya, Olya, Onella, Yalena, Elana, Ena, Halina, Hela, Hele, Helena, Helene, Helle, Hellen, Helli, Hellin, Hellon, Hellyn, Helon, Helena, Halena, Halina, Helaina, Helana, Helania, Helayna, Heleana, Heleena, Helenia, Helenka, Helenna, Helina, Hellanna, Hellena, Hellenna, Helona, Helonna, Helena, Helaine, Helanie, Helayne, Heleen, Heleine, Hèléne, Helenor, Heline, Hellenor.
Second Name (Catherine) Edit
- CATHERINE is a feminine given first name of presumably Greek origin. The meaning of Catherine is "One Who Is Pure", "Pure", or "Virginal".
- Other spellings and variations of the name Catharine, Cathryn, Katharyn, Katheryn, Kathryn, Catherin, Catherina, Katharine, Katharina, Katherina, Katheryne, Aikaterine (Ancient Greek), Katalin, Kattalin (Basque), Katsiaryna (Belarusian), Katarin, Katell (Breton), Ekaterina, Katerina (Bulgarian), Caterina (Catalan), Katarina, Ina, Kata, Kate, Katica, Tina (Croatian), Kateřina, Katka (Czech), Cathrine, Katarina, Kathrine, Katrine, Caja, Carina, Ina, Kaja, Karen, Karin, Karina, Katharina, Katja, Trine (Danish), Catharina, Katelijn, Katelijne, Katrien, Katrijn, Katrina, Cato, Ina, Karin, Katinka, Katja, Rina, Rini, Riny, Tina, Tineke, Trijntje (Dutch), Kadri, Katariina, Katrin, Kaia, Kaisa, Kaja, Kati, Riina, Triinu (Estonian), Katariina, Katriina, Iina, Kaarina, Kaija, Kaisa, Karin, Kata, Kati, Katri, Riina (Finnish), Catherine, Carine, Karine (French), Nienke, Nine, Nynke (Frisian), Catarina (Galician), Ekaterine, Eka (Georgian), Katarina, Katharina, Katherina, Katrin, Katrina, Carina, Cathrin, Catrin, Ina, Karen, Karin, Karina, Katarine, Katharine, Käthe, Kathrin, Katinka, Katja (German), Aikaterine, Katerina, Katina (Greek), Kakalina, Kalena (Hawaiian), Kateri (History), Katalin, Katarina, Kata, Katalinka, Kati, Katica, Kató, Kitti (Hungarian), Caitlín, Caitlin, Caitríona, Cathleen, Catriona, Kathleen, Cáit, Caitria, Catrina, Ríona (Irish), Catarina, Caterina, Rina (Italian), Katerina (Late Roman), Ina (Limburgish), Kotryna, Katrė (Lithuanian), Ekaterina, Katerina, Katina (Macedonian), Cateline (Medieval French), Cathrine, Katarina, Kathrine, Katrine, Carina, Ina, Kaia, Kaja, Karen, Kari, Karin, Karina, Karine, Katharina, Katja (Norwegian), Catarina (Occitan), Katarzyna, Karina, Kasia (Polish), Catarina, Cátia (Portuguese), Cătălina, Catina, Ecaterina (Romanian), Ekaterina, Jekaterina, Yekaterina, Karina, Katenka, Katerina, Katia, Katya (Russian), Caitrìona, Catriona, Catrina (Scottish), Katarina (Serbian), Katarína, Katka (Slovak), Katarina, Kaja, Katica, Katja (Slovene), Catalina (Spanish), Cathrine, Catrine, Katarina, Katrin, Katrina, Cajsa, Carin, Carina, Catharina, Ina, Kai, Kaj, Kaja, Kajsa, Karin, Karina, Katharina, Katja (Swedish), Kateryna (Ukrainian), Catrin, Cadi (Welsh), Kate, Kath, Cath, Cate, Cat, Kathy, Kathie, Kathi, Katey, Katy, Kay, Kat, Katya, Katyusha, Katie, Kati, Kaki, Kit, Kitty, Kaity, Kasia, Cathy, Kaká, Kah, Kata, Katheryn, Kathryn, Katharyn, Katherin, Catharine, Cathryn, Katheryne, Catherine, Katharine, Katharina, Katrin, Kare, Karina, Kathrin, Αικατερίνη (Ekaterini, Aikateríni̱) (Greek), Akaterina (Turkish), Cadi (Welsh), Cáit (Irish), Caitlín (Irish), Caitlin (English), Caitlyn (English), Caitria (Irish Gaelic), Caitrín (Irish Gaelic), Caitrina (Irish Gaelic), Caitríona (Irish Gaelic), Caja (Danish), Cajsa (Swedish), Caren (English), Carin (English), Carina (Portuguese), Carine (French; spelled Karien in Afrikaans), Caryn (English), Cat (English), Cát Linh (Vietnamese), Cătălina (Romanian), Catalina (Italian, Spanish), Catant (French), Catarina (Galician, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Neapolitan), Cate (English), Cateline (Old French), Cateliña (Galician), Caterina (Catalan, Italian), Caterine (Old French), Cathanne (English, French), Cathareau (French), Catharina (Dutch, Swedish), Catharine (English), Catherin (English), Catherina (Spanish), Catherine (English, French), Catherne (17th Century English), Cathey (Nordic), Cathie (English), Cathleen (English, Hiberno-English), Cathrin (German), Cathrine (Scandinavian), Cathryn (English), Cathy (English), Cati (Italian), Catia (Italian), Cátia (Portuguese), Catie (English), Catina (Romanian), Catinca (Romanian), Catja (Danish), Catlin (Middle English), Cato (Dutch), Catraoine (Irish), Catreena (Manx), Catreeney (Manx), Catrin (German, Welsh), Catrine (Swedish), Catrinel (Romanian), Catrìona (Scottish Gaelic), Catterina (Italian), Catuxa (Galician), Caty (Italian), Ecaterina (Romanian), ეკა Eka (Georgian), Екатерина Ekaterina (Bulgarian, Macedonian), Екатерина Ekaterina, Jekaterina, Yekaterina(Russian), Ekaterina (Latvian), ეკატერინე Ekaterine (Georgian), Գադարա Gadara (Armenian), Կատարինէ Gadarine (Armenian), Gáhteriinná (Sami), Gáre (Sami), Gáren (Sami), Jekaterina (Lithuanian), Kaarat (Greenlandic), Kaarin (Estonian), Kaarina (Finnish), Kaatje (Dutch), Kaća (Serbian), Կատարա Kadara (Armenian), Կատարինէ Kadarine (Armenian), Kadi (Estonian), Kadri (Estonian), Kaety (English), Káhtariinná (Sami), Kai (Estonian, Swedish), Kaia (Estonian, Norwegian), Kaie (Estonian), Kaija (Finnish), Kaila (English), Kaili (Estonian), Kailie (English, French), Kailani (Hawaiian), Καιλαύρα / كلارا / Kelavra (Greek, Hawaiian, Arabic, German), Kailua (Hawaiian), Καινά / كائنا / Kena (English, Greek, Arabic), Καίρα / كيرا / Kera (Greek, Arabic), Καίρη / كيري/カイリ / Keri (Greek, Arabic, Japanese, Hawaiian), Καίρια (Keria) (Greek, Arabic), Kaisa (Estonian, Finnish), Kaisu (Finnish), Kait (English), Kaitlin (English), Kaitlyn (English), Kaitrin (German, Swedish), Kaitrina (Dutch, English, German, Swedish), Kaity (English), Kaj (Swedish, male), Kaja (Scandinavian, Estonian, Polish), Kajsa (Swedish), Kakalina (Hawaiian), Kalena (Hawaiian), Kalina (Hawaiian), Kalitarina (Albanian), Kalitrina (Albanian), Kaltarina (Albanian), Kaltrina (Albanian), Κάρα (Kara) (Greek, Japanese), Káre (Sami), Káren (Sami), Karen (Danish, English, German, Norwegian, Dutch), Karena (English), Kari (Norwegian), Karia (Norwegian), Kariinná (Sami), Karin (Afrikaans, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, German, Swedish), Karina (Afrikaans, German, Polish, Russian), Կարինե / Karine (Armenian, French), Karyn (English), Karyna (English), 笠利 Kasari (Japanese), Kasia (Polish), Kat (English), Kata (Croatian, Finnish, Hungarian), Katalin (Basque, Hungarian), Katalina (Basque, Esperanto, Hungarian), Katariina (Estonian, Finnish), Katarin (Basque, Breton), Katarína (Slovak), Katarina (Croatian, Esperanto, German, Hungarian, Lithuanian, Serbian, Slovene, Swedish), Katarine (German), Katarino (Esperanto), Katarzyna (Polish), Kate (Croatian, English), Katee (English), Katen (Dutch), Katelijn (Dutch), Katelijne (Dutch), Καίτη (Keti) (Greek), Καίτυ (Kety) (Greek), Katia (Italian), Κάτια (Katia) (Greek), Katya (Russian), (Bulgarian), (Ukrainian),, Katelin (English), Kateline (Middle English), Katell (Breton), Katelyn (English), Katelynn (English), Katelynne (English), Katenka (Russian), Katerien (Afrikaans/Dutch), Kateřina (Czech), Κατερίνα/Katerina (Albanian, Bulgarian, Greek, Latin, Macedonian, Russian, Ukrainian), Katerine (Middle English), Katerino (Esperanto), Kateřinka (Czech), Kateryna (Ukrainian), Katerynka (Ukrainian), Καθαλαύρα/Kathalavra (Greek, German), Καθάνδρα (Kathandra) (Greek), Καθανδρέα (Kathandrea) (Greek), Kathani (Hindi, Arabic), Kathanne (English, German), Kathareau (French), Katharina (German, Latin), Katharine (English, German), Καθαρσία (Katharsia/Greek), Käthe (German), Kathelijne (Dutch), Katherina (English, German), Katherne (17th Century English), Katheryn (English), Katheryne (English), Kathey (Gaelic), Kathi (English), Kathie (English), Kathianna (English), Kathianne (English), Kathlaura (English, German), Kathlauren (English, German), Kathlaurie (English, French, German), Kathleen (English, Hiberno-English), Kathlyn (English), Kathreena (Malayalam), Kathrin (German), Kathri (Malayalam), Kathryn (English), Kathy (English), Kati (Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian), Катя Katya, Katia, Katja (Russian, Ukrainian), Katica (Croatian, Czech, Serbian, Slovene, Hungarian), Katie (English), Katika (Danish), Κατίνα (Katina/Greek), Κatina, Katinja (Esperanto), Katinka (Afrikaans, German, Hungarian, Russian), Katja (Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, German, Russian, Slovene, Ukrainian), Katka (Czech, Russian), Katlyn (English), Kätlin (Estonian), კატო Kato (Georgian), Kató (Hungarian), Katóka (Hungarian), Katre (Estonian), Katri (Finnish), Katrien (Afrikaans, Dutch, Flemish Dutch), Katriin (Estonian), Katriina (Finnish), Katrīna (Latvian), Katarina (Bosnian, Croatian, Macedonian, Serbian, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish), Katrijn (Dutch, spelled 'Katryn' in Afrikaans and German, see below), Katrin (Estonian, German, Swedish), Katrina (Dutch, English, Esperanto, German, Swedish), Katrīna (Latvian), Katrine (Dutch, Gaelic, Scandinavian), Katushka (Russian), Katrusia (Ukrainian), Katuška (Czech), Katriona (English), Katryn (Afrikaans, German), Katy (English), Kay (English), Kaye (English), Kerry (Hiberno-English), ქეთა Keta (Georgian), ქეთევან Ketevan (Georgian), ქეთი Keti (Georgian), ქეთო Keto (Georgian), Ketlen, Ketlin (Estonian), Ketrina (Albanian), Kitty (English), Koto (Hungarian), Kotryna (Lithuanian), Kasia (Polish), Kaśka (Polish), Kasieńka (Polish), Kyla (English), Kylie (English, French), Nienke (Dutch), Nynke (Frisian), Reina (Japanese, Yiddish), Riin (Estonian), Riina (Estonian, Finnish), Rina (Croatian), Triin (Estonian), Triinu (Estonian), Trijn (Dutch), Trijntje (Dutch), Trina (German), Trinchen (German), Trine (Danish, German), Trīne (Latvian), Trinette (French), Tríona (Irish Gaelic), Catharine, Cathrine, Cathryn, Catherin, Catheryn, Catheryna, Cathi, Cathia, Cathicen, Cathie, Cathlyn, Cathleen, Cathlin, Cathy, Catia, Catlee, Catlin, Catline Catlyn, Cait, Caitie, Caitlin, Caitlan, Caitir, Cattee,at, Caitilin, Caitlyn, Caitlan, Caitland, Caitlinn, Caitlynn, Caitlynn, Caitrin, Caitriona, Caitryn, Catalin, Catalina, Catalyn, Catalyna, Catarina, Catarine, Cate, Cateline, Catelyn, Catelyna, Caterina, Cath, Catharina, Catrin, Catrina, Catriona, Catylyn, Katharine, Katharyn, Kathy, Kathleen, Katheryn, Kathie, Kathrine, Kathryn, Kathryne, Kaythrynn, Kady, Kadie, Kaethe, Kaira, Kaisa, Kaska, Kat, Katherina, Kata, Katakin, Katanyna, Katarina, Katarin, Katarzyna, Katchen, Kate, Katen, Katerina, Kath, Kathe, Kathelyn, Kathleena, Kathlene, Kathlynn, Kathrina, Kati, Katia, Katica, Katie, Katine, Katinka, Katiya, Katja, Katle, Katina, Katoka, Katri, Katria, Katriane, Katriana, Katrien, Katrikki, Katrin, Katrina, Katrine, Katyra, Katy, Katya, Katyenka, Katyuska, Kayiyn, Kaysa, Kolina, Koline, Kolena, Kolene, Koleyna, Kethryn, Kiska, Kitlyn, Katenka, Katereana, Katereanah, Katereena, Katereenah, Katerinah, Katerini, Katerinia, Kateriniah, Katerinka, Kateriny, Katalina, Kataleen, Kataleena, Katalena, Katalin, Katalinah, Kataline, Katalyn, Katalynn, Katarina, Kata, Katarain, Kataraina, Katarainah, Kataraine, Katareena, Katarena, Katarin, Katarinah, Katarine, Katarinna, Katarinne, Katarrina, Kataryn, Kataryna, Katarynah, Kataryne, Katinka, Katrika, Katrinka, Kait, Katica, Katka, Kayt, Kate-Lynn, Kate Lyn, Kate Lynn, Kate Lynne, Kate-Lyn, Kate-Lynne, Katee, Katey, Katelind, Katelee, Katelea, Kateleah, Katelei, Kateleigh, Kateley, Kateli, Katelia, Kateliah, Kately, Katelin, Katalin, Katelan, Kateleen, Katelen, Katelene, Kateline, Katelinn, Katelun, Katelyna, Katelynah, Katewin, Katewina, Katewinah, Katewine, Katewyn, Katewyna, Katewynah, Katewyne, Katelyn, Katelyne, Katelynn, Katelynne, Katerine, Kateren, Katharinah, Katharyna, Katharynah, Katharaine, Katharin, Katharyne, Katharyn, Katheryn, Katheryne, Katherinah, Katheryna, Katherynah, Ekaterina, Ekatrinna, Kasen, Katchen, Kathann, Kathanne, Kathereen, Katheren, Katherene, Katherenne, Kathyrine, Katlaina, Katoka, Katreeka, Katreen, Kathi, Kathy, Kaethe, Katha, Kathe, Kathlee, Kathey, Kathie, Katka, Katla, Kato, Kathia, Kathya, Kathiah, Kathye, Kathleen, Katheleen, Kathelene, Kathileen, Kathlean, Kathleena, Kathleenah, Kathleene, Kathlein, Kathleina, Kathleinah, Kathleine, Kathlene, Kathlina, Kathlinah, Kathline, Katleen, Kathlyn, Kathlin, Kathlyna, Kathlynah, Kathlyne, Kathlynn, Kathrin, Kathrine, Kathran, Kathreen, Kathren, Kathrene, Kathron, Kathrun, Kathryn, Kathrina, Kathreena, Kathrinah, Kathryna, Kathrynah, Kathryn, Kathryne, Kathrynn, Kathren, Kathrynne, Katia, Katya, Cattiah, Kãtia, Katiah, Katinka, Katiya, Kattia, Kattiah, Katyah, Katie, Kaaitea, Kaitee, Kaitey, Kaitie, Katie-Lynn, Katie Lyn, Katie Lynn, Katie Lynne, Katie-Lyn, Katie-Lynne, Katy Lyn, Katy Lynn, Katy Lynne, Katy-Lyn, Katy-Lynn, Katy-Lynne, Katilyn, Katilin, Katilynn, Katina, Kateana, Kateanah, Kateena, Kateenah, Kateina, Kateinah, Kateyna, Kateynah, Katinah, Katine, Katyn, Katyna, Katynah, Katyne, Katixa, Katja, Kaatje, Katye, Katlin, Katlyne, Katlynn, Katlina, Katline, Katlyna, Katlynd, Katlynne, Katlyn, Kaatlain, Katland, Katreen, Katreene, Katren, Katrene, Katrain, Katriane, Katriann, Katrianne, Katrien, Katrinne, Katryn, Katryne, Katrena, Katrice, Katricia, Kaetreana, Kaetreanah, Kaetreena, Kaetreenah, Kaetreina, Kaetreinah, Kaetreyna, Kaetreynah, Kaetrina, Kaetrinah, Kaetryna, Kaetrynah, Kaitreana, Kaitreanah, Kaitreena, Kaitreenah, Katriena, Kaitreinah, Kaitreyna, Kaitreynah,Kaitrina, Kaitrinah, Kaitryna, Kaitrynah, Katreana, Katreanah, Katreena, Katreenah, Katreina, Katreinah, Katreyna, Katreynah, Katri, Katriana, Katrianah, Katrianna, Katriannah, Katrien, Katriena, Katrienah, Katrinah, Katrinia, Katrinna, Katrinnah, Katriona, Kattrina, Kattryna, Katus, Kaytreana, Kaytreanah, Kaytreena, Kaytreenah, Kaytreina, Kaytreinah, Kaytreyna, Kaytreynah, Kaytrina, Kaytrinah, Kaytryna, Katrynah, Ekaterine, Ekaterini.
Third Name (Jane) Edit
- JANE is a feminine given first name of originally Greek origin. It is the feminine version of John. The meaning of Jane is "God/Yahweh Is Gracious" or "God Is Merciful".
- Other spellings and variations of Jane include Lashawn (African American), Jone (Basque), Joanna (Biblical), Ioanna (Biblical Greek), Iohanna (Biblical Latin), Ioana, Ivana, Yana, Yoana (Bulgarian), Joana, Jana (Catalan), Ivana (Croatian), Ivana, Jana, Johana, Janička (Czech), Johanna, Johanne, Jeanette (Danish), Jana, Janna, Johanna, Janneke, Jantine, Jantje, Jeanette, Jeannette (Dutch), Johanna (Estonian), Janina, Johanna (Finnish), Jeanne, Johanne, Jeanette, Jeanine, Jeannette, Jeannine (French), Xoana (Galician), Jana, Janina, Johanna (German), Gianna, Ioanna, Yanna (Greek), Johanna, Zsanett (Hungarian), Jóhanna, Jóna (Icelandic), Chevonne, Shavonne, Shevaun, Shevon, Síne, Siobhán, Sinéad (Irish), Giovanna (Italian), Johanna (Late Roman), Janina (Lithuanian), Ivana, Jovana (Macedonian), Jehanne, Johanne (Medieval French), Johanna, Johanne, Jeanette (Norwegian), Janina, Joanna (Polish), Joana (Portuguese), Ioana (Romanian), Yana, Zhanna, Zhannochka (Russian), Jean, Seona, Seonag, Sheena, Sheona, Shona, Sìne, Jessie, Sìneag, Teasag (Scottish), Ivana, Jovana (Serbian), Jana, Janka (Slovak), Ivana, Jana (Slovene), Juana (Spanish), Janina, Janna, Johanna, Jannicke, Jannike, Jeanette (Swedish), Siân, Siwan, Siana, Siani, Sioned (Welsh), Jan, Janae, Janel, Janelle, Janet, Janette, Janey, Janie, Janna, Jannette, Jaynie, Jeanie, Jeni, Jenna, Jenni, Jennie, Jenny, Janeka, Janele, Janella, Janetta, Janessa, Janice, Janis, Jayne, Jean, Jeana, Jeane, Jeanna, Jeanne, Shavonne, Jayna, Shevaun, Shevon, Asia (Polish, Italian), Gianna (Italian), Gianetta (Italian), Giannetta (Italian), Giannina (Italian), Giovanna (Italian), Hana (Czech), Hanna (Hungarian), Hanne (German), Hannele (Finnish), Hannie (Dutch), Hansine (German), Hansje, Hanna, Hannie (Dutch), Ioana (Romanian), Ioanna (Greek, Russian), Ionna (Greek), Ionela (Romanian), Iva (Slavic, Portuguese), Ivana (Czech, Croatian), Ivanna (Russian, Slavic), Ivanka (Czech), Ivanka (Czech, Slavic), Jaana (Finnish), Jaapje (Dutch), Jana (Czech, Latvian, Polish), Janae (Modern American, English), Janeczka (Polish), Jane (Estonian), Janelle (American), Janes (Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish), Janet (English, Scots), Janete (Portuguese), Janice (English, Portuguese), Janica (Czech), Janina (Polish), Janine (English, Portuguese), Janka (Czech, Hungarian), Janna (Dutch, English, Swedish), Janne (Norwegian), Janneke (Dutch), Janneth (Scots), Jannetje (Dutch), Jannie (Dutch), Jannike (Scandinavian), Janotje (Dutch), Jans (Hebrew), Jansje (Dutch), Jante (Dutch), Jantina (Dutch), Jantine (Dutch), Jantje (Dutch), Januszy (Slavic), Jasia (Polish), Jayna (English), Jayne (English), Jean (English, Scots), Jeanette (French), Jeanna (English), Jeanne (French), Jeannie (English, Scots), Jehanne (French), Jenica (Romanian), Jenka (Czech), Jenne (Dutch), Jennet (Scots), Jenni (English), Jennie (English), Jenny (English), Jensine (Danish, Norwegian), Jerneese (Puerto Rican), Jinn (Manx), Jinty (Scots), Joan (English, Manx), Joana (Catalan, Portuguese), Joanka (Polish), Joanna (English, Polish), Joanne (English), Joannia (Manx), Joasia (Polish), Johana (Dutch), Johanka (Czech), Johanna (Czech, Danish, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Swedish, Hungarian), Jóhanna (Icelandic), Johanne (Danish, Norwegian), Johanneke (Dutch), Johna (English), Johnet (Manx), Johnna (English), Johnnie (English), Joan (English), Joina (Danish), Jóna (Icelandic), Jone (Basque), Jonee (Manx), Joney (Manx), Jonie (English), Jovana (Serbian: Јована), Jovanka (Serbian: Јованка), Juana (Spanish), Juanita (Spanish), Jutta (German), Kini (Hawaiian), Nana (Greek: Νανα), Oana (Romanian), Ohanna (Armenian), Seanna (English), Seini (Tongan), Seona (Scots), Seonag (Scottish Gaelic), Seónaid (Scottish Gaelic), Shana (English), Shauna (English), Shavonne (English), Shawn (Irish), Shawna (English), Sheena (Scots), Shena (Irish), Shona (Scots), Siân (Welsh), Siâni (Welsh), Sina (Irish Gaelic), Sinéidin (Irish), Síne (Irish Gaelic), Sinéad (Irish Gaelic), Síneag (Scottish), Siobhán (Irish Gaelic), Sion (Welsh), Sioned (Welsh), Siubhan (Scottish Gaelic), Vanda (Portuguese), Vanja (Scandinavian, Slovenian), Vanna (Italian), Xoana (Galician), Yana (Russian),(Slavic), Yanick (Breton, French), Yanna (Greek), Yannic (Breton, French), Yannick (Breton, French), Yochanna (Hebrew), Zaneta (Russian), Zanna (Latvian), Zhanna (Russian), Zhannochka (Russian: Жанночка), Zsanett (Hungarian), ጄን (Jēni) (Amharic), جين (Jin) (Arabic), Джэйн (Džejn) (Belarusian), জেন (Jēna) (Bengali), Džejn (Bosnian), 简 (Jiǎn) (Chinese Simplified), 簡 (Jiǎn) (Chinese Traditional), જેન (Jēna) (Gujarati), ג'יין (Hebrew), जेन (Jen) (Hindi), ジェーン (Jēn) (Japanese), Джейн (Djeyn) (Kazakh), 여자 (Yeoja) (Korean), Јане (Jane) (Macedonian), ജെയ്ൻ (Jeyn) (Malayalam), Жэйн (Jein) (Mongolian), Джейн (Dzheyn) (Russian), Џејн (Džejn) (Serbian), Ҷейн (Çejn) (Tajik), เจน (Cen) (Thai), Джейн (Dzheyn) (Ukrainian), Amharic - ዮሐና (Yohäna), Albanian- (Xhoana), Arabic - يُوَنّا (Yuwannā), Armenian - Յովհաննա (Hovhanna), Օհաննա (Ōhanna), Ճիւաննա (Jouanna), Basque - Jone, Joana, Joane, Breton - Janed, Bulgarian - Йоана (Joana/Yoana), Ivana, Yana; diminutive: Яниџa (Yanizza, Yanitza, Yanitsa), Catalan - Joana, Chinese - Modern 喬安娜 (Qiáoānnà) (literally 'tall, peaceful, graceful'), Biblical 約亞拿 (Yāoyàná), Croatian - Ivana, Jana, Janja, Czech - Jana, Johana, Danish - Johanne, Dutch - Joanna, diminutive Joke, Estonian - Joanna, Johanna, Finnish - Johanna, Joanna, French - Jeanne, diminutive Jeannette, Janine, Old French - Jehane, Galician - Xoana, Georgian - იოანნა Ioanna, German - Johanna, diminutive Hanne, Greek - Ἰωάννα (Ioanna), Modern Greek - Γιάννα (Giánna), diminutive Γιαννούλα (Yannoula), Hebrew - יוחנה (Yoḥannah), יוהנה (Yohannah), Hungarian - Johanna, Jana, diminutive Hanna, Janka, Icelandic - Jóhanna, Irish - Siobhán (after French Jeanne), diminutive Sinéad (after French Jeannette), Italian - Giovanna, diminutive Gianna, Giannina, Vanna, Nina, Zana, Ivana, Latin - Joanna, Johanna, Lithuanian - Joana, Macedonian - Ivana, diminutive Ива (Iva); Јована (Jovana), diminutives Јованка (Jovanka), Јовка (Jovka), Yana, Malayalam - യോഹന്ന Yōhannā, Polish - Joanna, diminutive Joasia, Asia, Asieńka, Aśka, Asiunia, Portuguese - Joana, Romanian - Ioana, Russian - Яна (Yana), Жанна (Zhanna), Иoaннa (Ioanna, Greek form); diminutives Янина (Yanina), Яника (Yanika), Serbian - Јована (Jovana), diminutive Јованка (Jovanka), Slovak - Jana, Slovenian - Jana, Spanish - Juana, diminutive Juanita, Nita, Swedish - Johanna, diminutive Hanna, Syriac - ܝܘܚܢ (Yoanna), Tamil - யோவன்னா (Yōvannā), Ukrainian - Іванна (Ivanna), Іоанна (Ioanna), Vèneto Joana (pronounced /jo'ana/ and /dʒo'ana/), Welsh - Siân, Johanna, Jana, Hanna (Afrikaans), Gjovana, Gjonika, Joana (Albanian), Chuana (Aragonese), Xuana (Asturian), Ibane, Jone (Basque), Янiна (Yanina) (Belarusian), Ivana (Bosnian), Jan, Janig, Yannez (Breton), Ивана (Ivana), Иванка (Ivanka), Йоан[н]а (Yoana), Яна (Yana), Янка (Yanka) (Bulgarian), Joana, Jana, Janna (Catalan), Ghjuvanna (Corsican), Ivana, Iva, Ivanka, Ivančica, Ivka (Croatian), Jana, Johana (Czech), Hanne, Johanne (Danish), Hanne, Hanna, Hannah, Jana, Janne, Janneke, Jannetje, Jantje, Johanna (Dutch), Joan, Joanna, Joanne, Joann, Jan, Jane, Jayne, Jayna, Janet, Janice, Janis, Jean, Jeane, Jeanne, Jeannie (English), Juana (Filipino), Jeanne, Jeannette (short), Jehane (outdated) (French), Xoana (Galician), Jana, Janina, Johanna, Hanna, Hanne (German), Ιωάννα (Ioanna), Γιάννα (Yianna, sometimes Gianna) (Greek), יוחנה (Yôḥannā, Johanna) (Hebrew), Johanna, Hanna (moniker), Zsanett (moniker) (Hungarian), Jóhanna (Icelandic), Yohana, Yana, Hana (Indonesian/Malay), Sinéad, Seona, Siobhán, Síne, Siún (Irish), Giovanna, Gianna, Giannina, Ivana, Iva, Nina, Vania (Italian), Jana, Janīna, Janīne (Latvian), Janina, Jonė, Janė, Joana (Lithuanian), Јована (Jovana), Јованка (Jovanka), Ивана (Ivana), Иванка (Ivanka), Јана (Jana) (Macedonian), Janina, Joanna (Polish), Joana, Iva, Ivana (Portuguese), Ioana (Romanian), Яна (Yana), Жaннa (Janna), Иoaннa (Yoanna, Hebrew form) (Russian), Ioana (Samoan), Seòna, Seònag, Seònaid, Siubhan, Sìne (Scottish Gaelic), Јована (Jovana), Ивана (Ivana), Јованка (Jovanka), Иванка (Ivanka) (Serbian), Giuvanna (Sicilian), Jana, Ivana, Ivona, Juana, Juanita (Spanish), Johanna, Hanna (Swedish), Siân, Sioned, Siwan (Welsh), Gia, Giah, Gyah, Giana, Gian, Gianah, Gianel, Gianela, Gianele, Gianell, Gianella, Gianelle, Gianet, Gianeta, Gianete, Gianett, Gianetta, Gianette, Gianina, Gianinna, Giannah, Gianne, Giannee, Giannella, Giannetta, Gianni, Giannie, Giannina, Gianny, Gianoula, Gyan, Gyana, Gyanah, Gyann, Gyanna, Gyannah, Gianna, Giovanna, Giavana, Giavanah, Giavanna, Giavannah, Giavonna, Giovana, Giovanah, Giovannah, Giovanne, Giovannica, Giovona, Giovonah, Giovonna, Giovonnah, Givonnie, Gyovana, Gyovanah, Gyovanna, Gyovannah, Jeveny, Chavon, Chavaughn, Chavaughna, Chavaughne, Chavawn, Chavawna, Chavawnah, Chavawne, Chavona, Chavonah, Chavonda, Chavondah, Chavondria, Chavondriah, Chavone, Chavonn, Chevaughn, Chevaughna, Chevaughne, Chevawn, Chevawna, Chevawnah, Chevawne, Chevon, Chevona, Chevonn, Shavon, Chavonne, Chavondria, Chavonna, Chavonnah, Chevonna, Chevonnah, Chevonne, Jean, Jeanann, Jeancie, Jeane, Jeaneia, Jeaneva, Jeanice, Jeanmaria, Jeanmarie, Jeann, Jeanné, Jeantelle, Jeen, Jeene, Jeana, Jeanna, Jeanae, Jeannae, Jeannah, Jeannia, Jeena, Jeenia, Jeanetta, Jeanettah, Jeanette, Jeannett, Jeannette, Jeanet, Jeaneta, Jeanetah, Jeanete, Jeanett, Jeanetton, Jeanita, Jeannete, Jeannetta, Jeannita, Jeannot, Jinet, Jineta, Jinetah, Jinete, Jinett, Jinetta, Jinettah, Jinette, Jonet, Joneta, Jonetah, Jonete, Jonett, Jonetta, Jonettah, Jonette, Jynet, Jyneta, Jynetah, Jynete, Jynett, Jynetta, Jynettah, Jynette, Jeanie, Jeanee, Jeannie, Jeani, Jeannee, Jeanney, Jeanny, Jeany, Jeanine, Jeannine, Jenine, Jeaneane, Jeaneen, Jeanene, Jeanina, Jeannina, Jennine, Jeanne, Jenette, Jeneta, Jenetah, Jenett, Jenetta, Jenettah, Jennet, Jennett, Jennetta, Jennette, Jennita, Joaneil, Joanmarie, Joannanette, Joayn, Joen, Joenn, Jonni, Joana, Joanna, Janka, Jhoana, Jo-Ana, Jo-Anie, Jo-Anna, Jo-Annie, Joahna, Joanah, Joananna, Joandra, Joanka, Joannah, Joayna, Joeana, Joeanah, Joeanna, Joeannah, Joena, Joenah, Joenna, Joennah, Joanie, Joannie, Joanny, Joany, Joanee, Joaney, Joani, Joanney, Joanni, Joenie, Joann, Joanne, Jo-Ann, Jo-Anne, Joanann, Joananne, Joane, Joayne, Joeane, Joeann, Joeanne, Joenn, Joenne, Johana, Johanna Johannah, Johan, Johanah, Johanka, Johann, Johanna, Joyhanna, Joyhannah, Johanie, Johannie, Johanny, Johane, Johani, Johanni, Johany, Johanne, Johna, Johnna, Jhona, Jhonna, Johnda, Joncie, Jonda, Jondrea, Jutta, Johnnie, Johni, Johnie, Johnni, Johnnie-Lynn, Johnnielynn, Johnny, Janeen, Janeena, Janeene, Janel, Janell, Jannell, Jannelle, Jaenel, Jaenella, Jaenelah, Jaenell, Jainel, Jainela, Jainelah, Jainell, Janela, Janiel, Jannel, Janyll, Jaynel, Jaynela, Jaynelah, Jaynell, Janelle, Jaenele, Jaenella, Jaenellah, Jaenelle, Jainele, Jainella, Jainelle, Janele, Janelis, Janella, Janellah, Janelys, Janielle, Janille, Jannella, Jannellah, Jannellies, Jaynele, Jaynella, Jaynelle, Janelly, Janely, Janelli, Janellie, Janet, Janata, Janeat, Janeata, Janeatah, Janeate, Janeet, Janeeta, Janeetah, Janeete, Janeta, Janetah, Janete, Janneta, Jannite, Janot, Janota, Janote, Janta, Jante, Janyt, Janyte, Jenet, Jenete, Janett, Janette, Jannet, Jannette, Janeatt, Janeatte, Jannett, Jannitte, Janytte, Juana, Juanah, Juanell, Juaney, Juanika, Juanit, Juanna, Juannah, Juannia, Juaneta, Juanita, Juaneice, Juanqua, Juanesha, Juanice, Juanicia, Juaniqua, Juanisha, Juanishia, Sean, Seaghan, Seain, Seaine, Seán, Seane, Seann, Seayn, Seayne, Shaan, Shon, Siôn, Seana, Seanna, Seaana, Seanah, Seannae, Seannah, Seannalisa, Seanté, Shana, Shaana, Shaanah, Shan, Shanah, Shanae, Shanea, Shanay, Shanaya, Shaneah, Shane, Schain, Schaine, Schayn, Schayne, Shaen, Shaene, Shain, Shaine, Shayn, Shanna, Shannah, Shannea, Shaun, Shawn, Schaun, Schaune, Shaughan, Shaughn, Shaugn, Shaunahan, Shaune, Shaunn, Shaunne, Shauna, Schauna, Schaunah, Schaunee, Shaunah, Shaunee, Shauneen, Shaunelle, Shaunette, Shauni, Shaunie, Shaunika, Shaunisha, Shaunnea, Shaunua, Sheann, Sheaon, Sheaunna, Shaunda, Shanda, Shawnda, Shonda, Shaundal, Shaundala, Shaundra, Shaundrea, Shaundree, Shaundria, Shaundrice, Shaunice, Shaunna, Shaunta, Shawnta, Shonta, Schaunta, Schauntah, Schaunte, Schauntea, Schauntee, Schunta, Shauntah, Shaunte, Shauntea, Shauntee, Shauntée, Shaunteena, Shauntia, Shauntier, Shauntrel, Shauntrell, Shauntrella, Sheanta, Sheena, Sheana, Sheanah, Sheanna, Sheenagh, Sheenah, Sheenan, Sheeneal, Sheenna, Sheina, Sheinah, Sheyna, Sheynah, Shiona, Shona, Shiona, Shonagh, Shonah, Shonalee, Shone, Shonee, Shonette, Shoni, Shonie, Shonna, Shonnah, Shunta, Shuntae, Shunté, Shuntel, Shuntell, Shuntelle, Shuntia, Sinead, Seonaid, Sine, Sinéad, Zaneta, Saneta, Sanete, Sanetta, Zaneata, Zaneatah, Zaneeta, Zaneetah, Zanetah, Zanete, Zanett, Zanetta, Zanettah, Zanette, Zanita, Zanitah, Zanitra, Zanyta, Zanytah, Zanna, Zanae, Zanah, Zanella, Zanette, Zannah, Zannette, Zannia, Zannie, Zannya, Zannyah, Zhana, Zhanae, Zhanay, Zhanaya, Zhanea, Zhanee, Zhaney, Zhani, Zhaniah, Zhanna.
- The masculine versions of Jane include John, Deshaun, Deshawn, Keshaun, Keshawn, Rashawn, Rashaun (African American), Gjon (Albanian), Yahya, Yuhanna (Arabic), Hovhannes, Hovik, Hovo, Ohannes (Armenian), Ganix, Ion, Jon (Basque), Yan (Belarusian), Ioannes (Biblical Greek), Yehochanan, Yochanan (Biblical Hebrew), Iohannes (Biblical Latin), Yann, Yanick, Yannic, Yannick (Breton), Ioan, Ivan, Yan, Yoan, Ivo, Yanko (Bulgarian), Joan, Jan (Catalan), Jowan (Cornish), Ghjuvan (Corsican), Ivan, Ivica, Ivo, Janko, Vanja (Croatian), Ivan, Jan, Johan, Honza, Janek (Czech), Jan, Jens, Johan, Johannes, Jon, Hans, Jannick, Jannik (Danish), Jan, Johan, Johannes, Hanne, Hannes, Hans, Jo, Joop (Dutch), Johano, Joĉjo (Esperanto), Jaan, Johannes, Juhan (Estonian), Jani, Janne, Johannes, Joni, Jouni, Juhana, Juhani, Hannes, Hannu, Juha, Juho, Jukka, Jussi (Finnish), Jean, Yann, Jeannot, Yanick, Yannic, Yannick (French), Xoán (Galician), Ioane, Ivane, Vano (Georgian), Jan, Johann, Johannes, Hannes, Hans, Jo (German), Gianni, Giannis, Ioannis, Yanni, Yannis, Yianni, Yiannis (Greek), Keoni (Hawaiian), Yochanan (Hebrew), János, Jancsi, Jani, Janika (Hungarian), Jóhann, Jóhannes, Jón (Icelandic), Yohanes (Indonesian), Eoin, Sean, Seán, Shane (Irish), Giovanni, Ivano, Gian, Gianni, Giannino, Nino, Vanni (Italian), Johannes, Joannes (Late Roman), Jānis (Latvian), Sjang, Sjeng (Limburgish), Jonas (Lithuanian), Johan, Hanke (Low German), Ivan, Jovan, Ivo (Macedonian), Ean, Juan (Manx), Hann, Jan, Jon, Hankin, Jackin, Jankin (Medieval English), Jehan (Medieval French), Zuan (Medieval Italian), Jan, Jens, Johan, Johannes, Jon, Hans (Norwegian), Joan (Occitan), Yahya (Persian), Iwan, Jan, Janusz, Janek (Polish), João, Joãozinho (Portuguese), Ioan, Ion, Iancu, Ionel, Ionuț, Nelu (Romanian), Ioann, Ivan, Vanya (Russian), Juhán (Sami), Eoin, Iain, Ian (Scottish), Ivan, Jovan, Ivica, Ivo, Janko, Vanja (Serbian), Ivan, Ján, Janko (Slovak), Ivan, Jan, Janez, Žan, Anže, Janko (Slovene), Iván, Juan, Xuan, Juanito (Spanish), Jan, Jens, Johan, Johannes, Jon, Hampus, Hannes, Hans, Hasse, Janne (Swedish), Yahya (Turkish), Ivan (Ukrainian), Evan, Iefan, Ieuan, Ifan, Ioan, Iwan, Siôn, Ianto (Welsh), Jan, Johan, Johann, Johannes, Hannes, Hans (Afrikaans), Gjin, Gjovan, Gjovalin, Gjovanin, Gjoni, Jovan, Xhoni (Albanian), ዮሐንስ (Yoḥännǝs) (Amharic), يحيى (Yaḥyā, Qurʾānic), يوحنا (Yūḥannā, Biblical) (Arabic), ܝܘܚܢܢ (Yuḥanon), ܚܢܐ (Ḥanna), ܐܝܘܢ (Ewan) (Aramaic/Syriac), Chuan (Aragonese), Հովհաննես (Hovhannes); Classical Armenian: Յովհաննէս (Yovhannēs) (Armenian), Xuan (Asturian), Manez, Ganix, Joanes, Iban (Basque), Ян (Yan), Янка (Yanka), Янэк (Yanek), Ясь (Yas'), Iван (Ivan) (Belarusian), ইয়াহিয়া (Iyahiya), য়াহয়া (Yahya) (Bengali), Ivan (Bosnian), Yann, Yannig (Breton), Иван (Ivan), Йоан (Yoan), Янко (Yanko), Яне (Yane) (Bulgarian), Joan, Jan, Ivan (Catalan), 約翰; Pinyin: (Yuēhàn); Jyutping: (Joek3 hon6); Pe̍h-ōe-jī: (Ioh-hān) (Chinese), Jowan (Cornish), Ghjuvanni (Coriscan), Ivan, Ivo, Ive, Ivica, Ivano, Ivanko, Janko, Ivek (Croatian), Jan, Honza, Johan (Czech), Hans, Jens, Jan, Johan, Johannes (Danish), Han, Hannes, Hans, Jan, Johan, Johannes, Jannes, Jens, Wannes, Sjeng (Dutch), Guiàn (Emiliano-Romagnolo), John, Johnny, Jack (English), Jaan, Juhan, Juho, Janno, Jukk, Jaanus, Hannes, Hans (Estonian), Johano (Esperanto), Huan (Extremaduran), Jann, Janus, Jens, Jenis, Jóan, Jóannes, Jónar, Jógvan, Jóhann, Jóhannes, Hannis, Hanus, Hans (Faroese), Juan (Filipino), Hannes, Hannu, Jani, Janne, Johannes, Juha, Juho, Juhani (Finnish), Jean, Jehan (outdated) (French), Xoán, Xan (Galician), იოანე (Ioane), ივანე (Ivane), იოვანე (Iovane), ვანო (Vano), ივა (Iva) (Georgian), Hans, Hannes, Johannes, Johann, Jan, Jens (German), Ιωάννης (Ioannis), Γιάννης (Yiannis, sometimes Giannis) (Greek), Huã (Guarani), Keoni (Hawaiian), יוחנן (Yôḥānān, Johanan) (Hebrew), János, Jancsi (Hungarian), Jóhann, Jóhannes, Hannes (Icelandic), Iwan, Yahya, Yan, Yaya, Yohan, Yohanes, Yuan (Indonesian/Malay), Seán, Shaun, Eoin (Irish), Giovanni, Gianni, Giannino, Ivan, Ivano, Ivo, Vanni, Nino, Vannino (Italian), ヨハネ (Yohane) (Japanese), Жақия (Zhaqiya, Yahya) Шоқан (Shoqan) (Kazakh), 요한 (Biblical) (Korean), Juang (Krristang), Iohannes, Ioannes, Iohn (Latin), Jānis (Latvian), Jonas (Lithuanian), Giuàn (Lombard), Јован (Jovan), Јованче (Jovanče), Иван (Ivan), Јане (Jane) (Macedonian), യോഹന്നാൻ (Yōhannān) ഉലഹന്നാൻ (Ulahannan) ലോനപ്പൻ (Lonappan) നയിനാ൯ (Nainan, Ninan) (Malayalam), Ġwanni (Maltese), Hōne (Maori), Johan, Johannes, John, Jan, Hans (Norwegian), یوحنا (Yohannan), یحیی (Yahya) (Persian), Gioann (Piedmontese), Jan (Polish), João, Ivo, Ivã (Portuguese), Ioan, Ionuţ, Ionel, Ionică, Nelu, Iancu (Romanian), Иван (Ivan), Иоанн (Ioann, Hebrew form) (Russian), Ioane (Samoan), Juons (Samogitian), Giuanni (Sardinian), Ian, John, Jock (Scots), Ian, Iain, Eòin, Seathan (Scottish Gaelic), Јован (Jovan), Иван (Ivan), Јанко (Janko), Јовица (Jovica), Ивица (Ivica), Ивко (Ivko) (Serbian), Giuvanni (Sicilian), Juvam, Yohan (Sinhala), Ján, Ivan (Slovak), Janez, Ivan, Ivo, Jan, Janko, Anže, Anžej (Slovene), Juan (Spanish), Ivan, Jan, Johan, Junkka, Johannes, John, Hans, Hannes, Hampus (Swedish), য়াহয়া (Yahya) (Sylheti), ܝܘܚܢܢ (Yuḥanon), ܚܢܐ (Ḥanna), ܐܝܘܢ (Ewan) (Syriac Aramaic), யோவான் (Yovaan) (Tamil), Sione (Tongan), Yahya, Yuhanna, Jan (Turkish), Іван (Ivan), Іванко (Ivanko) (Ukrainian), Dương, Dzôn (Vietnamese), Evan, Ianto, Ieuan, Ifan, Ioan, Siôn (Welsh), Chon, Dzon, Džon (Congolese, Serbian), Ean (Manx), Eoin (Irish), Evan (Welsh), Gianina (Italian), Giovanni, Gianni (Italian), Giuàn (Emiliano-Romagnolo), Gjoni or Gjin (Albanian), Hans (Dutch, German, from Johannes), Hone (Maori), Honza (Czech), Hovanes (Armenian), Iain (Scottish Gaelic (common form, though Ian is used in English)), Ianto (Welsh), Ibane (Basque), Ifan (Welsh), Ioan (Romanian, Welsh), Ioannis, Ionel (Romanian), Ieuan (Welsh), Ivan (Bulgarian, Croatian, Russian, Ukrainian and other Slavic language nations), Jaan (Estonian), Jack, Jan (Catalan, Czech, Dutch, Polish, Norwegian), Ján (Slovak), Jani (Finnish), Janez (Slovene), Jānis (Latvian), Janka (Slovak, Hungarian), Janek (Czech), Janne (Finnish), János (Hungarian), Jean (French), Jens (Danish), Joan (Catalan), João (Portuguese), Johan (Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German, Faroese, Afrikaans), Johann (Germanic: German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish), Johannes (Germanic: German, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Dutch), Jóhannes (Icelandic), Jon (Basque), ジョン (Japanese), Jón, Jonas (Lithuanian), Jovan (Serbian), Juan (Spanish, Filipino, Manx), Juhani (Finnish), Jöns (Swedish), Seán (Irish Seán, after the French Jean), Shane (Anglicised form of Seán), Shaun (American form of Sean), Shawn (Anglicised form of Seán), Siôn (Welsh), Xoán (Galician), Yahya (Arabic, Turkish, Farsi for the baptist), Yan (Indonesian), Yanka (Belarusian), Yann (Breton), Yoannis (Greek), Vanya (Russian, Ukrainian), Yohannan (Malayalam), Yohannes (Ethiopian), Yohan, Yohanes (Indonesian, Malaysian), Yohan (Sinhalese, Sri Lankan), Yonnachan (Malayalam), Youhanna (Arabic, Farsi (Persian) (for John the apostle)), Youhannon. (Malayalam), Elchanan, Elchan, Elchonon, Elhanan, Elhannan, Evan, Eavan, Ev, Evaine, Evann, Even, Evun, Ewen, Geno, Genio, Jeno, Gian, Ghian, Ghyan, Gianetto, Giann, Gianne, Giannes, Giannis, Giannos, Gyan, Giancarlo, Giancarlos, Gianncarlo, Gyancarlo, Gianfranco, Gianluca, Gianmarco, Gianni, Giani, Gionni, Gianpaolo, Gianpaulo, Giovanni, Giannino, Giovann, Giovannie, Giovanno, Giovon, Giovonathan, Giovonni, Giovonnia, Giovonnie, Givonni, Giovani, Giovanny, Giovany, Giavani, Giovan, Giovane, Giovanie, Giovonny, Gyovani, Gyovanie, Gyovany, Handel, Handal, Handil, Handol, Handyl, Hannes, Hanes, Hannus, Hans, Hants, Hanz, Hanus, Honza, Ian, Iane, Iann, Iin, Ion, Ean, Eian, Ianos, Iannis, Iban, Ioan, Ioane, Ioann, Ioannikios, Ionel, Ivan, Ivann, Iván, Ivano, Ivas, Iven, Ivin, Ivon, Ivun, Ivyn, Yvan, Yvann, Iwan, Keon, Keaon, Keeon, Keone, Keonne, Kyon, Keonee, Keonie, Keony, Kwam, Keion, Keionne, Keondre, Keyon, Kian, Kion, Keoni, Ohannes, Ohan, Ohane, Ohanes, Ohann, Ohanne, Sean, Seaghan, Seain, Seaine, Seán, Seane, Seann, Seayn, Seayne, Siôn, Ugatz, Yan, Yann, Yanichek, Yanick, Yanka, Yannick, Yanka, Yanikm, Yanni, Ioannis, Yani, Yannakis, Yannis, Yanny, Yiannis, Yoni, Yochanan, Yohanan, Yohan, Yohann, Yohane, Yohanes, Yohanne, Yohannes, Yohans, Yohn, Yohance, Zane, Zain, Zayne, Zhane, Jack, Jacsi, Jaenda, Jahn, Jan, Janak, Janco, Janek, Janis, Janne, János, Jansen, Jantje, Jantzen, Jas, Jean, Jehan, Jen, Jenkin, Jenkyn, Jens, Jhan, Jhanick, Jhon, Jian, Joáo, João, Jock, Joen, Johan, Johann, Johne, Johnl, Johnlee, Johnnie, Johnny, Johnson, Jon, Jonan, Jonas, Jone, Jones, Jonny, Jonté, Jovan, Juan, Juhana, Johan,Johann, Joahan, Joan, Joannes, Johahn, Johan, Johanan, Johane, Johannan, Johannes, Johanthan, Johatan, Johathan, Johathon, Johaun, Johon, Johannes, Johanes, Johannas, Johannus, Johansen, Johanson, Johonson, Jovan, Johvan, Johvon, Jovaan, Jovane, Jovani, Jovanic, Jovann, Jovanni, Jovannis, Jovanny, Jovany, Jovaughn, Jovaun, Joven, Jovenal, Jovenel, Jovi, Jovian, Jovin, Jovito, Jovoan, Jovon, Jovone, Jovonn, Jovonne, Jowan, Jowaun, Yovan, Yovani.
Last Name (Gilbert) Edit
- GILBERT is a masculine first name or a surname of Germanic origin. The English-language surname is derived from Giselbert, a medieval personal name composed of the following Germanic elements of gisil ("Pledge", "Hostage", "Noble Youth") and berht ("Bright", "Famous"). The meaning of the name Gilbert is "Of The Bright Promise", "One Who Is Trustworthy", "Brilliant", "Pledge" or "Trustworthy".
- Other spellings of the name Gilbert include Gib, Gibb, Gil, Gilberto, Gilburt, Giselbert, Giselberto, Giselbertus, Guilbert, Gilbirt, Gilbyrt, Gilbart, Gilibeirt, Giliburt, Gilibert, Gilibirt, Gilleabart, Guilbert, Guilbirt, Guilburt, Gylbert, Gylbirt, Gylburt, Gylbyrt, Gil, Gili, Gilie, Gill, Gilley, Gilli, Gillie, Gillis, Gilly, Gyl, Gyll, Gillett, Gelett, Gelette, Gilet, Gilett, Gilette, Gillette, Gillit, Gylet, Gylett, Gylit, Gylitt, Gylyt, Gylytt, Giselbert, Gisilbert (Ancient Germanic), Gib, Gil (English), Gilberto (Italian), Gilberto, Gilburto (Portuguese), Gilberto (Spanish), Arabic: جيلبرت, Belarusian: Гілберт (Hilbiert), Bengali: গিলবার্ট (Gilabārṭa), Chinese Simplified: 吉尔伯特 (Jí'ěrbótè), Chinese Traditional: 吉爾伯特 (Jí'ěrbótè), French: Gilbert, German: Gilbert, Gujarati: ગિલ્બર્ટ ( Gilbarṭa), Hebrew: גילברט, Hindi: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Italian: Gilberto, Japanese: ギルバート (Girubāto), Kannada: ಗಿಲ್ಬರ್ಟ್ (Gilbarṭ), Korean: 길버트 (Gilbeoteu), Macedonian: Гилберт, Marathi: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Mongolian: Гилберт (Gilbyert), Nepali: गिल्बर्ट (Gilbarṭa), Persian: گیلبرت, Portuguese: Gilberto, Russian: Гилберт, Serbian: Гилберт, Spanish: Gilberto, Tamil: கில்பர்ட் (Kilparṭ), Telugu: గిల్బర్ట్ (Gilbarṭ), Thai: กิลเบิร์ (Kilbeir̒), Turkish: Jilbert, Jilber, Ukrainian: Гілберт (Hilbert), Urdu: گلبرٹ, Yiddish: גילבערט (Gylbʻrt).
- The feminine forms of Gilbert include Gilberte (French), Gilberta (Dutch), Gilberta, Gilbertha, Gilberthe, Gilbertina, Gilbertine, Gill, Gillie, Gilly, Gilberte, Gilbertyna, Gilbertyne, Gilberteena, Gilberteene, Gilbarta, Gilbarte, Gilen, Gijs, Gilberte, Gilberta, Gilbertia, Gilbertina, Gilbertine, Gilbertyna, Gilbertyne, Gilbirt, Gilbirta, Gilbirte, Gilbirtia, Gilbirtina, Gilbirtine, Gilburta, Gilburte, Gilburtia, Gilburtina, Gilburtine, Gilburtyna, Gilbyrta, Gilbyrte, Gilbyrtia, Gilbyrtina, Gilbyrtyna, Gylberta, Gylbertah, Gylberte, Gylbertina, Gylbertyna, Gylbirta, Gylbirte, Gylbirtia, Gylbirtina, Gylbirtine, Gylbirtyna, Gylburta, Gylburte, Gylburtia, Gylburtina, Gylburtyna, Gylbyrta, Gylbyrte, Gylbyrtia, Gylbyrtina, Gylbyrtyna, Gigi, GiGi, G.G., Geegee, Geygey, Giggi, Gygy, Jeejee, Jeyjey, Jiji.
Nicknames/Pet Names Edit
- Elena has many and various nicknames throughout the course of the series, and most of them are nicknames coined by Stefan. Elena's nicknames include: "Golden Girl" (frequently used for Elena throughout the course of the whole series), "Angel" (often referring to her physical appearance), "Golden Angel" (used by Stefan), "His Elena" (referenced by Stefan), "His Angel" (used and referenced by Stefan), "My Love" (used by Stefan), "Love" (used by Stefan), "Little Love" (used by Stefan), "Lovely Love" (used by Stefan only), "Little Lovely Love" (used by Stefan only), "Ice Princess", "Ice Queen", "Snow Queen'", "Queen of Shadows, "Princess", "Princess of Darkness" (used by Damon), "Sweetheart" (used by Damon), "Darling" (used by Damon)..
When Elena was turned into a vampire after receiving blood mostly from Stefan and also, a little from Damon, Elena possessed the standard vampire powers and abilities.
- VAMPIRE PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Vampire Mimicry"; "Vampiric Mimicry/Physiology"; "Vampirism"; "Vampyre Physiology/Mimicry"; or "Vrykolakas"): The ability to use the abilities of a vampire. User with this ability either is or can transform into an vampire, a being who subsists by feeding on the life essence of living creatures (often in the form of blood), regardless of whether the vampire is undead or a living person/being. While all vampires need some form of life-essence, the quality and quantity vary greatly: from daily to rarely, from needing lethal amounts to barely notable, from sentient blood freshly drained to rare steak. Physically, vampires are similar to their non-vampiric species, but exact changes their state causes vary greatly: more common effects include pale/white skin, glowing eyes (possibly chancing to golden or red), prominent canines or generally predatory appearance, but some have no visible changes at all, while others barely pass for a humanoid. Mentally, vampires vary from perfectly normal persons with unusual dietary requirements to predatory, calculating beings, to hunger-driven blood-junkies. Generally, vampires are physically imposing beings with excellent strength, speed, endurance and agility, excellent senses, extended living-span nearing ageless and high-level resistance to damage. Other abilities include ability to turn other beings into vampires (possibly involuntarily), mental abilities, transformation into animals or mist, etc. Note that vampires are able to learn Magic, so the variety of powers some have isn't so much result of them being vampires as their own studies.
- UNDEAD PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Cadaverism"; "Cadaver Form/Mimicry/Physiology"; "Corpse Form/Mimicry/Physiology"; "Necrotic Form/Mimicry/Physiology"; or "Undead Form/Mimicry"): The ability to use the abilities of an Undead. User with this ability either is or can transform into an undead, corporeal beings in mythology, legend or fiction that are deceased yet behave as if alive. A common example is a corpse re-animated by supernatural forces, by the application of the deceased's own life force or that of another being (such as a demon). Users with this power lack physical weaknesses, such as pain, need to rest, vulnerability to environmental effects, etc, while some still need to consume various substances (blood, flesh, life-force). Being clinically dead, their brains and bodies are immune to most powers that affect living beings.
- IMMORTALITY (AKA "Death Immunity"; "Endless Life"; "Eternal Life"; "Everlasting Life"; or "Longevity"): The ability to never age physically and recover from almost any injury. The opposite off Mortality. Users possess an infinite life span, and can shrug off virtually any kind of physical damage. Some users are the defensive type, simply preventing such damage from appearing (invulnerability/protection), while others are the regenerative type, surviving and quickly recovering from anything you throw at them. As someone who was immortal, Elena possessed the supernatural ability of eternal life and youth, meaning that she will never grow old or age and she is incapable of death due to human circumstances.
- ENHANCED SENSES (AKA "Superhuman Senses"; "Advanced Senses"; "Increased Perceptions"; "Heightened Senses"; "Hyper-Senses"; "Super-Senses"; and "Strengthened Senses"): The ability to possess extremely accurate senses or senses that exceed those of a normal or regular human. The user has extremely accurate senses, allowing them to see, hear, smell, taste, touch and/or feel more than an average member of their species.
- ENHANCED HEARING (AKA "Hyperacusia"; "Sharp Ears"; or "Sensitive/Super/Superhuman Hearing"): The ability or power to hear with amazing clarity or clarity that exceeds that of a normal human. Users have ears enhanced to hear with amazing clarity, distance, and even frequencies outside normal range. Users ears can pick up every single sound, can decipher layer upon layer of differing sounds/conversations, locate the source of noise or pick up a sound from a mile away in a busy city. Elena as a vampire was able to hear things much easier and clearer than that of a regular human.
- ENHANCED SMELL (AKA "Enhanced/Increased Olfaction"; "Hyperosmia"; "Super Spell"; "Superhuman Sense of Smell"; "Hyper/Increased Sense of Smell"; Hyper/Increased Smell"): The ability or power of enhanced sense of smell. Users can detect specific persons, objects, substances or even places, locate their origin and track with nothing but their nose. Some may even be able to detect lying, sicknesses or tumors by which hormones/smells they excrete. Elena's sense of smell exceeded that of a normal or regular human when she was a vampire.
- ENHANCED SIGHT (AKA "Enhanced Vision"; "Advanced Eyesight/Sight/Vision"; "Hyper Eyesight/Sight/Vision"): The ability or power of enhanced eye sight. Users have eyes enhanced to see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into another dimension.
- NIGHT VISION (AKA "Darkness Optics" or "Nocturnal Vision"): The ability or power to see clearly in the darkness or with little to no light. User has excellent night vision, the ability to see in low light conditions or even total darkness. Whether by biological or technological means, night vision is made possible by a combination of two approaches: sufficient spectral range, and sufficient intensity range. Because of vampirism, Elena was able to see things with clarity even during the night time or without light.
- AURA VISION (AKA "Aura Reading"; "Aura Perception/Sense/Sight/Vision"; "Ecto-Vision" or "Kirlian Eye"): The ability or power to see the auras of others. The user can perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, power levels, or the targets moral alignment. They may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects under special circumstances.
- ENHANCED SPEED (AKA "High Speed", "Hyper Speed" or "Super Speed"): The ability to move at extraordinary physical speed. Users can move much faster than the average member of their species, some near or at the speed of sound, or even faster. However, this power is not without any ill effects, as it can strain the body, although some users may be resistant or even immune to the effects of high speed travel, including friction, g-force, inertia, etc. Elena was able to move much faster and quicker in comparison to when she was a normal human.
- ENHANCED TASTE (AKA "Gustatory Enhancement"; "Perfect Taste"; or "Super Taster"): The power or ability to possess enhanced taste. The user has accurate sense of taste, allowing them to sense both harmful and beneficial things, as all basic tastes are classified as either aversive or appetitive, depending upon the effect the things they sense have on our bodies. Sweetness helps to identify energy-rich foods, while bitterness serves as a warning sign of poisons. The user might even be able to tell certain things about people if they taste something the person they're describing ate/drank previously, such as gender. Elena's sense of taste was enhanced when she became a vampire. Therefore, the taste of blood and even food tastes much stronger and clearer.
- ENHANCED TOUCH (AKA "Enhanced Feeling" or "Somatic Senses"): The ability or power of enhanced sense of touch. User has exceptionally good sense of touch, allowing them detect specific persons, objects, substances or even places, locate their origin and track with nothing but the tip of their fingers. Some may even be able to detect the thinnest crack on anything that is invisible to the naked eye. Users may be able to sense vibrations through solid substances, liquids or even the air-pressure changes. Elena's sense of touch was enhanced when she became a vampire due to having enhanced senses. Her sense of touch was much stronger and clearer in comparison to that of when she was a normal human.
- ENHANCED IMMUNITY (AKA "Advanced Immune System"; "Asepsis"; "Enhanced Immune System"; "Immunocompetent"; "Immunity"; or "Contaminant Immunity"): The power or ability to neutralize all existing detrimental contaminants in one's body. The user is immune to some, if not all, known poisons, toxins, venoms, viruses, bacteria, etc. Because Elena was a vampire, she was immune to all harmful things that would harm, hurt or kill a normal human.
- ENHANCED STRENGTH (AKA "Enhanced Durability"; "Hyper Strength"; "Increased Strength"; "Super Strength"; "Superior Strength"; "Superhuman Strength"; "Supernatural Strength"; or "Titanic Strength"): The ability or power to exert great physical strength from their muscles. Users have incredible ability to defy weight limitations of the member of their race, but not completely break them. Dense, lengthy, or overweight items are easy to move and simple to use in nearly any manner. Users can crush, lift, throw, or catch items of great weight. As a vampire, Elena showed that she could lift heavier objects with much and that her strength exceeded that of when she was a regular human girl.
- TELEPATHY (AKA "Legilimency" or "Thought Casting"): The power to mentally receive and/or transmit information. Users of this power are often called Telepaths or Mind Readers. User can read/sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally and/or affect their minds/thoughts. Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind. Elena was able to communicate with the Salvatore brothers' non-verbally as well as Bonnie, who is also telepathic due to being a psychic. This power was substantially much stronger when she was communicating telepathically with Stefan due to her soul mate connection with him.
- DECELERATED AGING (AKA "Decelerated Aging Process"; "Delayed Aging"; "Eternal Youth"; "Longevity"; and "Slowed Aging"): The ability or power to age at a much slower than normal rate. The user either ages slower than normal for their species or is of the species that have extended life-span.
- MIND CONTROL (AKA "Brainwashing"; "Compulsion"; "Consciousness Manipulation"; "Manipulative Hypnosis"; "Mental Domination"; "Telepathic Manipulation"; and "Willpower Manipulation"): The power to control the minds of others. Elena had the supernatural ability to control and manipulate the body, mind, and soul of any animal or person.
- MENTAL MANIPULATION (AKA "Cerebral Control"; "Cerebrokinesis"; "Mental Alteration/Control"; "Mentokinesis"; and "Mind Alteration/Control"): The power to manipulate thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions of others. The user can manipulate, modify and control the thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions, allowing the ability to render others unconscious, suppress their memories, and negate the use of abilities, increase/decrease mental capacity, modify minds to be agreeable, sway sensations to induce altered perception, bestow mental disorders or break down mental barriers.
- WEATHER CONTROL: Elena possessed the supernatural ability allows influence meteorological energy patterns, creating rain, wind, hail, lightning, snow, sleet, fog and temperature changes.
- ELEMENTAL MANIPULATION: Elena had the supernatural ability to control and manipulate the elements of air, earth, fire, water, lightning, etc.
- ANIMAL CONTROL: The ability to control or influence animal behaviour. The user can control animals, they can set stampedes onto attackers, get animals to fetch things. Vampires can control the minds of bats, rats and wolves found in their vicinity. These animals will obey every command of their newfound master's, even if it brings death. Elena has the supernatural ability that could handle all kinds of wild animals or domestic. Normally, they can only control a species at a time.
- SELF SUSTENANCE (AKA "Contained Metabolism"; "Deprivation"; and "Self-Sufficiency"): The power to reduce or remove the need for bodily necessities. Users physical needs are greatly reduced or completely removed. These needs include air/breathing, sleep/rest, food, drink, bodily evacuations, shelter from environmental effects and their lack (heat/cold, dryness/wetness), etc. User is also able to stay unmoving without normal effects this would have. Elena does not require human food, drink, or sleep the way humans do. She could go without all three things and survive. The only thing that Elena needs to survive is human blood.
- BLOOD CONSUMPTION (AKA "Blood Draining/Sucking/Sustenance"; "Haemophagia"; "Hemophagia"; and "Hematophagia"): The power to gain power from blood and bodily fluids usually by ingestion. The user can absorb (usually by ingesting) the blood and/or bodily fluids of others for either sustenance, offensive, defensive, or regenerative purposes. Elena as a vampire, therefore, required blood (whether it be human or animal) to survive. If she did not feed on blood, Elena would start to desiccate and mummify. Elena also gains stronger abilities the more human blood that she drinks.
- DAYTIME WALKING (AKA "Daywalking"): The ability or power to be a nocturnal creature able to withstand exposure to direct sunlight. User is a nocturnal creature (typically vampires) able to withstand exposure to direct sunlight and be active during the day. This can be because they are a Dhampir, are endowed with magic or are unique physically in one way or another. Elena as a vampire was able to expose herself to the sunlight without burning because she possessed a special lapis lazuli ring that she wore on her finger to protect her from the sunlight. This silver ring (which was given to her by Stefan and was originally Katherine's ring) allowed her to walk around in the daylight without burning. If she had removed this ring, she would burn and die. This happened to Elena in The Fury when after fighting Katherine and killing her, Elena burned in the sunlight after having her ring taken away from her by Katherine as a form of torture.
- REGENERATIVE HEALING FACTOR (AKA "Accelerated Healing/Regeneration"; "Cellular Healing/Healing Factor/Regeneration"; "Enhanced Healing/Healing Factor/Regeneration"; "Epithelial Cell Regeneration"; "Healing Factor"; "High Speed Regeneration/Healing/Healing Factor"; "Instant Regeneration"; "Molecular Regeneration"; "Rapid Cell Mitosis/Regeneration"; "Regeneration"; "Regenerative Healing"; "Spontaneous Regeneration/Healing/Healing Factor"; "Superhuman Healing/Regeneration"; "Superhuman Healing Factor"; "Tissue Regeneration"): The ability to heal rapidly from any physical injury. The user can rapidly regenerate, in other words, they recreate lost or damaged tissues, organs and limbs, sometimes slowing, or even stopping, aging. The rate and amount of healing varies widely (see Levels of Regeneration), some can regrow missing limbs, others must put the limb back in place for rapid regeneration. They are generally in very good physical shape as their bodies are constantly reverting to healthy state. Elena possessed the supernatural ability to heal all infections, wounds, and injuries at an accelerated speed.
- SHAPE SHIFTING (AKA "Biological Alteration"; "Changing"; "Copying"; "Metamorphosing"; "Metamorphosis"; "Morphing"; "Morphological Being"; "Nanomorphing"; "Omni-Mimicry"; "Polymorphing"; "Shape-Changing"; and "Transformation"): The power to transform and reshape the form of one's body. The user can shapeshift their form, transforming and reshaping down to the genetic and cellular structure. They can impersonate others or enhance one's body for combat, either by turning into animals, monsters or make the body stronger. Users with particularly flexible abilities can manipulate their form at will, combining abilities, traits, etc, even being able to form limbs into weapons and reforming after being blown apart by explosives. Elena had the supernatural ability to alter and change the physical form of ones self.
- ILLUSION CASTING: The power to employ illusions with the use of magic. The supernatural ability to be capable of disrupting the reality of one or more beings at once. This power is limited, due to the short time span of an illusion, but it can be used to neutralize the enemy without harming the victims. The user can perform the most common tricks or the most power illusionary spells. They can perform vanishing acts, pull dozens of scarfs out of their mouths, or even create conjuring spells from various bizarre spells. Elena was capable of disrupting the reality of one or more things at once. The power of Illusion is limited, since it uses a short time but because the neutralization of the enemy and does not usually give orders to the victims.
Angel, Nephilim, Earth GuardianEdit
As a human returned from the afterlife, Elena was given special abilities that power her aura. All supernatural beings can see it, so has Damon taught her how to control it and circulate it around her system. Her powers have made her blood irresistible to vampires and other supernatural creatures. Later on in the series, it was revealed that Elena possesses these special powers is because she is half Angel/Guardian, thanks to these angelic powers Elena and by far the most powerful character of the series.
- ANGELIC PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Angel Mimicry/Physiology" - "Angelic Mimicry" - "Celestial Physiology"): The ability or power to use the abilities of angels. User with this ability either is or can transform into an Angel, a being connected and serving Higher Powers. Most commonly user simply manifests wings, inner glow and/or a halo, which is the usual form angels are imagined, but there are several kinds of angels who are far less humanoid, some ranging from strange to surreal. For practical reasons, angels can be divided into three groups defined by what they are formed from: Physical Angels aren't necessarily solid matter, but they are material/energy beings with relatively defined/stable form and often at least somewhat human-like mind. Most users that aren't originally of angelic stock have this variation. Note that angels of this group aren't necessarily any weaker than those of the other groups, they are simply more "solid" in mind and body. Spiritual Angels are completely spiritual beings, and thus far less bound to the laws of physics or single form. Many of them think in ways that are only tangentially relatable to humans, and their forms are both transient and often downright surreal. Ethereal Angels are often both the most powerful and ancient angels, in some ways closer to sentient concepts than anything else. As such, relating to them in any way is likely impossible.
- NEPHILIM PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Half-Angel Physiology" – "Offspring Of Angels and Man"): The power to use the powers of a Nephilim. The angelic counterpart of Cambion Physiology (half demon, half human). User with this ability either is or can transform into an Nephilim: a being (most commonly one of the first generation) with both mortal and Angelic Ancestry. Note: In mythology, the Nephilim is considered to be the result of a union between an Angel and a mortal woman. This is similar to the conception of the Demigods in mythology. Just like said demigods, Nephilim can come in forms other than the traditional kind. Said forms would involve being a human who went through a form of ascension, where they became an angelic being themselves. Another form would be a mortal with an Angelic Soul. As partially mortal they are more bound to their form than their non-mortal parent, but their personalities and minds are far less defined by their spiritual aspect. In some forms of media, Nephilim are shown to be equal or higher in power than full members of the supernatural race they descended from. This is generally explained with the claim that the human soul enhances the spiritual/divine power gained from their "parent". Combination of mortal and physical with immortal and immaterial is highly unpredictable, and someone with heritage from both sides can lean on either side of their ancestry. Thus nephilim can be divided into three broad groups: a.) Near-Mortal Nephilim favor their mortal parents or are more distant descendants. They are mostly similar to their mortal kind in both mind and body, but with some additional abilities and instincts. Outwardly there are few or no indication that the individual is anything but normal; b.) Balanced Nephilim are balanced between their heritages, if sometimes rather precariously, and have both free will and good amount of power. There are likely number of definite traits and instincts that draw them toward their inhuman side. Physically they tend to have at least few indications about their non-mortal parentage, but the amount varies greatly between individuals; c.) Transcended Nephilim favor their immortal parentage or have only minor amount of mortal blood. Physically and mentally they are close to their immortal parentage, although able to resist their instinctual traits better than their parent.
- HYBRID PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Cross-Species Physiology/Genetics" – "Half-Breed" – "Hybridism" – "Hybridization"): The power to possess the traits and abilities of two or more different species. The user possesses the genetic traits and abilities of two or more different species, with the cause being either: a.) Genetic: The user is a hybrid that was created genetically by mixing two or more genetic codes together to create a creature with more capabilities than their inherent genetic species, b.) Offspring: The user is a hybrid that bred naturally by two different species mated and thus possess both of their parents' capabilities and powers.
- COSMIC ENTITY PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Cosmic Being Physiology" – "Cosmic Force Physiology"): The power to use the abilities of a Cosmic Entity. Variation of Transcendent Physiology. User with this ability either is or can transform into a Cosmic Entity, a being who possesses powers so great they can affect entire worlds (or in some cases, entire universes.) If there is more than one such entity in a setting, there will usually be different levels of power between them, and often specific responsibilities as well, forming a kind of Fantasy Pantheon. Cosmic Beings tend to not care much about "lesser beings" (anybody who isn't 'cosmic') and any harm (or good) they cause is often unintentional.
- SUPERHUMAN PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Metahuman Physiology" – "Mutant Physiology" – "Superhuman Body" – "Superhuman/Meta-Human/Mutant Condition"): The power to acquire the physical body, powers, and feats of a superhuman. User has the body, strength, speed, and health that is greater than that of the average human. In some case users are also able to gain abilities that are supernatural. This includes, but is not limited to, aliens, mutants, Demons, Gods, Vampires, Werewolves, or Hybrids.
- SUPERNATURAL CONDITION (AKA "Super Condition" – "Superior Condition"): The ability to reach and remain in supernatural physical and/or mental condition. Advanced version of Enhanced Condition. Users are glaringly, obviously and super/unnaturally superior over their race because their capabilities are pushed beyond the natural level; making them immensely stronger, faster, durable and smarter than normal members of their species (in that 'verse) can achieve by any method of training and remain that way with little or no maintaining. On the other hand, the only way for users to strengthen this ability is to perform intensive training or exercise. For example, to increase ones superhuman strength, they would have to lift tons of weight many times a day.
- BASIC LEVEL (EXAMPLE: BLACK PANTHER): Strong enough to lift over a ton and bend metal, fast enough to run at/beyond the high-way speed limit, durable enough to withstand being thrown off tall buildings.
- ENHANCED LEVEL (EXAMPLE: SPIDER-MAN): Strong enough to lift automobiles and punch through steel, fast enough to outrun race-cars, agile enough to leap over small buildings and dodge supersonic attacks, durable enough to withstand bullets, grenades and low-to-medium explosive as well as a strong healing ability.
- EXPERT LEVEL (EXAMPLE: POWER MAN): Strong enough to lift construction vehicles and destroy thick steel, fast enough to run faster than missiles, durable enough to withstand most explosions.
- ADVANCED LEVEL (EXAMPLE: CAPTAIN MARVEL AKA CAROL DANVERS): Strong enough to lift large aircrafts and destroy toughest metals, fast enough to break Mach 1 (1,236km/768mph), durable enough to take powerful explosions.
- MASTER LEVEL (EXAMPLE: SUPERMAN): Near an Absolute Condition. Strong enough to move skyscrapers or even planets with incalculable strength, fast enough to move at (or beyond) light-speed, and invulnerable to virtually all physical harm.
- SUPERPOWERED PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Meta Physiology" – "Superpowered Being" – "SPB Physiology" – "Super-Alien Physiology" – "Inhuman/Mutant Physiology" – "Superhuman/Metahuman Body/Physiology" – "Superhuman/Meta-Human/Inhuman/Mutant Condition" – "Unique Physiology"): The power to acquire the physical body, powers, and feats of a Superpowered being. Not to be confused with Power Physiology. User has the body, strength, speed, and health that is greater than that of the average member of a species. In some case users are also able to gain abilities that are supernatural. This includes, but is not limited to, superhumans, aliens, mutants, demons, gods, vampires, werewolves, hybrids, etc.
- DEMI-GOD PHYSIOLOGY (AKA "Demigod Mimicry" – "Half-God Mimicry"): The power to have the traits and abilities of demigods, either through Power Inheritance as one of one's parents is a god, or by unlocking a dormant power in a species. Lesser variation of Transcendent Physiology, possible result of Evolution/Ascension, and a power that accompanies Higher Consciousness. The user can gain the powers and traits of Demigods, mythological beings with partial, or lesser divine status. There are three forms of this power, with the user being able to assume only one:
- TYPE I: Minor deities that are the weakest in the hierarchy of divine beings, also called "Physical Gods" due to the fact that they are usually limited to physical form (This type of demigods are similar to powerful Meta-Humans). Powers of the minor deity depend upon both the pantheon to which they belongs and the deity they serve (if any): if they serve others, their power tends to be a lesser variant of that of their master, or a very specific one. If they do not serve others their powers tend to be in a sphere that is unimportant for the pantheon as a whole.
- TYPE II: Mortal-God Hybrids: people who gained this power through the union of a divine being and a mortal; their power will depend on their divine parent and what area they control. Users with divine parentage may have similar powers as their parents (see Transcendent Physiologyfor examples), but remember that divine inheritance is a fickle thing: Zeus was father to both Dionysus (who gained powers concerning wine and insanity), and Heracles (who was simply extremely strong).
- TYPE III: Mortals who somehow became gods, or beings with power that approaches that of the gods even though they are not gods themselves. Those who become demigods by their own effort may gain just about any abilities, given that they usually were powerful individuals even before their ascension.
- EMPATHY (AKA "Empath" – "Empath Perception/Sense"): The power to fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others. Users are often called Empaths. The user can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another. They can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since they know exactly what emotion is flowing through themselves and can use this knowledge to play against them. Some users may learn to read emotional imprints left into environment or objects. Usually over time, an Empath's power grows to the point that they can manipulate emotions on others, and possibly use them to empower themselves. User may learn to extend their power over/on vast number of sentient beings or reach extreme distances, even other levels of existence but this may be possible only if the user has emotional link to those they search already in effect.
- COSMIC KEYSTONE (AKA "Cosmic Anchor" – "Fundamental Existence"): The power to become the anchor/keystone for the world, system, dimension, plane, universe or reality. User becomes the anchor or keystone for an entire world, system, galaxy, dimension, plane, universe or reality. Their existence is necessary for the place to exist, if the user is killed, removed, or forced to leave the location in which they act as a anchor/keystone, the location will either be destroyed or damaged beyond repair unless the keystone is returned.
- HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS (AKA "Ascended/Collective/Cosmic/Objective Consciousness" – "Spiritual Ascension/Evolution"): The ability to gain a new state of development. Not to be confuse with Mass Consciousness. Users are able to denote their natural consciousness and reach a higher level of development. They are also able to be aware of an ultimate reality. With this, they can self-manage, awaken, and develop the hidden potential that has laid dormant within them.
- ENLIGHTENMENT (AKA "Absolute Knowledge" – "Spiritual Enlightenment/Insight" – "Transcendent Illumination" – "Ultimate Knowledge" – "Universal Revelation"): The ability to understand or possess full comprehension of the universe and/or beyond. The user has reached enlightenment, allowing them to understand the meaning of everything by communicating with or understanding the mind of God, Universal Consciousness or similar source, profound spiritual understanding and/or a fundamentally changed consciousness whereby everything is perceived as a unity. This power is capable of awaking the user, both spiritually and mentally.
- BALANCE (AKA "Cosmic Balance" – "Equilibrium" – "Perfect Balance" – "Perfect Order" – "Ultimate Balance" – "Universal Balance"): The power to be in perfect balance with the universe and its forces. Variation of Boundary Manipulation. Opposite power to Destabilization.The user is in balance with all forces of universe itself and transcendent areas or location and control to its will. The user can control opposing forces at once like darkness and light, heaven and hell, existence and nothingness, creation and destruction. Advanced users can combine 2 opposing forces and not be harmed by any force or its effects. This power allows the user to be in between good and evil and develop a universal view beyond reason they can also affect many cosmic, mystical, physical concepts and be in balance with them giving them an equal status example concept of infinite and finite, reality and illusion. This ability grants infinite power and can adapt to anything. User is put in a state where they are not perfect or imperfect nor bad or evil making one not just be in balance but superior cause one can understand and work with both concepts in harmony. Is also good to state that user may or may not be omnipotent it depends in what degree of balance the user is in. This cannot be confused with Unity because the user is not one with all but in balance with all, the user is also not bound to any physical or transcendent rules life and death. This ability can be considered the core reason for Boundary Manipulation because once the user understands boundaries he can balance them all. Cosmic Balance scale has no defined scale because the result of 2 opposing paths is uncertain in terms of balance. Advanced users can create new concepts from balance by mixing old ones e.g by mixing reality and illusion the user can create Subjective reality or instead of creating user can turn opposing forces compatible and perfect harmony. In essence the user has a way of existence above all dualities becoming a powerful force and incomprehensible making them true neutral, above good and evil, male and female, being and non-being (Examples Include: Genesis and Extinction, Existence and Nothingness, Creation and Destruction, Aether and Nether, Demonic and Angelic, Enlightenment, Natural and Phenomenal, Higher Consciousness, Vice and Virtue, Submission and Liberty, Light and Darkness, Yin and Yang, Mercy and Vengeance, Miracle and Disaster, War and Peace, Order and Chaos, Perfection and Corruption, Science and Magic, Sturdy and Feeble, Space and Time, Reality and Illusion, Positive and Negative, Success and Failure, Causality Manipulation and Acausality Manipulation, Stability and Instability, God and Anti-God).
- ENHANCED CONDITION (AKA "Peak Condition" – "Physical Prime" – "Prime Condition"): The ability to remain in the peak physical condition and/or mental condition of user's species with little to no maintaining. The user is at the peak physical and mental condition of their species in that verse can achieve without any supernatural methods and remain that way with little or no maintaining. This entails that they are faster, stronger, more intelligent and overall superior to fellow members of their species without being obviously supernatural.
- HEALING POWERS (AKA "Cell Regeneration" – "Healing Hands/Power" – "Recovery Power/Touch"): The power to restore biotic organisms to their optimal health. User can restore biotic organisms to their optimal health, curing damaged or withered organisms, wounds, broken bones, low vitality, and diseases or poisoning. Though the user may potentially heal any form of bodily damage, the patient must be alive, even if hanging by a thin thread, in order to be healed; once the patient has died, it would transcend healing and would require resurrection instead.
- ENHANCED SENSES (AKA "Superhuman Senses" – "Advanced Senses" – "Increased Perceptions" – "Heightened Senses" – "Hyper-Senses" – "Super-Senses" – "Strengthened Senses"): The ability to possess extremely accurate senses or senses that exceed those of a normal or regular human. The user has extremely accurate senses, allowing them to see, hear, smell, taste, touch and/or feel more than an average member of their species. Elena has learned to control her senses of hearing, vision, and smell at her own will.
- ENHANCED SIGHT (AKA "Enhanced Vision"): The ability or power of enhanced eye sight. Users have eyes enhanced to see with amazing clarity/detail, distance, or color, perhaps even in a different spectrum of light or into another dimension.
- AURA VISION (AKA "Aura Reading" – "Aura Perception/Sense/Sight/Vision" – "Ecto-Vision" – "Kirlian Eye"): The ability or power to see the auras of others. The user can perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, power levels, or the targets moral alignment. They may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects under special circumstances.
- ENHANCED DURABILITY (AKA "Damage Resistance" – "Delayed Capitulation" – "Enhanced Resistance" – "High Resistance" – "Super Durability" – "Super Resistance"): The power to sustain numerous blows of internal or external assaults. The user's physical durability (ability to endure/resist damage) is extremely high, allowing them to take numerous blows of internal or external assaults before succumbing to the effects.
- ENHANCED COMBAT (AKA "Advanced Combat/Fighting" – "Combat Proficiency/Prowess" – "Enhanced Combat Skills" – "Enhanced Fighting Skills" – "Superior Fighting Abilities"): The ability to possess superhuman levels of hand-to-hand fighting skills and excel in various forms of combat. The user is unbelievably skilled in most known forms of fighting. They can be exceptionally proficient in the fighting traditions of a variety of cultures and become advanced with their own individual methods of close quarter combat, including martial arts (from all over the world), boxing, and wrestling. They can also become superhumanly skilled in their use of weaponry.
- NIGH OMNIPOTENCE (AKA "Edge of Omnipotence" – "Limited Omnipotence" – "Near-Supreme Power" – "Nearly Above-All" – "Semi/Near/Virtual Omnipotence"): The power to possess ultimate power, with certain limitations. Lesser version of Omnipotence. The user wields almost supreme power, but they are limited due to a certain element they're missing that limits their power and prevents them from gaining true omnipotence. Despite that missing element, the user wields unimaginable levels of power and can achieve a near-limitless number of effects with their near-omnipotent abilities.
- INDOMITABLE WILL (AKA "Determination" – "Enhanced Willpower" – "Iron Will" – "Sheer Willpower" – "Strong Will" – "Supernatural Willpower" – "Subjugation Defiance" – "Tenacity" – "The Sheer Force Of Will" – "Unbreakable Will/Spirit"): The ability to possess unusually strong willpower. The user has unnaturally strong willpower, enabling them to be immune to all forms of temptation including Subordination Manipulation, Telepathy, Mind Control and Subliminal Seduction. Through their will the user can face great physical pain and psychological trauma and will refuse to surrender no matter how much the odds are stacked against them, possibly up to the point of cheating death and pushing themselves past their own limitations.
- COSMIC MANIPULATION (AKA "Asterokinesis" – "Astronomical Manipulation" – "Cosmokinesis" – "Power Cosmic"): The power to manipulate all cosmic forces. User can create, shape and manipulate cosmic energies to produce nearly any effect they desire, including the molecular restructuring and transmutation of matter, the manipulation of matter across space and time, the creation of force fields, the creation of inter-dimensional portals and vortexes, telekinesis, and cosmic awareness. User can call upon the comets, meteors, asteroids, stars, moons, planets, nebula, quasars, and dark matter. They can generate stellar winds, solar flares, cosmic storms and invoke meteor showers. User doesn't usually actually summon a planet/celestial object or control and manipulate its movement (as that would result in it being obliterated), but they can summon and control its energy.
- COSMIC ATTACKS (AKA "Astrological Beam Emission" – "Cosmic Beams/Blasts/Bolts/Bursts/Rays"): The ability to release/use cosmic energy to various attacks. The user can release/use cosmic energy to attacks of various shapes and/or intensities, either projected, used as a part of melee attacks, etc., from huge rays of pure energy that can knock over or even obliterate dozens of targets, or slightly singe them.
- COSMIC AWARENESS: The ability or power to be aware of anything that affects the user on a universal scale. User is aware of anything that affects them on a universal scale, including threats, anything that would affect them in any way or even somebody talking about them.
- ENERGY MANIPULATION (AKA "Autokinesis" – "Dynamokinesis" – "Energybending" – "Energy Control" – "Ergokinesis"): The ability or power to manipulate energy. User can create, shape and manipulate energy, one of the basic quantitative properties describing a physical system or object's state. It can be transformed (converted) among a number of forms that may each manifest and be measurable in differing ways. The law of conservation of energy states that the (total) energy of a system can increase or decrease only by transferring it in or out of the system, thus the total energy of a system can be calculated by simple addition when it is composed of multiple non-interacting parts or has multiple distinct forms of energy. Common energy forms include the kinetic energy of a moving object, the radiant energy carried by light and other electromagnetic radiation, and various types of potential energy such as gravitational and elastic.
- TELEPATHY (AKA "Legilimency" – "Thought Casting"): The power to mentally receive and/or transmit information. Users of this power are often called Telepaths or Mind Readers. User can read/sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally and/or affect their minds/thoughts. Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind. Elena can communicate with Stefan, Damon and Bonnie non verbally, using her mental senses. However, her telepathic connection is the strongest with Stefan because he is her soulmate.
- TELEMPATHY (AKA "Empathic Telepathy" – "Tele-Empathy"): The ability or power to read minds and communicate with others with emotions. Combination of Telepathy and Empathy. User can read minds and communicate with others with emotions, receiving them from others, perceiving what others think while they feel, etc.
- GOOD SENSE (AKA "Good Awareness" – "Good Intent Sensing"): The power to identify good in oneself or others. Opposite of Evil Sense. Users are capable of recognizing the good or positive intent in themselves or others. The user can tell how much good is within others and whether they are truly a threat or not based on their sense of the amount of good.
- EVIL SENSE (AKA "Evil Awareness" – "Evil Intent Sensing"): The power to identify evil in oneself or others. Opposite of Good Sense. Users are capable of recognizing evil or negative intent in themselves or others. The user can tell how much evil is within the essence of others and decide how threatening they are based on the amount they sense.
- SOUL READING (AKA "Soul Diagnostic/Perception/Sense/Seeing"): The ability sense and read souls. The user can sense and read the souls of others, whether free (ie. dead, astral projection, etc) or in body. By reading souls, they can see/feel the being's characteristics, personality, feelings, memories, whether they even have a soul, damage others' souls have endured.
- MIND READING (AKA "Telereceive" – "Thought Reading"): The power to sense the thoughts of people. The user can sense the thoughts of other people, usually hearing them like ordinary speech, but possibly by other senses such as sight. Usually they sense the surface thoughts (including other mental communications), but they can also learn to push farther into subconscious and memories. Elena is able to read minds and thoughts of others with ease.
- WING MANIFESTATION: The ability to develop wings. User has or is able to manifest wings that grow or are attached to the body allowing flight. They may also protect from rear attacks or detach and re-grow for quick getaways. Elena has several different wings, all powers given to her from the afterlife. These are her different kinds of wings:
- WINGS OF PROTECTION are strong and, like the name, very useful for Elena to protect herself and whoever is there with her.
- WINGS OF PURIFICATION are white in colouring and can remove all sins of a person and their memories.
- WINGS OF REMEMBRANCE are violet-blue in color and can return someone's memories.
- WINGS OF REDEMPTION are rainbow-colored and can redeem people of their sins.
- WINGS OF THE WIND which are gold in color, were used to create wind and these wings helped her to fly.
- WINGS OF DESTRUCTION are used to destroy things which are obstacles or are possible dangers.
- FLIGHT: The power to fly without any outside influence. User can fly or otherwise move through the air using varying methods. Some possibilities include using one or more forms of energy, wings or similar structures, or even mimicking or becoming an animal that can fly. Users are generally able to Levitate, and Glide as well. As an angel, Elena is able to manifest her wings and take flight whenever she chooses to do so.
- SHIELD CONSTRUCTION (AKA "Shield Generation/Protrusion"): The power to create shields and shield-like objects.The user can construct shields and shield-like objects to defend themselves, which can be composed of organic or inorganic matter, energy, etc. Elena's wings of destruction are used to protect herself and anybody else that is around her from possible dangers.
- DESTRUCTION (AKA "Annihilation" – "Destruction Inducement" – "Destructive Capacity" – "Ruin" – "Ruin Inducement"): The power to unmake and destroy anything, everything and everyone to total and utter nothingness. Users with this unlimited power can destroy anything, everything and everyone, beginning with entire areas, buildings, cities, countries, states, continents, worlds, planets, dimensions, inter-dimensions, parallel worlds, solar systems, suns, stars, star systems, whole entire galaxies nebulas and universes and possibly even abstract concepts and/or natural forces/laws. Cosmic and high-level possessors of this immeasurably limitless god-like ability can literally go beyond space-time itself, thus wiping out and destroying all that exists in the entire universe and way beyond. Elena has wings of destruction which allows her to destroy anything that either surrounds her, others or allows her destroy anything that she chooses to her will.
- MEMORY MANIFESTATION (AKA "Memory Creation/Forming/Make/Summoning"): The power to manifest memories of oneself or others. The user can create almost anything as long as they can remember it well, they can create objects, events, locations, even other powers. The user can also combine memories to create something new altogether. Her wings of remembrance allow her to be able to retrieve the memories of others and restore them to others.
- MEMORY MANIPULATION (AKA "Memory Control" – "Mnemokinesis"): The power to control memories. User can control memories of oneself and others, allowing them to modify, fabricate, suppress, influence, repair, restore, erase, detect, and view them. They can change memories to confuse, wipe away certain memories to cause amnesia, discern and provoke nostalgia, and enter the victim into a psychic vision, replaying their memory.
- PURIFICATION (AKA "Morality Reset" – "Redemption" – "Redemption Inducement"): The power to remove all evil or negativity from any object or person. The user can remove the darkness or evil from a person or objects, often including demons possessing it or mind control affecting it. It can turn evil to good or merely make someone pure.
- SALVATION (AKA "Deliverance" – "Redemption" – "Soul Purification" – "Spiritual Redemption"): The power and ability to retrieve, save, and restore souls from damnation. The user has the power to save souls from sins and consequences, also one can undo Contract Bestowal. They can redeem souls and release them from condemnating influences, they can also restore damaged souls and spirits, including purification of souls.
- FORGIVENESS (AKA "Exoneration" – "Mercy" – "Redemption"): The power to give ultimate forgiveness to someone who has committed a negative act or vice. The user has the power to forgive for any sins committed and to forgive those who have wronged or betrayed the user. It is the ultimate act of forgiveness and mercy to those who may not even deserve it. The user is unable to hold grudges.
- DIVINITY (AKA "Divine Intervention" – "Divine Powers" – "Godlike Powers"): The power to have vast divine powers. The user has a vast of divine powers, either from being a divine being or via divine intervention. Note that the relative power varies by user and the source of those powers.
- SEMI-IMMORTALITY (AKA "Agelessness" – "Aging Immunity" – "Biological Immortality" – "Eternal Youth" – "Timeless Body"): The power or ability not to age. Users of this ability never age, and as a result, they stay young forever or at least never suffer the ravages of aging. Because of this, the user will always be at their physical prime. The user will also be immune to aging abilities, such as Age Acceleration or Reversal. Elena became semi immortal after she drank some special water from the Fountain of Eternal Life and Youth. This means that she will have the ability to live forever without physically aging. However, Elena could still die, although it is possible that she would also be resurrected because she is an angel.
- CLAIRVOYANCE (AKA "Mind's Sight" – "Remote Viewing" – "Second Sight" – "Telepathic Perspective"): The power to gain direct visual information through non-physical means. The user can gain a direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the user's physical sight and allows them to act when they are unable to use their eyes. Users are able to sense spiritual/psychic beings.
- CLAIRAUDIENCE: The power to hear things outside the range of normal perception. User can hear in a way that isn't connected to their physical senses, on distances beyond their normal ranges or being able to sense sounds that are beyond their normal auditory range. They may be able to hear psychic/spiritual levels/beings.
- CLAIREMPATHY: The power to detect emotional resonances from other locations and times. The user can detect emotional resonances from other locations and times. They can also perceive emotions across species, as well as from the past, the future, the spirit world and (if strong enough) the realms of the divine.
- TRUE HERO/HEROINE (AKA "Blazing/Shining/Radiant/Luminous Hero" – "Hero/Lord of Righteousness" – "Hero/Lord of the Light" – "Messiah/Redeemer/Savior" – "True Patriot/Hero/Heroine/Warrior/Soldier"): The title of who seek heroic goals such as Saving, Redeeming or Justice. Opposite of Dark Lord. Elena is an Earth Guardian who has a destiny of saving the world and destroying all forces of evil within the world. She has had this destiny since her birth and it was passed down to her through her maternal bloodline as her mother, Elizabeth, was a very powerful angel and was also a an Earth Guardian. Elena stands for peace, goodness, honour, justice and is considered to be a symbol of love, hope, and goodness. True Heroes/Heroine's are offten called by there basic name universal tittle like say true Jedi (Star Wars) or Prime (Transfomers) are powerful good beings who righteously aid and fight for lesser beings with true and just intentions and as well as courageously facing and destroying everything malevolent they fight. They possess benevolent abilities and often command loyal friends, allies and followers. These individuals also love to spread freedom, redemption and hope to others that are wrongfully enslaved by evil rulers even towards the evil rulers themselves. Anyone can be a True Hero; some are human, basically chosen ones, many have true and just nature and certain holders of the title are actually manifestations of there true, righteous, goodness that lies within themselves. True Heroes/Heroines and Dark Lord/Lordesses are famously known as the perfect enemies through out the fictional universe and reality.
- TRUE POWER (AKA "Real Power" – "Self Empowerment" – "The Final Power" – "The Hidden/Ultimate Power/Potential" – "True Inner Power" – "True Potential" – "Unbound Power/Potential"): The power to unlock the true power and potential from within oneself and things. e their abilities to the fullest and greatest extent. This allows the user to fully unlock the power that lies within their very character, granting them highly illogical feats. When the user unlocks their true power, they gain the capacity to do just about anything at the most unexplainable levels and is so potent that it's proven that if the user is ever stripped of it, it's never truly gone, but merely locked away all over again. If users unleash it again, the powers that were lost are regained, and are even more powerful then ever before depending on the faith and will of the user. Note: One's power can be either magical, scientific, divine, both, or neither, but in truth it lacks any powers based on outside forces except the user's will alone. The legend says that the true meaning of power is that sometimes it's not about mastering supernatural powers, but about mastering oneself. Basically, its means that those who know how to conquer oneself can't be conquered by anyone else. Legends also include that true power can only be found from within, just as much as that it dwells within everyone, but only a few can harness it. Also, true power is unbound by the laws of magic, science and divinity, and is independent of those forces, for true power is at it's purest capability unimaginable. The power in legends proved so powerful that it can gain and/or mimic all the traits of magical, scientific and divine properties and transcend them to the legendary capabilities. This makes the power strong enough for the user to transcend their own race and bring their abilities to their truest form.
- LOVE INDUCEMENT (AKA "Infatuation Inducement" or "Passion Inducement"): The ability or power to induce the emotion of love into others. The user can induce love into others, including the love for the user or love for another person. Effects will vary depending on the user's mental strength: Those subjected to this ability may develop a strong infatuation for somebody but will remain in control of themselves, or they may feel so much love for somebody that they have an intense desire to make them happy, becoming completely submissive to them. The effect is usually instant, but in some cases it may slowly take effect the more the victim meets the user/another.
- LIGHT INDUCEMENT (AKA "Light Incarnate" – "The Brightness"): The ability to become the embodiment of Light. Users become the living representation or personification of light along with its concepts of purity and immaculate nature. The users are able to use all of the light's powers whether holy, divine or supernatural in a different level. Users can convert this light power into an energy and use it as a full source to extend their powers or create something that becomes a weapon. As long as there is light, the user of this power will become more powerful progressively. As an angel and a Guardian, Elena is an embodiment of light. Her name 'Elena' also means 'light' or 'torch' in Greek.
- SUPERNATURAL BEAUTY (AKA "Divine Beauty" – "Flawless Beauty" – "Perfect Beauty" – "Supernatural Physical Attractiveness" – "Supreme Beauty" – "Transcendent Beauty" – "Ultimate Beauty"): The ability or power to be supremely beautiful and use it to affect others. User is supremely beautiful and use it to affect others. This power is divided into two separate but interlocking aspects: The user is always, and under any circumstances, physically, personally and socially perfect, graceful and flawless, without anything that would make them look unattractive or distract from their presence. They are perfectly aware how to increase their appeal by apparel, action or choice of words, but even these are simply details to enhance their natural appeal. For example, someone with this ability rising straight from the bed after hard nights partying and wearing rattiest possible clothes would make even best supermodel primped to perfection look homely in comparison. Secondly, user is able to affect other people, both by affecting their minds, emitting pheromones and generally being a perfect companion and/or object of admiration. At the lower level user could make complete stranger treat them like their closest friend in only a few minutes and be perfectly willing to help them in any way they need. Someone with more power could make anyone treat them like someone who is privileged to do and get anything they wish and be admired and even loved for it. At the higher level user could make people fulfill their smallest suggestion, although not against their deepest principles. At the most powerful they could simply eradicate free will, making everyone slavishly devoted to the user and willing to do anything to please them. Elena is known to be extremely physically beautiful. So much, that she has attracted every single boy that she encounters. Elena's beauty is known to be angelic and otherworldly, almost inhuman. This is because Elena is half angel.
- ENHANCED BEAUTY (AKA "Fairytale Princess Beauty" – "Storybook Beauty"): The power to be especially beautiful and use it to affect others. The user possesses a level of grace, physical beauty, sense of style and social poise above that commonly found on earth. This is the level of beauty of a storybook princess or fairy-tale prince charming, but is below the level found in goddesses of love and beauty such as Aphrodite, or heavenly beings like angels and archangels. Other possible users might include: the half-human offspring of deities and angels, certain vampires, genetically engineered human beings and even shapeshifters in their most alluring guise. Users will be able to exercise considerable social influence on others, but, unlike with Supernatural Beauty, will probably not be able to reap true super-powers from their beauty alone. Elena is known for her superior physical beauty. Her beauty has been described as otherworldly and divine by the opposite sex. She has attracted or managed to attract almost every single male that she encounters or meets.
- ENHANCED CHARISMA (AKA "Enhanced Leadership" – "Superhuman Charisma" – "Supernatural Charisma"): The ability to possess unnaturally high charisma. The user has unnaturally high charisma, or charm, enabling them to gain the trust and loyalty of others and win them over to their cause. Charisma is a trait found in certain personalities usually including extreme charm and a 'magnetic' quality of personality and/or appearance along with innate and powerfully sophisticated personal communicability and persuasiveness. Though very difficult or even impossible to define accurately, charisma is often used to describe an (elusive, even undefinable) personality trait that often includes the seemingly 'supernatural' or uncanny ability to lead, charm, persuade, inspire, and/or influence people. The user is special compared to other commonly charismatic figures as their charisma is innately formed and effective for even the most disagreeable entities and allows them to bring whole mobs of individuals to their aid.
- GUARDIANSHIP (AKA "Chosen Ones" – "The Chosen Ones" – "Guardians" – "Heroes/Heroines" – "Legacy Hero" – "Peace Keepers" – "Protectors" – "Saviours"): A title given to those who have been chosen or choose to protect a certain item, place, person, or concept, and possess or are given the powers to do so. Guardians are often those who are of noble birth or a high position of great historical or legendary importance. They have taken/been given responsibility to defend, protect and, if needed, avenge the focus of their protection, which can be an object, place, concept or person (throne/crown, village/gate/country/planet, love/good/harmony, royal heir/chosen prophet, etc.) among other things. To do this, they gain enhanced physical and mental capabilities, many additional mystical or magical abilities, and often specific weapons/tools that allow them to perform superhuman or supernatural feat to help their cause. Elena is destined to become an Earth Guardian, someone who is meant to fight and defeat all evil forces in the world on a cosmic level. This gift is passed down through her maternal bloodline, as her mother was a full blooded angel who was an Earth Guardian. In some universes, guardians do not deal with other worldly issues but issues in their own world. Guardians may need to complete a series of challenges or tasks in or to be chosen. Some guardians may play a part within a prophecy. Some guardians may posses a unique power. Some may be chosen to be guardians due to their bloodline, or heritage. Some may choose to be guardians due to their sense of justice. Some guardians may be blessed with the spirit of the chosen one before him/her. Guardians often play a key role in many lives as their actions often determine the fate of a group of people, nation, the entire world, and more. Some guardians may not be in prophecies, but still play a key factor of what is at stake. (Ex: Characters such as Mega Man X or Dante. Though they are of not legendary concepts, they are basically the center of the fate of what they stand for.)
- GUARDIAN INHERITANCE (AKA "Guardian Descendent" – "Protector Inheritance"): The power to inherit the abilities and skills of previous guardians. User inherits what the original guardian possessed; all their experiences, knowledge, abilities, powers, skills, and other features including possibly appearance, with each new generation becomeming stronger through the achievements and progress of their predecessors. Elena's mother was an Earth Guardian before she tragically died. The gift was passed down to Elena, whom eventually became an Earth Guardian herself.
- COSMIC GUARDIANSHIP (AKA "Cosmic Guardian" – "Cosmic Judge/Keeper" – "Universal Guardian/Judge/Keeper"): The ability to possess traits and abilities of a Cosmic Guardian. User is or can transform into a cosmic protector, a god like figure in many cases second only to the Supreme Creator, cosmic guardians are in charge of preserving and sustaining the multiverse from any threat and keep it balanced. Although possessing virtually omnipotent powers, a cosmic guardian may probably not be responsible for the creation or destruction of the universe as they only act as judge and enforcer of the universal laws. A cosmic guardian is not a physiology or trait but a status which one can either be born with, or ascend to become.
- ONE-MAN ARMY (AKA "Army/Team of One" – "Implacability"): The ability to be as deadly as a vastly superior force. An advanced version of Enhanced Combat. May be the end result of Combat Empowerment. The user is able to fight against seemingly, overwhelming odds with ease. They are a capable warrior on the battlefield, decimating the enemy single-handedly and with near supernatural finesse that pars with the skill of more experienced fighters. This ability can manifest into various ways but is usually the result of extreme martial skill. Users of this ability are as deadly at long-range combat as they are in close quarter.
- OMNI-BENEVOLENCE (AKA "All-Benevolence/All-Benevolent" – "All-Good/All-Goodness" – "Perfect Benevolence" – "Perfect Goodness" – "Perfect Good/Benevolent" – "Totally Merciful" – "Transcendent Benevolence/Goodness/Perfection" – "Ultimate Goodness/Benevolence" – "Supreme Goodness/Benevolence" – "Moral Perfection" – "Infinite Goodness/Benevolence"): The power to be universally and infinitely good. Omnibenevolence ("all-goodness") is the capacity to be infinitely good, and good in every capacity that good is recognized by any sentient being in existence. There is a distinction between this power: a.) Inherent Omnibenevolence ~ the ability to perceive and adapt perfectly to fit any concept of goodness; b.) Total Omnibenevolence ~ the ability to be the perfect good, transcending any one concept of goodness. The user has the capacity for perfect and infinite goodness. In some manifestations, the user can perceive what others see as being good, and can emphatically adjust his behavior and perspectives to understand and fit that perception of goodness. However, other manifestations imply that the user has mental, emotional and spiritual access to a concept of absolute, universal goodness, which may not be understood by most mortal minds.
- OMNI SENSES (AKA "Absolute Senses" – "Cosmic Senses" – "Universal Senses"): The power to have senses enhanced to universal scale. The user is able to have all senses enhanced to universal scale able to see, smell, hear and otherwise sense everything around the universe and beyond.
- RESURRECTION (AKA "Cheating Death" – "Reversed Death" – "Revival" – "Rising from Death/Grave"): The power to bring the deceased, including oneself, back to life. Opposite power of Death Inducement.
- ESSENCE READING (AKA "Truth Sight"): The ability to perceive the true essence/nature of anything. The user can perceive the true essence/nature of anything they observe, seeing past any ability hiding a true self and allows the user to see others for what they really are. This ability is effective against opponents with incredible disguises or shapeshifting abilities, as not even their essence can be hidden from the user.
- ANGELIC AURA (AKA "Angel Aura"): The ability to surround oneself in glorious angelic energy. The user can surround themselves in glorious angelic energy. It is impressively sacred, it can also turn others into angels as well and can cause goodness.
- DIVINE AURA (AKA "Deity Aura" – "Godly Aura"): The power or ability to surround oneself in almighty divine energy. The user can surround themselves in almighty divine energy, which can cause others to submit to them.
- DIVINE PROTECTION (AKA "Holy Protection" – "Divine Shielding"): The ability to create a protected aura/shield of pure divine/godly energy which protects the user or others against corruption or malevolent entities. The user can create a protected aura/shield of pure divine/godly energy which protects the user or others against malicious energies. Their power usually comes from a holy entity or from a certain spiritual connection.
- DIVINE POWER (AKA "Divine Force Manipulation" – "Blessed Power" – "Consecrated Power" – "Hallowed Power" – "Holy Force Manipulation" – "Holy Power" – "Sacred Power" – "Sanctified Power"): The ability to manipulate context, objects, or concepts that have been deemed holy, pure, or sacred. Opposite of Demonic Force Manipulation. The user has control of anything that is symbolized as divine and holy connections to gods. They are able to manipulate sacred artifacts and relics that are connected to the gods or their power. With this, the user is completely sound, happy and complete, and considered worthy of spiritual respect, allow them to achieve feats that are impossible to be reached by mere mortals.
- DIVINE PRESENCE (AKA "Divine Aura" – "Transcendent Presence" – "The Power and The Glory"): The power to emit a transcendent presence or aura that can cause supernatural effects. The user has an aura of transcendent presence which has supernatural effects related to their divine aspect and their relative disposition:
- Supreme Transcendence: Presence of a Supreme Being.
- Negative Transcendence: Cause malefic or catastrophic events or effects to happen.
- Positive Transcendence: Cause beneficial effects on the users surroundings.
- LIGHT AURA (AKA "Photon Aura"): The ability to surround oneself in photon particles. The user of this ability can surround themselves in light energy to cause a blinding effect to everyone that sees them or any light related effect.
- GOOD EMBODIMENT (AKA "Good Incarnate/Soul" – "Source of All Good" – "The Benevous"): The power to be the embodiment of good. The user either is living embodiment of complete goodness and can manipulate anything to do with good and can use their powers to spread peace and goodness around the universe. Since good can exist anywhere the user can also be anywhere too and they have huge capabilities. Anything is possible as long as it spreads kindness, peace, love or anything else considered good. Examples include, banishment of malevolent beings/energies, bringing good luck to people/places, bringing virtues out of people and so on. Most of the time this power is used by a god, and the user is nearly impossible to overpower unless Evil Embodiment is used, even that isn't bound to win.
- VIRTUE EMBODIMENT (AKA "Fortunate Incarnate" – "Innocence Embodiment" – "Righteousness Embodiment" – "The Virtuous"): The power to become the embodiment of virtue. The user of this power can become the physical manifestation or personification of the virtues of humanity. This means that they can easily save others, protect their souls when they die and take their souls to the paradise. They could also bring back souls of the dead who are virtuous themselves.
- COMPASSION EMBODIMENT (AKA "Compassion Personification" – "Compassion Incarnate" – "Gentleness Embodiment" – "Kindness Personification" – "Kindness Incarnate" – "Tenderness Embodiment" – "The Mindful" – "The Compassionate"): The ability to become the embodiment of compassion. Users become the living embodiment of compassion and gain the ability to feed off of the compassion of everyone and everything including themselves. Users can convert compassion into energy and use it as a full source to extend their own life span or as a weapon. They may never age and may be immune to death unless certain conditions are met.
- EVIL IMMUNITY (AKA "Evil Invulnerability"): The ability to be immune to anything evil. Opposite to Good Immunity. The user is immune to anything that can be considered evil, including all evil influences, activities, beings and essences. Nothing evil will be able to affect them, although things that are neutral, or not associated with good nor evil can still harm user.
- REALITY WARPING (AKA "Essokinesis" – "Factual Manipulation" – "Reality Alteration, Bending, Control, Distortion, Manipulation"): The ability to manipulate reality. Users can create, change, destroy, or even alter reality just by thinking about it; while weaker users are limited to what is already considered "real", stronger ones can make changes from nothing. Depending on the power of a reality warper, they may alter something as tangible as physics to something inconceivable like logic.
- OMNIPATHY (AKA "Cosmic Telepathy"): The ability and power to read/sense, communicate with and/or affect billions of minds at once. Ultimate form of Telepathy. User can read/sense thoughts, communicate with them mentally and/or affect the minds/thoughts of billions subjects at once over vast range. Highly advanced omnipaths are able to locate a user of Psychic Shield via seeing them in the minds of those around them. If Elena focuses, she is able to communicate telepathically with many different people all at once.
- ELEMENTAL MANIPULATION (AKA "Bending Arts" – "Elemental Arts/Control/Force" – "Elementalism" – "Kinetics"): The ability to manipulate the elements. User can manipulate, shape and create the basic elements of nature (earth, water, air, fire). Literally meaning to "Change Molecules", users of Elemental Manipulation are very rare and powerful. Capabilities may include moving, altering, and mixing existing elements or pull atoms together and create one atom from many others. Due to their many similarities Telekinesis and Elemental Manipulation are often confused. Elemental Manipulation is the parent ability and power for many other elemental-based abilities and powers including Water Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Air Manipulation and many others, while Telekinesis is the ability to control energy and matter using pure psychic energy.
- EARTH MANIPULATION (AKA "Earthbending" – "Earth Release/Doton" – "Geokinesis" – "Terrakinesis"): The power to manipulate earth, including sand, stone, rock, lava, dirt, glass, metal, and other minerals. User can create, shape and manipulate any "Earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all minerals and mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc.
- WATER MANIPULATION (AKA "Aquakinesis" – "Hydrokinesis" – "Water Control" – "Water Release" – "Waterbending"): The power to manipulate water. User can create, shape and manipulate water, inorganic compound with liquid, gas (steam, water vapour), and solid (ice) states, including changing them from one state to other.
- AIR MANIPULATION (AKA "Aerokinesis" – "Air Control" – "Airbending" – "Anemokinesis" – "Atmosphere Control/Manipulation" – "Atmospheric Gas Manipulation" – "Spirarekinesis" – "Wind Control/Manipulation" – "Wind Release/Fūton"): The ability or power to manipulate air. User can create, shape and manipulate air, common name given to the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds (mostly oxygen and nitrogen) surrounding the planet Earth that is retained by Earth's gravity, and wind, movement of air relative to the surface of the planet. It is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather, and the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure, and include breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, zephyrs, gales, tempests, and hurricanes. Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge.
- FIRE MANIPULATION (AKA Agnikinesis, Fire Control/Release, Firebending, Flame Control/Manipulation, Ignikinesis, or Pyrokinesis) - The ability or power to manipulate fire. Users can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.
- TIME MANIPULATION (AKA "Chrono Control/Force" – "Chronokinesis" – "Fourth Dimension Manipulation" – "Temporal Control/Manipulation" – "Time/Temporal Control/Warping"): The ability to manipulate time. The user can manipulate the time in general area or a specific target in various manners, the basics revolving around accelerating, slowing, stopping and even rewinding or looping. The range of area affected is proportional to the mastery of the user, with top levels can affect the entire space and time continuum. Since "time" exists and flows within "space", the two are interrelated, and by manipulating time, one is basically distorting space proportionally. The effects of this relative distortion can vary, such as controlling time of a mere object or person may not affect the space they reside in, but to twist the time-stream of a region of space can cause the area itself to warp. Due to time existing in one space, manipulating it cannot affect another dimension. Elena, like other guardians, can go back in time, causing the resurrection of the dead, memory loss, and physical restoration of the damage.
- TELEKINESIS (AKA "Mind-Over-Matter" – "Mind Power" – "Object Manipulation" – "PK" – "Psychokinesis" – "TK"): The power to manipulate objects with the mind. User can influence/manipulate/move matter with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
- ASTRAL PROJECTION (AKA "Lucid Dreaming" – "Astral Form" – "Astral Transport" – "Astral Travel"): The power to separate one's spirit from one's body. User can separate their spirit from the body by entering a trance, gaining access of travel to the Astral Plane. Experienced individuals may control both the Astral and Corporeal presences.
- EXRA SENSORY PERCEPTION (AKA "Enhanced Intuition" – "ESP" – "Sixth Sense" – "Telegnosis"): The ability to acquire information by means independent of any known senses or previous experience. The user can instantly learn whatever they wish. This applies to any and all kinds of information, knowledge, wisdom, experience, etc. Information can be either personal (memories, thoughts, etc.) or impersonal (academic knowledge, data, etc.). This ability can be used passively (as an instinctual reaction) or actively (by wanting to know specific information).
- EMPATHIC HEALING (AKA "Emotional Healing"): The power to heal others' emotional wounds and/or burdens. Combination of Empathy and Healing. The user can heal others' emotional wounds and/or burdens, but the pain of the injury will also carry over to the user in terms of psychic pain. This power offers a comfortable touch and a healing means that is otherwise beyond the ones that heal physical injuries, since they lack the power to heal emotions.
- MENTAL HEALING (AKA "Mental Curing/Restoration" – "Mind Healing/Curing/Restoration" – "Trauma Healing"): The power to heal mental shifts and illness. The user can heal mental illnesses, disorders and other forms of mental trauma, to their healthy state and reverse the effects of mental tampering, such as mind control or memory loss.
- DANGER INTUITION (AKA "Danger Detection/Reacting/Sense/Sensing" – "Gut Feeling" – "Hazard Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing" – "Intent Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing" – "Instincts" – "Sixth Sense" – "Spider/Spidey-Sense" – "The Willies" – "Threat Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing"): The power to detect impending threats. The user can sense nearing dangers and sense unwanted or hectic threats to their well-being, acute danger, potential immediate danger, evade danger, and impending danger. The intuition usually regards themselves, but may include their surroundings (a distant car-wreck).
- POWER VIA BLOOD (AKA "Blood Power" – "Magical Blood"): The power to gain abilities from a special type of blood in the bloodstream. The blood of the user may have mystical, cosmic or any type of special properties granting powers to the user. The abilities can come from the blood type, ex: flammable blood may give fire manipulation, acidic blood may give acid manipulation or healing blood may give healing skills. Elena's blood gives supernatural beings, especially vampires, extra power and makes supernatural beings more powerful and stronger.
- POISONOUS BLOOD (AKA "Hazardous Blood" – "Tainted Blood" – "Toxic Blood" – "Venomous Blood" – "Viperous Blood" – "Biological Defence"): The power to have blood which contains toxic substances. The user has poisons in their blood which the user can use against their opponent or when threatened. They can choose to release their poisonous blood when physically cutting themselves to ooze of their blood. If someone where to touch via skin contact or inhale the smell of this blood, the person will severely damage their internal organs and literally causes skin to be infected. Elena's angelic blood is so powerful and potent that it is able to kill the most dangerous and powerful supernatural beings and creatures in the world, including the Old Ones.
- VAMPIRIC TOXICITY (AKA "Vampirism Immunity"): The ability to possess blood that is toxic to vampiric entities. The user possesses blood that is toxic to vampiric entities that renders them immune to vampirism and can effect or kills any vampiric being that comes in contact with their blood. Elena has special blood that kills the oldest vampires in the world, also known as The Old Ones.
- SACRED BLOOD: Elena's blood is the ultimate weapon to destroy all the evil creatures of the universe. It's the only thing that can destroy the Old Ones, and prevent their resurrection.
- HEALING BLOOD (AKA "Miracle Blood" – "Regenerating Blood"): The power to have blood with healing properties. User has healing type blood, that they can use to heal others, and keep themselves constantly healed.
- MAGICAL TEARS (AKA "Magical Lacramentation" – "Mystical Lacramentation" – "Mystical Tears"): The ability or power to cry tears that have magical properties. Users tear-drops are magical and can do various things, the most common forms have sentient tear drops, and some users can heal with their tears. When Stefan was locked in a horrible prison in the Dark Dimension, Elena had visited Stefan in spirit form so that she could see him. Elena cried over Stefan's horrible condition. Her tears fell on him and started to heal Stefan and replenish his strength.
- HEALING TEARS: The power to cry tears that have healing properties. The user has tears that can heal any wound it touches. They can heal any living being including humans, animals, plants, etc. If the healing properties in the tears are potent enough, the user can cure poison and diseases and even revive the dead by crying on them.
- HOLY FIRE MANIPULATION (AKA "Angelic Fire" – "Fresh Fire" – "God's Fire" – "Gragon Flame" – "Hagio-Ignikinesis" – "Hagio-Pyrokinesis" – "Sacred Fire" – "Sancti-Ignikinesis" – "Sancti-Pyrokinesis"): The power to manipulate holy flames, which embodies the purifying aspect of fire. Variation of Divine Element Manipulation. Combination of Divine Force Manipulation and Fire Manipulation. Opposite to Hell-Fire Manipulation. Not to be confused with White Fire Manipulation. The user can create, shape and manipulate holy flames, which are especially effective against demons and other evil beings and are inextinguishable by normal means. It may also trap and/or immobilize angels or demons, rather than killing them outright. The color of the flames varies, but usually blue, white, or the normal if light shades of fire. Some flames can have different properties and abilities such as summoning spirits of the deceased back to the world of the living. Very strong or high level users could obtain or gain the ability of Resurrection via Summoning the deceased and/or Angels from Heaven.
- BANISHMENT (AKA "Begone!" – "Forced Exile" – "Induced Exile" – "Reverse-Summoning" – "Tuning"): The power to banish an object or being from a specific place. Opposite to Summoning. The user can banish an object or being from a specific place to either a certain place/area they choose or into the area the target is most connected, in case of summoned beings their home plane of existence.
Throughout The SeriesEdit
Elena returned to Fells Church from France with her Aunt Judith and Margaret, her little sister. On the first day of school, she found herself being watched by a crow sitting in a tree. It spooked her and creeped her out so she threw a rock at it and it flew away. At school, she was greeted by Meredith Sulez, Bonnie McCullough, Caroline Forbes, and a group of others just as a Porsche drove into the compound. The driver was a handsome youth who immediately caught the eye of every girl in sight, including Elena, who had a boyfriend already, Matt Honeycutt. Elena Gilbert starts her senior year of school at Robert E. Lee High with her friends, Meredith, Bonnie, Caroline, and Matt. Caroline promptly becomes competition with Elena for the position of most popular girl of Robert E. Lee High. A young, drop dead gorgeous, handsome, foreign and new Italian boy named Stefan Salvatore (who is secretly a five centuries old immortal who has the physical appearance of a 17/18 year old teenager), also enrolls. Elena feels an intense, indescribable, passionate and immediate connection with Stefan the very moment she sees him. All the girls (including Meredith, Bonnie and Caroline) within the entire school want to attract his attention and desire for him to be their suitor, but Stefan brushes them all off, including Elena. This deeply shocks and hurts Elena, who has never been brushed off by a boy before. At first, Stefan is seen to be guarded, quiet and shy, however, he eventually opens up and lets his guard down. Stefan begins to develop a friendship with Matt Honeycutt and he joins the high school football team alongside Matt (who plays the position of quarterback) and Tyler Smallwood (who is a tackler), playing the position of wide receiver on the team. Because of Stefan's excellent and highly impressive football skills, Stefan becomes popular with the guys on his football team and gains much admiration and respect from his teammates, including Matt. Meanwhile, several mysterious and frightening events occur in Fell's Church. A large crow exhibits un-birdlike behavior. Elena and her friends feel a threatening force that causes them to flee from the town's old cemetery, and Elena loses her hair ribbon in the flight. A homeless man is attacked and partially drained of blood. Stefan experiences fugue states and fears that he has been attacking people during them, even though he has no memory of doing so when he awakes. Elena devises various schemes to gain the attention of Stefan, but Stefan avoids her for his own personal reasons. Stefan does this because he is highly overwhelmed by the immediate, intense connection he has with Elena He also avoids her because Elena reminds him of his past love Katherine, who had "died" centuries ago. Aside from those reasons, Stefan also avoids Elena at first because he is highly tempted to drink her blood. Elena finally corners Stefan at the Homecoming Dance. She believes he will be unable to refuse her invitation to dance with her, the Homecoming Queen. However, Stefan's date for the evening is Caroline, who foils Elena's plan. To show she is not deeply hurt by the situation with Stefan and Caroline, Elena leaves the dance with two arrogant jocks, Tyler Smallwood and his friend Dick Carter, two boys who are on the football team and who are amongst the very few on the football team to be hostile towards Stefan in the past out of envy. Another girl, Vickie Bennett, goes with them. The four go to the cemetery to deface the funerary statues of Honoria Fell and Thomas Fell. Elena perceives one statue moving and revealing an empty space beneath, but no one else shares her vision. A drunken Tyler sexually harasses and assaults Elena. Stefan appears and rescues Elena by beating up Tyler. Stefan takes her to his room at the boarding house so that she can clean up before he drives her home. Elena confronts Stefan to ask why he has been avoiding her. His responses are evasive, but they lock hands and then kiss, at which point Elena is certain that she has found her romantic destiny. When Stefan drives Elena home, she learns that Vickie has been found wandering on the road, scratched and raving about having been attacked by some supernatural force. To Elena's confusion, Stefan then seems to draw away from her emotionally. The next day, Stefan tries to distance himself from Elena out of hesitance and fear, but she refuses to let him do so under any circumstances. Without his knowing, she opens a small casket on Stefan's dresser and finds the hair ribbon she lost when fleeing from the cemetery the first week of school. This convinces her that he has secretly loved her since the very beginning. She writes about the hair ribbon and the romance in her diary, also noting that Stefan still seems to be hiding something from her. Elena, Bonnie, and Meredith plan the school's Haunted House for Halloween. The lights go off and a seductive college-aged boy enters. He nearly persuades (and Influences) Elena to kiss him despite her deep and strong love for Stefan. When she refuses, he says he may finally have found the girl he has been looking for. Then he disappears. Elena brings her diary to a slumber party with Meredith and Bonnie. They hold a dumb supper at which Elena invites her future husband to enter Bonnie's house. She does not see Stefan, but the seductive college-aged boy appears.
He quotes love poetry and tries to kiss Elena. Elena's head swims and she nearly succumbs, but she manages to resist. The boy reacts with anger but leaves when Elena asks him to do so. Elena then learns that Bonnie's dog has unexpectedly died during the dumb supper and that her diary has been stolen. Over the next few weeks, Elena becomes more concerned at how Stefan seems to be drawing subtly away from her and keeping secrets. For example, he is wearing an objection a chain around his neck, hidden underneath his clothing, and he refuses to talk about it. He appears haunted and sad. Elena is determined to bring them back together as one and persuade Stefan to trust her completely. Because Stefan confronted their European History teacher, Mr. Tanner, on the first day of school and corrected him about how teenagers behaved during the Renaissance, Elena plans to wear a Renaissance ball gown as her Halloween costume. She believes this will overcome Stefan's resistance to her. Much to her distress, however, Stefan's reaction to seeing her in the dress is shock. During the Haunted House, Mr. Tanner's given the role of Bloody Corpse. This requires him to be covered with fake blood with a knife lying nearby; he is supposed to sit up unexpectedly to frighten visitors. When Bonnie leads visitors to see the Bloody Corpse, however, she finds that Mr. Tanner is actually dead and covered with blood. A panic results. Tyler tells everyone that the murderer is probably Stefan Salvatore because the strange violence in Fell's Church began at the time that Stefan arrived in town. This spurious logic turns the crowd into a mob. Elena passes a warning to Stefan through Matt, and Stefan flees back to the boarding house to prepare to leave Fell’s Church. Elena follows him and finds Stefan on the roof of the boarding house with blood smeared on his lips, his fangs extended, and dead birds at his feet. In her shock, she falls off the roof, but Stefan leaps after her and catches her in mid-descent. Elena is unhurt. Elena demands explanations at last. Stefan tells her he became a vampire when he and Damon both pressed Katherine to marry them. Katherine told them that she would make her choice between them, and that night she came to Stefan's bed and turned him into a vampire. Stefan believed he had been chosen. The next day, however, she told Stefan and Damon that she had gone to both their beds and turned them both into vampires. She gave each a ring and told them she expected they would all live happily ever after as a threesome. Stefan and Damon rejected Katherine's plan and demanded that she chooses between them. Katherine fled in tears. The next day, they found her empty dress in the garden and ashes in the dress. A note nearby told them that she had taken off her lapis lazuli ring to commit suicide and thereby bring the brothers back together. Distraught and blaming each other, Stefan and Damon then dueled with swords. Damon stabbed Stefan through the heart. When Stefan fell and Damon bent over him, Stefan stabbed Damon fatally. Both brothers were thereby locked permanently into their vampire state. Stefan was buried with Katherine's ring and besides Damon. When both woke, they separated in fear and confusion. Stefan lived on animal blood in the streets of Florence until Damon, who had become a powerful mercenary soldier, returned and threatened to kill him unless he left. They saw each other intermittently since that time, with Damon invariably threatening to kill Stefan. Stefan also explains to Elena that vampire have Powers that include the ability to influence and read minds, the ability to turn into animals, and the ability to influence the weather. Damon drinks tons of human blood and so, is much more powerful than Stefan, who tries to lead a moral existence by drinking a strict animal blood diet. Lapis lazuli protects vampires from sunlight. The mysterious object Stefan wears on a silver chain around his neck is revealed to be Katherine's ring. Elena assures a guilt-ridden Stefan that he is not at all responsible for Katherine's death or Damon's death and transformation. She also convinces Stefan that he is not responsible for the violence and unexplained killings in Fell's Church as he had feared. She now is able to identify Damon as the seductive college-aged boy who nearly persuaded her to kiss him. Since Damon is in Fell's Church and has an evil agenda, Elena concludes Damon must be responsible for the violence. He has not shown himself because he has been trying to make Stefan blame himself and feel guilty for things he did not do. Stefan finds Elena's argument rather convincing. Over Stefan's objections, Elena then persuades Stefan to drink her blood to erase the last boundary between them. After returning Elena to her home, Stefan goes to the woods and uses his Power to call Damon, who appears. Damon admits to killing Mr. Tanner without any regret, remorse or guilt and tells Stefan that he must abandon Elena to Damon, who wants her for himself. Stefan refuses. Damon attacks Stefan viciously and drinks his blood against his will, a process that is extremely painful. When Damon releases Stefan, Stefan attempts to stagger back to his car but is attacked again from behind, after which he falls unconscious. The next day, Elena discovers that Stefan has disappeared and is nowhere to be found. Extremely furious and certain of who should be blamed, she goes to the cemetery and shouts Damon's name to summon him. Here, the book ends.
The Struggle begins with Elena standing in the cemetery shouting for Damon to answer her. When he appears, she accuses him of being responsible for the disappearance of his brother, Stefan. Damon urges her to forget Stefan and uses his strong Powers to try to persuade her to become his. When he fails, he promises Elena that she will be his before winter and leaves. As a parting shot, he tells her that he killed Stefan the night before. Unconvinced that Stefan is dead and strongly determined, Elena sets out to find Stefan no matter what. She nearly freezes in the snowstorm that Damon has called up with his Powers, but she is rescued by both Bonnie and Meredith. Bonnie uses her strong psychic powers to determine that Stefan is still alive but is located in a place that is always dark and wet. Having guessed that this location is a well on the abandoned Old Rancher place, Matt and the girls set out to rescue Stefan. They succeed, but Stefan is near death from his ordeal. While the other three set out to find medical help, the medical help being Bonnie's older sister, Mary, Elena insists that Stefan drink her blood to help strengthen him and restore him. Stefan at first refuses, but then eventually gives in and drinks Elena's blood. Elena's blood loss causes her to become unusually tired, but she recovers soon. Stefan cannot remember who attacked him, but Elena is sure it was Damon. When Elena returns to school, the replacement European History teacher is Alaric Saltzman, whose first act is to encourage all the students to talk about their recent terrifying experiences to get their feelings out. Stefan is suspicious of this un-teacherly behavior. Alaric invites all the students to a get-together at his house in the evening. Elena and Stefan show up, but when Elena leaves Stefan to find food, she runs into Damon, who is there in the guise of “Damon Smith,” a college student on vacation who is a friend of Sue Carson, one of Elena's fellow students. Stefan and Damon have a confrontation that Elena interrupts when she fears that Damon's goal is simply to make Stefan seem irrationally violent (and therefore Mr. Tanner's murderer). In leaving the house, however, Elena finds a slip of violet paper in her purse with a line from her stolen diary. Elena warns Bonnie and Meredith that “Damon Smith” is the murderer, although she will not tell them why she believes this. Meanwhile, Vickie Bennett has returned to school, but she behaves irrationally by undressing in the cafeteria and then accusing Elena of being evil. Stefan and Matt have disappeared to hunt for vervain, a plant that interferes with a vampire's ability to control or influence others' mind against their will. Elena spends a night at Bonnie's house where she dreams pleasurably about dancing with Damon. She wakes abruptly to find a crow in the room and vampire marks on her neck, and she realizes that she invited Damon into Bonnie's house during the dumb supper. Elena realizes that Damon had bit her and taken her blood against her wills while she had been sleeping. When she returns home, Stefan is there with the vervain that will protect her—afew hours too late. She does not tell Stefan about her experience with Damon because she wants to avoid a confrontation among Stefan and Damon that she is sure Stefan, with his weaker powers, will lose. Elena and the other girls set out to find the diary thief. Despite Elena's initial inclination to blame Damon, they identify Caroline Forbes as the culprit. Elena follows Caroline at lunch into a deserted schoolroom where she overhears Caroline and Tyler discuss how to use the diary against Stefan and Elena. Their plan is to wait until Elena is chosen to play “The Spirit of Fell's Church” during the annual Founder's Day ceremony. Caroline will also be chosen to play a role. At that time, she will walk on stage and read Elena's diary aloud to the crowd. Caroline and Tyler believe that Elena's statement in her diary that Stefan took her ribbon from the cemetery on the day the homeless man was attacked will suffice to prove to the police that Stefan is the murderer. Elena, Meredith, and Bonnie decide to burgle Caroline's house to retrieve the diary before she can use it on Founder's Day. When Caroline and her family return home, they are forced to flee without having found anything more than Caroline's diary. Elena, however, is unable to reach the door in time and ends up on a second-floor balcony. Damon, who has been lurking on the roof, pulls her up to avoid detection. Once again, he suggests to Elena that she would be better off with him than with Stefan. Once again, she rejects him. This time, the vervain defeats Damon's attempt to influence her with his Powers. Damon tells Elena that if she would give him some of her blood, he would get the diary back. Elena jumps off the roof to show Damon that she would rather be dead than endure his presence. Damon rescues her before she falls to her death. He then jumps with her to the ground. After telling her that he has done a favor and will collect the next time he sees her, he shifts to crow form and flies away. Elena's Aunt Judith prepares a mock Thanksgiving dinner a week before the real Thanksgiving to ensure nothing goes wrong. Elena invites Matt and Bonnie as her guests. Aunt Judith's fiancé, Robert Maxwell, also appears and brings “Damon Smith” as his guest. When Elena's little sister Margaret Gilbert appears with her new white kitten, Elena seizes the kitten and sticks it into Damon's face, knowing that animals often sense a vampire's nature and become hostile. The kitten hisses and spits before fleeing the room, leaving everyone to wonder why Elena is thrusting cats into guests' face. After dinner, Damon leaves, but Elena knows that he has the now gained an invitation to her house and can return whenever he pleases. She is about to ask Stefan for help despite her fear that he will confront Damon and lose the fight when she realizes that her house was actually built in two parts: a first part before the Civil War and a second part afterwards. Although Damon was invited into one part, her bedroom is in the other. Damon shows up as Elena expected, but when he is unable to enter her room, he threatens to enter Margaret's room instead. Elena leaves her room to protect her little sister. Elena wakes up the next morning in her bedroom. She is surprised that Damon has not turned her into a vampire, but she is weak and dizzy from blood loss. When she sees Stefan later, she confesses to him that Caroline plans to use her diary against Stefan. Stefan, who's been wondering why Elena has been so worried, is relieved that she is not rejecting him because of his vampire nature. He refuses to leave town and says that he and Elena will face the situation together. He then drinks her blood again. Afterwards, he proposes to Elena and offers her Katherine's ring. She accepts but says that the engagement must be kept secret because she is still 17 and Aunt Judith thinks that Stefan has been a bad influence on Elena. Elena has now lost quite a bit of blood and, on several occasions, drunk the blood of Stefan (or Damon) in exchange. As a result, she is somewhat dazed during the Founder's Day ceremony. The latest plan is that Elena's friends will steal the diary back from Caroline because she will not be able to carry it in her nineteenth-century costume, but Caroline foils them by obtaining her reticule early and bringing the diary with her. When Caroline pulls out the diary to read on stage, though, she finds she brought her own diary and not Elena's. Elena spots Damon in the audience and realizes that he has saved her and Stefan by substituting the diaries. She goes to ask him his motive and refuses to believe him when he says “for my own purposes.” Aunt Judith arrives and encourages Elena and Damon to spend more time together. Believing that Damon is influencing Aunt Judith, Elena becomes angry. She tells Damon she is marrying Stefan and shows him Katherine's ring on her finger, at which point Damon becomes angry and leaves. Assumed to be under Damon's influence, Aunt Judith forbids Elena to marry Stefan, and Elena takes Matt's car to the boarding house to find Stefan. She returns when she cannot find him, but she feels the presence of evil in the brewing storm, and she spots a large white owl chasing her. She screams at Damon to leave her alone, but she drives off Wickery Bridge while speeding to safety. She then drowns. Meanwhile, Stefan is confronting Tyler, Caroline, and several of Tyler's bulky friends in a Quonset hut. When Bonnie and Meredith find him, Bonnie abruptly has a psychic realization that Elena is drowning at Wickery Bridge. She, Meredith, and Stefan race to save her but are much too late. Stefan sends Bonnie and Meredith to go to find the police. Devastated and deeply anguished by Elena's unexpectedly death, Stefan sets out to commit suicide to end his extreme grief and suffering. First, Stefan returns to the Quonset Hut and drains all the boys to the point of unconsciousness (although he doesn't kill any of them). Stefan then uses his new Powers, due to drinking an excessive amount of human blood, to turn into a falcon and find Damon. Stating that Damon made a mistake in not killing him and Elena together, Stefan attacks. The fight is interrupted, however, when Elena wakes up in a state of great confusion and arrives to save the brother she is now sure she loves: Damon.
When Elena Gilbert wakes up and enters the clearing where her new fiancé, Stefan, is fighting to kill his brother Damon because he believes Damon killed Elena, Stefan is at first unbelieving. He then realizes that Elena is not miraculously alive but has instead been transformed into a vampire because Stefan fed Elena his blood to strengthen her after him drinking from her. For her part, Elena is extremely confused because of her transformation and therefore, suffers from a loss of memory and amnesia. Elena does not recognize Stefan at first and believes that she is in love with Damon instead. She viciously attacks Stefan because he has been fighting with Damon, and Stefan prepares to let Elena kill him, believing that the Elena whom he deeply loved is gone forever. Instead, Damon pulls Elena off Stefan and questions her until clearly Elena has lost large portions of her memory and is therefore, not rational. Damon then suggests to Stefan that they wait until Elena recovers before they take her attitude about Damon seriously. Damon also says that Elena's confusion is due to the fact she did not have quite enough vampire blood to make the transition successfully, and she needs to drink human blood soon or she will die. The three return to the school, where Stefan lays out the situation to his friend, Matt. Matt is shocked by the news that his best friend and ex-girlfriend are all vampires, but he volunteers his blood to Elena. After Elena drinks from Matt, Damon takes her to the attic of Alaric to sleep and complete the transition. He leaves her diary, which he had retrieved from the house of Caroline Forbes, with her. Meanwhile, Stefan and Matt go to the Quonset Hut, where Stefan influences his victims to forget about him. Matt is shocked at the sight of the violence that his best friend has wrought and extremely shocked, disappointed and disillusioned when Stefan refuses to apologize for it. Elena wakes up a few days later. She overhears Alaric talking below to the high school principle about vampire hunting. Returning to the attic, she reads her diary and recovers her memories. When she is able, she makes her way to the church, where most Fell's Church's inhabitants are holding her funeral even though her body has disappeared. Elena watches unseen from the church loft as Meredith makes a speech about how she and Elena used to do homework together. Elena realizes that the speech is a message to her from Meredith because the facts Meredith are describing never happened. Elena concludes Meredith knows that she is not dead. Stefan and Damon show up at the loft. When the funeral concludes, many pets in Fell's Church suddenly turn up in the parking lot and attack the mourners as they are leaving. Stefan goes to help. Elena urges Damon to join them, although he is very reluctant to do so. Damon agrees at last to help as well, but at that point, the animal attack is ending. When Stefan returns, Elena asks Damon and Stefan to work with her to help protect Fell's Church from the mysterious Other Power who killed her and caused the animal attack. She no longer believes that Damon was responsible. Damon agrees. Stefan is more reluctant at first but eventually agrees it's not Damon either as well. Elena goes to Meredith's house. Meredith is startled to see Elena because she only half-believed that Elena was alive. Bonnie arrives and is delighted to see Elena. Elena enlists them into her plan to hunt down the Other Power and save Fell's Church.
Bonnie performs a magic ritual that says they can win their fight if they all stick together and are prepared to make sacrifices. Stefan watches Alaric suspiciously at school and resents that he is there while Elena is staying in the barn of his landlady, Mrs. Flowers, and possibly seeing Damon. He attempts to speak to Matt, but Matt has persuaded himself that Elena is dead and there are no vampires. Matt shoves Stefan away and leaves. Elena visits her home and sees the white kitten about to attack her little sister Margaret Gilbert in her sleep. Elena wakes Margaret up, and the kitten runs away. Elena promises to watch over Margaret from afar. Alaric holds another student meeting at his house. Bonnie and Meredith attend, while Damon and Elena are in the attic listening. When Meredith leads Alaric upstairs, Alaric brings a gun for protection and points it at Damon. Damon takes away the gun, which has wooden bullets. Alaric notices Stefan's absence and warns Damon and Elena that some of the parents of the teenagers that Stefan had attacked in the Quonset hut intended to lynch Stefan because Alaric had hypnotized Caroline, who had identified Stefan Salvatore as their attacker. Elena and Damon go to Stefan's rescue. Damon can travel faster as a crow and arrives just in time to shift into wolf form and protect Stefan from being staked. He is not able to evade being shot in turn, but Elena arrives and knocks the gun away before it can actually be fired. Alaric, Bonnie, and Meredith then arrive. Alaric tells the armed men that Caroline's hypnosis sessions are not finished and she is confused, and Meredith asks Caroline if the attacker might have been Damon. Caroline is unsure, and the mob breaks up muttering. Alaric explains to Stefan, Damon, Elena, and Bonnie that he is a graduate student specializing in parapsychology. In the past, he met Meredith's grandfather, who is a vampire victim who went insane and is now in a mental institution. He agrees to help with Elena's project to save Fell's Church. The high school is about to hold a dance, and Stefan and Elena believe that the Other Power will attack then. When Stefan and Damon leave, Elena reminds Damon about his victim, Vickie Bennett. Damon says he doesn't know her. When Elena implies he is lying, Damon storms off. Stefan then tells Elena that Matt is unwilling to talk to him but he might be willing to talk to her. Elena goes to visit Matt and finds him in bed. When she wakes him up and he realizes she really has not died, he offers her his blood. Elena accepts it, believing that this is Stefan's gift to her. Matt also agrees to join in the battle to save Fell's Church. When the dance begins, no attack happens. Bonnie performs a ritual to find when and where the attack will take place. Accompanied with the others, she walks in a trance to the ruined church in the old cemetery, where she points at the funerary statues of Honoria Fell and Thomas Fell. Elena remembers her previous vision that the statues move, and Stefan and Damon lift the tomb lid to find an opening to a crypt. Everyone descends into the crypt, where the ghost of Honoria Fell appears. Honoria Fell explains that she was a witch when she lived and that she has been the guardian spirit of Fell's Church since her death. She tells Bonnie that she can take away Bonnie's psychic powers, but Bonnie bravely decides to keep them. Honoria Fell warns everyone that she has done all she can to help them and that the coming battle is theirs, and then she fades away to her final rest. At this point, a white tiger walks through a hole in the crypt wall and attacks. Elena at first believes the white tiger is Damon, but then a wolf appears to attack the tiger and she realizes that Damon is not the tiger but the wolf. Stefan helps in the fight by shining a flashlight in the tiger's eye. The humans escape while the tiger defeats the wolf and then knocks Stefan and Elena unconscious. Elena wakes up to find herself tied to the bars of a grate next to Stefan and Damon. She sees a woman looking like her and identifies the woman as Katherine. Katherine explains that she faked her own death to make Stefan and Damon feel guilt and remorse for what had happened many centuries ago. She was angry when they did not respond as she had expected, and she went back to Klaus, the vampire who had changed her. Eventually she decided to get revenge on Stefan and Damon, and she had influenced them to come to Fell's Church so that they could see Elena and feel extremely guilty. She had not expected them to fall in love with Elena. Elena realizes that Katherine is insane. Katherine admits to killing Bonnie's dog, attacking Vickie and the homeless man, killing Elena, and doing almost all the things for which Stefan and Elena blamed Damon. Katherine also took the shape of a white kitten to invade Elena's home. In his attempts to persuade Katherine to let at least Elena and Damon go to spare their lives, Stefan says he feels extremely guilty for having killed his brother and damning him. Damon listens intently. When Katherine offers to kill Stefan and Elena and let Damon go, Damon rejects her. Katherine physically attacks him and knocks the others unconscious again. Elena and Stefan wake again at dawn. Damon remains unconscious. Katherine explains that she has taken all their lapis lazuli rings away and that she plans to burn them alive in the sunlight. Elena wrenches free and leaps for Katherine, tearing her lapis lazuli necklace away, but the two fall together in the patch of growing sunlight. Katherine, as an old vampire, bursts into flame and then falls into ash. Elena, being a newly turned vampire, simply dies. Stefan is able to pull her from the sunlight long enough for Elena to say farewell to both Stefan and Damon, who regains consciousness. Before her death, Elena requires Stefan and Damon to promise to look after each other. With Katherine's death, the animals stop attacking. In a postscript, Bonnie starts to keep her own diary. She states that Damon disappeared shortly after Elena's (second) funeral, and she and the others drove Stefan to the airport. Meredith and Alaric are talking about getting married. Matt punched Tyler when he said something improper about Elena. Bonnie sums up Elena's character, and wraps up the trilogy, by saying Elena was not perfect but in the end was unselfish enough to die to save the entire town of Fell's Church.
Six months after Elena's death, Bonnie had a dream about herself and Elena having a tea party:
"Bonnie commented on Elena's fancy hairstyle and Elena replied that hair was important, and that blood is important too. Elena offered Bonnie some tea and took a bit of her sandwich, but her teeth became covered in mud, with mud oozing out of the sandwich and falling on the tablecloth. Bonnie was horrified at first as Elena's voice and appearance started to change.
She attempted to get away as the surroundings changed, but Elena called to her, pleading that Bonnie had to use a spell to contact someone and that Elena already told her the ingredients. Elena tries to tell Bonnie that someone is trying to control and change the dream, but she wasn't as strong as him. Bonnie tries to call to Elena as she drifts away, but wakes up". At Meredith's birthday, Bonnie tells Caroline Forbes, Meredith Sulez, Sue Carson and Vickie Bennett about her dream and they decide to try and contact Elena with an Ouija Board. Elena warned the groups that danger was in the house and that they had to leave. They hastened to do so, but in the midst of the chaos, Sue was killed. Elena orders that Bonnie and her friends get Stefan to come back to Fells Church immediately. Stefan returns promptly to Fell's Church, accompanied by Damon. They join with Matt, Bonnie, and Meredith at the barn owned by Mrs. Flowers. When Bonnie asks why Damon came, Damon responds that they mixed up some of his hair with Stefan's and so he, too, was summoned by Bonnie's spell. Bonnie and Meredith tell Stefan and Damon what happened and ask for help. Stefan agrees but asks Bonnie to contact Elena for him and let him psychically ride along so that he can see Elena one last time. Bonnie refuses, saying that the new evil is too powerful and dangerous. Instead of going home, Bonnie visits Stefan's room. She is afraid of his mood swings and his deep grief and depression, and hopes that if she offers to let him see Elena, he'll settle down. When she finds Elena in a vision, though, Stefan and Elena have only a few minutes together before the Old One shows up and begins to control Bonnie's mind. The Old One identifies himself as Klaus, the vampire who turned Katherine. He destroys Elena's appearance to hurt both her and Stefan, but Stefan refuses to turn away from his beloved and uses his own Powers to restore her appearance. Before Klaus destroys Bonnie's dream-vision, Elena tells Stefan that one of Klaus' victims will know how to defeat him. A confrontation occurs in the woods, with Klaus and Tyler fighting Stefan, Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt. Caroline is rescued. Bonnie knocks Tyler unconscious, but only after Tyler rakes Meredith's leg to the bone and gives Matt a concussion. Klaus stabs Stefan multiple times to kill him slowly. Damon shows up and throws his own spear at Klaus, distracting him. Damon and Bonnie try to help Stefan, who is too badly wounded to save. Stefan asks Damon to promise to save the others, and Damon agrees when he can find no way to save Stefan's life. The promise is made moot when Klaus reappears and hits Damon with lightning, knocking him unconscious. Klaus is about to kill Bonnie, who is vainly trying to shelter Stefan with her body, when Bonnie suddenly calls upon Elena. Elena's ghost appears, along with the ghosts of the Civil War soldiers. The soldiers seize Klaus and carry him away. Tyler flees. Elena offers to heal Stefan, who decides he wants to live in order to go on trying to do good in the world. Elena's ghost then kisses all the wounded to heal them. Then midnight arrives, and with it Elena's time as a guardian spirit is up. She is being drawn away to her final reward when Stefan screams her name in agony at their separation. Elena is suddenly restored to human life and deposited naked on the ground. The girls rush to offer her their clothes. Elena and Stefan embrace, and the others embrace Elena as well. The only exception is Damon, who stands apart and says he is not like the others. Matt says that Damon is not that different, that he came voluntarily to Fell's Church to help them, and Damon only killed Mr. Tanner in self-defense. Damon also admits that he didn't rescue Vickie from Klaus because he had not been able to enter Vickie's house without an invitation. Although Damon has now been exculpated from every major sin attributed to him, he continues to refuse to join the others. After giving Elena his leather jacket, he walks away into the woods.
One week after Elena Gilbert has come back from the dead, she is in a childlike state, unable to read and almost completely unable to speak. Her understanding is impaired but not completely absent. Because of Elena's seeming impairments, Stefan Salvatore is protecting her from her best friends: Meredith Sulez, Bonnie McCullough, Matt Honeycutt and Caroline Forbes. Although he feels that it is wrong to drink Elena’s blood when she is unable to give reasoned consent, Elena makes gestures to insist that he drink, and Stefan does. Damon Salvatore watches outside Caroline’s window as Caroline talks to an independent image of herself. Damon believes the mirror-Caroline to be a supernatural evil force that is playing some sort of trick on Caroline. He feels a sharp puncture on his neck while he watches, which surprises him because mosquitoes do not bite vampires. After the mirror-Caroline goes away, Damon persuades Caroline to let him into her bedroom. He is about to bite her when he realizes that he is being influenced to do so by something, probably the supernatural evil force creating the mirror-Caroline. He rejects it and leaves. Afterwards, he goes around the town of Fell’s Church seducing and biting young women and shoplifting. He does not have sex with them because, as a vampire, he is impotent. Vampires only enjoy bloodlust and its satisfaction. Damon visits Stefan and Elena, beats up Stefan and drinks his blood, and demands the return of the leather jacket he gave Elena.
Stefan allows Elena’s friends to visit her. Suspicious of Caroline, who claims to have been raped by Klaus, Meredith and Bonnie require her to sign a blood oath that she will not hurt Elena, and they threaten to tell her future sorority sisters if she betrays Elena or Stefan. A crow appears and vomits blood on the paper they all sign. The blood-vomit is in gothic script and reads: “D. Elena is mine.”When the four humans show up at Stefan’s room in the boarding house owned by Mrs. Flowers, Elena is floating in a lotus position and exuding sheer goodness. Elena does not recognize any of them. She kisses Caroline, who is upset by Elena’s apparent lesbianism. Meredith explains that Elena is behaving like a prairie dog, as prairie dogs kiss one another when they meet to recognize one another. Caroline rejects this explanation. Bonnie thinks Elena is pure and therefore cannot be a pervert the way Caroline thinks. Elena kisses Meredith and Bonnie. Caroline, who is increasingly upset, says Stefan likes to watch girls kissing. Stefan uses his Powers to eject Caroline from the room. The others say negative things about Caroline, who overhears and reenters. Caroline starts to use Black Magic to attack the others, but Elena drives back the darkness with her White Power. She develops wings that glow, but then they disappear. Caroline leaves, and Elena kisses Matt while Bonnie and Meredith distract Stefan so that he will not have to watch his fiancé kiss another man. Meanwhile, Damon seduces a woman named Damaris, who he does not like, and drinks her blood. When he leaves her, he may have turned her into a vampire. He doesn’t know or care, but thinks her vampirism may be amusing when her husband finds her. Bonnie and Meredith have a sleepover together. In the middle of the night, Bonnie gets up and, in trance, starts to channel an entity speaking backward English. She records it on Meredith’s cell phone. Meredith transcribes the recording. It warns that Elena will have an Awakening that they should be prepared for. The next day, Stefan says that he is going to leave Fell’s Church with Elena because her reanimation has made her blood too attractive to vampires, who are attracted to Fell’s Church anyway because ley lines cross there. Bonnie is upset by the proposed departure.
As Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt drive home from the boarding house, they are surrounded and attacked by ambulatory trees, which poison the three humans with their sap. Bonnie uses her psychic powers to call to Damon for help, but even though he is nearby, he does not respond at first. When he does respond, he decides to save the nearly-dead Bonnie. Returning to the boarding house with her, he nearly runs into Stefan, who is driving with the floating Elena tethered to his car like a balloon. Damon realizes that Stefan is actually super-powered because he has been drinking Elena’s spiritually super-charged blood, and he was letting Damon beat him up before in order to conceal the power of Elena’s blood. Stefan volunteers to save Meredith and Matt while Damon cares for Bonnie. Damon rescues Bonnie by partially undressing her, floating her in a bath of warm water, and then feeding her his blood. Meredith, now fully recovered, threatens him if she finds he has removed Bonnie’s panties. Finding that he did not do so, she and the others relent. Bonnie, however, wakes up and accuses Damon of watching while the trees attempted to kill them all. The others reject Damon, who leaves in spite of Elena’s incoherent request that he stay. Stefan and Elena float in the forest together, kissing and drinking one another’s blood, while unbeknownst to them Damon watches jealously from a tree. Damon then discovers the presence of another person, Shinichi, who seems to have supernatural powers. The next morning, Elena wakes up able to speak. She and Stefan engage in kissing and possibly sexual intercourse. Then Stefan buys her a Jaguar. She and Stefan then go for a celebration picnic with Bonnie, Meredith, and Matt. During the picnic, Matt tells them that the fifteen-year-old Tami Bryce kissed him and rubbed up against him, and that he cannot understand why. Elena tells the others that she saw a tentacled monster inside Damon the day before. She says that when Damon ignored Bonnie, he was being influenced by a supernatural evil termed a malach. The others agree that a malach may have been affecting Tami and that they will mount a campaign to save the girls of Fell’s Church from the new evil. Meanwhile, Shinichi, now identified as a kitsune, and Damon are watching unseen. Damon says that he doesn’t want “his” girls—Bonnie and Elena--hurt. Shinichi puts Damon in a trance and encourages the malach inside Damon to grow larger and stronger.
Damon tells Stefan that there is a website referring to an organization, the Shi no Shi, that can turn vampires to humans. Stefan is suspicious but agrees to visit Damon in the woods at a particular time to learn more about it. He leaves a note on the computer for Elena and sneaks off while she sleeps. Damon changes the note to read that Stefan has decided to leave Elena for her own good. Elena wakes and believes that she has been abandoned by Stefan. She decides to find Stefan with the help of her friends. During a sleepover with Bonnie and Meredith, Elena decides that this is the Awakening referred to in Bonnie’s channeled message. Meanwhile, Matt is attacked by malachs on the way back from the boarding house. The next day, Matt returns to the boarding house, where Mrs. Flowers reveals herself to be a witch and binds Matt’s wounds. Matt has two unexplained punctures on his neck, which everyone dismisses. The sheriff calls the boarding house to warn Matt that he is a suspect for the removal of stop signs from intersections. Matt denies the charge. Meredith and Bonnie set out to visit Caroline to see if she is malach-infested. Caroline is scuttling on the ceiling of her living room like a lizard, and she runs under the bed in her mother’s room. When Caroline’s mother faints, Meredith and Bonnie carry her to her bedroom and deposit her on the bed. The possessed Caroline, or some other force, grabs their ankles. Bonnie calls Damon to help. Damon arrives, frees Bonnie and Meredith, kisses Bonnie, and leaves.
Matt and Elena visit Tami, who has super-glued a homemade stripper outfit onto herself. She makes sexual overtures to Matt, who is horrified. Matt and Elena then head toward the Old Wood for further investigations, while Bonnie and Meredith head to the house of a friend Isobel Saitou. Isobel has mutilated herself, and Dr. Alpert thinks she should go to the hospital. All set out, but Meredith and Bonnie leave to find Mrs. Flowers. In the Old Wood, Matt and Elena encounter Damon, who orders them to kiss and then have sex while he films them with a video camera. Elena at first tries to cooperate, but Matt objects and is tortured by Damon. Elena decides that Damon is not acting like himself. She attempts to rescue Matt by persuading Damon to drive away. However, she leaps out of the speeding car, hoping to make her way on foot to a nearby house. She is badly injured by her jump, however, and she cannot find the house because she is caught in a snowglobe trap designed by Shinichi. Damon suddenly comes to himself with vague memories of hurting Elena. He finds Shinichi and threatens to torture him. Shinichi reveals Elena’s location and how to cure her injuries, and he leaves Damon with a kitsune key that will magically open any door. Damon creates a door to whatever room he finds necessary to heal Elena. Being in a spot not covered by the fairytale rules governing his ability to tell her the truth, Damon confesses to her that he and Shinichi kidnapped Stefan and that Shinichi and his twin sister, Misao, are evil kitsunes who plan to destroy Fell’s Church. The kitsunes are the ones behind the malach, the ambulatory trees, and the sexually precocious and self-mutilating girls. Damon also drinks Elena's blood and realizes that it has amazing powers, including the power to restore a vampire's sexual potency. Damon’s possession returns, however, and he attacks Elena, who flees with the key through a series of doors. At last, she directs the key to open a door taking her to someplace the kitsune can’t see.
When Damon chases her to this place, Elena finds within herself a power she identifies as Wings of Redemption. Rainbow-colored wings open on her back and enfold her and Damon, who screams as he is redeemed from all his sins. He also forgets everything, so Elena opens up her violet-blue Wings of Remembrance, which allow him to remember. Damon realizes that he has been possessed by Shinichi and that he’d been playing the villain, and he calls himself an abomination, kisses Elena’s foot, and vows to be her slave. Elena then opens up her white Wings of Purification. Still with the wings open, she causes Damon to lie face-down on her lap and uses her fingernails to pull the malach out of his spine. The malach had originally entered via the puncture in Damon’s neck at that Damon mistook for a mosquito at the beginning of the book. Damon stands up and stomps on the malach to kill it. Damon and Elena then concoct a plan to defeat Shinichi and Misao. First, however, Elena makes a side trip to visit Stefan, who is imprisoned in a dungeon in a hell dimension. She makes him drink her blood to regain some of her strength. Meanwhile, Matt has regained consciousness. Tracking Elena, he ends up at the house she was trying to reach. There another girl, Kristen Dunstan, makes sexual overtures to him. He continues into the woods and finally runs across Meredith, Bonnie, and Mrs. Flowers. The four then encounter Isobel and Dr. Alpert. They reach the boarding house, but other possessed girls attack. Damon appears, and then two of the group are revealed to be Shinichi and Misao, who have been playing with them all along. Damon, Shinichi, and Misao take Dr. Alpert, Mrs. Flowers, Matt, Meredith, and Bonnie prisoner. Caroline is also present as one of the helpers of Shinichi and Misao.
Elena watches hidden from the trees and wonders if Damon has betrayed her while the others are herded into a clearing. Bonnie is tied spread-eagled to a makeshift altar by the ambulatory trees, and another walking tree with a penis approaches her. Damon magically summons a pair of scissors to cut out Meredith’s tongue. Elena hesitates, filled with doubt, but then she realizes that the solution to the situation is belief. She jumps off the tree where she has been hiding and, because she has belief, she develops a pair of golden wings, called Wings of the Wind, that enable her to fly. She seizes Misao and the scissors, and flies upward. Misao is heavy and Elena falters, but everyone calls out that they believe in her, and she flies higher. She starts to cut Misao’s tails off to diminish Misao’s power. Damon summons a magic sword and cuts Bonnie free. Misao begs for mercy and finally gives Elena clues where to find the magic key that will release Stefan. Shinichi agrees to give Damon a psychic map if Damon surrenders his memories of the last few days to him. Damon agrees even though losing his memories involves losing his redemption. Elena opens the Wings of Purification again and purifies the Old Woods, turning it into a place where flowers grow and removing the ambulatory trees. The good guys then let Shinichi and Misao go, but not before Misao admits to pretending to be Shinichi pretending to be the mirror-Caroline. Caroline says she is pregnant and needs a husband. The next day, Caroline informs her family and the sheriff that she is pregnant and Matt is responsible. A judge related to Caroline’s family signs an order for Matt’s arrest. Matt thus joins Elena and Damon in their quest to find and rescue Stefan. Damon refers to Elena as his princess of darkness, as he intends to win her away from Stefan. Here the first book of the Return trilogy ends.
Elena Gilbert, Damon Salvatore, and Matt Honeycutt are on their way to find the gate to the Dark Dimension, where Stefan Salvatore is being held prisoner. Elena and Damon share a kiss, causing their auras to merge, and Elena meets a little boy who is chained to a boulder inside Damon's mind, a symbol of his childhood. An out-of-body experience during a nap allows Elena to visit Stefan in his prison cell. He believes she is a kitsune illusion, but soon realizes it's really Elena. Her teardrops fall on him, restoring some of his strength. On a late July morning, Bonnie McCullough and Meredith Sulez visit Caroline Forbes' house in Fell's Church. Bonnie is disoriented by the interior of the house, which smells of sulfer, and going up the stairs feels like stepping down. Bonnie notes that Caroline is becoming wolf-like. Bonnie and Meredith argue with her when Caroline says she's going to name her twins after "their father," Matt. Caroline suggests the real father, Tyler Smallwood, might be dead. Matt gets the wrong idea about Elena and Damon, and Elena demands that Damon never Influence her or Matt. Matt splits up from Damon and Elena and agrees to meet up with them in Sedona, Arizona. Damon teaches Elena how to circulate Power through her body so that she can regulate her aura and appear as a normal human girl to any supernatural creatures. Damon believes Elena is pushing him away, and obsesses over the "dozens of boys and men" he thinks she has slept with in the past. In their motel room that night, Elena falls asleep and dreams that unseen voices are arguing about a memory that will remain inside of her until "the time is right". She wakes up and confronts Damon. He grabs her and kisses her. Their auras merge and she meets the little boy again. He refers to himself as the "Warden of Secrets." Elena is torn away from him as Damon breaks their kiss, and discovers that she is crying. Elena realizes he's been so distant because her aura is overwhelmingly tempting to him. Damon tastes Elena's tears and realizes the truth: Elena is a virgin. They share an intense moment before Elena allows Damon to drink her blood. The next day, Elena and Damon realize that he doesn't remember the night before because Shinichi is still able to take his memories. When they arrive in Arizona, Damon reveals that Matt went back to Fell's Church immediately after they split up. Bonnie and Meredith arrive, insisting on accompanying Damon and Elena to the Dark Dimension. Meredith wants to find either one of the kitsune twins' star balls, or "hoshi no tama," which will allow them to control the kitsune. Meredith believes Misao may be possessing the girls of Fell's Church. They discuss Elena's feelings for Damon.
Damon drives the girls to a cave in the desert and reveals that unless they pretend to be his slaves, they'll never be allowed into the Dark Dimension. After initially protesting, they follow Damon through the cave, eventually boarding a ferry boat and taking a frightening river journey which causes Bonnie to faint. They dock on the outskirts of an enormous city. Damon explains that sometime during the ferry ride, they made a "twist in space" and are no longer in Earth's Dimension. There is a dim red light over the city, caused by a sun that is perpetually setting, making day and night meaningless. Bonnie goes into a trance and says the city is full of "Shadow Souls." They ride on litters through the city bazaar, where Elena is distraught by the endless poverty and despair surrounding them. In exchange for her lapis ring, Elena is given a starball by a man named John, and experiences a romantic memory from his youth as though she is John. When she comes back to herself, Damon unties the "slave" ropes from Elena's wrists and they kiss. Elena enjoys this until she suddenly pulls away from him, calls him a bastard, and accuses him of Influencing her. Damon denies doing this and explains that star balls record memories, which fade with use, and are entirely lost to the original person. Elena's attention is caught by an angry vampire viciously beating a pregnant woman on a side street. Elena throws herself between the vampire and the woman, using her body as a shield. Elena receives whip lashes across her face and body. Damon kills the woman's vampire master, Old Drohzne. A street urchin named Lakshmi takes them to a nearby doctor named Dr. Kephar Meggar. Elena vows to protect the beaten woman, Ulma, for the rest of her life. Damon and Elena argue about the incident with Old Drohzne and share some Black Magic wine at the doctor's. Damon heals the gash on Elena's cheek with his tongue and kisses her. She offers him her throat, which he refuses. He says that her blood is full of Power which vampires can absorb, and that she should be careful who she lets sample it. They are interrupted by Meredith, who informs them that there is angry mob with torches waiting outside for Damon. Now known as Lady Ulma, the slave woman is extremely grateful to Elena for saving her.
Mostly vampire mob accuses Damon of taking a slave that belongs to Old Drohzne's relatives, then beats him. Thinking he's about to die, he sends out a message to Stefan with a blast of Power, saying that Elena is coming for him. The beating stops when an imposing vampire appears, a huge black dog by his side and a large falcon on his bare shoulder. His name is Sage, and he and Damon have met before. There is some mystery as to Sage's "real" identity.
Damon tells Elena that the slums are ready to revolt unless she is punished for her disobedience. Realizing she can't win a war against the slum lords, she agrees to publicly apologize to the Drohzne family and receive her punishment. Damon promises Elena won't feel a thing during her punishment. Elena is led in front of a crowd of slumlords, street people, and vampires drunk on Black Magic wine. Young Drohzne formally accuses her of stealing his brother's slave, Lady Ulma. Elena pleads guilty and is sentenced to ten lashes. Elena gives a speech, written by Meredith, begging forgiveness from her Master. Damon begins to whip her, keeping his promise that Elena won't feel anything, and she spends the episode thinking about Stefan. The crowd thinks this is a "hypnotist's act." It is now early August in Fell's Church, and Matt and Mrs. Flowers are discussing the actions of the kitsune and the town's children. Matt thinks the meetings are in the Old Wood, which is a very dangerous place. He sneaks out to spy on that evening's meeting. Matt hides in a thicket near the Old Wood, where Sheriff Mossberg is waiting to arrest him for assaulting Caroline. They argue, but are interrupted by the arrival of Shinichi and the town children entering the Old Wood. Sheriff Mossberg's niece, Rebecca, is among them. Matt begs the sheriff to not follow them, but he doesn't listen. An hour later, Shinichi and the children come out of the Old Wood. The sheriff isn't with them. Lady Ulma reveals that there is a secret room full of gems at her family's abandoned estate. Elena, Bonnie, and Meredith decide they should return to the estate to uncover the jewels and restore the property to its proper state. Lady Ulma asks Damon to buy the father of her child, her jeweler father's apprentice, Lucen. Lady Ulma is freed, but Damon is the official lord of the estate. The girls will now masquerade as Damon's courtesans, which requires beautiful dresses and jewelry, provided by the talent Lady Ulma inherited from her clothing designer mother, and their own in-house jewelry designer, Lucen. Lady Ulma and Sage recognize the people mentioned in the clues Misao gave to the twin fox keys' locations as people who happen to be giving parties soon.
The night before the first gala, Elena begins to sob, longing for Stefan, and has an out of body experience. She visits Stefan in prison, where he again thinks she is a kitsune illusion. She lets her tears fall on Stefan, who begs her to stop crying. Stefan asks God for a moment to touch Elena, and she becomes corporeal long enough for a kiss. They discuss how to get Stefan out of prison and Damon's ability to keep his promises. Stefan wonders if Elena keeps her promises. Elena and the others believe the key may be hidden in one of the harps belonging to Lady Fazina Darley, the Silver Nightingale. The gowns Lady Ulma has designed for the girls have been blessed by a priestess to protect the girls from vampires—not including Damon. Lucen presents each girl with matching jewels and a fan. Elena feels that Damon is holding something back from her, and allows him to feed from her. Damon, Elena, Bonnie, and Meredith arrive at Lady Fazina's intimidatingly beautiful mansion. Elena and Damon sit down to await Lady Fazina's concert and are surprised to see Sage appear. Lady Fazina makes her entrance, takes the stage and begins to play her harp and sing so beautifully, Elena and the other guests begin to weep. Meredith suggests looking for the key while everyone is mesmerized by the performance. They enter the Hall of Harpery, which is guarded by a steward at the door. Bonnie, Meredith, and Sage begin to search the harps, Influencing the steward for more information. Damon and Elena search the rest of the palace. The steward has reveals that the harps are tuned every day, so the key can't be in one of them. Elena finally finds one half of the fox key inside a fountain pen. It is a small crescent in the shape of a fox, with alexandrite eyes. Elena explains that after they realized the key wasn't in a musical instrument, she thought of looking for writing instruments. Damon and Elena are so excited to have found the key, they embrace and Damon begins to feed. Elena encounters the little boy in his mind. Damon is taking too much blood, and they yell at him to stop. When he does, Elena sees that his back is covered in bloody cuts—the lashes he channeled away from her when she was Disciplined. She screams and faints. The others attempt to revive her, but Elena refuses to come to until Damon frees the little boy. He denies owning a little boy, and Elena says his name is Damon. Meredith remarks that Elena "was willing to die for a metaphor." On the way to Dr. Meggar's, Elena stops breathing twice. Bonnie donates blood to Elena, and Meredith and some servants donate blood to Damon. Elena isn't allowed to see Damon during her recovery out of fear that she will end up a vampire. Elena protests that there is nothing untoward going on with Damon, but accidentally switches Damon and Stefan's names.
Matt visits the Saitou house. Obaasan tells Matt that taking out a kitsune's tail will enrage it, but also make it weaker. She also tells him a legend about a beautiful kitsune from whom the Saitou family is said to be descended. Obaasan blesses some bullets, writes some amulets for Matt, and on his way out of the house, her daughter, Orime, gives him Post-it note amulets, to be stuck on demons if necessary. Elena begins to plot Stefan's jailbreak. Lakshmi informs her that if she has the key to his cell, she can just go let him out. She wonders why Elena has never gone to visit Stefan, an idea that had not occurred to Elena. Damon immediately makes an appointment to visit Stefan. Matt, Tyrone Alpert, and Mrs. Flowers go to the thicket on the edge of the Old Wood to discover what's become of Sheriff Mossberg. Roping themselves together and covering their arms with enchanted Post-it notes, they get down on the ground and reach blindly into the Old Wood, trying to grab whatever they can without getting pulled in themselves. Tyrone is almost pulled in. A large tree branch falls on Matt's arm, but he is protected by the Post-its. Tyrone retrieves a human femur with teeth marks on it. Matt faints. Damon and Sage discuss the meaning of "Shi no Shi", the name of the prison. Damon thinks it means the "Death of Death," but Sage says it can mean "the new death," "the true death," or "The Gods of Death." Wearing a new outfit of gold tulle and strategically placed jewels designed by Lady Ulma, Elena joins Damon, Sage, and Dr. Meggar, wearing new outfits made of sacking, and they take a carriage to the prison, where Elena notices a dimensional door in the lobby. On the way to Stefan's cell, Elena fears he is dead and almost faints. She is horrified by Stefan's condition when she reaches his dungeon cell, and throws herself against its razor sharp bars. Stefan doesn't recognize them, but he smells Elena's blood. Damon is overwhelmed and runs away, pursued by guards. Dr. Meggar injects Stefan with something that may help him survive for a few days. Dr. Meggar is unable to draw Elena's blood, which she wants to squirt through the bars, feeding Stefan via syringe. A white kitsune in the cell across from Stefan's pantomimes using the same method with Black Magic wine instead, which Elena does. Sage and the guards return, and Elena is dragged away from Stefan. Elena must be supported as they leave the prison. Dr. Meggar says that the injection, Black Magic wine, and willpower should be enough to keep Stefan alive until they can get the fox key and rescue him. In the carriage, Damon asks if Stefan is dead and is shocked to learn all that Elena did for Stefan inside the prison, feeling he has failed his brother.
Before Blouddeuwedd's party, Lucen and Lady Ulma give the girls an overwhelming amount of jewelry, which doubles as currency in case they need to buy their way out of the Dark Dimension. The girls thank Lady Ulma, who thanks Elena again for having saved her and Lucen. They say goodbye to the household. On the way to the party, Meredith and Bonnie discuss Elena's feelings for the Salvatore brothers. They are unsure of exactly who or what Elena wants. Elena and Damon, riding in a separate litter, overhear this conversation and are shaken. Damon says that there is a detail in the story of the brothers killing each other over a girl which everyone has missed. They arrive at the party before Damon can reveal this detail. Elena and company believe the second half of the fox key is hidden in Blouddeuwedd's main ballroom, the Great Ballroom, which is outdoors and larger than a football field. The ground has been rolled smooth so that no one will trip while dancing. Meredith and Bonnie search the upstairs floors while Elena and Damon search the Waltz Room. Lady Bloddeuwedd enters the party, a beautiful girl made of flowers who has been cursed to spend every night from midnight to dawn as an owl. Damon and Elena run into a vampire who witnessed Elena's Discipline—he is the reason they were invited to the party. Damon agrees to perform their "hypnotist's act" after the crowd finds his "amulet"--the other half of the fox key. The guests begin digging up the grounds. Damon carries Elena up a set of clear crystal stairs inside Blouddeuwedd's clear glass house to look for the fox key. They are confronted by Blouddewedd, who informs them that they are in her private library, and refuses to answer their questions. She doesn't like humans or vampires. Damon is offended and asks if she has seen Shinichi or Misao. She calls the kitsune thieves and says she encountered them running out of her house the night the Great Ballroom was rolled over. Elena thinks they dropped the fox key into the Great Ballroom floor. Blouddeuwedd then states that she is going to kill Damon and Elena. Damon and Elena run back outside and meet Meredith, Bonnie, and Sage in the Great Ballroom. Sage's dog, Saber, gets the kitsune's scent from the fox key and begins searching for their trail. Saber indicates that the kitsune were in the hydrangeas under the library window. Sage takes a carriage and follows the trail leading away from the hydrangeas, in case the kitsune can be caught and the key half recovered. Damon and Elena prepare to put on their "hypnotist's act." Elena begs Damon to let her share the pain, so that he doesn't take it all on himself. She then begs Bonnie and Meredith to share the pain of the whipping to further lessen it. During the whipping, Elena overhears spectators whispering about forbidden starball orbs kept in Blouddeuwedd's library. She realizes that the key isn't in the ballroom, but in the starball room, and charges into the house after the whipping is over. Blouddeuwedd is in her library, now in owl form. Elena thinks the fox key is in the owl's nest in the center of the room. Blouddeuwedd threatens to kill Elena. Elena attempts to explain what she's doing, but Blouddeuwedd continues to threaten her. Sage's falcon Talon arrives just as the owl begins to attack. Talon distract Blouddeuwedd by dropping and shattering orbs while Elena searches for the key. Elena finds a metal object in the nest. The giant owl pursues her down the stairs. She falls at the bottom, causing the owl to crash into the glass where she was standing moments before.
Saber leads Sage and some party guests along the carriage route taken by the kitsune. They come to a crossroads, where Saber loses the scent, due to a local perfumery blinding his nose. Sage picks a random direction, and Saber picks up the scent again. Saber leads the party up to a run down building, and Sage breaks down the door. Back at the party, Elena gets out of the house and puts the two halves of the key together. They become a ring. Damon finds Elena, Bonnie, and Meredith just in time to save them from another attack from the giant owl. Elena tells Damon they have to leave immediately and that she never wants to come back. Damon attempts to fight Blouddeuwedd with a huge shard of glass, putting out one of her eyes. He thwarts her attempt to carry off a random guest. Elena tells him telepathically that she has the key and that he can come with her or not, but she is leaving now. Sage returns, and Elena, Meredith, Bonnie, and Damon all take his carriage to the prison. Sage has pillowcases full of star balls in the carriage, which he looted from the run down building. They abandon the carriage to the giant owl's attacks. Elena and Bonnie make their way to the prison, desperately fending off Blouddeuwedd's attacks with pieces of glass and wood held over their heads. Damon catches up to them and protects Elena from another attack. At the prison, Stefan is in very bad shape, and thinks Elena is a kitsune illusion. She uses the fox key to open his cell and allows Stefan to feed from her as he is carried out on a makeshift litter. Elena realizes that Blouddeuwedd will kill everyone, and is able to produce her Wings of Protection. They wrap around herself and her friends, and Blouddeuwedd crashes into them, killing herself. Just before they leave through the Dimensional Door, the white kitsune appears, giving Stefan a bouquet of flowers sealed with amulets.
Matt and Mrs. Flowers are awakened by a loud noise and rays of light outside the "bunker" room they've taken refuge in at the boardinghouse. They discover Elena and her companions. Suddenly, Shinichi's face rises from the ground, a huge, frightening illusion. He taunts them, saying they are keeping secrets from each other. Meredith is examining what she thinks is Misao's starball, when she is suddenly attacked by grass that constricts and traps her. Elena demands Shinichi let Meredith go in exchange for the starball, but then Stefan is engulfed by deadly grass, too. Damon tells Shinichi to take the starball.Mrs. Flowers and Matt charge out with the enchanted Post-it notes, covering Meredith and Stefan with them. The grass dies away and they are freed. Shinichi continues to taunt them, but disappears when Damon shoots the illusion-face with blessed bullets. The next morning, Damon is up early, wondering what's in Stefan's bouquet. Elena is awakened by shouting. In the living room, Sage is helping Damon breathe, and says he shouldn't have opened something not addressed to him. Stefan enters and realizes that Damon has opened his bouquet. Damon has become human by magic intended for Stefan. The brothers fight. Everyone laughs. Elena vows to win against the kitsune.
Elena returns to be human once again thanks to the Celestial Court, but she, along with Stefan, Bonnie, Meredith and others, suffer the death of Damon.
The Hunters: Destiny RisingEdit
The Salvation: Unseen Edit
The Salvation: Unspoken Edit
The Salvation: Unmasked Edit
Evensong: Paradise LostEdit
Evensong: The War Of Roses (Part 1)Edit
Evensong: The War Of Roses (Part 2)Edit
Evensong: Into The WoodsEdit
Zodiac Sign (Scorpio) Edit
Scorpio is the eighth sign of the zodiac, and that shouldn't be taken lightly -- nor should Scorpios! Those born under this sign are dead serious in their mission to learn about others. There's no fluff or chatter for Scorpios, either; these folks will zero in on the essential questions, gleaning the secrets that lie within. Scorpios concern themselves with beginnings and endings, and are unafraid of either; they also travel in a world that is black and white and has little use for gray. The curiosity of Scorpios is immeasurable, which may be why they are such adept investigators. These folks love to probe and know how to get to the bottom of things. The fact that they have a keen sense of intuition certainly helps. The Scorpion symbolizes Scorpio, and that is no accident. Much like the Scorpion would rather kill itself than be killed, those born under this sign are in ultimate control of their destiny. It is life on the Scorpion's terms, too, since these folks promote their agenda (they are quite the executives) and see to it that things go forward. Others may find this overbearing (it can be) and even self-destructive, but that's the beauty of the Scorpio: they have tremendous regenerative powers, much like the literal Scorpion can lose its tail and promptly grow a new one. Fearless Scorpios rarely lose; they just keep on going, since they are stubborn and determined to succeed (this Scorpio trait is in keeping with the Fixed Quality assigned to this sign). Scorpios work as hard as they do so they can someday sit back and feel satisfied with themselves. These folks are intense, passionate and filled with desire. They're also complex and secretive, so don't expect to get much out of them, lest they become suspicious and exit stage left. It's best not to bet against Scorpios, either, since these folks are surprisingly resourceful. Scorpio is ruled by Mars and Pluto. Mars was the God of War in ancient Roman mythology and is the first (and most ancient) ruler of Scorpio. When Pluto was discovered in the 20th century, it was also assigned to this sign. Pluto was known as the God of the Underworld in ancient Roman times, so when coupled with Mars, expect some intense energy to head toward Scorpions here on Earth. This planetary combo makes for people who are motivated, penetrating and aware. Scorpions don't miss much, since they are highly attuned to the vibrations of others. They are intuitive, probing and very focused on knowing who's who and what's what. Scorpios can lose their temper (and even become vengeful) when someone gets in their way, so it's best to give them plenty of room. Remember, they're unafraid, and a loss today simply means an opportunity for victory tomorrow. The Element associated with Scorpio is Water. As opposed to the 'roiling seas' seen in other Water Signs, a better motto for Scorpios would be 'still waters run deep.' Those born under this sign are as emotional as their waterborne brethren, it's just that they're not as likely to show it. The Scorpio's emotions are repressed, kept under cover. Again, these are secrets to be used another day. That said, be aware that these folks are clever, perceptive and always in the mix. Their ability to see into things can sometimes be a curse for Scorpios, however, since they can take an insignificant matter and turn it into a huge slight. Beware the Scorpio who feels crossed! These folks can turn vindictive in no time flat. Luckily, once Scorpios catch their breath, they will return to their usual determined and loyal (albeit strong-willed) ways. Finally, while Scorpios aren't above some subtle manipulation to get what they want, they'd much rather take a scientific, even mystical path. The Scorpio-born are powerful and passionate, qualities that serve them well, as long as they don't let them deteriorate into self-indulgence or compulsion. Scorpios love competition in both work and play, which is why they'll air it out in sports and games. Extreme sports are right up Scorpio's alley, as is most anything that will test their mettle. They've got to have an adversary, since it makes the game that much more fun. Scorpio's colors? Powerful red and serious black. When it comes to love, though, Scorpios soften up a bit and are caring and devoted with their lovers, even if they do hold on a bit tight. Scorpios are also lusty in the extreme (how else?), so they need to be mindful of their reproductive organs. The great strength of the Scorpio-born is in their determination, passion and motivation. Scorpios don't know the word quit, which is why they usually get the job done. A powerhouse? Like no other.
Scorpio Strength Keywords: Edit
- Loyal - Passionate - Resourceful - Observant - Dynamic
Scorpio Weakness Keywords: Edit
- Jealous - Obsessive - Suspicious - Manipulative - Unyielding
Scorpio and Independence: Edit
Scorpios are fiercely independent. They are able to accomplish anything they put their mind to and they won't give up. They are perfectly suited to being on their own. They are not social butterflies like some other zodiac signs and some actually prefer to live on their own that way there is never any issue of who controls what at home, they like to be in control.
Scorpio and Friendship: Edit
Relationships with Scorpio are always complicated, just like the person, their relationships are a series of extremes, they can even be downright moody for no apparent reason. Scorpios are known for their possessiveness and jealousy but on the other hand, they are extremely loyal. Scorpios have an excellent memory and combined with an inability to let things go, they can hold a grudge against someone who did them harm forever, in fact a Scorpio rarely if never forgives and forgets. They will even go as far as get vengeance on the person. On the other hand, they will always remember a kind gesture forever and repay it. Any kind selfless gesture done to a Scorpio will gain trust and respect which is extremely important to them in any relationship, either romantic or not. The best advice is to be honest with a Scorpio friend and in return, you will gain an amazing friend you will never forget and who will be loyal to you and never make false promises. Their truthful and shocking sense of humor if different than that of any other zodiac sign and the Scorpio makes an amazing, powerful interesting friend that can be trusted.
Scorpio and Business: Edit
Scorpios make excellent doctors, surgeons, scientists and leaders, they are perfectly suited to any form of business that makes a difference in the world, greatly impacts people and society and a most importantly, Scorpio has to be in a power position, this is why these careers are suited to the Scorpio, they all demand one person in supreme control giving orders and leading a unit of people/practices. In business, Scorpios tend to easily gather wealth, they make very wise business decisions and they are very conservative about spending their money. Scorpios are known for making money and hiding it, they will not announce it due to to fear that others will take the same route and becoming a possible competitor, or worse try to use the Scorpio to their advantage to use them for their money.
Scorpio and Temperament: Edit
Scorpios are extremely ambitious, persistent and determined which is shown through a power hungry, controlling attitude. Not in a stubborn sense however, because a Scorpio will work for what they want and control will justified reasons. This is obvious to any onlooker. A Scorpio never gives up, they are so determined to reach their goal. The key to this success is their flexibility. They are able to re-survey a situation and take a different approach if necessary. This makes them very adaptable and versatile. Scorpios are fierce competitors, combined with their powers of observation and their excellent memory, they will recall facts and when necessary, bring them to the table at the time of need. They will win justly, with proper facts and arguments to support their thoughts and opinions. Scorpios are excellent at restoring order to a chaotic situation and they are just as capable of manipulating for their own greed and benefit. The un-evolved Scorpio is a very dangerous person because they use their powers to benefit only them and step on other people in order to satisfy their own greed.
Scorpio Deep Inside: Edit
Scorpio is the most misunderstood of all astrology signs. They are all about intensity and contradictions. They like to be aware of a situation and always know what's going on, figuring this out with their probing mind, on the other hand, they are interested in the occult, the paranormal, conspiracy theories and other types of similar unknown mysteries. They are very capable of hiding their true feelings and motivations, they often have ulterior motives or a hidden agenda. Scorpios are all about control, they need to be in control at all times. To be out of control is very threatening, even dangerous to the Scorpio's psyche, when they control, they feel safe. Scorpios are very emotional, their emotions are intensified, both good emotions and bad. Negative emotions of jealousy and resentment are hallmarks of this turbulent astrology sign. On the other side, Scorpios are well known for their forceful and powerful drive to succeed and their amazing dedication. Scorpios are constantly trying to understand their emotions through finding a deeper purpose in life. Scorpios are very intuitive, but not as in a psychic sense, more as intuitive into the human mind, they have a great understanding of the mystery and the power of the human mind. Scorpios have a fear of failure which they keep hidden extremely well, should their confrontation not be successful, or their career fail, they will simply use their adaptive skill to quickly move and and leave the bad experience behind. Do not ever expect them to fess up or share their tale with anyone however because this shows signs of weakness and Scorpio always wins, they are always the self-proclaimed best! One of the reasons they seem like they always accomplish their goals is because they set tangible short-term goals that they know they can accomplish, they know what they are capable of and this is what they go for. Scorpios are very weary about trusting anyone, a person needs to gain their trust and this gets built up over time and once all the 'trust tests' have been passed, Scorpio loves deeply and intensely. Underneath the cool exterior, energies and emotions are constantly flowing but the Scorpio deals with this be channeling this into useful activities, hobbies, relationships or a career. This is never apparent to the outside observer but knowing this fact explains why Scorpios are so passionate about whatever it is that they are undertaking. Scorpios have powerful instincts and they trust their own gut feeling which is another reason why a Scorpio seldom fails. The ongoing lesson in life for those born under the Scorpio zodiac signs, is to channel their powerful energy into positive goals and not succumbing to the darker forces in life such as manipulation and greed, they will then have great success in their life and have a clean, happy conscience and a circle of friends they can trust and hold dear to them.
Scorpio in a Nutshell: Edit
Scorpio is the astrology sign of extremes and intensity. Scorpios are very deep, intense people, there is always more then meets the eye. They present a cool, detached and unemotional air to the world yet lying underneath is tremendous power, extreme strength, intense passion and a strong will and a persistent drive. Scorpios have a very penetrative mind, do not be surprised if they ask questions, they are trying to delve deeper and figure things out and survey the situation. They always want to know why, where and any other possible detail they can possibly know. Scorpio's are very weary of the games that other people try to play and they are very aware of it. Scorpios tend to dominate and control anyone that lets them, or anyone that they find weak. The person that a Scorpio respects and holds close to them is treated with amazing kindness, loyalty and generosity. On the outside, a Scorpio has great secretiveness and mystery. This magnetically draws people to them. They are known to be controlling and too ambitious but only because they need control for this makes them feel safe.
What it's Like to Date a Scorpio Woman: Edit
Scorpio woman is very emotional, very demanding and very demonstrative. She is full of flair and intrigue, a fascinating woman that the strong A-type personality male will adore, for she presents the right amount of challenge with the right amount of rewards. The Scorpio woman is the ultimate seductive, flirtatious woman. She won't give a man her heart very easily because she is weary of trusting another person. The man will have to go through a series of 'mental testes' in order for the relationship to get solid and close. She may not show it, but she wants a close committed relationship. Ion order for this, the man has to be trusted, has to be affectionate and never try to control her. She is very possessive but the Scorpio woman is so full of mystery, sensuality and passion that most men do not mind being possessed by her.
What it's Like to Date a Scorpio Man: Edit
TheScorpio male is unlike any other man of any other astrology sign. He is so unique that a seperate section is needed to explain about dating theScorpio man. Unlike most other zodiac signs, what it's like to date a Scorpio woman is very similar to dating a Scorpio man. The main difference is that instead of presenting a powerful feminine force like the woman, the Scorpio man presents a strong masculine, sexual force. The Scorpio man is easy to seduce and take home for the night, it is much harder to form a real relationship with him. The Scorpio man is very sensitive and feels lonely and unfulfilled, but he will never let a woman know this. Behind closed doors, be sensitive and affectionate to him appeal to his emotions only if you want a close relationship with him do not attempt to lead him on because he will see this and never forgive you. Toying with a Scorpio male is an unwise move. He will be jealous and possessive and will never allow a woman to control him. Let him take the lead because the Scorpio male is truly a fascinating person, you can never go wrong when he is planning the night! Scorpio men are very moody and their moods change like a pendulum on a clock. Stand by his side in these times and it will pass. Do not nag on him for he has a hard enough time understanding his own emotions. Scorpio men make excellent protectors and you will always feel safe under his radiating, passionate and energetic power.
How to Attract Scorpio: Edit
Never be fake with a Scorpio, they can see it a mile away. Be genuine with your comments and listen to them attentively, (they always have something interesting to say so this is never a problem!) Do not try to hide things from them or tease them, they always have to know what is going on. Remember, they are the only ones that are allowed to tease and present the mystery and intrigue! They like frankness and honesty, speak your mind they will respect that. Scorpios are interested in almost all activities, so finding something to do should never be a problem. They are unpredictable and could change course of the date mid-way though so take these last minute changes with a smile and try something different. They like people who are not afraid to ditch a plan and try another. In conversation, do not tell them that their opinions are wrong or shoot them down, they are too proud for this and even if it is a joke, they might not take it with the humor that you meant. Never try to control them but do not be the damsel in distress either, they like strong, real people with driving ambitious personality like theirs.
Scorpio Erogenous Zone: Edit
The genitals are everybody's erogenous zone but since the Scorpio is the most sexually charged of all zodiac signs, the genitals are extremely sensitive and will ignite a passionate fire that cannot be extinguished. Stroke and caress these areas lightly. There is no wrong way to stimulate this area, but be gentle.
Sex With Scorpio: Edit
Sex with Scorpio is a total emotional and physical experience with passion and intensity. They have amazing stamina and can last all night long, round after round. Scorpio is the zodiac sign that is the most likely to act out a sexual fantasy. Most people will talk about it but the Scorpio will do it, they will fully throw themselves into the role. Do not suggest a fantasy to a Scorpio unless you plan to do it! Most Scorpios are direct and forceful and they seem to be an expert at what they do. They continue to seduce you even as the act continues. A thrilling experience not for the faint of heart!
- Elena's birthday is November 2.
- Elena's zodiac sign is Scorpio.
- Elena's first name means "Light" or "Bright One".
- Elena's grandmother kept a jar of crystallized violets.
- Elena wears violet perfume.
- Elena doesn't eat very much.
- Elena loves coffee and prefers drinking coffee over eating.
- Elena quit the debate team some time before her Senior year in high school.
- Elena prefers baths over showers.
- Elena doesn't own her own car.
- Elena was transformed into a vampire by both Stefan and Damon Salvatore. Elena received blood from Stefan during their intimate blood sharing moments and Elena received blood from Damon when he fed from her during her sleep (and used dream manipulation to make Elena dream about him) and fed her his blood afterwards.
- Although Elena has a connection with Damon, Elena's destined soulmate and true love is Stefan.
- Elena is connected and linked to Stefan by a silver cord. This is known as "The Soulmate Principle".
- Elena is handspan taller than Katherine, according to Stefan.
- Elena's favourite hobby is writing in her diary.
- As a Guardian, Elena shares the same physical traits as other Guardians, which is light blonde hair and deep blue eyes.
- Elena has light blonde hair and deep blue eyes.
- Elena's eyes have flecks of gold in them.
- Elena's hair color is brown in the television series.
- Elena's counterparts from other LJ Smith series are Jenny Thornton (Forbidden Game), Hannah Snow (Night World), Jade Redfern (Night World), Thea Harman (Night World), Gillian Lennox (Night World), and Iliana Dominick (Night World).