Bonnie McCullough (Full Birth Name – Bonnie May Elizabeth McCullough) is the second main female character, former protagonist, quadragonist and fourth main character overall of The Vampire Diaries. Bonnie was born on July 5, 1996 in Fells Church, Virginia, USA. She's the youngest child of Shéamus McCullough and Aileen McCullough (née MacLachlan). Bonnie is a very powerful psychic human girl, later revealed to be a very powerful witch. Bonnie is the twin flame soulmate of Damon Salvatore, the best friend of Elena Gilbert, the childhood close friend Meredith Sulez and Matt Honeycutt, the close friend of Stefan Salvatore, the former childhood friend of Caroline Forbes and Tyler Smallwood, the wife and love interest of Zander, the intended love interest and object of affection of Bastian Cassidy, and the enemy of Klaus, Shinichi, and Misao.
Bonnie was born into a large family of witches. Her family eventually formed into a coven. Although her father and her mother possess the witch gene, neither are practicing witches, because in their families, the ability to practice witchcraft always skips a generation. In addition, some members of her family may or may not choose to embrace their abilities and practice witchcraft. For example, a few of her older sisters and brothers, are all born with the gift of magic and are technically all witches and warlocks, but they choose to suppress their abilities and keep them dormant, choosing to live as regular humans instead. Bonnie, being the youngest of the McCullough children, originally started out as the weakest in power. However, since Bonnie has learned to control and harness her abilities more effectively as a witch, she has become a very powerful witch, arguably becoming the most powerful of her family and the most powerful character in the series next to Damon.
Bonnie is of full Gaelic-Celtic ancestry. She is ¾ Scottish and ¼ Irish. Both of her maternal grandparents were Scottish immigrants while her paternal grandfather is Scottish-American and her paternal grandmother is an Irish immigrant. Bonnie is descended from patriarchal and matriarchal bloodlines of very powerful sorcerers, magicians, warlocks and witches. She is descended from ancient Celtic Druids who practiced Druidic and Celtic magic. The Celtic Druids are Bonnie's oldest known maternal ancestors. Bonnie's distant maternal ancestor Annis MacBàine, who was born in Scotland some time between 10th Century and 12th Century A.D., was a very powerful witch (arguably one of the most well known powerful witches in the world) who practiced and mastered very powerful, benevolent White Magic. She utilized her magic for good purposes and used it to help others (spells that she would conduct include health, healing, love, fertility, and cure spells, for example). MacBàine passed down the gift of White Magic onto her descendants (the MacLachlan family). As a result, the gift of White Magic skips a generation within the MacLachlan family. Bonnie's eldest known paternal ancestor Proinséas Ciarán (known commonly as Francis Blackburn in order to conceal his true identity), who was born in Ireland some time between 12th century and 14th Century A.D., was a very powerful, corruptive, and dangerous warlock. He practiced very destructive, malevolent Black or Dark Magic. Blackburn was a very deadly warlock who was the leader of an Irish Coven of witches and warlocks. Many greatly feared him due to his extreme power and malevolent, evil practices. However, before his corruption and turn to the dark side, Blackburn was originally a powerful, benevolent warlock who had good intentions and had used his magic to help, protect and save people. But once he started practicing and mastering the Dark Arts, he became twisted and corrupted by its power. Through this corruption with the use of Black Magic, Blackburn became selfish, hateful, vengeful, cruel, murderous, psychotic, twisted, and sociopathic. The man that he was before he used Black Magic completely disappeared and what was left was an evil, mentally warped, psychotic and deranged man. Even after he became evil and twisted in his ways, Blackburn would conceal his true intentions and personality by continuing to practice White Magic, like he had done before Black Magic corrupted him. Blackburn used his gift of magic to manipulate, torture and kill numerous people without any guilt or remorse. Members of his coven even compared him to the Devil himself because he was so malevolent and evil in his ways. He passed down his gift of Black Magic to his descendants (the McCullough family). But similar to the MacLachlan family, the gift of Black Magic skips a generation in the McCullough family. For example, both of Bonnie's parents, Seumas and Aileen, do not possess the gift of magic and are humans. However, her maternal grandmother (Lilias MacLachlan) and her paternal grandfather (Gregor McCullough) are a witch and warlock respectively and displayed the gift of magic.
Due to her bloodlines, Bonnie possesses the gift of White Magic through her matriarchal bloodline and Dark or Black Magic through her patriarchal bloodline. Within the MacLachlan family, it is the women who possess witch abilities or magic, while within the McCullough family, it is the men who possess warlock abilities or magic. Bonnie chooses to practice White Magic and chooses to keep her Dark Magic suppressed out of fear of hurting the people she loves or innocent people in addition to letting the darkness overwhelm or consume her. Bonnie's maternal grandmother, Lilias, who was a Scottish immigrant born in Edinburgh, Scotland, was a very powerful witch who practiced White Magic. Bonnie has slowly learned to control her strong abilities as a psychic turned witch, although her powers often become much too powerful and overwhelming for her to handle at times. Bonnie's witch abilities are hereditary according to herself, and she says that the witch powers and abilities always skip a generation in her matriarchal line and her patriarchal line. Bonnie has also used her magic successfully when trying to help Elena find Stefan when he had went missing in The Struggle.
Physically, Bonnie is described to be a small, petite girl with deep, large brown eyes, a heart shaped face, long strawberry red-gold loosely curly hair (which is originally straight but was curly permed to make her look taller than she is) and very fair skin or complexion, which is said to be highly translucent and opaque. Bonnie's physical appearance is often described to be innocent, dainty and childlike. Initially, in the very beginning of the series, Bonnie comes off as kind hearted and caring, but she is not seen to be very bright, scholarly and intelligent at all. In Dark Reunion, Bonnie begins to dabble in the art of witchcraft, and successfully pulls off a summoning ritual to call Stefan back to Fell's Church, then successfully manages to help Stefan communicate with a ghostly Elena by various means. At the end of Dark Reunion, Bonnie is the one who screams about the unfairness of their tragic fate, which triggers Elena's return from the afterlife. It is unknown if Bonnie's strong and powerful powers played any significant role in making this happen, or if it was just a matter of lucky timing (it was the night of the summer solstice, when ghosts were said to be prone to returning to Earth anyway). She slowly realizes that she isn't as dumb as she believes herself to be (and, as a result, as she's convinced everyone else she is), and that she's actually rather resourceful, useful, needed and loved by all of her friends. Although Bonnie's characterization generally appears to be light-hearted, bubbly and sweet, Bonnie is strongly and deeply fascinated with and drawn to darkness and unconventionality, especially with death. Bonnie frequently talks about, fantasizes about and romanticizes death, especially her own; constantly talking about her Scottish grandmother's prophecy that she would be young and beautiful in her grave, and she is going to die romantically. She is fickle, idealistic and flighty when it comes to the opposite sex.
Bonnie is described to be highly flirtatious and coy. She has a habit of chasing boys, therefore, this has made her look somewhat flighty, ditzy, unstable and even promiscuous when it comes to the opposite sex. She has had numerous boyfriends, crushes and infatuations whom she doesn't seem to take seriously at all due to her fickleness, flightiness and her inability to commit to a stable, long-term romantic relationship. Bonnie is initially attracted to Stefan Salvatore because she finds him polite, romantic and cultured. Bonnie has shown some interest in Matt Honeycutt. She begins to develop a relationship with Matt (especially in Dark Reunion), although Matt is still very much in love with Elena. Matt has been seen to be very protective over Bonnie, especially where Damon is concerned, and he appears to have a brotherly, best friend and platonic connection with her. She has a pleasant and easy-going connection with Matt. Bonnie has a very deep, strong, indescribable and undeniable attraction and connection with Damon Salvatore. She deeply and strongly cares about him (unconditionally) and is indescribably and undeniably drawn to him. Damon has frequently saved her life on various occasions throughout the course of the series and because of it, Damon is seen as Bonnie's hero and protector. Damon has shown to be fiercely protective (sometimes overly protective) of Bonnie even though he won't and can't admit it to himself (for whatever unexplained reasons) and he is always there for her whenever she is in trouble of any kind. Bonnie is Damon's "weak spot" although Damon constantly and repeatedly tries to deny it throughout the series. By the end of the original series, Bonnie had become significantly more mature, grounded and serious; focusing on the more important issues and problems at hand rather than about the opposite sex and chasing boys. She even surprises herself a few times with her own insightful, helpful contributions to the fight against Klaus. Bonnie, who is a powerful psychic with supposed witch ancestry, is often greatly overwhelmed by her powers, and attempts to repress the true extent of them without very much success.
☆ Physical Description ☆ EditBonnie is the arch-feminine type; the epitome of femininity and fragility. She is feminine, fragile and dainty and she has the appearance of a delicate damsel in distress. Physically, Bonnie is considered to have a perfect, symmetrical face; however, Bonnie does not seem to recognize or see her own physical beauty. Bonnie has an unconventional beauty with an otherworldly, exotic aura. She is not the standard blond-haired and blue-eyed model beauty that Elena is. Her beauty is something that could be considered "different". It could even be argued that Bonnie is prettier than Elena. Facially, Bonnie has a small heart-shaped face with a well-shaped rounded forehead, full cheeks, and a delicate chin. She has very white, fair (just as fair as Elena), soft and translucent skin, almost like that of a young baby's skin. Bonnie's skin is lightly freckled because of her Scottish/Irish or Celtic heritage. Along with the fair and translucent skin, Bonnie has lightly rose-tinted cheeks. Bonnie's skin is so fair and opaque that her blue veins and fjords are visible to the naked eye; Damon mentions this when he first meets Bonnie unexpectedly in After Hours. Bonnie has very beautiful almond shaped eyes that are large and slightly wide-set. Bonnie's eyes are very soft, watery, limpid and soulful yet vibrant, luminous and expressive at the same time. She has noticeably long, thick black lashes which frame her soft eyes. As for her eye colour, Bonnie has hazel-brown or honey-coloured eyes. Bonnie has femininely arched eyebrows that frame her soulful, soft and limpid eyes. She has a very small, straight, slender and delicate nose that is slightly upturned at the tip; her nose is best described as a "pixie or fairy nose". Bonnie has a well-shaped mouth with well-formed and full lips. As noted by Damon himself, she has a very warm, soulful and enchanting smile with perfectly straight white teeth. Bonnie has noticeably large and rounded indentations or dimples in both of her cheeks when she smiles. As for her hair, Bonnie has very thick, luxurious, softly curled (also slightly frizzy) ranging from reddish gold to strawberry red hair that looks like it is on fire. Bonnie's hair trails down her back all the way to the middle of her waist. Bonnie's original hair type is bone straight but she permed her hair curly, because she believes it will give her some height. Bonnie has slightly large yet delicate and elf-like ears to match her small and fine facial features, similar to that of a pixie or fairy. Bonnie has an exceptionally long, slender and delicate neck, similar to that of a ballerina from Swan Lake. Damon has taken notice of Bonnie's long, delicate neck; he has noticed that she has very visible blue veins on her neck. Damon noted to himself that Bonnie's neck is extremely tempting for a vampire, because it is very long, delicate and has visible veins along it, making it easier for a vampire to feed. As for her body and her physique, Bonnie is very slim and slender. Bonnie has a small boned, slight and elfin type body. Her figure is somewhere between that of a young girl and a woman. She has small breasts (she is an A Cup) and Bonnie often complains about her small breasts, saying that it makes her feel less of a young woman and more like a child. She has a very slim torso, with very small shoulders, slim and delicate arms, a very tiny waist, slightly wide hips and slim, short legs with small hands and small, delicate and dainty feet. Bonnie is very short and petite in height. She is between 4'9" to 4'11", which only makes her physical appearance all the more childlike. According to Damon, Bonnie has a very charming, pleasant and melodious voice. Damon is strongly attracted and drawn to it. Hence why he has given Bonnie the pet names "Little Redbird", "Redbird" and "Songbird". As for her fashion sense and sense of style, Bonnie dresses in casual clothing with the exception of formal gatherings and events. Nevertheless, Bonnie always looks very feminine and stylish in whatever she chooses to wear. Often, Bonnie wears jeans with a variety of nice, assorted coloured tops. As for her footwear preference, she wears sneakers, high heels, or boots. Bonnie has a tendency to accessorize. She wears necklaces, pendants, rings, bracelets, earrings and belts with her ensemble. Bonnie's overall appearance is innocent, vulnerable, and fragile; comparable to a kitten. However, she has a classical yet unconventional beauty that gives her the constant impression of a pixie or a fairy. Her physique was described by Damon to be somewhat diminutive and slightly underdeveloped in appearance. Her body is somewhere between that of a little girl and a young woman. Bonnie has very small breasts and she is almost flat chested; she is an A-cup bra size, so she is not completely last chested. Bonnie has long, luxurious, and thick reddish-gold hair that used to be straight before she permed it curly, since she believed it made her look taller. The appearance and the abundance of her hair is what makes her resemble a pixie. She has a small heart-shaped face with a widow's peak and soft delicate features: a small, straight and dainty nose like that of a cherub, deeply-defined dimples in both cheeks, and large, almond-shaped hazel-brown eyes with long, thick eyelashes. Her smile was noted by Damon to be soulful and enchanting. Her skin is as fair and perfect and translucent as that of Elena's, so fair indeed that her veins and fjords are easily visible (Damon had taken significant notice of this). Despite her height, Bonnie was noted by Damon to have an exceptionally long and dainty neck, like that of a ballerina in Swan Lake. He had also described her voice to be charming, highly melodious, and pleasant, comparable to that of a nightingale or a songbird, hence his nickname for her is "Little Bird" or "Little Redbird".
A few quotes from the books describe's Bonnie's physical appearance:
From The Struggle: "Blinking, Elena brought a face into focus. It was small and heart-shaped, with fair, almost translucent skin, framed by masses of soft red curls. Wide brown eyes, with snowflakes caught in the lashes, stared worriedly into hers."
From The Return: Nightfall: "Bonnie, with her hair that was called something strawberry, but that looked simply as if it was on fire. Bonnie of the translucent skin, with the delicate violet fjords and estuaries of veins all over her throat and inner arms. Bonnie, who had lately taken to looking at him sideways with her large childlike eyes, big and brown, under lashes like stars."
From Damon and Bonnie: After Hours: "The maiden, who was exceptionally dainty and pretty and had, to a vampire, the most exquisite feature of all, an exceptionally long and delicate column of a neck, was looking up at him soulfully. That was nice, that she was short. Damon didn’t care that much for tall girls because he wasn’t very tall himself. She also had - you couldn’t help notice - particularly large eyes in her small heart-shaped face, giving her the appearance of a kitten. They were clear brown eyes, with a dark ring at the outer rim of the iris, then a very light brown ring, as if light were shining through them in the middle, and then another dark ring around the pupil. Her hair was the color of a strawberry and curled softly all over her head in a way that made you think “pixie.” Altogether, she was a lovely little ornament, with fine blue veins in naturally translucent skin."
♡ Personality Description ♡ Edit
Bonnie is a good-hearted, good-natured, cheerful, likeable, charismatic, kind, caring, nurturing, loving, empathetic, sensitive, romantic and charming person, but she is not considered to be that bright or intelligent at the start of the series. She is not an academic, scholarly person by any means. Bonnie does not take school or her studies very seriously at all. In most instances, Bonnie finds school too serious, boring, and disciplinary for her personality. Bonnie starts off highly unsure about her identity and her future. She seems to have no clue as to who she is and what she really stands for. She is immature, naive, ditzy, childish, shallow, boy-crazy, and insecure in the beginning. However, as the series progresses over a time, Bonnie begins to strongly develop, mature, deepen and evolve in many ways. She begins to get a much deeper and clearer understanding of who she really is. Through her character development and evolvement, Bonnie becomes a more mature, stable, grounded, and strong-willed person. As well as developing as a person, her already strong and powerful psychic or witch abilities (which are hereditary and run through her matriarchal bloodline) start to develop and become more and more powerful as time goes on. She eventually masters the art of witchcraft, acknowledging her status and identity as a witch. Bonnie is a practicing Wiccan; it has been hinted in the books that Bonnie is not only a powerful psychic but that she has very powerful witch ancestry (according to Bonnie, her maternal grandmother was a very powerful witch). Bonnie is extremely loyal, compassionate, empathetic, loving, kind, caring, nurturing, and fiercely protective. She will do absolutely anything for her friends, her family and the people she loves. Not only this, but Bonnie is the kind of person that would help innocent people or a person in need. She's a generous person and she is always trying to lend a helping hand when it is most needed. Bonnie comes off as rather eccentric, quirky, and offbeat in personality. She is highly misunderstood as a result, even by her own family and her own group of close friends. Bonnie is strongly attracted to the unusual, wild side of life. She has a thing for the bizarre, and she appears the most unconventional and avant garde out of the core group. She is a highly adventurous, spontaneous, explorative and curious person. In many ways, she is rather opposite of her best friend, Elena. While Elena has a tendency to be more vain, proud, and selfish, Bonnie is more of a humble, generous, giving and selfless person. For the majority of Bonnie's life since her childhood, Bonnie has always seemed to live in the shadows of Elena. Therefore, she has always felt like she is second best because of it. Bonnie feels deep down that Elena and Meredith are more of a woman than her and that she will forever be seen as the "child" of the group, because she is the least emotionally and mentally mature, even though she is the exact same age as them. Despite this, Bonnie never seems to complain even though she has always ended up feeling second best to both Elena and Meredith. Although, Bonnie is not the overly competitive type in the way that Elena is; therefore, she has felt absolutely no desire to try to compete with Elena in any way. This is because Bonnie has always felt like she has lived in Elena's shadow anyways. Bonnie doesn't come off as the intense academic or scholarly type whatsoever, but the reason for this is that she has a habit of engaging her mouth and her emotions before her brain. However, despite that she is not an academic person by nature, she is rather intelligent, intuitive, sharp, quick and intellectual in many other ways. She has a "sixth sense"; therefore, she can read the emotions and the thoughts of other people with complete ease. She also possesses an off beat sense of humour. Bonnie is also capable of being extremely sarcastic when she wants to be, especially when she is irritated, angry, annoyed or frustrated. She is known to provide much comic relief and wit, especially in times of tense and dire situations. Bonnie has a tendency to use humour, wit and sarcasm to hide what she feels or to protect her feelings from possible hurt. Bonnie is extremely friendly, likeable, light-hearted, cheerful and charming. Therefore, all of her friends adore her and are highly protective of her. Although, it has been seen that many of Bonnie's friends happen to underestimate Bonnie. They have a habit of treating Bonnie like she is a child, and they refuse to see her true and full potential as a person. Her friends often feel the need to protect and take extra care of Bonnie constantly, because they see her as the damsel in distress who needs constant saving and protecting. As a result, Bonnie is severely underestimated and under appreciated amongst her own inner circle. Bonnie fits in with the group, but doesn't fit in with the group at the same time. She is best friends with Elena, Meredith, Matt, and Stefan. She has been childhood friends with Elena, Meredith and Matt since kindergarten and was close friends with former friend-turned-rival Caroline since the first grade. Bonnie gradually befriends Stefan after Matt befriends him and becomes best friends with him. Bonnie is extremely close to Elena (Elena considers Bonnie to be her very best friend and Bonnie refers to Elena as her best friend), and she also has a very strong bond and friendship with Meredith as well (who also considers Bonnie to be her very best friend). Bonnie used to be best friends with Caroline until she turned against Elena at the start of their Senior year. Bonnie grew distant from Caroline when she had become ultra competitive, especially with Elena. Bonnie develops a strong dislike for Tyler and although she initially finds him attractive because of shallow reasons (he's physically attractive, rich, athletic, strong), Bonnie has said that Tyler possesses an unbearable, unlikable, and intolerable personality. Bonnie develops a good, solid, platonic friendship with Stefan. She initially finds Stefan very handsome, attractive, romantic, polite and cultured. Bonnie thinks that Stefan is a good-hearted and caring person with the best of intentions. Stefan has described Bonnie as the "fiery little pixie", giving the nickname to Bonnie with the implication that Bonnie is a passionate, spunky, and fiery person in nature. Damon has said that Bonnie can be stubborn, impractical and naive at times. Bonnie starts off as very emotionally dependent on other people. As the series goes on, she becomes a much more independent, confident, and self-assured person. She also matures and grows up rather fast in the original trilogy, showing much spiritual and emotional growth.
Bonnie generally has a positive, optimistic attitude. She is highly spiritual and has a very gentle and healing nature. Bonnie has a tendency to put a great deal of emphasis in fantasy or at the unseen in her life, whether it be her emotions or her own intuition. Bonnie has a habit of absorbing the thoughts and emotions of everyone around her; therefore, she is highly sensitive, receptive, empathic, and emotional. Bonnie is rather enchanting in personality. She is very kind to her friends as there is nothing that she would not do for any of them. She is very emotionally dependent on her loved ones. Bonnie hates to see those she loves and cares for suffer in any form. It could be argued that Bonnie is too overly selfless and giving. She never really pays enough attention to her own happiness and wellbeing. Bonnie is too emotionally involved in the lives of her friends to the point where she seems to lose her own identity in the process. Bonnie shows a dislike of discord and violence of any kind as it upsets her sensitive, fragile and emotional nature. Despite her generally kind and caring personality, Bonnie is very fiery, intense, passionate, feisty and spunky. She can definitely be very strong willed and determined, especially when she wants something. Bonnie has also been shown to be rather reckless, impulsive, hot-headed and overly emotional at times. In comparison to Elena (who is balanced between being emotional and stoic) and Meredith (who is stoical, calm and aloof), Bonnie is the most emotional of the main trio of girls. Bonnie also has a quick, fiery temper when provoked and it is very easy to provoke her into anger. She also has a sharp and biting tongue when she is upset, angered, betrayed or hurt. Since Bonnie does not have height or size to use to her advantage, she will often use cutting, sharp and hurtful words when she lashes out at others (very much like Damon). She has even managed to hurt Damon of all people with her words. Bonnie is also rebellious and doesn't seem like she cares about following the norm or the rules. She seems like the type that would be into an unconventional way of living. Although kind, caring and empathetic, she has a strong dark streak or side to her personality. She is fascinated with the dark side of life, such as death/dying, blood, morbidity, the supernatural and darkness/living in the shadows. Bonnie is also easily corruptible by dark forces and darkness. This is probably so because dark forces, entities and beings are either drawn to Bonnie's goodness, naivety, fragility which make her easy to take advantage of/easily corruptible or they see a darkness in Bonnie that makes her easy to turn to the dark side. She seems to have no issue with talking about death and she even happily fantasizes about how she is going to die and be young and beautiful in her grave. Bonnie also fantasizes about being physically strangled and dominated by hot, strong and dominant men, indicating that she is into the darker side of romance.
Bonnie has extremely strong and powerful psychic abilities. Her powers seem to become most vibrant, active, or heightened when she is in Damon's presence. She is able to feel Damon's Power clearly when she is around him or with him. She is able to sense what he is feeling and thinking (this is seen in Dark Reunion). Most of the time, Bonnie seems to act as an unwitting medium for helpful spirits and ghosts, most notably the spirit of a powerful witch named Honoria Fell, who has made many attempts to aid the girls (Elena and Meredith) when they are in need of help through Bonnie. Bonnie does not remember anything she says or does while she is in this condition, because she basically goes into a catatonic state or a hypnotic trance. She has occasional prophetic flashes, such as when she jokingly (but coincidentally) reads Elena's palm on the first day of school and comes up with a genuine prophecy or prediction that she would meet a dark, handsome but not imposingly tall stranger (the same day that Elena met Stefan). Bonnie uses her powers in times of significant purpose. She's shown herself to be very useful, resourceful, competent, helpful and beneficial during plans, battles, and missions. Bonnie is the most purposeful, useful and resourceful person in the entire series, simply because of her powerful abilities as a witch. In Dark Reunion, Bonnie begins practice and embrace her witchcraft (because of her witch ancestry). She successfully pulls off a summoning ritual to call Stefan (and later on, Damon) back to Fell's Church, then successfully manages to help Stefan communicate with Elena in spirit by various means through a dream sequence. At the end of Dark Reunion, Bonnie is the one who screams about the unfairness of their tragic fate, which triggers Elena's unexpected return from the afterlife or Spirit World. It is unknown if Bonnie's powers played any significant role in making this occur, or if it was just a matter of lucky timing (it was the night of the summer solstice, when ghosts were prone to returning to Earth from the Spirit World anyway). As the series progressed, she slowly realizes that she is not as unintelligent and dumb as she believes herself to be (and, as a result, as she's convinced everyone else she is). She realizes that she's actually capable of being intelligent when she puts her mind to it. Bonnie also comes to realize that many of her friends are strongly dependent on her; that they need Bonnie during times of need. Even though Bonnie is known to be timid, fragile, delicate and vulnerable, she is much stronger and tougher (physically, mentally and emotionally) than she appears to be on the outside. Even though she can be rather naive, idealistic, gullible, and trusting at times, Bonnie is rather sharp and challenging. She does have a highly passionate, emotional nature, even more passionate than Elena herself. Bonnie is idealistic and she is a hopeless romantic. Although Bonnie's character appears to be generally light-hearted, Bonnie possesses an inherently dark, brooding streak within her personality. She is deeply drawn to adventure and the dangerous, unusual, wild, and unpredictable side of life. Bonnie is deeply fascinated and intrigued with darkness, especially with death or dying, the occult, and morbidity. Bonnie frequently talks about death with a light hearted humour, much to Elena and Meredith's discomfort. Bonnie romanticizes and fantasizes about death, especially her own. She constantly talks about her Scottish grandmother's prophecy that she will die young; that she would be young and beautiful in her grave. She consistently talks about how romantically she might die. Bonnie has had some very dark, twisted fetishes and fantasies about romance, love and the opposite sex. She doesn't seem to show any disgust at the potential of being romantically involved with an edgy bad boy that is a potential criminal (such as a serial killer, rapist, abuser) who is extremely unconventional and does not live by the rules of society. Bonnie has a dark fetish about being tied up and being completely submissive to a very dominant, domineering, and controlling guy. Bonnie has openly stated that her deep, dark fantasy or fetish is being strangled, beaten up, or tied up by a hot guy (primarily someone who is a bad boy). As for the type of guy Bonnie seems to be attracted to, she seems to have a thing for very attractive, strong, dark, controlling, and compelling men. At the start, she is fickle in chasing after Stefan, and then Matt throughout the original series. By the end of the original series, however, Bonnie has become much more deep, mature, stable, and grounded, focusing on the more important problems at hand than about love, romance, flirting, and the opposite sex. She even surprises herself a few times with her own insightful contributions to the fight against a powerful Old One named Klaus. Bonnie, who is a highly strong witch, is overwhelmed by the strength of her powers at times. She attempts to repress the true extent of them without very much success. She is sometimes very afraid of what she can and might do and is scared of her strong powers using her, instead of the other way around. As a witch, Bonnie has intense dreams, prophetic flashes, visions and predictions, which has sometimes caused her to pass out, faint and become unconscious, because of its severe intensity at times.
Bonnie is highly romantic. She seems to have a strong desire to belong to someone and give herself to someone completely and wholly. Bonnie is very naive and idealistic when it comes to love and romance. She seems to thrive on the idea of having a prince charming or a knight in shining armour constantly saving her and swooping her off her feet when she needs protecting. Bonnie is in love with the idea of love. She has consistently been fickle when it comes to the opposite sex throughout her life. She has a tendency to chase after boys for the hell of it; she seems to chase the opposite sex simply because she wants to or desires to belong to someone. Despite her constant chasing, Bonnie never seems satisfied with the boys that she does chase and date. She is extremely boy-crazy and unable to settle down with one particular guy for too long because of her addiction to flirting. Bonnie has had various boyfriends and flings. None of them she has managed to take seriously or stick with for a prolonged time. She seems highly fickle, flirtatious, coy and flighty when it comes to the opposite sex, mostly because of her immaturity and naivety regarding love and romance. She is unsure of what kind of man she is really looking for or interested in at the start of the story. Despite her immaturity in the love department, Bonnie is very passionate and emotional when it comes to love. She is a hopeless romantic at heart, someone who is willing to be completely devoted to another person. Bonnie can come off as jealous, clingy and dependent towards her potential romantic suitors. She does seem to have a particular type of guy that she is looking for; she seems strongly attracted to strong, powerful men who will go out of their way to protect her and keep her safe. At the start, she thought Stefan was very romantic, attractive and polite, and she was very thankful to him when he saved her from an intense situation with the History teacher, Mr. Tanner. She begins to develop some romantic feelings for her close friend Matt, although Matt was still very much in love with Elena at the time. However, Bonnie's relationship with Matt is highly platonic in nature. Matt has more of a brotherly relationship with Bonnie, meaning that he is quite protective of her (sometimes overly protective), especially when it comes to protecting her from Damon (whom Matt has always seen as potential danger or threat). Bonnie has a very deep, intense and complex connection and relationship with Damon. There is an indescribable, electrifying, and magnetic connection between Damon and Bonnie. Bonnie is Damon's weak spot and Damon has a lot of indescribable inner tenderness for her. Their connection and relationship is known as one of the most intriguing, unusual and interesting dynamics of the entire series (according to many readers), and their connection is an intriguing combination of platonic, romantic, and sexual in nature; crossing a fine line between genuinely innocent or pure and intensely, dangerously passionate and erotic. Despite the fact that Damon and Bonnie have had many moments of deep tenderness and affection (Damon has kissed her many times throughout the course of the series), Damon and Bonnie have also had somewhat of a chaotic, tumultuous relationship sparingly throughout the series. Bonnie was the very first person whom Damon met immediately after arriving in Fells Church. She has often talked about how gorgeous and inhumanely beautiful Damon is (beyond his physical appearance). She has even admitted to herself that he is almost more gorgeous than Damon's younger brother, Stefan. She seems strongly, magnetically drawn to Damon for indescribable reasons but part of the reason is because he is mysterious and edgy with a bad boy image. She is also deeply, strongly fascinated by his dark, compelling and powerful aura, which often causes her psychic powers to react, heighten and intensify immensely.
Bonnie deeply, strongly as well as unconditionally cares about Damon despite what anyone else thinks or says about him (including her own friends Elena, Meredith and Matt), and Damon has saved her life when she has been in trouble on many occasions throughout the course of the series, including unexpectedly before the original series began (After Hours). She often believes in Damon; believing that Damon is a good, kind-hearted, compassionate, affectionate and caring person, despite him repeatedly trying to hide it through committing incessant immoral acts. Bonnie strongly feels that underneath the cold, uncaring exterior that Damon puts up as a wall for self-preservation, that he is a kind, gentle, tender person deep down within, who is simply highly misunderstood. She strongly believes in Damon regardless of the circumstances, even if Damon has treated her badly, due to his ego or selfish gratification. Bonnie was the very first person to see Damon's deeply buried, inner humanity. Damon naturally and effortlessly brings out a much stronger, deeper, passionate and mature person/side out of Bonnie. Damon has managed to have a strong, yet silent impact on Bonnie's involvement and personal development throughout the series. Because of Damon, Bonnie is able to see the world much differently then she did at the beginning of the series (which was a highly idealistic, shallow view), and therefore, she has become much more mature, practical and much more aware of the world around her. Out of everyone in the series, Damon is the one and only person who sees Bonnie's true, greatest and full potential as an individual and he sees her as a much stronger, passionate and powerful young woman at the core of her being (though he still thinks of her as a woman-child at times), even though she appears very fragile and vulnerable on the outside. Damon and Bonnie have shared many deep, intense and meaningful moments together in the series, although many of these "special moments" in which they have shared together have not been revealed throughout the series and have been rather 'secretive' in nature (although the reason for this is not known). Damon is fiercely and strongly protective of Bonnie and he will do absolutely anything at all costs to protect her from harm and keep her safe. He is also very nurturing, tender and gentle with her, even though he won't admit his actions of affection towards her to himself. He seems to always be there for her when she's in trouble, or when she calls him for help. Bonnie is the one person in the series who brings out the true human side in Damon naturally and effortlessly;thecaring, affectionate, compassionate, tender side of him —the 'true Damon', which is deeply hidden within his soul. It is highly clear that Damon has a strong, indescribable soft spot and tenderness for Bonnie, although the exact reason for this is highly unexplained and unknown. In terms of outer personalities, Bonnie is the complete and total opposite of Damon in many ways. Bonnie has a lighter personality; Damon has a darker personality. Bonnie is more selfless and humble; Damon is more selfish, vain and proud. Bonnie is more weak, fragile and vulnerable; Damon is more dominant, powerful and strong. Bonnie is moral; Damon is immoral. Bonnie is more emotionally weak; Damon is more emotionally strong. Yet, despite the many differences in their outer personalities, Damon and Bonnie share a special, deep, strong affinity and bond with each other. In the Evensong trilogy, it has been strongly implied that Damon is Bonnie's soul mate. Bonnie is often referred to in the novels, especially in The Return: Nightfall, as a maiden. Damon often thinks of her as a maiden because of her innocence, although although she is the same age as Elena. In the novels, Damon often refers to her as a "woman-child". She is somewhat of a child and she faints constantly, as she lacks any control or self-restraint over her very strong psychic powers. Bonnie is very fragile and she is easily frightened and overwhelmed, although she does become a much stronger person as the series progresses. She is highly expansive and visionary, but she is quite damsel-in-distress like.
♀ Names ♀ Edit
BONNIE ♀ (1st Name) Edit
- Bonnie is a feminine given name of Scottish or Scots-Irish origin. The meaning of the name Bonnie means "Pretty", "Charming", "Beautiful" or "Attractive".
- Other variations of Bonnie include Bonea, Bonee, Boney, Boni, Bonia, Boniah, Bonie, Bonne, Bonnea, Bonnee, Bonnell, Bonney, Bonni, Bonnia, Bonniah, Bonnin, Bonny, Bonnie-Bell, Bonnie-Belle, Bonnie-Sue, Bonnie-Marie, Bonnie-Anne, Bonnie-Ann, Bonnie-Beth, Bonnie-Claire, Bonnie-Ellen, Bonnie-Grace, Bonnie-Jane, Bonnie-Jo, Bonnie-Louise, Bonnie-Lou, Bonnie-Rose, Bonnebell, Bonnebelle, Bonnibela, Bonnibelah, Bonnibele, Bonnibell, Bonnibella, Bonnibellah, Bonnibelle, Bonniebell, Bonniebelle, Bonnybell, Bonnybelle, Bonita, Bonesha, Bonetta, Bonitah, Bonitta, Bonittah, Bonnetta, Bonnita, Bonnitah, Bonnitta, Bonnyta, Bonnytta, Bonyta, Bonytta.
MAY ♀ (2nd Name) Edit
- May is a feminine given name of English/Latin origin. It is a diminutive, pet name or variation of the names Mary, Marie, Maria, and Margaret. The meaning of the name May, Marie, or Maria is "Star of the Sea", "From the Sea of Bitterness", "Rebelliousness". The meaning of the name Margaret is "Pearl".
- Other variations of May include Retha (Afrikaans), Mariam, Maryam (Arabic), Margarid, Margarit, Mariam (Armenian), Maria, Miren, Maia (Basque), Maryia (Belarusian), Mary, Miriam (Biblical), Maria, Mariam (Biblical Greek), Miriam (Biblical Hebrew), Maria (Biblical Latin), Mari (Breton), Margarita, Maria, Mariya (Bulgarian), Margarida, Maria, Mariona, Ona (Catalan), Maria (Corsican), Margareta, Marija, Marijeta (Croatian), Marie, Markéta, Madlenka, Maja, Marika (Czech), Margareta, Margit, Margrethe, Mari, Maria, Marie, Grete, Grethe, Maiken, Maja, Majken, Margarethe, Marianne, Merete, Meta, Mette, Mia, Rita (Danish), Margareta, Margaretha, Margriet, Maria, Marja, Marjo, Mirjam, Annabel, Greet, Greetje, Griet, Jet, Maaike, Manon, Margreet, Marianne, Marieke, Mariëlle, Mariëtte, Marijke, Marijse, Marike, Mariska, Marita, Marjan, Meike, Mia, Mieke, Miep, Mies, Ria (Dutch), Maarja, Maret, Margit, Mari, Mirjam, Maarika, Mare, Marika (Estonian), Maaria, Maarit, Margareta, Maria, Marja, Marjaana, Marjo, Marketta, Mirjam, Mirjami, Maarika, Maija, Margareeta, Mari, Marianne, Marika, Marita, Maritta, Marjatta, Marjukka, Marjut, Miia, Reeta, Reetta (Finnish), Marguerite, Marie, Myriam, Annabelle, Manon, Margaux, Margot, Marianne, Marielle, Mariette, Marion, Marise (French), Maria, Maike, Mareike (Frisian), Margarida, María (Galician), Mariam, Mariami, Meri (Georgian), Margareta, Margarete, Margaretha, Margarethe, Maria, Marie, Miriam, Mirjam, Greta, Gretchen, Grete, Gretel, Maike, Maja, Mareike, Margrit, Marianne, Mariele, Marita, Meike, Meta, Mia, Mitzi, Ria, Rita (German), Maria, Marika (Greek), Malia, Mele (Hawaiian), Margalit, Miriam, Margalita (Hebrew), Mariamne (History), Margaréta, Margit, Margita, Mária, Gréta, Mara, Mari, Marica, Marika, Mariska, Rita (Hungarian), Margrét, María, Mæja (Icelandic), Máire, Mairéad, Maura, Moira, Mairenn, Máirín, Mallaidh, Maureen, Moyra (Irish), Margherita, Maria, Mariella, Marietta, Mimi, Rita (Italian), Amabilia, Margarita (Late Roman), Marija (Latvian), Margreet, Greet (Limburgish), Margarita, Marija (Lithuanian), Marija (Macedonian), Margaid, Moirrey, Paaie, Voirrey (Manx), Mere (Maori), Malle, Meggy, Molle (Medieval English), Margareta, Margit, Margrete, Margrethe, Mari, Maria, Marie, Grete, Grethe, Maiken, Maja, Marianne, Marit, Marita, Meta, Mette, Mia, Rita (Norwegian), Margarida, Maria (Occitan), Maryam (Persian), Małgorzata, Maria, Gosia, Małgosia, Marzena (Polish), Margarida, Maria, Anabela, Mariazinha, Rita (Portuguese), Margareta, Maria (Romanian), Margarita, Maria, Mariya, Marya, Maryana (Russian), Márjá (Sami), Maighread, Mairead, Màiri, Maura, Moira, Maisie, Marsaili, Mysie, Peigi (Scottish), Marija (Serbian), Margita, Mária, Markéta (Slovak), Margareta, Marija, Marjeta, Mirjam (Slovene), Margarita, María, Anabel, Marita, Rita (Spanish), Maritza (Spanish (Latin American)), Margareta, Margit, Mari, Maria, Marie, Greta, Maja, Majken, Marianne, Marit, Marita, Märta, Merit, Meta, Mia, My, Rita (Swedish), Meryem (Turkish), Maria, Mariya (Ukrainian), Meryem (Uyghur), Mair, Mairwen, Marged, Mari, Mererid, Mared, Megan (Welsh), Madge, Mae, Maggie, Mamie, Marge, Margie, Mariel, Marinda, Mayme, Meg, Peg, Peggie, Peggy, Midge, Molly.
- Other variations of Marie or Maria include Mae, Mai, Maelynn, Maelee, Maj, Mala, Mayana, Maye, Mayleen, Maylene, Mei, Mayberry, Maybeth, Mayday, Maydee, Maydena, Mayela, Mayella, Mayetta, Mayrene, Mariam, Maryam (Arabic), Mariam (Armenian), Maria, Miren, Maia (Basque), Maryia (Belarusian), Maria, Mariam (Biblical Greek), Miriam (Biblical Hebrew), Maria (Biblical Latin), Mari (Breton), Mariya (Bulgarian), Maria, Mariona, Ona (Catalan), Maria (Corsican), Marija, Maja, Mara, Mare, Marica, Marijeta, Mojca (Croatian), Marie, Madlenka, Maja, Marika (Czech), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maiken, Maja, Majken, Marianne, Mia (Danish), Maria, Marja, Marjo, Mirjam, Jet, Maaike, Manon, Marianne, Marieke, Mariëlle, Mariëtte, Marijke, Marijse, Marike, Mariska, Marita, Marjan, Meike, Mia, Mieke, Miep, Mies, Ria (Dutch), Maarja, Mari, Mirjam, Maarika, Mare, Marika (Estonian), Maaria, Maria, Marja, Marjaana, Marjo, Mirjam, Mirjami, Jaana, Maarika, Maija, Mari, Marianne, Marika, Marita, Maritta, Marjatta, Marjukka, Marjut, Miia, Mirja (Finnish), Marie, Myriam, Manon, Marianne, Marielle, Mariette, Marion, Marise (French), Maria, Maike, Mareike (Frisian), María (Galician), Mariam, Mariami, Meri (Georgian), Maria, Marie, Miriam, Mirjam, Maike, Maja, Mareike, Marianne, Mariele, Marita, Meike, Mia, Mitzi, Ria (German), Maria, Marika (Greek), Malia, Mele (Hawaiian), Miriam (Hebrew), Mariamne (History), Mária, Mara, Mari, Marica, Marika, Mariska (Hungarian), María, Mæja (Icelandic), Máire, Maura, Moira, Mairenn, Máirín, Mallaidh, Maureen, Maurine, Moyra (Irish), Maria, Marianna, Mariella, Marietta, Mimi (Italian), Marija (Latvian), Marija (Lithuanian), Marija, Maja, Mare (Macedonian), Moirrey, Voirrey (Manx), Mere (Maori), Malle, Molle (Medieval English), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maiken, Maja, Marianne, Mia (Norwegian), Maria (Occitan), Maryam (Persian), Maria, Maja, Marika, Maryla, Marzena (Polish), Maria, Mariana, Mariazinha (Portuguese), Maria (Romanian), Mariya, Marya, Manya, Maryana, Masha (Russian), Márjá (Sami), Màiri, Maura, Moira, Moyra (Scottish), Marija, Maja, Mara, Marica (Serbian), Mária, Maja, Marika (Slovak), Marija, Mirjam, Maja, Mare, Marica, Mojca (Slovene), María, Marita (Spanish), Maritza (Spanish (Latin American)), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maja, Majken, Marianne, Mia, My (Swedish), Meryem (Turkish), Mariya (Ukrainian), Meryem (Uyghur), Mair, Mairwen, Mari (Welsh), Mirele (Yiddish), Mamie, Marianne, Mariel, Marinda, Marion, Mayme, Mollie, Molly, Pollie, Polly (English), Maralyn, Maria, Marie, Marilyn, Marilynn, Marlyn, Marylyn, Merilyn, Maree, Merrilyn (English), Mariella, Marietta, Mimi (Italian), Mariazinha (Portuguese), Mariona, Ona (Catalan), Maja, Mareike, Mariele, Marita, Meike, Mia, Mitzi, Ria (German), Maja, Majken, Mia, My (Swedish), Maiken, Maja, Mia (Norwegian), Maiken, Maja, Majken, Mia (Danish), Jet, Maaike, Marieke, Mariëlle, Mariëtte, Marijke, Marike, Mariska, Marita, Meike, Mia, Mieke, Miep, Mies, Ria (Dutch), Maike, Mareike (Frisian), Marika (Greek), Maja, Marika, Maryla, Marzena (Polish), Mimi (English), Maarika, Maija, Mari, Marika, Marita, Maritta, Marjatta, Marjukka, Marjut (Finnish), Maia (Basque), Ana María (Spanish, Portuguese), Anamaria (English) (English form of Anamaría), Anamaría (Spanish), Ann Marie (English) (Variant of Anne Marie) (Variant of Anne Marie), Anna Maria (Italian) (Old form of Annamaria), Annamaria (English, Italian), Annamarie (English), Annmarie (English), Anne Marie (English) (English version of Anne-Marie), Anne-Marie (French, English), Maaike (Dutch), Maaja (Estonian), Maare (Estonian), Maari (Estonian), Maaria (Finnish), Maarika (Estonian, Finnish), Maarja (Estonian), Madonna (Catholic's other name of The Virgin Mary), Mae (English), Mæja (Icelandic), Maia (Basque, Italian), Maie (Estonian), Maija (Finnish), Maijii (Finnish), Maiju (Estonian), Maike (Frisian, German), Maiken (Danish, Norwegian), Maikki (Finnish), Maila (Latvian), Maili (Estonian), Mair (Welsh), Maira (Irish), Máire (Irish), Mairenn (Irish), Màiri (Scottish), Máirín (Irish), Mairita (Latvian), Mairīta (Latvian), Mairīte (Latvian), Mairuta (Latvian), Mairwen (Welsh), Maite (Spanish) (Short form of María Teresa), Maja (Croatian, German, Polish, Scandinavian, Serbian, Slovene), Majka (Czech), Majken (Danish, Swedish), Maleah (English), Mali (Spanish), Malia (Hawaiian, Zuni), Malika (English language|English), Mallaidh (Irish), Mamen (Spanish) (Short form of María Carmen), Mamie (English), Máňa (Czech), Manette (French), Manka (Czech, Polish), Manon (French), Manya (Polish, Russian), Mar (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria do Mar), Mara (Hungarian, Polish, Russian), Italian, Marča (Czech), Marcsa (Hungarian), Mare (Irish, Latvian, Lithuanian), Maree (English), Mareike (Frisian, German), Mareka (Latvian), Maren (Aramaic), Mařenka (Czech), Mareta (Latvian), Māreta (Latvian), Mareye (Walloon), Margaret Mary (English), Margarita María (Spanish), Marguerite Marie (French), English, Mari (Breton, Estonian, Finnish, Hungarian, Welsh), Marī (Latvian), Mária (Hungarian, Slovakian), María (Galician, Spanish), Maria (Albanian, Corsican, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, German, Greek, Icelandic, Italian, Kiswahili, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Scandinavian), Maria da Adoração (Portuguese), María Adoración (Spanish), Maria Amalia (Italian), Maria Amália (Portuguese), Maria Amelia (Italian), Maria Amélia (Portuguese), María Amelia (Spanish), María Amparo (Spanish), Maria do Amparo (Portuguese), Maria Ana Portuguese), María de los Ángeles (Spanish), María Angosto (Spanish), Maria Antonia (Italian), Maria Antónia (Portuguese), Maria Antonieta (Portuguese), María Antonieta (Spanish), Maria Antonietta (Italian), Maria da Ascenção (Portuguese), Maria Annunciata (Italian), Maria Annunziata (Italian), Maria da Anunciação (Portuguese), María Anunciación (Spanish), Maria da Anunciada (Portuguese), María Ascensión (Spanish), María Asunción (Spanish), Maria da Assunção (Portuguese), Maria Assunta (Italian), María Auxiliadora (Spanish), María Azucena (Spanish), Maria Clara (Portuguese), María Carmen (Spanish), María Concepción (Spanish), Maria Concetta (Italian), Maria da Consolação (Portuguese), Maria Consolata (Italian), María Consuela (Spanish) (Variant of María Consuelo), María Consuelo (Spanish), Maria Crocifissa (Italian), Maria da Cruz (Portuguese), María de la Cruz (Spanish), María de los Dolores (Spanish), Maria das Dores (Portuguese), Maria Elena (Italian), María Elena (Spanish), Maria Elisa (Portuguese), Maria Emilia (Italian), Maria Emília (Portuguese), Maria Eva (Italian), María Eva (Spanish), Maria de Fátima (Portuguese), Maria da Encarnação (Portuguese), María de la Encarnación (Spanish), Maria Da Graça (Portuguese), Maria Das Graças (Portuguese), Maria Grazia (Italian), María Guadalupe (Spanish), Maria Helena (Portuguese), María Idoya (Spanish), Maria Imaculada (Portuguese), Maria Immacolata (Italian), María Inmaculada (Spanish), María Irlanda (Spanish), Maria Isabel (Portuguese), María Isabel (Spanish), Maria de Jesus (Portuguese), María de Jesǘs (Spanish), Maria João (Portuguese), Maria José (Portuguese), María José (Spanish), Maria Josefa (Portuguese), María Josefa (Spanish), María de Loreto (Spanish), María Luisa (Spanish), Maria Luísa (Portuguese), María de Lourdes (Spanish), Maria de Lurdes (Portuguese), Marie de Lourdes (French), Maria das Mercês (Portuguese), María de los Mercedes (Spanish), María de los Milagros (Spanish), Maria dos Milagres (Portuguese), María de Montserrat (Spanish), Maria de Montserrate (Portuguese), María de las Nieves (Spanish), Maria das Neves (Portuguese), María de Núria (Spanish), Maria della Pace (Italian), Maria da Paz (Portuguese), María de la Paz (Spanish), María Perpetua (Spanish), Maria Pia (Italian), María Piedad (Spanish), Maria da Piedade (Portuguese), María del Pilar (Spanish), María do Pilar (Portuguese), María Pili (Spanish), Maria da Apresentação (Portuguese), María de la Presentación (Spanish), Maria da Purificação (Portuguese), María de la Purificación (Spanish), María del Refugio (Spanish), Maria do Refúgio (Portuguese), Maria Regina (Italian), María Reina (Spanish), María de los Remedios (Spanish), Maria dos Remédios (Portuguese), Maria da Ressurreição (Portuguese), María de la Resurrección (Spanish), Maria del Rocío (Spanish), María del Rosario (Spanish), Maria do Rosário (Portuguese), Maria Rosa (Portuguese), María Rosa (Spanish), María de la Salette (Spanish), María de la Salud (Spanish), Maria da Saudade (Portuguese), Maria da Saúde (Portuguese), María del Socorro (Spanish), Maria do Socorro (Portuguese), María Sol (Spanish), Maria Sole (Italian), María da Solidão (Portuguese), María de la Soledad (Spanish), María Stella (Spanish), Maria Stella (Italian), Maria Teresa (Portuguese, Italian), María Teresa (Spanish), Maria da Trindade (Portuguese), María de la Trinidad (Spanish), María del Virtudes (Spanish), Maria da Visitação (Portuguese), María de la Visitación (Spanish), Maríadela (Spanish), Mariah (English), Mariam (English), Maryam (English), Mặryam (Arabic, Armenian, Coptic Egyptian, Malayalam), Mariami (Georgian), Mariamma (Malayalam), Mariamme (Hebrew, Malayalam), Mariamne (Hebrew), Marian (English), Mariana (Czech, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish), Marianela (Spanish), Mariangela (Italian), Marianna (Italian, Russian), Marianne (English, French), Mariazinha (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria), Maribel (Spanish), Marica (Croatian, Hungarian, Slovene), Mārica (Latvian), Marice (Italian), Maricela (Spanish) (Short form of María Isela or María Marcela), Marichuy (Spanish) (Short form of María de Jesǘs), Maríchuy (Spanish) (Short form of María de Jesǘs), Maricica (Romanian), Maricruz (Spanish), Maridel (Spanish), Marie (Czech, Danish, English, French, German, Norwegian), Marie-Ange (French), Marie-Anne (French), Marie-Catherine (French), Marie-Christine (French), Marie-Claire (French), Marie-Consolée (French), Marie de la Croix, Marie-Croix (French), Marie-Elisabeth (French), Marie-Elizabeth (English), Marie-Grâce (French), Marie-Imaculée (French), Marie-Hélène (French), Marie-Irlande (French), Marie-Jeanne (French), Marie-Josée (French), Marie-Louise (French), Marie-Lourdes (French), Marie-Madeleine (French), Marie des Neiges (French), Marie-Neige (French), Marie-Perpetuée (French), Marie-Merci (French), Marie-Paix (French), Marie-Pia (French), Marie-Pier, Marie Regina (French, German), Marie-Reine (French), Marie-Rosaire (French), Marie-Thérèse (French), Marie-Trinité (French), Marieke (Dutch), Mariel (Dutch], English), Mariela (Dutch, Latvian]), Mariele (Geman), Mariella (Dutch, Italian), Marielle (Dutch, French), Mariën (Dutch), Marieta (Catalan), Mārieta (Latvian), Marietta (Italian), Mariette (French), Marigia (Italian), Marigold (English), Marii (Estonian), Marija (Croatian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Maltese, Russian, Serbian, Slovene), Marijke (Dutch), Marijse (Dutch), Marika (Estonian, Finnish, Greek, Hungarian, Russian, Slovak), Mārika (Latvian), Marike (Dutch), Marilena (English, Italian), Marilene (English), Marylène (French), Marilou (English, French) (Short form of Mary Louise), Marilù (Italian) (Short form of Maria Luisa), Marilyn (English), Maryline (French), Marina (Spanish), Marinda (English), Marinka (Russian), Marioara (Romanian), Mariod (Manx), Mariola (Polish), Mariona (Bulgarian), Mariolle (French), Marion (English, French, Manx), Mariot (Manx), Maripepa (Spanish), Maripili (Spanish), Mariquinhas (Portuguese), Mariquita (Spanish), Marirosa (Spanish), Marisa (English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish), Marise (French), Marisela (Spanish), Marisella (Italian), Marisha (Russian) (Short form of Mariya), Mariska (Hungarian), Marisol (Spanish), Marisole (English), Marissa (English), Marita (Dutch, Estonian, German, Polish, Spanish), Mārita (Latvian), Marite (Latvian), Marīte (Latvian), Maritta (Finnish), Maritxu (Basque), Maritza (Spanish), Mariuca (Romanian), Mariuzza (Italian), Mariuzzella (Italian), Marivel (Spanish), Mariya (Bulgarian, Russian, Ukrainian), Marja (Dutch, Faroese, Finnish, Limburgish), Marjaana (Finnish), Marjam (Estonian), Marjama (Latvian), Marjan (Dutch, Polish), Marjana (Slovene), Marjatta (Finnish), Marje (Estonian), Marjen (Estonian), Marjette (Estonian), Marjo (Finnish), Marjukka (Finnish), Marjut (Finnish), Marla (English), Marleen (English), Marlena (English, Polish), Marlene (English, German), Marlène (French), Marlis (German), Maristela (Spanish), Marloes (Dutch), Marlyn (English), Marnie (English), Maroula (Greek), Maruca (Spanish), Maruja (Spanish), Maruška (Czech), Maruta (Latvian), Māruta (Latvian), Marute (Latvian), Mary (English), Marý (Faroese), Mary Ann (English), Mary Anne (English), Mary Assumpta (English), Mary Beth (English), Mary Claire (English), Mary Caroline (English), Mary Elizabeth (English), Mary Ellen (English), Mary Grace (English), Mary Jane (English), Mary Jo (English), Mary Kate (English), Mary Kay (English), Mary Lou (English), Mary Regina (English), Mary Rose (English), Mary Sue (English), Marya (Russian), Maryām (Arabic), Maryana (Russian), Maryann (English), Maryanne (English), Marybeth (English), Maryja (Polish), Maryla (Polish), Marylou (English), Marylu (English), Marylyn (English), Maryse (French), Maryška (Czech), Marytė (Lithuanian), Maryvonne (English) (French), Marzena (Polish), Maša (Serbian, Slovene), Masha (Russian) (Short form of Mariya), Mashenka (Russian) (Short form of Mariya), Mashka (Russian) (Short form of Mariya), Mathie (Norman French), Maura (English, Italian) (Italian's version of Maureen), Maureen (English), Maurene (English), Maurine (English), May (English), Mayme (English), Mayre (Estonian), Mayte (Spanish) (Short form of María Teresa), Meike (German), Meiram (Kazakh), Meiramgul (Kazakh) (flower of Mary), Mele (Hawaiian), Menchu (Spanish) (Short form of María Carmen), Mendi (Basque), Mérane (French), Mercês (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria das Mercês), Merche (Spanish, Short form of María de los Mercedes), Mere (Maori), Merilyn (English), Merrilyn (English), Məryəm (Azerbaijani), Meryem (Kurdish, Turkish), Mhairi (Scottish), Mhairie (Scottish), Mhari (Scottish), Mia (Scandinavian), Micas (Portuguese), Mieke (Dutch, Limburgish), Miep (Dutch), Mies (Dutch, Limburgish), Miet (Dutch), Miia (Estonian, Finnish), Mimi (Italian), Minnie (English), Mirel (Romanian), Mirela (Romanian), Mirele (Yiddish), Miren (Basque), Miriam (English, German, Hebrew), Miriama (Maori), Mirja (Finnish), Mirjam (Estonian, Finnish, Swedish), Mirjami (Finnish), Mirjana (Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Slovene), Mitzi (German), Mo (English), Moira (English, Irish), Moire (Scottish), Moirrey (Manx), Mojca (Croatian, Slovene), Molara (Basque), Mollie (English), Molly (English), Montse (Spanish), Monse (Spanish), Mora (English), Morag (Scottish), Moreen (English, Irish, Manx), Moya (Irish), Moyra (Irish, Scottish), Muire (Irish), Mura (Russian), My (Swedish), Myriam (English, French), Nieve (Spanish), Nunzia (Italian, Short form of Maria Annunziata), Nunziatina (Italian), Short form of Maria Annunziata, Paz (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria da Paz), Perpetua (Irish), Italian, Spanish) (Short form of María Perpetua, Maria Perpetua, or Mary Perpetua), Piedad (Spanish) (Short form of María Piedad), Piedade (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria da Piedade), Pilar (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria do Pilar, Spanish), Pili (Spanish) (Short form of María Pilar), Pilita (Spanish) (Short form of María Pilar), Piluca (Spanish) (Short form of María Pilar), Pollie (English), Polly (English), Pollyanna (English), Pura (Spanish) (Short form of María de la Purificación), Purificação (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria da Purificação), Purita (Spanish) (Short form of María de la Purificación), Ria (Dutch, English, German), Romey (English), Romy (English, German), Rosaria (Italian), Rosemarie (English, German, Scandinavian), Rosemary (English), Roser (Catalan), Roula (Greek), Saudade (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria da Saudade), Stella Maris (Italian, Spanish), Suela (Spanish) (Short form of María Consuelo), Suelo (Spanish) (Short form of María Consuelo), Suelita (Spanish) (Short form of María Consuelo), Sunción (Spanish) (Short form of María Asunción), Trindade (Portuguese) (Short form of Maria da Trindade), Trinity (English), Visite de Marie (French), Voirrey (Manx), مريم (Máryam), ماري (Mārī) (Arabic), Մարիամ (Mariam) (Armenian), מרים (Maryam) (Hebrew), ܡܪܝܡ (Maryam) (Syriac), María (Asturian), Miren (Basque), Марыя (Marýja) (Belarusian), মেরি (Meri) (Bengali), Mari (Breton), Мария (Maríja) (Bulgarian), Maria (Catalan), 玛丽 (Mǎlì) (Chinese Simplified), 瑪麗 (Mǎlì) (Chinese Traditional), Marya (Cornish), Marie (Czech), Maria, Marie (Danish), Maria (Dutch), Mario (Esperanto), Maarja (Estonian), Maria (Faroese), Marja, Maria (Finnish), Marie (French), María (Galician), მარიამ (Mariam), მარია (Maria) (Georgian), Maria (German), Μαρία (María) (Greek), ម៉ារា (Mariə) (Khmer).
- Other variations of Mary include Mariam, Maryam (Arabic), Mariam (Armenian), Maria, Miren, Maia (Basque), Maryia (Belarusian), Maria, Mariam (Biblical Greek), Miriam (Biblical Hebrew), Maria (Biblical Latin), Mari (Breton), Maria, Mariya (Bulgarian), Maria, Mariona, Ona (Catalan), Maria (Corsican), Marija, Maja, Mara, Mare, Marica, Marijeta, Mojca (Croatian), Marie, Madlenka, Maja, Marika (Czech), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maiken, Maja, Majken, Marianne, Mia (Danish), Maria, Marja, Marjo, Mirjam, Jet, Maaike, Manon, Marianne, Marieke, Mariëlle, Mariëtte, Marijke, Marijse, Marike, Mariska, Marita, Marjan, Meike, Mia, Mieke, Miep, Mies, Ria (Dutch), Maarja, Mari, Mirjam, Maarika, Mare, Marika (Estonian), Maaria, Maria, Marja, Marjaana, Marjo, Mirjam, Mirjami, Jaana, Maarika, Maija, Mari, Marianne, Marika, Marita, Maritta, Marjatta, Marjukka, Marjut, Miia, Mirja (Finnish), Marie, Myriam, Manon, Marianne, Marielle, Mariette, Marion, Marise (French), Maria, Maike, Mareike (Frisian), María (Galician), Mariam, Mariami, Meri (Georgian), Maria, Marie, Miriam, Mirjam, Maike, Maja, Mareike, Marianne, Mariele, Marita, Meike, Mia, Mitzi, Ria (German), Maria, Marika (Greek), Malia, Mele (Hawaiian), Miriam (Hebrew), Mariamne (History), Mária, Mara, Mari, Marica, Marika, Mariska (Hungarian), María, Mæja (Icelandic), Máire, Maura, Moira, Mairenn, Máirín, Mallaidh, Maureen, Maurine, Moyra (Irish), Maria, Marianna, Mariella, Marietta, Mimi (Italian), Marija (Latvian), Marija (Lithuanian), Marija, Maja, Mare (Macedonian), Moirrey, Voirrey (Manx), Mere (Maori), Malle, Molle (Medieval English), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maiken, Maja, Marianne, Mia (Norwegian), Maria (Occitan), Maryam (Persian), Maria, Maja, Marika, Maryla, Marzena (Polish), Maria, Mariana, Mariazinha (Portuguese), Maria (Romanian), Maria, Mariya, Marya, Manya, Maryana, Masha (Russian), Márjá (Sami), Màiri, Maura, Moira, Moyra (Scottish), Marija, Maja, Mara, Marica (Serbian), Mária, Maja, Marika (Slovak), Marija, Mirjam, Maja, Mare, Marica, Mojca (Slovene), María, Marita (Spanish), Maritza (Spanish (Latin American)), Mari, Maria, Marie, Maja, Majken, Marianne, Mia, My (Swedish), Meryem (Turkish), Maria, Mariya (Ukrainian), Meryem (Uyghur), Mair, Mairwen, Mari (Welsh), Mirele (Yiddish).
- Other variations of Margaret include Retha (Afrikaans), Margarid, Margarit (Armenian), Margarita (Bulgarian), Margarida (Catalan), Margareta (Croatian), Markéta (Czech), Margareta, Margit, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Margarethe, Merete, Meta, Mette, Rita (Danish), Margareta, Margaretha, Margriet, Greet, Greetje, Griet, Margreet (Dutch), Maret, Margit (Estonian), Maarit, Margareta, Marketta, Margareeta, Reeta, Reetta (Finnish), Marguerite, Margaux, Margot (French), Margarida (Galician), Margareta, Margarete, Margaretha, Margarethe, Greta, Gretchen, Grete, Gretel, Margrit, Meta, Rita (German), Margalit, Margalita (Hebrew), Margaréta, Margit, Margita, Gréta, Rita (Hungarian), Margrét (Icelandic), Mairéad (Irish), Margherita, Rita (Italian), Margarita (Late Roman), Margreet, Greet (Limburgish), Margarita (Lithuanian), Margaid, Paaie (Manx), Meggy (Medieval English), Margareta, Margit, Margrete, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Marit, Marita, Meta, Mette, Rita (Norwegian), Margarida (Occitan), Małgorzata, Gosia, Małgosia, Marzena (Polish), Margarida, Rita (Portuguese), Margareta (Romanian), Margarita (Russian), Maighread, Mairead, Maisie, Marsaili, Mysie, Peigi (Scottish), Margita, Markéta (Slovak), Margareta, Marjeta (Slovene), Margarita, Rita (Spanish), Margareta, Margit, Greta, Marit, Marita, Märta, Merit, Meta, Rita (Swedish), Marged, Mererid, Mared, Megan (Welsh), Margaretta, Margery, Marjorie, Marjory, Madge, Mae, Maggie, Mamie, Marge, Margie, May, Mayme, Meg, Peg, Peggie, Peggy, Midge, Margaretta, Margery, Marjorie, Marjory, Madge, Mae, Maggie, Mamie, Marge, Margie, May, Mayme, Meg, Peg, Peggie, Peggy, Midge, Retha (Afrikaans), Margarid, Margarit (Armenian), Margarita (Bulgarian), Margarida (Catalan), Margareta (Croatian), Markéta (Czech), Margareta, Margit, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Margarethe, Merete, Meta, Mette, Rita (Danish), Margareta, Margaretha, Margriet, Greet, Greetje, Griet, Margreet (Dutch), Maret, Margit (Estonian), Maarit, Margareta, Marketta, Margareeta, Reeta, Reetta (Finnish), Marguerite, Margaux, Margot (French), Margarida (Galician), Margareta, Margarete, Margaretha, Margarethe, Greta, Gretchen, Grete, Gretel, Margrit, Meta, Rita (German), Margalit, Margalita (Hebrew), Margaréta, Margit, Margita, Gréta, Rita (Hungarian), Margrét (Icelandic), Mairéad (Irish), Margherita, Rita (Italian), Margarita (Late Roman), Margreet, Greet (Limburgish), Margarita (Lithuanian), Margaid, Paaie (Manx), Meggy (Medieval English), Margareta, Margit, Margrete, Margrethe, Grete, Grethe, Marit, Marita, Meta, Mette, Rita (Norwegian), Margarida (Occitan), Małgorzata, Gosia, Małgosia, Marzena (Polish), Margarida, Rita (Portuguese), Margareta (Romanian), Margarita (Russian), Maighread, Mairead, Maisie, Marsaili, Mysie, Peigi (Scottish), Margita, Markéta (Slovak), Margareta, Marjeta (Slovene), Margarita, Rita (Spanish), Margareta, Margit, Greta, Marit, Marita, Märta, Merit, Meta, Rita (Swedish), Marged, Mererid, Mared, Megan (Welsh), Annegret (German; short form of Johanna Margareta), Bitxi (Basque), Bitxilore (Basque), Маргарита (Bulgarian), Маргаритка (Bulgarian), Марго (Bulgarian), Маги (Bulgarian), Грета (Bulgarian, Gita (Czech), Gitka (Czech), Gituška (Czech), Gosia (Polish), Gośka (Polish), Greet (Dutch), Greetje (Dutch), Greta (English), (German), (Swedish), (Italian), Gréta (Icelandic), Gretchen (English), (German), Grete (Danish), (German), Gretel (German), Grethe (Danish), (German), Gretl (German), Gretta (English), Griet (Dutch), Grieta (Latvian), Jorie (English), Maarit (Finnish), Madge (English), Magali (Provencal), Mággá (Sami), Magga (Icelandic), Maggan (Swedish), Maggie (English), Magredá (Sami), Maighread (Scottish), Mairéad (Irish), Mairead (Scottish), Maisie (Scots), Makelesi (Tongan), Makkak (Greenlandic), ملغلره (Malghaləra) (Pashto), Małgorzata (Polish), Małgorzatka (Polish), Małgosia (Polish), Małgośka (Polish), Mamie (English), Manci (Hungarian), Mared (Welsh), Maret (Estonian), Máret (Sami), Marga (Estonian), (Catalan), Margalida (Catalan), Margaid (Manx), מרגלית Margalit (Hebrew), Margaréta (Hungarian), (Slovak), Margareta (Croatian), (Danish), (Dutch), (German), (Norwegian), (Romanian), (Slovene), (Swedish), Margarete (Estonian), (German), Margaretha (Dutch), German, Margarethe (Danish), (German), Margaretta (English), Margarid (Armenian), Margarida (Galician), (Portuguese), (Catalan), Margarita (Bulgarian), (Greek), (Lithuanian), (Russian), (Spanish), (Ukrainian), (Albanian), Margaritis (Greek), Margaro (Greek), Margaux (French), Marge (English), Márge (Sami), Marged (Welsh), Margery (English), Margey (English), Márgget (Sami), Margherita (Italian), Margie (English), Margit Danish, (Hungarian), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Margita (Hungarian), (Polish) (Slovakian), Margo (English), (Greek), (Hungarian), (Ukrainian), Margot (English), (French), (German), Márgrehtá (Sami), Márgreittá (Sami), Margrét (Icelandic), Margret (German), Margrethe (Danish), (Norwegian), Margriet (Dutch), Margrit (German), Márgu (Sami), Marguerite (French), Margy (English), Marharyta (Belarusian), Marit (Norwegian), (Swedish), Marita (Finnish), (Greek), Maritta (Finnish), (Greek), Marja (Finnish), Marjatta (Finnish), Marjeta (Slovene), (Greek), (Albanian), Marjorie (English), Marjory (English), (Greek), Markéta (Czech), Marketta (Finnish), Markit (Czech), Marsaili (Scottish), Mayme (English), Meagan (English), Meaghan (English), Meg (English), Megi (Albanian), Megan (English), (Welsh), Meghan (English), Mererid (Welsh), Meret (Sami), Merete (Danish), Merit (Swedish), Meta (Danish), (German), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Mette (Danish), (Norwegian), Midge (English), Markétka (Czech), Mysie (Scots), Paaie (Manx), Peg (English), Pegeen (English), (Irish), Peggie (English), Peggy (English), (Greek), Peig (Irish), Peigi (Scottish), Penina (Hebrew), Perele (Yiddish), Perle (Yiddish), Reeta (Finnish), Reetta (Finnish), Rita (English), (Greek), (German), (Hungarian), (Italian), (Portuguese), (Russian), (Spanish), (Ukrainian), Tita (Spanish), , Armenian - Մարգարիտ (Margarit or Margarid), Bulgarian - Маргарита or Марго or Маги, Czech - Markéta, Danish - Margrethe, Finnish - Margareeta, Maarit, French - Marguerite, Margot, Margaux, Scottish Gaelic - Mairead, Irish - Mairéad, Italian - Margherita, German, Dutch - Margarete or Margareta, Greek - Μαργαρίτα (Margarita), Hungarian - Margit or Margaréta, Icelandic - Margrét, Italian - Margherita, Kazakh - Meruwert, Marathi - Manjiri, Polish - Małgorzata, Portuguese - Margarida, Romanian - Margareta, Russian - Маргарита or Рита, Spanish - Margarita, Sanskrit - Mañjarī, Swedish - Margareta, Margit, Greta, Rita, Ukrainian - Маргарита, Марго, Рита, Japanese - マーガレット/Māgaretto, Maggie, Mar, Marg, Marge, Margey, Margie, Meg, Meggy, Peg, Peggy, Pegeen, Maisie, Mamie, Margo, Madge, Molly, Malla, Midge, Marga, Mags, Margu, Greta, Gretel, Marya.
ELIZABETH ♀ (3rd Name) Edit
- Elizabeth is a feminine given name of Hebrew origin. The meaning of Elizabeth means "Consecrated To God", "My God Is An Oath", "My God Is Abundance", or "Pledged To God".
- Other variations of Elizabeth include Alizabeth, Eliabeth, Elisa, Elisabeth, Elise, Elissa, Eliza, Elizabee, Elizabet, Elizaveta, Elizebeth, Elka, Elsabeth, Elsbeth, Elschen, Elspeth, Elysabeth, Elzbieta, Elzsebet, Helsa, Ilizzabet, Lusa, Zabel (Armenian), Elixabete (Basque), Elisabet (Biblical Greek), Elisheba (Biblical Hebrew), Elisabeth (Biblical Latin), Elisaveta (Bulgarian), Elizabeta (Croatian), Alžběta, Eliška (Czech), Elisabet, Elisabeth, Isabella, Eli, Elise, Ella, Else, Lilly, Lis, Lisa, Lisbet, Lise, Lissi (Danish), Elisabeth, Isabella, Isabelle, Betje, Elise, Elly, Els, Else, Elsje, Ilse, Isa, Lies, Liesbeth, Liese, Liesje, Lijsbeth, Lisa (Dutch), Eliisabet, Liis, Liisa, Liisi, Liisu (Estonian), Elisabet, Eliisa, Elisa, Ella, Elsa, Liisa, Liisi (Finnish), Élisabeth, Isabel, Isabelle, Babette, Élise, Lili, Liliane, Lilianne, Lise, Lisette (French), Bet, Lys (Frisian), Sabela (Galician), Elisabed, Eliso (Georgian), Elisabeth, Isabel, Isabelle, Bettina, Elisa, Elise, Elli, Elsa, Else, Ilsa, Ilse, Isa, Isabell, Isabella, Lies, Liesa, Liese, Liesel, Liesl, Lili, Lilli, Lisa, Lisbeth (German), Elisavet (Greek), Elikapeka (Hawaiian), Elisheva (Hebrew), Erzsébet, Izabella, Bözsi, Erzsi, Lili, Liliána, Liza, Zsóka (Hungarian), Elísabet (Icelandic), Eilís, Eilish, Isibéal, Sibéal (Irish), Elisabetta, Isabella, Elisa, Elsa, Isa, Liana, Liliana, Lisa (Italian), Bet, Betje (Limburgish), Elžbieta, Elzė (Lithuanian), Elisaveta, Beti, Veta (Macedonian), Ealisaid (Manx), Ibb (Medieval English), Isabel (Medieval Occitan), Elisabet, Elisabeth, Isabella, Eli, Elise, Ella, Else, Lilly, Lis, Lisa, Lisbet, Lise, Liss (Norwegian), Isabèl (Occitan), Elżbieta, Izabela, Izabella, Ela, Eliza, Liliana (Polish), Isabel, Belinha, Elisa, Elisabete, Isabela, Liana, Liliana (Portuguese), Lílian (Portuguese (Brazilian)), Elisabeta, Isabela, Isabella, Liana, Liliana (Romanian), Elizaveta, Yelizaveta, Liza, Lizaveta (Russian), Ealasaid, Elspet, Elspeth, Iseabail, Ishbel, Isobel, Beileag, Lileas, Lilias, Lillias (Scottish), Jelisaveta, Jela, Jelica (Serbian), Alžbeta, Eliška (Slovak), Elizabeta, Špela (Slovene), Isabel, Ysabel, Eli, Elisa, Elisabet, Isa, Isabela, Liliana (Spanish), Elisabet, Elisabeth, Isabella, Elise, Ella, Elsa, Lilly, Lis, Lisa, Lisbet, Lise (Swedish), Yelyzaveta (Ukrainian), Bethan (Welsh), Bess, Bessie, Beth, Betsy, Bette, Bettie, Betty, Bettye, Buffy, Elisa, Eliza, Ella, Elle, Ellie, Elly, Elsa, Elsie, Elyse, Leanna, Leesa, Liana, Libbie, Libby, Liddy, Lilian, Liliana, Lilibet, Lilibeth, Lillia, Lillian, Lilliana, Lisa, Lise, Liz, Liza, Lizbeth, Lizette, Lizzie, Lizzy, Tetty (English), ელისაბედ (Elisabed) (Georgian), إليصابات (Ilīṣābāt), إليشبع (Ilīšabaʿ) (Arabic), Alyzabeth (Modern), Alžběta (Czech), Alžbeta (Slovak), Ealasaid (Scottish Gaelic), Ealisaid (Manx), Elesabeth (English), Elesbed (Breton), Eliete (Portuguese), Eliisabet (Estonian), Eliise (Estonian), Elikapeka (Hawaiian), Elisa (Turkish), Elisabet (Catalan, Danish, German, Spanish, Swedish), Elisabeta (Romanian), Elisabete (Portuguese), Élisabeth (French), Elisabeth (Catalan, Danish, Dutch, German, Norwegian, Swedish), Elizabeto (Esperanto), Elisabetta (Italian), Ελισάβετ (Elisávet), Ζαμπέτα (Zabéta) (Greek), Eлисавета (Elisaveta) (Bulgarian), Элізабэт (Elіzabet) (Belarusian), אֱלִישֶׁבַע (Elisheba, Elisheva) (Hebrew), Elixabete (Basque), Elizabeta (Albanian), (Croatian), (Bosnian), (Slovene), Elizabete (Basque), (Latvian), 엘리자베스 (Ellijabeseu) (Korean), Elishua (Malayalam), Elsbeth (German), (Scots), (Swiss German), Elspeth (Scots), Elyzabeth (English), Elisabet (Finnish), Elžbieta (Lithuanian), Elżbieta (Polish), Elzbute (Lithuanian), エリザベス (Erizabesu) (Japanese), Erzsébet (Hungarian), Irihapeti (Māori), Isabella (Italian), (Dutch), Isabelle (French), (Dutch), Isabel (Spanish), (Dutch), Јелисавета (Jelisaveta), Елизабета (Elizabeta) (Serbian), Եղիսաբեթ (Yeghisapet), Ելսաբեթ (Elsapet) (Armenian), Елизaвета (Yelizaveta), Элизабет (Elizabet) (Russian), Єлизавета (Yelyzaveta) (Ukrainian), 伊丽莎白 (Yī lì shā bái) (Chinese Simplified), 伊麗莎白 (Yīlìshābái) (Chinese Traditional), এলিজাবেথ (Ēlijābētha) (Bengali), એલિઝાબેથ (Ēlijhābētha) (Gujarati), एलिज़ाबेथ (Ēlizābētha) (Hindi), ಎಲಿಜಬೆತ್ (Elijabet) (Kannada), 엘리자베스 (Ellijabeseu) (Korean), Елизабет (Elizabet) (Macedonian), एलिझाबेथ (Ēlijhābētha) (Marathi), Элизабет (Elizabyet) (Mongolian), एलिजाबेथ (Ēlijābētha) (Nepali), الیزابت (Persian), ਇਲੀਸਬਤ (Ilīsabata) (Punjabi), எலிசபெத் (Elicapet) (Tamil), ఎలిజబెత్ (Elijabet) (Telugu), เอลิซาเบธ (Elisābeṭh) (Thai), Елізабет (Elizabet) (Ukrainian), الزبتھ (Urdu), עליזאַבעטה (Eʻlyzabeta) (Yiddish), Chabela (Spanish), ლიზა (Liza), ლიზი (Lizi), ლიზიკო (Liziko) (Georgian), Erzsi (Hungarian), Isabeau (French), Isabel (Catalan), (English), (Norwegian), (Portuguese), (Spanish), Isabela (Spanish), (Portuguese), Isabelita (Spanish), Isabell (English), (German), (Norwegian), Isabella (Dutch), (English), (Italian), (Norwegian), (Polish), (Spanish), (Swedish), Isabelle (English), (French), (German), Isbal (Manx), Isbel (English), Iseabail (Scottish), Isebella (English), Ishbel (Scots), Isibéal (Irish), Isobel (Scots), Izabel (Portuguese (archaic)), (Spanish), (Polish), Izabela (Czech), (Polish), Izabella (Hungarian), (Polish), Izabelle (English), Lisabeth (English), Lizabeth (English), Liesbeth (Dutch), Lijsbeth (Dutch), Ισαβέλλα (Isavella) (Greek), Ιζαμπέλλα (Izabella) (Greek), Lisaveta (Ukrainian), Lisbet (Danish), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Lisbeth (German), (Norwegian), Лизa (Liza) (Russian), Lyzbeth (English), Sabela (Galician), Sabella (English), Sibéal (Irish), Špela (Slovene), Ysabel (Spanish), Ysbal (Manx), Yzabel (Spanish), Yzabela (Spanish), Ybel (Spanish), Zabel (Armenian), Ailsa (Danish), Alzira (Portuguese), Ealee (Manx), Ealish (Manx), Effy (English), Eilís (Irish Gaelic), Eilish (Irish), Ela (Polish), Elbie (Afrikaans), Ella (Norwegian), Elly (English), (Dutch), Eli (Catalan), (English), (Spanish), Eli, Eliamma (Aley, Aleyamma, Aleykutty) (Malayalam), (Norwegian), Eliisa (Finnish), Elis (German), Elisa (Finnish), (Italian), (Norwegian), (Spanish), Élise (French), (Portuguese), Elise (Norwegian), Elisete (Portuguese), Eliška (Czech) and (Slovak), Eliso (Georgian), Elissa (English), (Norwegian), Eliza (Albanian), (English), (Polish), Elka (Albanian), (Polish), Ellee (English), Elli (Finnish), (German), Ellie (Origin unknown), Ellen (Norwegian), (English), Els (Dutch), Elsa (Catalan), (Dutch), (Finnish), (German), (Italian), (Norwegian), (Portuguese), (Spanish), (Swedish), Elschen (German), Else (Danish), (German), (Norwegian), Elsie (English), Elts (Estonian), Elunia (Polish), Elyse (English), Elza (Hebrew), Elzira (Portuguese), Elżunia (Polish), Erzsi (Hungarian), Ilsa (German), Ilse (Dutch), (German), Isa (Spanish), (Portuguese), Issa (Spanish), Iza (Spanish), Izzy (English), (Norwegian), Leesa (English), Lela (Serbian), Lies (Dutch), (German), Liesa (German), Lieschen (German), Liese (German), Liesel (German), Lieselotte (German), (Swedish), Liesje (Dutch), Liesl (German), Liisa (Estonian), (Finnish), Liisbet (Estonian), Liisi (Estonian), (Finnish), Liisu (Estonian), Lila (mostly for kids) (Catalan), (Polish), Lili (French), (Polish), Liliana (Indonesian), Liliani (Indonesian), Lilianna (Polish), Lilike (Hungarian), Lilli (German), Lis (Danish), (English), (Norwegian), (Swedish), Lisa (Catalan), (Danish), (English), (German), (Italian), (Norwegian), (Swedish), (Portuguese), (Spanish), (Polish), (Welsh), Lisanne (Dutch), (English), (Norwegian), Lise (French), (Norwegian), Liselot (Dutch), Liselotte (Danish), (German), (Norwegian), Lisen (Swedish), Liset (French), Liseta (Spanish), Lisette (French), Liz (English), Liza (English), (Polish), (Russian), (Ukrainian), Lizette (French), Lizi (Georgian), Lizina (Latvian), Lizzie (English), (Norwegian), Lizzy (English), Lys (German), Lysa (French), Lysette (English), Yza (Spanish), Zsóka (Hungarian), Babette (French), Ibbie (English), Libby (English), Liddy (English), Liba (archaic, rural areas) (Catalan), Isa (German), Issy (English), Beileag (Scottish), Bel (Catalan), Belita (Spanish), Bella (Italian), Bess (English), Bessie (English), Běta (Czech), Beth (English), Bethan (Welsh), Betsan (Welsh), Betsy (English), Bětka (Czech), Betka (Slovak), Betta (Italian), Bette (English), Betti (German), Bettie (English), Bettina (German), (Italian), Betty (English), Bettye (English), Bětuška (Czech), Blair (Scots), Buffy (English), Etti (Estonian), Etty (Estonian).
MacLachlan ♂ (Maiden Name) Edit
- MacLachlan is a surname of Scottish origin. This notable surname of early medieval Irish and Scottish origin, is an Anglicized form of the Old Gaelic "MacLachlainn", meaning son of Lochlann, a male given name which ultimately derives from the Old Norse "Lochlann", a compound of the elements "loch", lake, fjord, and "lann", land.
- Other variations of MacLachlan include Claflin, Lachie, Lachlainn, Lachlainson, Lachlan, Lachlann, Lachlanson, Laflan, Laflen, Laflin, Lauchlan, Lauchlin, Laughan, Laughin, Laughlan, Laughland, Laughlen, Laughlin, Laughlon, Laughon, Laughton, Lauhghlan, Locklan, Lockland, Loughlan, Loughlin, MacClachlan, MacClachlane, MacClachlen, MacClaflin, MacClauchlan, MacClauchlane, MacClauchlin, MacClaughlan, MacClaughlin, MacClouchlan, MacClouchlin, MacCloughlan, MacCloughlin, MacGlachan, MacGlachen, MacGlachland, MacGlaughlan, MacGlaughlin, MacGlothin, MacGlothlon, MacGlotten, MacGlottin, MacGloughlan, MacGloughlin, MacGlouthlin, Machlachlin, MacHlachlin, MacKclauchlane, MacKlawachlane, MacLachan, MacLachen, MacLachian, MacLachin, MacLachine, MacLachlain, MacLachlainn, MacLachlan, MacLachland, MacLachlane, MacLachlann, MacLachlen, MacLachlin, MacLachline, MacLachlon, MacLachlun, MacLackken, MacLacklan, MacLacklane, MacLacklen, MacLacklin, MacLackline, MacLacklon, MacLaclan, MacLaflen, MacLaflin, MacLaghlan, MacLaghlane, MacLaouhlan, MacLauchleine, MacLauchlen, MacLauchlin, MacLauchline, MacLauchlon, MacLaucklan, MacLaughlan, MacLaughland, MacLaughlane, MacLaughlen, MacLaughlin, MacLaughlon, MacLaughlun, MacLaughton, MacLauthlan, MacLauthlin, MacLawhlan, MacLawlan, MacLlauchland, MacLochan, MacLochlainn, MacLochlan, MacLochlin, MacLochlon, MacLocklan, MacLouchlan, MacLoughlan, MacLoughlin, MacLouthan, MacLuchlayne, Maglaughlin, Makclachlane, Makclauchlane, Makclotan, Makclowden, Maklawchlan, McClachlan, McClachlane, McClachlen, McClauchlane, McClaughlin, McClouchlin, McGlauchlan, McGlauchlin, McGlauchlon, McGlaughlin, McGlothin, McGlothlon, McGlotten, McGlottin, McGloughlan, McGloughlin, McGlouthlin, McHlachlin, Mchlachlin, McKclauchlane, McKlawachlane, McLachan, McLachen, McLachian, McLachin, McLachine, McLachlain, McLachlainn, McLachlan, McLachlan, McLachland, McLachlane, M'Clachlane, McLachlann, McLachlen, M'Clachlene, McLachlin, McLachline, McLachlon, McLachlun, McLackken, McLacklan, McLacklane, McLacklen, McLacklin, McLackline, McLacklon, McLaclan, McLaouhlan, McLauchlain, McLauchlan, M'Clauchlan, McLauchland, McLauchlane, McLauchleam, McLauchleine, McLauchlen, McLauchlin, McLauchline, McLauchlon, McLaucklan, McLaughlan, McLaughland, McLaughlane, McLaughlen, McLaughlin, McLaughlon, McLaughlun, McLaughton, McLauthin, McLauthlan, McLawhlan, McLawlan, McLlauchland, McLochan, McLochlainn, McLochlan, McLochlin, McLochlon, McLocklan, McLouchlan, McLoughlan, McLoughlin, McLouthan, McLuchlayne, M'Kclachlane, M'Klachlane, M'Lauchan, M'Lauchland, M'Laughland, MacGlachlin, MacGlauchin, MacGlauchlan, MacGlauchlin, MacGlauchlon, MacLauchlain, MacLauchlan, MacLauchland, MacLauchlane, MacLauchleam, McGlachan, McGlachen, McGlachland, McGlachlin, McGlauchin, McLaflen, McLaflin, McLaghlan, McLaghlane, M'Claichlan, M'Lawchtlane, O'Laughlen, O'Laughlin, O'Loughlin, Vclauchlayne.
McCullough ♂ (Surname) Edit
- McCullough is a surname of Scottish origin. It is an Anglicized form of the Old Scots Gaelic "MacCullaich" or "MacC(h)ullaich (which means "Son of Cullach"), from "Mac" (which means "Son Of") and the personal byname "Cullach" (which means "Boar" or "Bear").
- Other variations of McCullough include Culloch, Gulloch, McCulloch, McCullough, MacCoulaghe, MacChullach, MacAlach, MacCullaigh, MacCullough, MacClullich, MacLullich, MacLullick, Makcullocht, McCully, McCulla, MacCulla, McCullar, McCullogh, McCollough, McCoulough, and McCullock.
- Bonnie has many nicknames coined by her friends which often refer to her hair colour. Bonnie's nicknames include Bon, Bon-Bon, The Little One, Sweet Bonnie (by Shinichi), Pixie, Firebrand, Druid Priestess, Curlew, Songbird, The Redhead, Redhead, Strawberry-Haired Girl, Little Red-Haired Girl, and Fiery Little Pixie (by Stefan).
- Aside from all of her usual nicknames, Damon has many nicknames and affectionate pentanes that he uses for Bonnie. Damon normally doesn't call her by her first name, although the reason for this is unknown. However, it is shown that Damon will occasionally call Bonnie by her first name when speaking to others about her, if he is angry or upset at Bonnie or if there is a serious situation pertaining to or involving Bonnie. Damon's nicknames for Bonnie are notably highly affectionate and tender in nature. They also often refer to her hair colour, which is red. Damon's many nicknames for Bonnie include Little Redbird or Redbird (preferred nickname by Damon), Redheaded Bird, Little Redhead, Little Witch, Redheaded Witch, Red-Haired Maiden, Red Songbird, Little Red-Haired Songbird, Little Bird, Baby Bird, Little Human, Human, Sleeping Maiden, Sweet Baby Bird, Sweet Red Bird, His Bird, His Bedraggled Little Bird, His Maiden, His Witch, The Redbird, Fiery Little Fury, Kitten, and Sweet Songbird Bonnie.
☆ Powers ☆ Edit
Due to her Celtic Druid ancestry, Bonnie possesses exceptionally strong psychic and magical powers that, in the early stages where she came into them, frequently overwhelmed her completely because of their intensity. Because of this, she often tries to suppress the true extent of her powers as much as she could, but with little success: her formidable supernatural powers had caused her to either pass out or collapse numerous times throughout the series. However, as the series progressed, Bonnie learned to control and master her powers all by herself without any outside help, and they had often proved invaluable to her friends. Bonnie is now a powerful witch who has mastered the art of witchcraft and she often uses her magic to help the group during missions and battles. Bonnie is arguably the most powerful character in the series next to Damon, especially now that Elena has lost her angelic or Guardian powers and abilities and is now a normal human. Examples of her known numerous abilities that she has shown in the series so far include:
- Magic (AKA Magic Manipulation, Magic, Magyk, Mystokinesis, "Occultism", "The Arcane Arts", "The Art Of Magic", "The Indistinguishable Science", "The Magical Arts", "The Mystic Arts", "Sorcery", "Witchcraft", Thaumaturgy, "Wizardry"): The ability to use magical forces to varying degrees. Those who possess this ability are known (among other things) as Magicians, Wizards, Warlocks, Sorcerers, Mages, and Witches. The opposite power of Science Manipulation. Users have access to Magic, the use of rituals, symbols, actions, gestures and language to exploit supernatural forces to varying degrees, with only their skill, personal power-level, imagination/knowledge, and/or morality to define the borders. Given the flexibility of magic, they have essentially unlimited possibilities for what to do.
- Homo Magi Physiology (AKA "Mage Physiology/Mimicry", "Magician Physiology/Mimicry", "Mystic Gift", "Sorcerer Physiology/Mimicry", "Warlock Physiology/Mimicry", "Witch Physiology/Mimicry" and "Wizard Physiology/Mimicry"): The power to be a human able to wield Magical powers. User is born into a sub-race of naturally magic-wielding humans as an innate talent instead of studying Homo Magi have are naturally adept at magic; while (Depending on the universe you are in) most humans can learn to use magic, Homo Magi are more talented at it Homo Magi are much stronger, much more powerful than a normal master magician would be.
- Transcendent Mage Physiology (AKA "Arcane Deity/God Physiology", "Arch-Warlock Physiology", "God-Sorcerer", "Mage/Magic/Mystic Deity/God Physiology", "Majin", "Sorcerer/Sorceress Supreme", "Sorcerer Deity/God Physiology", "Superior Wizard/Sorcerer/Sorceress", "Transcendent Magi/Mystic/Warlock/Witch", "Ultimate Wizard"): The ability to become a magic user of god-like power. Variation of Transcendent Physiology and Magical Entity Physiology, an advanced version of Homo Magi Physiology. The user of this ability either is or can transform into a Transcendent Mage: a practitioner of magic who has ascended to a godlike state. Users have limitless magical power and can gain access to power hardly touched by any other mystic.
- Celtic Deity Physiology (AKA "Brythonic Deity Physiology", "Cornish Deity Physiology", "Gaelic Deity Physiology", "Irish Deity Physiology", "Manx Deity Physiology", "Scottish Deity Physiology", "Welsh Deity Physiology"): The power to use the traits and powers of Celtic Deities. A Variation of Transcendent Physiology. User can draw power and abilities connected to deities of Celtic Mythology.
- White Magic (AKA "White Arts" or "Bright Magic"): The ability to utilize White Magic. User can utilize the White Art: a form of magic typically used for help other people by healing the mind, body and/or soul. Practitioners of this type of magic tend to focus toward assisting others, purifying evil spirit, dispel curses, medical potions and respect all the rules about what is forbidden and not. Bright Magic (or White Magic) is a form of sorcery that draws on benevolent energy, and may be used for positive purposes that deliberately causes help in some way (e.g. to cure or protect, to improve or restore, or for the benefit of others rather than for the profit of oneself.) In popular usage, the term "bright magic" is often used to describe any form of magic that obeys the Wiccan Rede. For the most part, Bonnie practices benevolent magic and uses her abilities to save and protect others. However, despite her mystery in White Magic and being a good witch, Bonnie still has experimented and dabbled in Dark Magic a few times.
- Dark Magic (AKA "Dark Arts", Black Arts", "Black Magic", "Maleficium", "The Left-Hand Path" or "Witchcraft"): The ability to utilize Black Magic. User can utilize the Dark Art: a form of magic typically used for selfish, self-serving and/or nefarious purposes. Though it is not necessarily "evil" magic per se, dark arts tend to focus toward destruction, harming, cursing and otherwise complicating the lives of other people while advancing the user's own state. Users often reject social convention and the status quo, which some suggest is in a search for spiritual freedom. As a part of this, they embrace magical techniques and practices that would traditionally be viewed as taboo and are generally willing to go farther than most would even consider if it serves their ends.
- Spirit Magic (AKA "Kidou" and "Seith Magic"): The ability to use magic that revolves around spirits. User is able to use spirit magic, that revolves around channeling, summoning or using the power of spirits to achieve their goals. They can summon spirits, use spiritual weapons, or channel a spirit into their body to gain physical enhancements or gain completely new abilities i.e. channeling a fire spirit gives the user Fire Manipulation. Bonnie often uses her magic to communicate with the dead, spirits, ghosts and the afterlife.
- Blood Magic (AKA Blood Sorcery and Hemomancy): The power to perform magical feats by using blood. Variation of Body Magic. The user has the inherent power in their blood to manipulate and/or fuel spell-casting. This is an ancient version that predates word-based magic and was considered by some to be more powerful. Blood Magic was a kind of magic based on the employment of blood which is an important component in many rituals, spells and other aspects of the supernatural world.
- Bone Magic (AKA Osteomagic): The power to utilize magic involving bones. Variation of Bone Manipulation. Form of Magic. The user is able use a form of magic that allows them to cast magical spells dealing with bones. They can also use bones in two different ways: the user bone structure has magical properties that allow them to use certain magical abilities. Secondly they can use bones for rituals, spells, etc. to access supernatural power.
- Druidic Magic (AKA "Celtic Magic"): The ability to use the forces of the Celtic priesthood. The user can utilize the nature-based magical arts of the druids, the Celtic priestly class, that were said to possess great influence over nature. Note that this power is based on popular culture view about druids, so the historical accuracy isn't the top priority. Bonnie is descended from ancient Celtic Druids, therefore, she gained her abilities through a bloodline or very powerful Celtic Druids.
- Dragon Magic (Possible) (AKA "Dragonic Magic" and "Magic of the Dragons"): The power to use dragon magic. Variation of Magic. The user is capable of performing dragon-related magical feats, often either taught by a dragon, siphoning magic from a dragon, being magically linked with a dragon, or being a dragon. But it truly depicts magic that is exerted by dragons, since most dragons are described as magical creatures to their very bones, the source of their magic is unknown. The user has the ability to wield this form of magic to cast spells and other magical styles.
- Mysticism (AKA "Theurgy", "The Right Hand Path" and "White Magic"): The ability or power to use Mysticism, a pure form of Magic. User can utilize Mysticism: an untainted form of magic that can be used in many different ways such as creating, manipulating and/or mimicking objects, spirits and powers. Mysticism is often a result of an immediate spiritual intuition of truths transcending ordinary understanding, or of a direct, intimate union of the soul with primal forces of Creation through contemplation or ecstasy. Many users have supernatural patrons and access to magical objects.
- Spell Casting (AKA "Spell Binding" and "Enchanting"): The ability to perform supernatural spells that affect the natural world. User can cast spells, an action that allows one to magically alter reality to varying extents. It is often a series of words that take effect when spoken, though others are able to cast spells merely by thinking, with gestures, or through a ritual of some sort.
- Potion Creation (AKA "Witch's Brew", "Beverage Magic", "Elixir Brewing", "Magic Beverage Creation", "Potion Making", "Potioncraft", "Elixir", "Magic Concoction", "Magic Beverage", "Magic Drug Crafting", or "Magical Cooking"): The ability to create beverages that can result in magical effects. User can create potions: substances with magical properties such as enhancing physical and mental abilities, healing, granting powers, chancing shape, or bewitching someone depending on the kind of potion that is made. Some potions come in different forms of liquid, such as jelly, stew, brew, or even soup. They can also be made into solid form, often pills, powder, candy, and possibly drugs.
- Mythic Manipulation (AKA "Mythic Control/Influence" and "Mythikinesis"): The power to influence and control all kinds of mythical creatures. Variation of Life Mastery. Users can control various mythic creatures (e.g, fairies, goblins, dragons, sirens, etc). They control them to do their bidding like, help them during situations, use them against foes, use them to see locations and get information about a particular place, use them for battle, use them for spying on others. User can also understand or communicate with them, hence creating and strengthening friendships.
- Elemental Control (AKA "Bending Arts", "Elemental Manipulation", "Elemental Arts/Control/Force", "Elementalism", or "Kinetics"): The ability to manipulate elements. User can manipulate, shape and create the basic elements of nature (earth, water, air, and fire). Literally meaning to "Change Molecules", users of Elemental Manipulation are very rare and powerful. Capabilities may include moving, altering, and mixing existing elements or pull atoms together and create one atom from many others. Due to their many similarities Telekinesis and Elemental Manipulation are often confused. Elemental Manipulation is the parent ability and power for many other elemental-based abilities and powers including Water Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Earth Manipulation, Air Manipulation and many others, while Telekinesis is the ability to control energy and matter using pure psychic energy.
- Earth Manipulation (AKA "Earthbending", "Earth Release/Doton", "Geokinesis", and "Terrakinesis"): The power to manipulate earth, including sand, stone, rock, lava, dirt, glass, metal, and other minerals. User can create, shape and manipulate any "Earthen" elements including most solid objects, specifically all mineralsand mineral compositions regardless of their state (mountain, boulder, sand or dust), dirt, soil, etc.
- Air Manipulation (AKA "Aerokinesis", "Air Control", "Airbending", "Anemokinesis", "Atmosphere Control/Manipulation", "Atmospheric Gas Manipulation", "Spirarekinesis", "Wind Control/Manipulation", "Wind Release/Fūton"): The power to manipulate air. User can create, shape and manipulate air, common name given to the layer of atmospheric gases and various compounds (mostly oxygen and nitrogen) surrounding the planet Earth that is retained by Earth's gravity, and wind, movement of air relative to the surface of the planet. It is an important factor in determining and controlling climate and weather, and the generating force of most ocean and freshwater waves. Wind occurs because of horizontal and vertical differences in atmospheric pressure, and include breezes, squalls, gusts, whirlwinds, zephyrs, gales, tempests, and hurricanes. Since air cannot be seen by conventional methods, neither can the attacks and derivatives formed by/from it, making it an invisible and versatile weapon that is very difficult to block and dodge.
- Fire Manipulation (AKA "Agnikinesis", "Fire Control/Release", "Firebending", "Flame Control/Manipulation", "Ignikinesis", and "Pyrokinesis"): Users can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.
- Water Manipulation (AKA "Aquakinesis", "Hydrokinesis", "Water Control", "Water Release", and "Waterbending"): The power to manipulate water. User can create, shape and manipulate water, inorganic compound with liquid, gas (steam, water vapour), and solid (ice) states, including changing them from one state to other.
- Darkness Manipulation (AKA "Blackness Control/Manipulation", "Darkness Control", "Erebokinesis", "Obtenebration", "Shadow Control/Manipulation" "Umbrakinesis", and "Umbragenesis"): The power to manipulate darkness/shadows. User can create, shape and manipulate darkness and shadows. By itself, darkness is mostly used to cloud everything into total darkness, but by accessing a dimension of dark energy it can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid substance: one can also control and manipulate the beings that exist there, create and dispel shields and areas of total darkness, create constructs and weapons, teleport one's self through massive distances via shadows, etc.
- Clairvoyance (AKA "Psychic Eye"; "Third Eye" or "Psychic Vision"; "Clear Seeing"; "Mind's Sight"; "Remote Viewing"; "Second Sight"; or "Telepathic Perspective"): The ability to gain information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the known human senses. The user can gain a direct visual information about an object, person, location or physical event through means other than the user's physical sight and allows them to act when they are unable to use their eyes. Users are able to sense spiritual/psychic beings. Someone with this gift sees images, shapes, colors, still pictures, moving pictures, etc that are not seen by others nor seen by ordinary eyesight. These images may be seen with the eyes open or closed. This intuitive ability comes straight from the sixth chakra. Clairvoyants may also perceive types of energy not perceptible by others or by normal means. It has terms associated with it such as 'the third eye' 'sixth sense' and 'inner eye'. Clairvoyance is one of the most accurate intuitive abilities.
- Telepathy (AKA "Legilimency" or "Thought-Casting"): The ability to read other people's minds and hear their thoughts and to mentally receive and/or transmit information. Users of this power are often called Telepaths or Mind Readers. User can read/sense another person's thoughts, communicate with them mentally and/or affect their minds/thoughts. Telepathy falls into two categories: Telepathic Communication, which is the ability to transmit information from mind to another, and Telepathic Perception, which is the ability to receive information from another mind.
- Empath or Empathy (AKA a "Sensitive" or "Empathic Perception/Sense"): The ability to identify the emotional feelings of another person. This is also the ability to take on other people's feelings of pain or pleasure, actually feeling the emotions of others. The power to fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others. Users are often called Empaths. For a psychic empathy healer, it is an ability that can help in relating the symptoms and cause of a client's ailment. The user can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another. They can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since they know exactly what emotion is flowing through themselves and can use this knowledge to play against them. Some users may learn to read emotional imprints left into environment or objects. Usually over time, an Empath's power grows to the point that they can manipulate emotions on others, and possibly use them to empower themselves. User may learn to extend their power over/on vast number of sentient beings or reach extreme distances, even other levels of existence but this may be possible only if the user has emotional link to those they search already in effect.
- True Power (AKA Enhanced Inner Power Manifestation, Enhanced Power Manifestation, Real Power, Self Empowerment, The Hidden/Final/Ultimate Power/Potential, True Inner Power/Potential, Unbound Power/Potential): The power to unlock the true power and full potential from within oneself and things. Combination of Inner Power, Potential Creationand True Form. Much like Inner Power and True Form, users can unleash and amplify their hidden powers and abilities to the fullest and greatest extent through sheer force of will. This allows the user to unlock the power that lies within their very being, granting them feats that defy logic. When the user unlocks their true power, they are able to do just about anything that is tied to their abilities to levelsunfathomable, and their power is potent that if the user is ever stripped of it, it is never truly gone, but merely locked away again. If users manage to unlock it again, the powers that were lost are regained even stronger than ever before depending on the faith and will of the user. Note: One's power can be either magical, scientific, divine, etc, but in truth it lacks any powers based on outside forces except the user's will alone. According to most legends, true power is an aspect of one's being, making it nearly impossible to take away and much like potential creation it's neither random nor chosen, it's the immeasurable unbound internal force with transcending capacity to do just about anything, that lies from within. Legends also says that the true meaning of power is that sometimes it's not about mastering supernatural powers, but about mastering oneself. Basically, its means that those who know to unleash and conquer one's true self and nature, they can't be conquered by anyone else. Legends also include that true power can only be found from within, just as much as that it dwells within everyone, but only a few can harness it. Also, true power is unbound by the laws of magic, science, logic and divinity, and is independent of such forces, for true power is at it's purest capability unimaginable. The power in legends proved so powerful that it can gain and/or mimic all the traits of magical, scientific and divine properties and transcend them to the legendarycapabilities. This makes the power strong enough for the user to transcend their own race and bring their abilities to their truest form.
- Decelerated Aging (AKA "Decelerated Aging Process", "Delayed/Retarded/Slowed Aging", "Longevity"): The power to age at a slower-than-normal rate. Opposite of Accelerated Aging. The user either ages slower than normal for their species or is of a species that has extended life-span. Witches, like Bonnie, have the possible power to live for hundreds (possibly thousands) of years while maintaining a beautiful and youthful appearance.
- Intuition (AKA Intuitive Aptitude, Hyper Intuition, Innate Capability, Instinctive Aptitude, Intuitive Intellect/Intelligence, Psychic Aptitude, Spontaneous Learning): The ability to have an innate sense of events, thoughts, and even the feelings of others that are normally outside of what the normal human ability is capable of perceiving.
- Aura Reading (AKA Aura Perception/Sense/Sight/Vision, Ecto-Vision or Kirlean Eye): The ability to perceive all of the energy fields surrounding various people, places and things. The user can perceive auras, normally invisible fields of energy that surround every living thing, this can be used to sense emotions, health, power levels, or the targets moral alignment. They may also be able to sense auras surrounding inanimate objects under special circumstances.
- Palm Reading (AKA Palmistry, Somatomancy, Chiromancy, Cheirology and Chirognomy): The ability to tell fortunes by reading the lines on a persons hand.
- Witch Identification: Witches can recognize sorcerers on sight. In addition, a witch can recognize another witch via physical contact. A handshake or brushing the arm of another witch will alert the witch to the others connection to magic. The older and more experienced the witch, the more likely she can identify the others strength.
- Supernatural Detection (AKA Insight, Magical Awareness/Detection/Sensatiom, Paranormal Awareness/Detection/Sensation, Supernatural Awareness/Detection/Senation, Supernatural Sense, Supernatural Sensitivity): The power to sense and identify supernatural phenomena. The user can sense the presence of supernatural beings and identify them as such on sight.
- Power Restoration (AKA Ability Restoration): The ability to restore lost powers. A sub-power of Superpower Manipulation. Opposite to Power Erasure. The user is able to restore the powers of others. This allows them to restore the powers they lost due to abilities such as Power Erasure and/or Power Absorption.
- Curse Negation (AKA Curse Breaking/Cancellation/Suppression): The power to nullify or bypass curses. Variation of Negation and Spell Negation. Opposite to Curse Inducement. The user can nullify, remove or bypass curses to keep them safe from infliction.
- Telekinesis (AKA "Psychokinesis", "Mind Power", "Object Manipulation", "PK", or "TK"): The ability to move objects with the mind. User can influence/manipulate/move matter with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", and may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
- Telekinetic Choking (AKA Telekinetic Choke, Force Choke or Force Choking in Star Wars): The power strangle or choke a person using telekinesis. Sub-power of Telekinesis. The user is able to use telekinesis to strangle or choke their target.
- Astral Projection (AKA "Lucid Projector", "Astral Form", "Astral Transport", or "Astral Travel"): The ability to project the spiritual body of a person to another area in the world. User can separate their spirit from the body by entering a trance, gaining access of travel to the Astral Plane. Experienced individuals may control both the Astral and Corporeal presences.
- Divination (AKA "Augury", "Foretelling", "Fortune Telling", "Omen Reading", "Soothsaying"): The ability to gain insight into a question or situation using an occultic, standardized process or ritual. User can employ divination, a method of reading the future, the present and the past and/or provide help to a problem at hand by using an occultic, standardized process or ritual. Divination can be achieved by communicating with the supernatural (i.e. gods, demons, spirits, nymphs) or just by reading certain patterns.
- Enhanced Awareness (AKA Hyper Awareness and Enhanced Perception): The power to have an increased sense of awareness.Variation of Enhanced Senses. The user has an increased sense of awareness far above those of the user's species, often to the extent that few, if any, little details miss their notice.
- Mind Reading (AKA "Telereceive" or "Thought Reading"): The ability to read the minds and the thoughts of others. The user can sense the thoughts of other people, usually hearing them like ordinary speech, but possibly by other senses such as sight. Usually they sense the surface thoughts (including other mental communications), but they can also learn to push farther into subconscious and memories.
- Afterlife Communication: The ability to communicate, reach out or converse with the dead, ghosts or spirits.
- Precognition (AKA "Inner Eye", Foresight, Fortunetelling, Premonition, "Second Sight", "Sixth Sense", or "Visions"): The ability to have the knowledge or the awareness of the future or future events, which are obtained through extra sensory perception. Users have the ability to foresee possible futures and observe what may happen. As knowledge of the future invariably causes that future to change, visions of the future are subject to frequent shifting. While not being able to select futures or travel through time, these visions may assist in possible courses of action.
- Healing (AKA "Cell Regeneration"; "Healing Hands/Power/Touch"; and "Recovery Power/Touch"): The power to restore biotic organisms to their optimal health. User can restore biotic organisms to their optimal health, curing damaged or withered organisms, wounds, broken bones, low vitality, and diseases/poisoning. Though the user may potentially heal any form of bodily damage, the patient must be alive, even if hanging by a thin thread, in order to be healed; once the patient has died, it would transcend healing and would require resurrection instead.
- Life Link (AKA Life Anchoring): The ability to connect one's life to another person or object. Sub-power of Life-Force Manipulation. User can connect their life-force with another being or object, or create a link between other beings. With the link, they are able to expand their individual powers and draw them together in union, allowing them to achieve untold power and great abilities considered to be beyond that of normal beings. It also provides protective properties if one person is injured.
- Pain Inducement (AKA Agony Inducement, Hurt Inducement, Pain Induction/Infliction/Stimulation): The ability to inflict agonizing pain by varying means. Sub-power of Pain Manipulation. Variation of Mental Inducement. User is able to cause varying levels of pain, including physical, mental and/or emotional, to their targets using supernatural means.
- Wound Inducement (AKA Scar Dead): The power to inflict both physical and mental wounds. Sub-power of Health Manipulation. The user can inflict wounds, both mental and physical, on other people at will. This ability extends not only to physical wounds, but to mental wounds as well, allowing the user to leave their victims in a state of mental breakdown even at a great distance. It can also be used to open the wounds of non-living objects such as metal or concrete, which can cause roofs and walls to crumble and collapse due to "wounds" caused in construction.
- Entity Tethering (AKA "Double Binding/Tethering", "Entity Binding", and "Multi-Binding/Tethering"): The power to bind two or more targets together. User is able to bind two or more targets together by various means. When they are bonded together, the victims will not be able to move much distance away from each other. As long as they are bound to one another, they will be forced to move in unison if they are to get anywhere. The means of bonding the victims may include chains, telekinesis or some other force, ropes, magic, energy or other means.
- Consciousness Transferal (AKA Consciousness Projection and Mind Transferal): The power to transfer one's consciousness into another body. Sub-power of Telepathy. Not to be confused with Mind Exchange. The user can transfer their mind and memories into a new body while retaining all of their powers and skills, which grants them a variation Immortality. Depending on the user, they may have lifeless, empty bodies for their minds to possess, possessing a comatose/brain-dead person or just possessing someone else.
- Neurocognitive Deficit (AKA Brain Asphyxiation, Faint Inducement, Mental Overload/Shutdown, Mind Freeze, Neuro Shut-Down, Neuropsychology, Unconsciousness Inducement): The ability to shut down a person's brain functions, rendering them unconscious. Sub-power of Mental Manipulation and Psionic Inundation. The user can cause the target's upper brain functions to shut down temporarily, causing unconsciousness.
- Body Immobilization (AKA Body Freezing, Body Stopping, Bioprohiberis): The ability to freeze people in space. Sub-power of Inanimation, Mind Control, Molecular Immobilization, Muscle Manipulation, and Nerve Manipulation. Not to be confused with Time Stopping. The user is able to make people freeze within their current state in space. The person/people may have their motor and cognitive functions being frozen as well, so have no idea that it happened as it just goes by and skips over the time they were frozen in time according to their perception of things.
- Magic Unification (AKA Fusion Magic and Magic Amalgamation/Combination/Merging): The power to unify different forms of magic. Pathway to Almighty Magic. User can unify different types of magic, combining their advantages and possibly creating stronger form of magic.
- Magic Intuition: The ability to possess intuitively/instantly understanding of magic. The user has great, if not innate, understanding of magic, knowing intuitively/instantly how to perform magic and spells through an innate talent to assimilate extraordinary powers or through supernatural.
- Symbiotic Connection (AKA Symbiotic Link): The power to have a bond with a living or non-living subject. Sub-power to Symbiosis. Variation of Life Link and Mind Link. A user has a supernatural connection with living or non-living subject subject, allowing them to actively search through its mind, sense emotional turmoil or danger, and above all, become an extension of its life-force. The user and the object is organically connected; therefore as long as one lives the other will live, but if one dies, the other will die as well, making this a dangerous connection to have. If the user forms a stronger bond with the other being, their power over it will enhance exponentially. The user's connection can be so strong that the user could control everything about the other being with just a thought.
- Psychic Communication (AKA "Mental Dialogue" or "Telepathic Communication/Dialogue"): The ability to communicate with one's mind. The user is able to form a psionic communication line with another being, essentially rendering them capable of having comprehensible conversations with others using their minds. The user is able to open up channels of communications with others who may be incapable of physical speech or communicate if unable to physically speak.
- Pressure Strike (AKA Pressure Wave): The ability to attack a target at a distance through raw pressure. Sub-power of Pressure Manipulation. Variation Enhanced Strike and Razor Wind. The user can strike from a distance by generating with a wave of pressure/shockwave/vacuum.
- Sensory Scrying (AKA Parasitic Senses and Sense Borrowing/Synchronization): The power to perceive through other beings' senses. Sub-power of Telepathy. Variation of Clairvoyance. The user can "hitch-hike" other beings' senses and experience what happens as they were them. This power grants the user with the ability to taste, feel, smell, see and/or hear from others senses. It allows the user to experience the world as their target would.
- Sensory Tracking (AKA Directing, Homing, Locating, Sensing): The ability to track the whereabouts of people or objects by focusing on them. Sub-power of Detection. The user can use sense and locate other people and/or objects by focusing on them, allowing them to find their location and sense their environment. This power works most effectively in finding missing people, as the user can sense the whereabouts of his target and point out the direction and distance between them.
- Attraction & Repulsion (AKA Pushing and Pulling): The power to push and/or pull objects. Sub-power of Telekinesis. The user can use various means (mental strength, magnetic force, etc.) to either pull objects towards them or push them away.
- Motor-Skill Manipulation (AKA Manipulative Puppetry): The power to control motor functions of others against their will. Sub-power of Puppet Mastery and Telekinesis. The user takes control over motor functions of others against their will as if they were a marionette, subjects are still conscious, but can’t resist the user's puppet control.
- Precognitive Dreaming (AKA Oneiric Precognition, Psychic Dreaming, Psychic Dreams, or Prophetic Dreaming): The ability to have dreams about the future or have illusional dreams.
- Ceromancy (AKA "Candle Reading" and "Ceroscopy"): The ability to use candles for spell casting or to make prophecies. Also the ability to read into or use candles to meditate by gazing into a burning flame.
- Astrology: The ability to use Astrology, a form of Magic that revolves around astronomical concepts. Sub-power of Cosmic Manipulation. Users of this power are called Astrologers. Like the practice of Theurgy (Mysticism) and Alchemy, Astrology is a mystical practice that deals with the use of ethereal energy from a certain Universal concept. While Alchemy deals with the elements, and Theurgy deals with spirits, Astrology deals with the theorized "bond" that astronomical phenomena shares with human life. Astrologers have used this to foresee certain events in human life. Mythological tradition tells us there exist a form of Angels called Devas (Not to be confused with Demons), which reside in heavenly bodies and govern over natural processes such as vegetation, and Evolution. As in the other two powers, users can draw ethereal power from their areas along with specific abilities such as Heliokinesis, and Menekinesis. This power can almost be seen as a type of Astrological Empowerment. With Mysticism, Alchemy, and Astrology practiced, the user will have All Three Parts of Universal Wisdom.
- Zodiac Empowerment (AKA Zodiac Ability/Affinity/Control/Power): The power to draw power from zodiac signs. The user is able to have the power of their zodiac sign. This includes Western Astrology or the Eastern Zodiac. They may draw their power from their own sign or a compilation of signs. If the latter is true, then one could combine their zodiac abilities to generate stronger effects. Zodiac abilities are at their strongest during the months that they are active; their designated months.
- Crystallomancy (AKA Crystal Ball Reading and Crystal Reading): The ability to gain insight into a question or situation using crystals. Technique of Crystal Manipulation. Variation of Elemental Divination. User can employ a method of reading the future, the present and the past and/or provide help to a problem at hand by using crystals, often crystal balls, as a focus.
- Tassomancy: The practice of divination based off the positions and symbols of tea leaves.
- Channeling (AKA "Conduction" or "Harnessing"): The ability to have a seperate intelligence that enters the mind and or body of the psychic and then uses that body/mind to communicate messages directly to the audience. Also he ability to channel energies and powers. A psychic is not interpreting the information. In a channeling situation, the message passes through as if the intelligence was using the body and mind of the psychic to hear you and to speak to you directly. Users are able to channel/harness energies/powers in their surroundings, within themselves and others, towards for myriad of possibilities of ones capabilities and potential.
- Clairaudience (AKA "Clairaudient" or "Clear Hearing"): The ability to hear things that are inaudible. Meaning a psychic hears beyond the natural sense of hearing. He or she may ‘hear clearly’, and perceive sounds or words from spirits, guides, or angels or simply hear into your future in some mystical way. User can hear in a way that isn't connected to their physical senses, on distances beyond their normal ranges or being able to sense sounds that are beyond their normal auditory range. They may be able to hear psychic/spiritual levels/beings. Someone with this gift hears sounds, words, voices, and/or ideas through the hearing centre of the brain. There are two forms of clairaudience. The first form is hearing thoughts within ourselves, which sounds the same as when we talk to ourselves. They use their 'inner ear' to hear, just as someone with clairvoyance would use their 'inner eye' to see. The second form is hearing the voices spoken out loud. It is the actual perception of sounds, voices, etc that are not heard by others and not done by ordinary hearing. This type is more accurate, as it does not require interpretation.
- Clairempathy: The ability to feel emotions from beyond natural realms. Also the power to detect emotional resonances from other locations and times. The user can detect emotional resonances from other locations and times. They can also perceive emotions across species, as well as from the past, the future, the spirit world and (if strong enough) the realms of the divine.
- Clairsentience (AKA "Psychometry", "Psychometrics", "Clear Feeling", "Empath", "Spiritual" or "Intuitive Empath", or "Trace Scrying"): The ability to pick up sensations and relate messages from those senses. Also the ability to perceive the residual information of an object and/or person by using senses. The user obtains historical memories or sensations concerning beings and objects they can observe by their senses. With objects they gain the knowledge including the makers, users, and even those who have on passing used the object, and what has been done with it. With living beings or parts of the body the user learns their general life-history, but doesn't gain anything of what they were thinking or feeling.
- Claircognizant (AKA "Claircognizance"): The ability to have the sense of clear knowing. Also the ability to gain information of all sorts through intrinsic means. The user can gain information about a person, object, place, or event through intrinsic knowledge, as in it just "comes to" the user's mind.
- Clairtangency (AKA "Clear Touching"): It is more commonly known as psychometry. It is the ability to handle an object and perceive Psychic information from the spiritual or ethereal realms using touch. clairempathy means 'clear emotion'. It is the ability to Psychically tune into others emotions. Someone with this ability tunes into the vibrations of the spiritual and ethereal realms and feels the tones of another's aura.
- Extra Sensory Perception (AKA "ESP", "Enhanced Intuition", "Telegnosis" or "Sixth Sense"): The ability to have perception beyond regular or normal senses. The ability to acquire information by means independent of any known senses or previous experience. The user can instantly learn whatever they wish. This applies to any and all kinds of information, knowledge, wisdom, experience, etc. Information can be either personal (memories, thoughts, etc.) or impersonal (academic knowledge, data, etc.). This ability can be used passively (as an instinctual reaction) or actively (by wanting to know specific information).
- Dream Interpretation: The ability to understand or read dreams. The ability to tell a dreamer something about their state of mind in a waking experience.
- Medium (AKA "Mediumship", "Ghost Whispering", "Post-Mortem Communication", or "Spiritual Affinity"): The ability to connect with and act as a communication conduit for spirits in the after life and/or guiding entities such as angels. Also the power to perceive and communicate with spirits and those who are in the afterlife. User can view ghosts/spirits of deceased and communicate with them, even if they have possessed inanimate objects/subjects/people. They are able to repel and run spirits away from an area, compel to employ an armada of ghosts, and may even view a visual conception of a spirit world in a trance if desired.
- Ouija Board: The ability to use a talking board or spirit board and use it in séance with the alphabet and other symbols printed or carved on it.
- Psychic Medium: The ability to have the extra sensory perception and act as a channel or conduit in communication with guides, angels, spirits or those that have passed on.
- Dream Manipulation (AKA "Dream Control/Power", "Dreamscaping", "Oneirhkinesis", "Somnipathy"): The ability to enter and manipulate the dreams of oneself and others. User can create, shape, enter and manipulate the dreams of oneself and others, including modifying, suppressing, fabricating, influencing, manifesting, sensing, and observing dreams as well as nightmares, daydreams, etc. They can produce and modify dreams, bestow nightmares or lucid dreaming, entrap people in REM, and promote spiritual/emotional healing within dreams. In some cases, the user's power extends to the real world, such as wounds inflicted on a sleeping victim and even pulling someone from the waking world into the dream world.
- Body Language Analysis (AKA Body Reading Ability, Movement Study, Reflex Analysis): The power to intuitively read others' body language and anticipate their actions. The user can intuitively read others' body language, allowing them to anticipate their actions and respond accordingly, often allowing the user to predict opponent's attacks.
- Memory Restoration (AKA Memory Healing): The power to heal memories that have been altered or deleted. Sub-power of Memory Manipulation. Opposite to Memory Erasure. The user can heal others memories which have been altered or even deleted. Those suffering from amnesia will fully regain their lost memories. Victims of Memory Manipulation and Mental Manipulationcan go to the user to get them back/unaltered.
- Lucid Dreaming: Lucid dreaming is a state of dreaming where you have the realization that you are dreaming, but you still have a complete control over the dream. The dream may not unfold in the way that that dreamer wants, but the events in such dreams are very close to the dreamer.
- Tarot Reading (AKA "Cartomancy", "Card Reading"): The ability to see the future/past/present using a deck of cards. User can use cartomancy, the use of normal deck of cards or tarot cards to gain insight into the past, current and possible future situations of the subject.
- Rune Reading: The practice of divination based off the positions and symbols of runic stones.
- Scrying (AKA "Sensory Scrying", "Parasitic Senses" or "Sense Borrowing/Synchronization"): The ability to perceive through other beings' sense. The user can "hitch-hike" other beings' senses and experience what happens as they were them. This power grants the user with the ability to taste, feel, smell, see and/or hear from others senses. It allows the user to experience the world as their target would.
- Prescience: The power to have instinctive foreknowledge of incoming events. Sub-power of Omniscience. Variation of Precognition. The user has instinctive knowledge of events before they happen, and often knows an enemy's every move and intention before said enemy even decides them.
- Elemental Manipulation (AKA "Bending Arts"; "Elemental Arts/Control/Force"; "Elementalism"; and "Kinetics"): The ability to manipulate the elements. User can manipulate, shape and create the basic elements of nature. Bonnie has the ability as a witch to use the elements and manipulate them in her spells. She is able to manipulate water, air, fire and earth elements.
- Pyrokinesis/Pyrogenesis (AKA "Fire Manipulation", "Agnikinesis", "Fire Control/Release", "Fire Generation", "Flame Creation/Generation", "Ignition", "Firebending", "Flame Control/Manipulation", "Ignikinesis"): The ability to manipulate, control, generate, or create fire. Users can create, shape and manipulate fire, the rapid oxidation of a material in the exothermic chemical process of combustion, releasing heat, light, and various reaction products, flame being the visible portion of the fire. Depending on the substances alight, and any impurities outside, the color of the flame and the fire's intensity will be different.
- Psychometry (AKA "Clairsentience", "Psychometrics", "Trace Scrying"): The power to perceive the residual information of an object and/or person by using senses. The user obtains historical memories or sensations concerning beings and objects they can observe by their senses. With objects they gain the knowledge including the makers, users, and even those who have on passing used the object, and what has been done with it. With living beings or parts of the body the user learns their general life-history, but doesn't gain anything of what they were thinking or feeling.
- Death Sense (AKA "Death Perception/Prediction/Vision"): The ability to sense the coming of death and the actual act of dying. The user is capable of sensing the coming of death, able to determine when someone is dead or dying or if others have died in a specific location. At times, this extends to seeing the names and lifespans of those who's faces the user sees.
- Danger Intuition (AKA "Danger Detection/Reacting/Sense/Sensing", "Gut Feeling", "Hazard Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing", "Intent Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing", "Instincts", "Sixth Sense", "The Willies", "Threat Detection/Intuition/Reacting/Sense/Sensing"): The ability to detect impending danger and threats. The user can sense nearing dangers and sense unwanted or hectic threats to their well-being, acute danger, potential immediate danger, evade danger, and impending danger. The intuition usually regards themselves, but may include their surroundings (a distant car-wreck).
- Destiny Perception (AKA "Destiny/Fate Sense" or "Fate Perception"): The ability to perceive destiny or fate. The user can sense the fate of themselves and others: they can see if they, or others, are meant to be loved, hated, rich, poor or even meant to die. Users of this can also see whether they or others are fated to be good or evil.
- Conjuration (AKA "Conjuring Magic" or "Summoning Magic"): The ability to cast spells that can summon anything. The users of this power can cast spells which can summon any form of creatures, items, spirits, demons, deities or elements. This power is only useful with magical properties. Some spells may require markings or a magic circle for the conjuring and depending on the size, the bigger the summon.
- Necromancy (AKA "Necrokinesis" or "Undeath Magic"): The ability to utilize magic involving the dead, life-force and/or souls. Practitioners of this trade are known as Necromancers. The user's magical abilities revolve around manipulating the dead, death, the life-force and/or souls for good (i.e., resurrecting the dead), evil (in various ways) or neither. Users can also use communicate with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge. Many practitioners find a way to cheat death one way or another, whether by becoming some form of undead creature or by bypassing their own ability to die.
- Humanization (AKA Human Transformation, Human Conversion, and Turning): The power to transform supernatural beings into ordinary humans. Opposite to Conversion. Alternate of Power Erasure. The user can transform themselves or other beings into regular humans (or if they are super-powered members of other species, to normal members of their species) by removing all of their supernatural traits, which renders their target completely powerless. This is different from Power Erasure in its ability to eliminate all supernatural traits from the target, including their natural affinity, and sometimes DNA.
- Heart Rip (AKA Cardiac Displacement, Heart Extraction, Heart Removal): The ability to rip out the heart. Sub-power of Cardiology Manipulation. User can remove the heart of oneself or others, usually resulting in the target's death. This may be done either by physical action (ripping the heart out manually via brute force), or by various supernatural means. By normal biological means, tearing one's heart out means instant death. However, the heart may be continued to be connected to the body via a magical link, and anything that happens to it afterwards will be afflicted to the owner's body.
- Internal Rupturing (AKA Internal Attacking, Internal Damage Inducement, Rupture Internal Organs): The ability to inflict internal injuries. Sub-power of Mutilation and Wound Inducement. The user can inflict internal injuries, such as rupturing internal organs, upon an intended victim, often leaving no sign of outward damage with the exception of blood coming from the orifices. This also allows users to attack people who are invulnerable to physical attacks that causes external damage.
- Power Via Gesture (AKA Bodily Gestures): The ability to manifest/use supernatural abilities/powers through gestures. The user of this ability can perform, use and/or manifest supernatural abilities for usage, by performing nonverbal bodily gestures (ex. as hand gestures/signs, poses and stances). The abilities the user would perform, would possibly be temporary.
- Omni-Magic (AKA "Almighty Magic", "God Magic", "Infinite Magic", "Magic Mastery", "Magical Omnipotence", "Mystic Omnipotence", "Omni-Magic Manipulation", "Omni-Mystokinesis", "Power of a Majin", "The All", "The One Magic", "Transcendent Thaumaturgy", and "Ultimate Magic"): The ability to use all forms of magic. Mystical version of Nigh Omnipotence. Ultimate pinnacle of Magic. User of this power has unlimited access to all forms of magic and other mystical and supernatural forces. They can bend, break, and even create natural laws, distort the fabric of reality on a cosmic scale, perform unbelievable miracles, and create things without limit. Users are also immune to all opposing magic and can even break through all outside mystic defenses. In short, the user seems all-powerful at first, but is actually at a nigh-omnipotent level.It can be assumed that if Bonnie really concentrates and focuses on her magic, she could eventually prove to be one of the most powerful witches ever. However, Bonnie has yet to unleash all of her full power and her full potential out of fear that she will cause serious harm or damage to herself and to others. Bonnie has proven to be so powerful at times, that she even ends up over exerting herself and fainting as a result.
- Pure Heart (AKA "Heart of Gold/Good/Light/Purity" and "Pure of Heart"): The ability to possess a pure heart. Variation of Strong Heart and Good Embodiment. Opposite of Dark Heart. Users possess a heart devoid of evil, darkness, malice, etc.
- Good Embodiment (AKA "Good Incarnate/Soul", "Source of All Good", "The Benevous"): The power to be the embodiment of good. Variation of Power Manifestation and Benefic Force Manipulation. Opposite to Evil Embodiment. The user either is living embodiment of complete goodness and can manipulate anything to do with good and can use their powers to spread peace and goodness around the universe. Since good can exist anywhere the user can also be anywhere too and they have huge capabilities. Anything is possible as long as it spreads kindness, peace, love or anything else considered good. Examples include, banishment of malevolent beings/energies, bringing good luck to people/places, bringing virtues out of people and so on. Most of the time this power is used by a god, and the user is nearly impossible to overpower unless Evil Embodiment is used, even that isn't bound to win.
- Charity Embodiment (AKA "Altruism Embodiment", "Altruism/Charity Incarnate", "Altruism/Charity Personification", "The Charitable"): The power to become the embodiment of charity. A variation of Charity Manipulation and Virtue Embodiment. The user of this power can become the embodiment of Charity, they are able to help and mend to those people who needs help via different ways. They may be able to convert their charitable works and actions into a sort of energy to become a weapon or an attacking offense and also making it become a support to others as well as defense from any opposing powers of this embodiment.
- Compassion Embodiment (AKA "Compassion Personification", "Compassion Incarnate", "Gentleness Embodiment", "Kindness Personification", "Kindness Incarnate", "Tenderness Embodiment", "The Kindful", "The Compassionate"): The ability to become the embodiment of compassion. Variation of Compassion Manipulation, Virtue Embodiment and Emotion Embodiment. Opposite power of Envy Embodiment. Users become the living embodiment of compassion and gain the ability to feed off of the compassion of everyone and everything including themselves. Users can convert compassion into energy and use it as a full source to extend their own life span or as a weapon. They may never age and may be immune to death unless certain conditions are met.
- Soulmate Connection (With Damon Salvatore; AKA All Conquering Love, The Highest Level of Love, True Love): The power to have a connection with one's soulmate. The user is connected, linked, associated, and/or bonded with their soulmate/soulmates. They know who their soulmate/s is/are, can empathize and harmonize with said soulmate/s, lack any fear of expressing their feelings for them, share many, if not some characteristics in common with them, and understand one another without even talking. The user and their soulmate/s, by nature, are compassionate and sympathetic toward one another, get along quite well with the other, and love each other either as close friends or romantic partners, depending on which type of user they are. Some users have the friendly type soulmate/s, in which they are the bestest friends with their soulmate/s, share only and the best feelings of friendship with them, and could be of any species and gender of either the same as or different from the user's, while others have the romantic type soulmate/s, in which they and their soulmate/s are meant for each other as a couple, and naturally share romantic feelings of love for one another. Damon only shares this power with his one true soulmate Bonnie. This means that Damon doesn't share this connection with anyone else in the entire world or Universe except Bonnie. Through their soulmate bond, Damon is able to sense what Bonnie is feeling, feel her emotions/empathize with her, and is able to sense when she is in trouble or danger even if they are far away from one another. He is able to read her mind and thoughts with ease and is able to communicate with her through the use of telepathy when they are at a far distance or in each other's presence.
- Eternal Bond (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Absolute Connection, Boundless Connection, Eternal Connection, Infinite Connection, Meta Bond, Meta Connection, Absolute Bond, Boundless Bond, Eternal Bond, Infinite Bond): The power to have a eternal/infinite bond with anything. Ultimate form of Hyper Connection and Soulmate Connection. User has a eternal or infinite bond with someone/something, making them connected on a level beyond anything and everything. Allowing them to always be connected to each other as their bond transcends everything regardless of its nature including space, time, distance, separation from reality, death, non-existence, etc. This connection goes beyond soul-mates, beyond the collective unconscious, beyond even the fabric and foundations of reality. Users bond cannot be broken, destroyed, manipulated, removed, separated, or severed. Even if the users soul is destroyed the connection will remain, even if the users existence and/or memory is erased from reality/history the connection will still remain. Nothing can ever separate the users from each other or their bond with each other. Damon only shares this power and connection with Bonnie, who is his one true soulmate. Due to the power and strength of Damon and Bonnie's connection, their bond is immune from Reality Separation, Bond Destruction, Bond Manipulation, Connection Removal, Separation, Severing, Soul Destruction, and Existence Erasure. Their bond is so powerful that it can transcend alternate realities and death. The bond is unbreakable and unable to be severed even by death.
- Trascendent Connection (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Transcendent Link): The power to have a connection with any/all transcendent power sources. Sub-power of Higher Consciousness. Variation of Buddhaic Plane Manipulation and World Connection. Not to be confused with Almighty Link. User has a connection with any/all almighty, primal, primordial, omnipotent or transcendent power sources. This allows them to have complete understanding and knowledge of anything and everything. Some users may even have such a deep connection that they can tap into a transcendent power source and use its power. Unlike Almighty Link, the user cannot control/manipulate their connection or merge with it, they are just simply connected to it as if was a natural part of themselves.
- Bond Empowerment (With Damon Salvatore) (AKA Adjacency Empowerment, Blood Buddies, Brother Band, Collective, Friendship Empowerment, Kisuna, Nakama Power, Power of Friendship, Power of Love): The power to gain strength from bonds of friendship, love, etc. Technique of Relationship Manipulation. Variation of Emotion Empowerment. Not to be confused with Mind Link. Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by bonds of friendship, love, sibling etc. of oneself and others or by being in the receptical range of their better selves, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the bonds or even slow or stop aging. Damon has this power only with Bonnie. Since Bonnie is Damon's true soulmate and they share a soulmate connection, their bond can be used to overcome powerful forces, including forces of danger and evil.
- Soul Link (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Soul Brotherhood, Soul Sisterhood, Spirit Brotherhood, Spirit Sisterhood, Spiritual Connection, The Soul Brother/Sister, The Spirit Brother/Sister): The power to be linked by one's own soul to another. Technique of Soul Manipulation. Variation of Symbiotic Connection. User possesses a link to somebody/something through their soul, which allows them to know each other's locations, share in other power(s) or other capabilities.
- Mind Link (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Impriting, Mental/Psionic/Psychic Link, Telepathic Connection/Link): The ability to develop a mental link with another living being. Sub-power of Telepathy. The power to link minds with other living being, sharing thoughts, memories, emotions or feelings.
- Reincarnation (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Past Life and Rebirth): The power to pass one's spirit/soul into another body after death. Not to be confused with Resurrection as the user possesses a new body. The user is capable of surviving and escaping death by having their spirit/soul reborn in the body of another and possess a body that was just born, new-born being. If they reincarnate by possessing another body they gain the physical capabilities of the host, but also the drawbacks and potentially the social connections as well. If they reincarnate by being reborn in new body, their original powers may be radically changed in strength or they may end up with new powers. Due to their soulmate connection, it is stated that even when both Damon and Bonnie end up dying, they may reincarnate in other future lifetimes only to find each other and fall in love again. It is also likely that Damon and Bonnie have shared many past lives together due to being soulmates.
- Affinity (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Augmentation, Empowerment, Power-Up): The power to gain strength from something, or when a certain event occurs. Combination of Power Augmentation and Enhanced Condition. Opposite to Aversion. Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with a certain object, event, or emotion, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers (E.g.: those with Water Affinity may be able to unlock Water Manipulation when they are in a large body of water). Some users may be able draw sustenance from their affinity or even slow or stop aging.
- Empathy (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Emotion Perception, Emotion Sense, Empathic Perception, Empathic Sense): The power to fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others. The user can fully interpret and replicate the emotions, moods, and temperaments of others without reading apparent symptoms, allowing them to understand introverts or discover one emotion is actually hiding another. They can attack someone in a personal and emotional way since they know exactly what emotion is flowing through themselves and can use this knowledge to play against them. Some users may learn to read emotional imprints left into environment or objects. Usually over time, an Empath's power grows to the point that they can manipulate emotions on others, and possibly use them to empower themselves. The user may learn to extend their power over/on vast number of sentient beings or reach extreme distances, even other levels of existence but this may be possible only if the user has emotional link to those they search already in effect.
- Soul Empowerment (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Soul Affinity, Spirit Affinity, Spirit Empowerment): The power to gain strength from souls. Technique of Soul Manipulation. Variation of Affinity. Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. when they come in contact with, are near or are in the possession of the soul of oneself and/or others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the souls or even slow or stop aging.
- Hyper Connection (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Power Bonding): The ability to have a very strong emotional bond with another creature or being. Variation of Synchronization. The user can make a connection with another creature or being, creating a bond that will be unbreakable. When this bond becomes stronger, the user and his/her creature can hit impressive levels of strength. Users can perform powerful combined attacks.
- Soul Resonation (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Soul Tuning, Tamashi No Kyumei, Soul Resonance, "Soul Eater"): Power to create a synchronization with other souls. Sub-power of Synchronization and Soul Manipulation. User can harmonize their soul with other souls, synchronizing and multiplying spiritual strength of all participants. As Bonnie's soulmate, Damon is able to tune and synchronize his spirit/soul with hers with little to no effort.
- Emotion Enducement (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Emotion Inducement): The ability to induce emotions. Sub-power of Emotion Manipulation. Variation of Mental Inducement. Not to be confused with Emotion Creation. The user can induce emotions, including happiness, sadness, rage, fear, etc., causing short-term change in emotions, exact length of the effect depends on both the users skill and power and the targets mental state. Damon and Bonnie are able to enduce any emotion on each other due to their powerful soulmate bond and connection. They will feel the emotion of the other even if they don't originally feel any particular emotion (sadness, anger, happiness, fear, etc).
- Emotion Manipulation (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Advanced Empathy, Emotion Control, Emotional Control/Manipulation, Empathic Control/Manipulation, Induced Empathy, Pathokinesis): The power to manipulate emotions. User can sense and manipulate the emotions, including feelings, moods and their affects, of themselves, people, animals and other creatures, whether by increasing, decreasing, causing or otherwise channeling emotions, even manifesting the emotional energy to physical level. Emotions have been described as discrete and consistent responses to internal or external events which have a particular significance for the organism. They are brief in duration and consist of a coordinated set of responses, which may include verbal, physiological, behavioral, and neural mechanisms. In addition, relationships exist between emotions, such as having positive or negative influences, with direct opposites existing. The contrasting and categorizationof emotions describes how emotions are thought to relate to each other. Through their soulmate bond and connection, Damon and Bonnie may be able to have the ability or power to manipulate or bend each other's emotions to their will. This could be considered to be a toxic, dangerous and destructive aspect of the soulmate bond.
- Love Empowerment (With Damon Salvatore; AKA The Power of Love): The ability to be empowered by love. Sub-power of Love Manipulation. Variation of Bond Empowerment and Emotion Empowerment. Opposite to Hatred Empowerment. Users become stronger, faster, more durable, etc. by love of oneself and others, possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from love or even slow or stop aging.
- Love Inducement (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Infatuation Inducement and Passion Inducement): The power to induce the emotion of love into others. Sub-power of Love Manipulation. Variation of Emotion Inducement. Opposite to Hatred Inducement. The user can induce love into others, including the love for the user or love for another person. Effects will vary depending on the user's mental strength: Those subjected to this ability may develop a strong infatuation for somebody but will remain in control of themselves, or they may feel so much love for somebody that they have an intense desire to make them happy, becoming completely submissive to them. The effect is usually instant, but in some cases it may slowly take effect the more the victim meets the user/another.The soulmate bond between Damon and Bonnie is so strong that Damon's love, emotions and feelings for Bonnie were able to crack the hard stone surrounding Damon's soul which had been there for hundred's of years. Bonnie has the ability to induce feelings of love, empathy and compassion just by being in his existence.
- Love Augmentation (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Love Amplification, Passion Augmentation, and Passion Amplification): The power to augment love in others. Sub-power of Love Manipulation. Variation of Emotion Augmentation. Opposite to Hatred Augmentation. The user can augment the love in others, increasing the targets love and causing the target to become (depending on the type of love and individual personality), obsessively focused, affectionate, passionate and/or loving. Because of the soumate bond, Damon and Bonnie's love and feelings for each other increase and become heightened and magnified. Any love that they feel for each other is amplified because they are true soulmates.
- Undying Loyalty (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Absolute Loyalty, Boundless Loyalty, Loyal Embodiment, Loyal to the End, Loyalty Embodiment, The Loyal Knight, The Loyal One, Unquestionable Loyalty): The ability to remain completely loyal until the very end. May be a sub-power of Emotional Manipulation. Users can remain completely loyal until the very end, either using it on others, making them completely willing to protect and never abandoning the user, or use this on themselves, making them unable to abandon or betray their loved ones if they're ever in need.
- Loyalty Empowerment (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Loyalty Affinity/Augmentation, Piety Affinity/Augmentation/Empowerment): The power to gain strength from loyalty. Sub-power of Undying Loyalty. Variation of Affinity. Opposite to Betrayal Empowerment. Users become stronger, faster, more durable etc. from any/all types of loyalty (personal, family, group, national, species, etc.), possibly unlocking abilities related to the affinity and enhancing the existing powers. Some users may be able draw sustenance from the loyalty or even stop or slow aging.
- Companion Allegiance (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Companion Contracting, Companion Control, and Companion Creation): The power to form an allegiance willingly or not with one or more companions. Variation of Assailant and Guardianship. Lesser form of Subordination Manipulation. The users of this power are able to form a sacred and powerful union between user and companion, and they can fight with a harmonized flow of energy. The user can also just rely on their companion to fight or they can transfer their own energies to their companion to give them energy boosts. In some cases if the user is in danger, there can be a fusion between user and companion to achieve a more powerful form.
- True Love's Kiss (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Kiss of True Love): The power to overcome outside forces with a kiss between two lovers. Variation of Love Empowerment. User can break through any outside forces, including magic/curses/etc. with a kiss shared between two lovers. For instance, if one person is cursed into deep slumber, a kiss of true love will return that person's consciousness. In rare cases, True Love's kiss neither has to be on the lips or between lovers (like between a parent and child).
- Destiny Chosen (With Damon Salvatore; AKA Chosen, Fated, Destined, Prophesied): Circumstance of gaining abilities associated with a particular destiny. Not to be confused with Chosen One. Opposite to Usurp Worth. The circumstance that the user is given powers related to their role in the fulfillment of a particular goal by an external, but in-story entity, such as a god or sorcerer. These powers can vary according to the world itself. Damon and Bonnie's connection is destined and they are fated to be together. Their connection and bond has existed since the beginning of time.
💀 Weaknesses 💀 Edit
- Disbelief: The act of denying or disbelieving in ones magical potential could cause a witch to inadvertently suppress their paranormal power.
- Distraction: Any person, substance, or thing that prevents a witch from giving full attention to their spells can hinder a witch from effectively practicing witchcraft.
- Lack of Focus/Concentration: Using magic takes concentration, focus and mental strength.
- Balance: Ultimately, magic is about balance meaning that the benefits that are reaped with the use of magic may be offset with negative consequences. For example, if a witch casts a spell that grants immortality, the person that had immortality cast upon them may suffer some kind of weakness. Or if a witch uses magic to create a life, another life will be taken/someone will die in their place.
- Fear: A distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the condition or feeling of being afraid could cause a witch to involuntarily block their own powers for a short time.
- Stamina: Magic can be highly tiring and draining on one's stamina. Naturally, the stronger the magic or magic user, the greater the strain on stamina.
- Mortality: Based off the fact that witches are still human, they share many of the same weaknesses as non-supernatural beings (e.g. age, decapitation, disease, heart-failure, suffocation, etc.).
- Herbs: Ingestion of certain herbs can cause a witch to lose consciousness and prevent them from using magic for a undetermined amount of time. Another herb, Lobelia flower prevents concentration and the practice of magic and can be used to weaken a witch as one would weaken a vampire with vervain or a werewolf with wolfsbane.
- Overexertion: The excessive use of magic could lead to disorientation, nose bleeds, fainting, unconsciousness, and if taken to the extreme, death.
- Witchcraft: All magic can be undone through the use of witchcraft and with enough magical power any spell can be broken.
- Stronger Magic: It can overcome weaker forms of magic.
- Science Manipulation: Magic can react disastrously if Science is invovled.
- Magic Resistance: The power to be highly resistant to Magic. Not to be confused with Magic Immunity. The user is resistant to most, if not all, forms of magic and magical power, possibly with ability to select which types of magics they are resistant to while others are may be restricted to a specific one. Those who have magic resistance may be able to foil all kinds of magic.
- Magic Immunity: The power to be unaffected by Magic in any way. Variation of Selective Invulnerability and Power Immunity. The user is invulnerable to most, if not all, forms of magic and magical powers. Advanced users may be able to select which spells can affect them. Those who have magic immunity will be able to foil every single kind of magic.
- Magic Negation: The power to nullify the magical powers of others. Sub-power of Magical Energy Manipulation and Anti-Magic. Variation of Power Negation. Opposite to Magic Augmentation. The user can negate superhuman powers and effects that originate from magic. Spells, curses, hexes, jinxes and charms may all be negated by the user. In addition, magical objects/items and potions are rendered useless, while the effect of ley lines is diminished, according to the user's level of power. Magical creations even weaken, and eventually crumble, disperse or dissolve in the user's presence.
- Anti-Magic: The ability to utilize Anti-Magic. Form of Magic. Opposite of Magic. The user has the ability to use anti-magic which can nullify and destabilize most if not all forms of magic and even destroy a magic user's capability to utilize magic. They can achieve a variety of destructive effects on magic users, including crippling and/or killing them.
- Magic Itself: Magic can be used to defeat or overcome magic.
- Lack Of Knowledge: Without the knowledge or proper skill, the intended use of a spell can create unpredictable or potentially dangerous results.
- Unpredictability: Magic is unpredictable, if one gets too creative or is interrupted in a crucial moment. Results range from amusing to annoying, but mendable, to destructive to lethal, to Catastrophic to Apocalyptic.
- Societal Laws/Rules: Society with knowledge about magic is likely to have rules/laws about its use, and areas of magic that are forbidden. In some societies, magic may be limited to a specific class or status.
- Imagination: User is unable to use spells that are beyond their imagination.
- Actions/Conditions: May need to perform certain actions/fulfill conditions to use magic, ranging from specific words/songs, certain hand/body moves, materials that may be consumed or even extensive rituals.
- Loss of Magic: Sometimes a magic user can lose their magic unexpectedly, rendering them powerless.
- Physical/Emotional Side Effects: There are always possible physical and emotional side effects that can occr while using magic or after using magic.
- Nature: It is said that nature will always find a balance when witchcraft is performed and spells will always have loopholes. This means, among other things, that no being can be truly immortal.
- Bound Objects: Spells that persist beyond the moment when they are cast require that they be bound to a person or object so that they remain active, if the object is destroyed the spell will end.
- Ashwood: Can prevent a Witch from using magic when inside a circle composed of this.
- Iron Sulphate: Substance used to suppress the magic of witches. It is akin to wood for vampires; the element of iron acts like a poison to the bloodstream of a witch, and is extremely lethal to their kind.
- Colocasia Powder: Powder that prevents the use of Dark Magic.
- Witch Cruids: Magically enchanted bottles. When a bit of the witch's blood, a personal item, and some mandrake root are placed within and lit on fire, the witch will die instantly.
- Sways: Magical objects used to transfer a witch's powers to another person, whether another witch or a mortal, willingly or otherwise,
- Dark Witch Killing Ritual: A ritual usable by mortals (notably witch hunters) that kills a dark witch.
- Malleus Maleficarum: A sigil that renders a witch, whether normal or dark, powerless so long as they remain within it.
- Vampire Blood: Some witches can be allergic to vampire blood if they are fed it. Witches can potentially become violently ill and in extreme cases, can even die.
✢ Tools ✢ Edit
- AMULETS: An object that is used to protect its wearer from harm.
- ATHAMES: A ceremonial dagger with a double-edged blade that is commonly used to direct energy. Many Witches own one or more ritual knives. These are commonly known as "athames" in Wiccan circles. In the Scottish traditions, the knife is called a "yag-dirk" and in Sax Wicca it is known as a "seax" (see-ax). As with all ritual tools, the athame is a very personal magickal item-one which you will want to take some care in obtaining. It should fit well and comfortably in your hand, for one thing. You certainly wouldn't want it to go flying across the room while you are casting a circle. This type of occurrence could cause a drastic drop in the attendance level at your next circle! Many Witches make their own blades or "personalize" purchased ones with runes, carvings and other symbols; all of which serve to blend the energy of the tool with their own magickal intentions. Modern Witchcraft books almost always state that the athame is a "black handled double edged iron blade." You may call this model, "the classic', if you like! But many other practitioners now use athames made from stainless steel, copper, silver and various other metals, or even carved stone. Some have family heirlooms, such as letter openers which serve the purpose. Some Witches never use a blade at all! So you can see, it is more important that the tool you choose suits you personally rather than reflect the latest fashion craze. The athame can be used to cast the magick circle, call the "quarters" or elements, and is part of many an opening ritual, handfasting (wedding) or initiation rite. It is associated with the element of Fire and the South. It is customary in some traditions to have your blade given to you as a gift. Some Witches or ceremonial workers give their tools a magickal "name". (This practice has become a common reference in many role playing games and fantasy novels.) Almost all materials written state-and most Witches/Wiccans, with the possible exception of the Sax Wiccans, agree- that magickal tools should not be used for any other purpose than ritual work. Often the blade is left "dull" or unsharpened because of this. (Another blade, the "boleen", with a white handle is sometimes used to harvest herbs or carve symbols, but not used for ritual work.) Some Witches will not let their tools be touched by anyone other than themselves. Some covens or working groups share common tools. It is, other than for those who are dedicated into a specific Tradition, what you are comfortable with.
- BELLS: Bells have been around for many years, they come in different shapes and sizes, as well as different tones and sounds. The most popular bell in the US is the liberty bell. Another popular bell is the Notre Dame bell found in France. It is any wonder why we like these bell? It might just be the rhythmic sound and vibrations. People have been singing Songs and carols about this beautiful instruments for years, that might just be why there are associated with winter holidays. The bell also has magical associations. It has been believed for centuries to possess a magical and/or spiritual power. They are associated with the divine: their sound is symbolic of creative power, their shape a symbol of the female force and celestial vault. The bell is an uncommon tool. Yet, once you use it in a ritual, you might just feel the need to keep using it. There is no one way to use the bell, use your imagination! Here are a few ideas; you can use it to open and close the sacred circle, Invoke the Goddess, ring to ward off negative energies (as well as invite positive energies ), or use it to signal different sections of a ritual and/or Sabbat. But most of all have fun, create your own rituals using the bell! (bell thoughts submitted by Rain').
- BOLLINE: The Bolline or White-Handled knife as it is now known, is the practical knife of the craft. Traditionally it was used to harvest herbs and had a blade in the form of a small sickle. Today it is normally a mundane knife used for cutting and carving. It has a white handle to differentiate it from the Athame, which has a black handle and is used only for magickal purposes. The bolline is used to cut wands and herbs, to mark and carve candles with symbols and to cut cords for use in magick. Any other ritual function requiring the use of a knife, such as cutting flowers for the altar, can be performed with the bolline.
- BOOK OF SHADOWS: The Book of Shadows is the workbook of the witch. In it is recorded: Rituals guidelines, Invocations, Spells, Runes, Rules of a particular Coven or Tradition, Symbols, Poems, Chants, and anything else of use to the witch during ritual. Traditionally the Book of Shadows was always hand written by the individual. A common custom for new initiates into a Coven, is to hand copy his teacher’s Book of Shadows exactly as it appeared, then later to add his own material as he progressed in the craft. Today with the advantages of technology they are often typed and photocopied, or even computerised onto Floppy Disc’s. To make your own Book of Shadows, you can use any form of blank book, but perhaps the best type to use are those of a loose-leave nature, thus allowing pages to be shuffled around when preparing for rituals. My personal Book of Shadows is made from recycled paper, bound up in natural tree bark covers, these are available in some art shops and bookstores.
- BROOM: The broom is a ritual tool of the witch, sacred to both Goddess and the God. The God - through its symbolic phallic shape, The Goddess - through its three-piece make up, the stick, brush and binding cord being symbolic of the triformis aspect of the Goddess. Traditionally the broom was made from three different woods. Ash for the handle, Birch twigs for the brush and Willow for the binding cord. Ash is protective and has command over the four elements. Birch is purifying and draws spirits to one’s service. Willow is sacred to the Goddess. The broom is used for a variety of purposes but most generally to purify and protect. It is used to ritually cleanse an area before magick is performed by symbolically sweeping away negative energies and astral build up. Of old it was used to guard the home and persons within against psychic attack or evil curses, this by placing it across the threshold, windowsills or doorways. It was also placed under the bed or a pillow to protect the sleeper. Traditionally and perhaps the use which most people identify it with, are the old wedding ceremonies of the Gypsies and the early American slaves, where a couple leapt over the broom to ensure fertility, domestic harmony and longevity. Today pagan hand-fasting rituals often include a broom jump.
- CANDLES AND FIRE: A block of solid wax with an embedded wick that is commonly lit to to amplify a witch’s spell. Witches use candles in their spells to aid them and channel the flames. This enhances their magic as they draw energy from the flames. Fire is a strong component in Witchcraft as it is the main offensive tool used. It has also been used as barriers and to destroy objects. They also use candles in channeling. Channeling is when a witch siphons power of an element, celestial event or even another witch. Candles have been used as a Witches' tool for centuries, as they have been used by many other religions for the setting of the proper atmosphere to help attract or to influence a particular power. There are many factors that play into the power of the candle, as it absorbs one’s personal energy from their consciousness and releases that energy in the dancing flame. The color of the candle is very important when performing rituals or magic, for each color emits a particular vibration and attracts certain influences.
- CAULDRONS: A large metal pot that is commonly used to hold the ingredients for elixirs and potions. The cauldron is probably the tool most associated with witchcraft and is steeped in magickal tradition and mystery. The cauldron is the container in which transmutation, germination, and transformations may occur. It is symbolic of the womb of the Goddess, and is the manifested essence of femininity and fertility. Everything is born from the cauldron of the Goddess and afterwards everything returns back to it. It is also symbolic of the element of water, as well as reincarnation, immortality and inspiration. In ritual the cauldron is used as a container for making brews and potions, or to contain a small fire for use with spells. It can also be used for scrying (divination) by filling it with water and gazing into its depths. In ancient times the cauldron was used as a cooking vessel and for brew making. Traditionally it was made from cast iron, it rests on three legs and has an opening smaller then its widest part. Cauldrons are made in many sizes but can be difficult to find, so you will need to persevere if you want one.
- CHALICE: The chalice or cup is used on the altar to represent the Female principle of Water. The Chalice is one of the four elemental tools of witchcraft and represents the elements of Water. It is a symbol of containment and often represents the womb of the Goddess. The base is symbolic of the material world, the stem symbolises the connection between man and spirit and the rim or opening symbolically receives spiritual energy. The chalice can be made of any material, in times of old - Horns, Shells and Gourds were used to hold sacred liquids during ritual, and then in later times - Silver became the preferred material, having long been associated with the moon and the Goddess. The chalice is used to hold the blessed water and wine during ritual. It is traditional in many covens to pass the chalice around all members, who then take a drink as a token of unity.
- THE CIRCLE: Before enacting a ritual, witches usually create a ritual circle to provide a safe haven for the purpose of working magick. The Circle exists outside the boundaries of ordinary space and time, between the worlds of the seen and the unseen. It is a space in which alternate realities meet, in which the past and future are one. The circle represents unity, completion, continuity, and wholeness, as well as protection. and the circle also corresponds to the annual cycle known as the Wheel of the Year. Many circles are not physical, but exist as energy patterns created by an enacted meditation of words, gestures and/or visualizations. Physical circle are constructed with stones, plants, candles, sacred symbols objects, sacred symbols or just a drawn circle to form the circle's perimeter, providing a clear boundary between mundane and sacred space for the enactment of ancient rites and rituals.
- DAGGERS: The blades are used in various areas of Witchcraft, especially those concerning the sacrifices. The name used to indicate magical knives is athame, especially in Wicca, where, however, are not used to cut or remove blood but only to direct energy. In Sacrificial Magic daggers are being used to kill the victim and absorb its power.
- DARK OBJECTS: Dark Objects are ordinary objects which are enchanted with dark magic and are commonly used to carry out a malevolent task. Exactly like a regular enchanted object, a witch will attach a spell to the object and that object will contain that spell from the moment it is created until the moment it is destroyed or a witch removes the spell. These objects can also be used by humans against the supernatural and, in some cases, against the witches themselves. Dark Objects can not only be used by humans and supernatural beings for various effects, but they can also be channeled by witches as an additional power source to enhance their spells as a result of the objects' mystical nature.
- ELIXIRS/POTIONS/TONICS: An elixir is a clear, sweet-flavored liquid used for medicinal purposes, to be taken orally and intended to cure one's ills. In traditional belief, an elixir is a transport device for enchanted magic. Elixirs, or potions, are liquids that have been enchanted with sorcery to issue a spell's effects upon a biological imbiber of the drink or a material object doused by it.
- GRIMOIRES: A family journal is documented with magical recipes, rituals, and spells. A Grimoire is a magic spellbook where a witch records all of her/his spells, rituals, potions, and herbs. It can be filled with information of hexes and spells. There is no original grimoire, they vary in size and contents depending on the witches who own them. Some grimoires are more valuable than others because of their content, and vary in size and content. Some are aesthetically beautiful, leather-bound, and with pages of parchment, others seem only old books with torn pages. A Grimoire is a witch's personal book of rituals and lore, which is usually handwritten and kept by the individual witch. The name “Grimoire”, (deriving from the Old French word for letters; “grammaire”), is a general term, as the true name for the book is kept secret by most traditions and even when the name for this book is discussed, it will often vary between the traditions. (In Wicca it is called "The Book of Shadows"). The witch's Grimoire contains rituals, invocations, traditions, symbols, poems, chants, legends, stories and anything else thought to be important by the individual witch. The contents are most often based upon the lore of a particular tradition, but it will also contain many personal flourishes as well. It is sometimes written in “runes” or pictures so that it cannot be read by the uninitiated. An apprentice witch's Grimoire is usually begun by being hand copied from a teacher's Grimore and then later added to by the apprentice as they progress in the craft.
- HERBS: Various flora used as ingredients to be incorporated into spells as binding agents. Witches use stones and herbs in their magic as many of them have magical properties. Amber crystal protects a witch from evil, Vervain protects them from vampires and Wolfsbane protects them from Werewolves. The later two have the same effect but are for vampires and werewolves, respectively. They cause the victim to be weak and feverish when ingested similar to poisoning.
- THE HOMELAND: A deep spiritual connection to the ancestral homeland lies in the heart of the true witch and “The Homeland” is quite possibly the most important aspect of Traditional Witchcraft. The ancestral homeland is the home of the Gods and Goddesses, and in many beliefs the two are synonymous. The early inhabitants of Europe believed that the spirits they venerated inhabited the land itself. Many were migratory people, and when they traveled across the continent they took their deities with them. When these early Europeans wished to honor their deities, they created a connection between their ancestral homeland and the land where they now stood. In this way, the new land becomes a part of their ancestral homeland, along with its spirits and when a Witch wishes to connect with these spirits they evoke (or invoke) the spirits of the land itself.
- MORTAR AND PESTAL: In every witch’s kitchen there is a mortar and pestle. The pestle is a heavy stick whose end is used for pounding and grinding, and the mortar is a bowl. A mortar and pestle are tools used to grind together herbs for spells, rituals and healing. In ancient times, herbalism was a mixture of medicine and magic and herbs have been used in magical rituals for centuries. They are one of the main tools of the Witch and Witchcraft has maintained a long tradition of honoring and keeping the ancient ways of the use of herbs.
- PATON (OR ALTAR PENTACLE): The Altar pentacle is usually a disk or plate of metal or wood inscribed with the five pointed star in a circle. (See our pentacle section for more details on the pentagram and its meanings.) This is set upon the altar and used to consecrate various other tools and as a focal point of concentration for magickal workings. It is associated with the Female North and the element of Earth. Some Witches use a paton when calling in the elements as well. Patons (sometimes "peytons" or "patens") can now be found made of ceramic and glass. You can even make your own from clay or simply draw and color one on stiff paper. In some references, it is stated that patons in the 'old days" were only made from disposable materials so that evidence of your beliefs could be quickly burned should the authorities come knocking at your door!
- PENTACLE: A pentacle, (or when drawn “a pentagram" ), is a five-pointed star pattern, surrounded by a circle, with its apex pointing upward toward the Divine. It is one of the most potent, powerful, and persistent symbols in human history and also one of the most recognized symbols of witches and witchcraft. The five points of the pentacle symbolize the four directions and the fifth is a symbol of the sanctity of the Spirit, with the circle symbolizing unity and wholeness. The five angles of the pentacle also represent the five metaphysical elements of Earth, Air, Fire, Water and Spirit. When used in rituals it is believed that the pentacle may act as a portal between the material world and world of spirits. Many witches wear a pentagram as a sign of their religion, (like a crucifix or Star of David), or as an amulet, charm or talisman, and when made out of silver it is said to represent the moon energy. Ceremonial altars often feature a pentagram and the image is also found on many ceremonial tools such as cauldrons, and chalices. Originally formed from the clay of the Earth, today pentacles are more often crafted in metals such a copper, brass, silver or gold.
- RUNES: The word "rune" comes from the Old English word “rown”, which means "mystery" or "secret". The first runes were carved and not written and “to rune” something means to inscribe upon an item with a secret language and thus give magickal effect to what is inscribed. Throughout history, many magickal alphabets have been formed out of pre-existing alphabets. By changing the old alphabets slightly and adding personal flourishes, one is able to make a runic alphabet. After a runic alphabet has been designed, it is usually dedicated for the purpose as such. Runes can be used for writing things which one does not want others to be able to read; a form of encryption. They can also be written or inscribed for magickal workings. (The use of magickal alphabets was forbidden by early Christian priests because of their use within Heathenism and magick and as late as the 17th century people were killed in Iceland for the use of runic alphabets.) To read the runes aloud will release something that is bound and to inscribe the rune on an object takes on magickal meanings and the runing of the object and is said to imbue magick and power onto it.
- STONES: Various minerals and ores used to boost or bind a witch's spell. Stones and minerals are often used by witches as a vessel that they can imbue with their magic, in conjunction with their already existing magical properties. This could mean binding a spell or enchanting the stone to serve a specific purpose. They can also be used as a repository for magic that can be channeled by a witch for additional power, which is typically used in the form of a talisman. Breaking the bond between a spell and a talisman is often a tedious task as each talisman is unique.
- SWORD: With the coming of the modern "Celtic Revival", the sword has become a very popular-and quite showy- magickal tool. It can used in place of, or in addition to, the athame. Most groups who hold rituals indoors usually limit the use of the sword to just one for the Priest/Priestess. Ten five- foot swords in a small room could get a bit messy, I would think! However at festivals and outdoor rituals, Witches often bring their own swords to mark the boundaries or quarter points of the circle. There is now a growing interest in actual "sword play" and entire festivals have sprung up which feature events based on swordsman- or woman!-ship.
- SYMBOLS: Seals drawn or written used as physical representations of spells. Symbols are various seals and markings used to represent an object, function, or process. They are used extensively by witches in their practice of magic usually in the form of rituals though, they may also act as physical representations of spells as well.
- TALISMANS: An object that is used to magnify a witch's power. Witches use material items that act as talismans. They are usually in the form of a crystal or stone and made as a personal object to the witch. It can increase their powers and help them to channel magic. The talisman, also, has the power to incorporate external energy and be used if required by the witch, as demonstrated by Freya. When a talisman is full of magic, it can greatly increase the power of spells and rituals. Probably the material they are made plays a key role in the power of the talisman itself.
- THURIBLE (OR INCENSE BURNER): A container used to contain a hot coal for burning incense. This is best made from a fire resistant or fire proof material. The most common are the "mini-cauldrons' of iron and the various brass types which come in wonderful shapes and sizes. Some even hang on a chain. The incense itself represents the element of Air while the fire (charcoal) represents Fire. The combination of these two elements are used to purify ritual areas, other tools or the circle itself.
✦ Throughout The Series ✦ Edit
After Hours Edit
Evensong: Paradise Lost Edit
Evensong: The War Of Roses (Part 1) Edit
Evensong: The War Of Roses (Part 2) Edit
Evensong: Into The Woods Edit
✿ Relationships ✿ Edit
☽ Zodiac Sign (Cancer) ☾ Edit
Cancer, the fourth sign of the zodiac, is all about home. Those born under this sign are 'roots' kinds of people, and take great pleasure in the comforts of home and family. Cancers are maternal, domestic and love to nurture others. More than likely, their family will be large, too -- the more, the merrier! Cancers will certainly be merry if their home life is serene and harmonious. Traditions are upheld with great zest in a Cancer's household, since these folks prize family history and love communal activities. They also tend to be patriotic, waving the flag whenever possible. A Cancer's good memory is the basis for stories told around the dinner table, and don't be surprised if these folks get emotional about things. Those born under this sign wear their heart on their sleeve, which is just fine by them. The mascot of Cancer is the Crab, and much like this shelled little critter, Cancers are quick to retreat into their shells if it suits their mood. No wonder these folks are called crabby! For Cancer, it's not that big of a deal, though, since they consider this 'shell' a second home (and they do love home). The flip side of this hiding is that shell-bound Crabs are often quite moody. Further, in keeping with their difficulty in sharing their innermost feelings, it can become a Herculean task to pry a Crab out of its secret hiding place. What to do? Give the Crab time -- eventually these folks will come out to play again. When they do, they'll be the first to say so, in keeping with the Cardinal Quality attached to this sign. It's said that Crabs are first to laugh and first to cry, so you can bet they'll fill you in. That shell, by the way, isn't the only tough thing about Crabs. These folks are tenacious and strong-willed and like to get their way. If their well-documented kindness and gentleness doesn't do the trick, however, they're not above using emotional manipulation to make things happen. If that still doesn't work, they'll just go back to their shell and sulk, or find a way to get back at the source of their pain, since Crabs can be rather vindictive. That said, any self-respecting Crab would tell you that they are ultimately motivated by protecting their home and loved ones, a most noble goal. Cancers are ruled by the Moon -- the Great Mother of the heavens in ancient times. Here on Earth, this is manifested in the Crab's maternal instincts and desire to protect home and hearth. This may appear smothering at times, but that's the Crab for you. The Moon is associated with fertility, too, a quality that is most pleasing to Cancers. The Moon is also the ruler of moods, and Cancers have plenty of those. These folks can cry you a river if they're so inclined, and they usually are. They can be overly sensitive, easily hurt and prone to brooding. Even so, Crabs find it easy to be sympathetic to others and are quick to show their affection. Their intuition is also a great help to them, especially in times of stress. The element associated with Cancer is Water. Like the rolling waves of the sea, the Crab's emotions can make quite a splash. These folks tend to pick up on things and bring them in, with the outward result ranging from sentimentality to possessiveness. Crabs need to resist the temptation to become selfish or to feel sorry for themselves, since this behavior won't help. On the bright side, Cancers are good with money (although some consider them too thrifty), probably because they value a sense of security. Crabs are also quick to help others and tend to avoid confrontation. In keeping with their nurturing bent, those born under this sign are a whiz with food. A hearty picnic in the park is heaven-on-earth to most Crabs. Cancers often find that a robust workout session is just the tonic for their touchy feelings. Team sports are always nice, since they offer a sense of community; water polo should be elemental to aquatic Crabs. What are their team colors? The Moon is silver and white. Since Cancers have a tendency to be lazy, however, they may need someone to push them out the door. When it comes to the game of love, eager Crabs are devoted, romantic and able to get things going on their own. Crabs are wise to listen to their gut, since this sign rules the stomach. The great strength of the Cancer-born is the tenacity with which they protect their loved ones. These folks don't ask for much, either: a comfortable home and sense of peace about sums it up. It's that nurturing instinct which makes Cancers a pleasure to be with.
Cancer Strengths Edit
- Loyalty - Dependable - Caring - Adaptable - Responsive
Cancer Weaknesses Edit
- Moody - Clingy - Self-pitying - Oversensitive - Self-Absorbed
Cancer & Independence Edit
Cancer is the astrology sign that is packed full of contradictions so when it comes to independence, they possibly can or can not be independent. On one side, they have the perseverance and drive to do what needs to be done, they are self-sufficient and do not need to depend on other people for the material and physical things in life. On the other hand, they depend on people for emotional support and encouragement. A Cancer that is not fully self-actualized will need the constant support of others and will not be very independent but the Cancer that is 'evolved' and has properly harnessed their emotional issues will be wildly successful as an independent human being. They crave attention and comfort from other people and they are happiest when they have a small, close knit group of friends or family.
Cancer & Friendship Edit
Cancer is extremely loyal to those who appreciate and support them, they are the nurturer of the zodiac and will protect and cherish the person for a long time. One of the greatest things about Cancer is their ability to make others feel good about themselves and loved. This is because instead of doing this for themselves, they project this onto other people. This is a positive cycle because in making others feel nurtured, wanted and loved, they in return feel good for making someone feel good. Other people can lean on and depend on cancer, they will listen to people's problems and help them however they will rarely express their own deep feelings to anyone. People who want to share deep emotional thoughts and opinions with a Cancer might feel that the scales are tipped on one side for cancer will rarely reveal it's true deep feelings. A friend of Cancer is usually a lifelong devoted friend that can be trusted.
Cancer & Business Edit
Once cancer resolved their emotional issues such as shyness and insecurity, the powerful character will shine though, there is practically nothing they can't do. They have incredible perseverance and will stand up for what they believe in. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake. They are excellent business people and investors because of their intuitive and psychic ability and their creative forward thinking mind, they are able to predict future trends. They attract wealth very well and know where to invest. Money and financial well being is very important to Cancer and this can help their drive in business. They need financial security and if they allow themselves to properly focus their energy and do not allow their emotions to over take them, they are more then capable of obtaining their financial goals and being incredibly successful business people.
Cancer Temperament Edit
They are complex, fragile, unpredictable and temperamental and need constant support and encouragement, more then any other astrology signs, Cancer needs to be needed. Even when all needs are satisfied, they can be irritable and cranky. They have an uneasy, delicate temperament. The contradictory nature of Cancer gives their temperament the wild mood swings and possible temper tantrums. They are easily offended and will sulk and wallow in self pity for a long time when they get hurt.
Cancer Deep Inside Edit
It is difficult for cancer to open up and have a close emotionally fulfilled relationship with someone because they are so closed off emotionally and physically to the world. This is driven by their fear of trust, Cancer has a difficult time trusting people. This causes built up anger and resentment inside, the contradictory nature really takes a toll on them and they can have a negative outlook on life, thinking that life is just too hard and miserable. This is unfortunate because when good experiences are to be had, they are skeptical of people and their surroundings and they experience tunnel vision due to their depressed outlook and they miss the nice things and happy experiences in life that make it worth living. In addition to lack of trust for people, Cancer is deeply sensitive and easily hurt, this is other reason why they have their defense shell in place, to avoid being hurt by others. Cancer lives in the past. They hold past events close to them and often dwell on the past. They have to learn to let go and live in the present instead of spending their time being sick with nostalgia. Cancer has a lot of emotional issues to deal with but once they overcome this large hump of shyness and insecurity, there is practically nothing they can't do. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake. Cancer is constantly feeling, feelings and emotions are hallmarks of this sign and this is the root of their problems, human beings are not as evolved in the emotional area and this is where cancer gets the brunt of their problems. They are the ones who have to cope with their strong feelings more so then any other sign. Once properly harnessed, there is nothing that is this powerful astrology sign can not accomplish. Harmony is very important to Cancer, it keeps them happy. Conflict of any kind causes great distress. Deep inside, Cancer is a very powerful sign, they have the ability to stand up for what they think is right and they have lots of perseverance and can be fine on their own provided they don't let their emotions get the better of them and have the stability they need. They are not fond of change but they have the ability to do what needs to be done, they are not pushovers or lazy people.
Cancer In A Nutshell Edit
Cancer is a mysterious sign, filled with contradictions. They want security and comfort yet seek new adventure. They are very helpful to others yet sometimes can be cranky and indifferent. Cancer has a driving, forceful personality that can be easily hidden beneath a calm, and cool exterior. The crab is Cancer's ruling animal and it suits them well, they can come out of their shell and fight but they can also hide in their shell of skitter away back into the depths of the ocean. They are very unpredictable. With cancer, there is always something more that meets the eye, for they are always partially hidden behind the shell. They are a have a deep psyche and intuitive mind that is hidden from the world. Cancer is deeply sensitive and easily hurt, this might be why they have their defense shell in place, to avoids being hurt by others. They are nurturers so they surround themselves with people, whom after a while can offend or hurt a cancer without even knowing they did so, therefore Cancer's protective shell keeps them safe from hurt. They are complex, fragile, unpredictable and temperamental and need constant support and encouragement, more then any other astrology signs, Cancer needs to be needed. When cancer gets the support it needs, it has a tremendous amount to offer in return. When cancer gets offended, they tend to sulk instead of confronting the persons face to face. This needlessly prolongs the pain and suffering. Cancer is very possessive, not just with material possessions but with people as well. Cancer will always want to stay in touch with old friends and anyone who has ever been close to them, because it is easier to maintain a friendship then attempt to learn to trust a new person. It is easier this way for them emotionally. If you befriend a Cancer, you will stay friends for a long time. Cancer makes the perfect mother, this is the sign that represents motherhood. They have unconditional love and caring more so then any other astrology sign. Cancer are very intuitive. Most of the psychics of the world are Cancer astrology signs. They have an excellent memory and are very observant and can read people very well. They can usually tell of other people's intentions are good or not. Never dupe a Cancer, they can see your motives. Cancer has a lot of emotional issues to deal with but once they overcome this large hump of shyness and insecurity, there is practically nothing they can't do. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake.
Cancer Love, Sex, & Relationships: Edit
What It's Like To Date A Cancer Woman Edit
The Cancer woman is a very sensual woman with deep emotions and passion brewing underneath the exterior. To reach these will require time, patience and tenderness. Do not expect to have her open up to you right away and jump into a relationship. She will not make the first move and will not be forward with you, you have to do all the work. Do not try to lead her on because Cancer woman is very in-tune with a persons motivations and she will see right through you. Trust is the single most important thing to Cancer. If you ever betray her trust, you might as well move on. She needs love and security. Cancer is the perfect woman for the man who loves to sweep a woman off her feet with romance. She is sensual, sweet and flirty and you two will engage in a gentle, flirtatious dance together while the relationship builds. Once there is a solid, secure foundation, the richness of the relationship will emerge. She is old fashioned, feminine and sensual and patient, if you are the man who can give her what she wants, a relationship with a Cancer woman is wholesome and rewarding and can last a lifetime.
What It's Like To Date A Cancer Man Edit
The Cancer man will not be direct with you. He will approach you cautiously and slowly. He will be very romantic and flirty and attempt to court you and win your heart with lavish gifts and attention. The reason he will never be direct with you is that he has a strong underlying fear of rejection. If you are interested in a Cancer man, you will probably have to make the first move and ask him on a date. He falls in love easily and will make you his whole world. Once you "belong to him", he will hold on to you and can become quite jealous and possessive. This is because he is worried he will lose you to another man and that would crush his spirit. He needs you to be loyal and faithful for he is the same, in a strong and close relationship, Cancer men are the most loyal of the astrology signs. They make excellent lovers for the tender woman who loves romance and being swept off her feet. Cancer is very affectionate and thrives on holding hands all the time, and constant physical contact as he absorbs the situation and experiences with his feelings. The cancer man is all about feeling. He might not show it however and might portray a calm and cool exterior but underneath, he feels deeply and intensely. Cancer men are easily offended so do not jokingly make fun of them for they will take offense and get hurt, but once again, this will not be known to you. He will simply sulk on his own while he tries to figure out and dissect what you said. Cancer men are excellent male protectors, they are like the knight in shining armor. If you are the kind of woman that likes being looked after and cared for, and loves affection and devotion, this romantic, sensual man is perfect for you.
How To Attract Cancer Edit
You must be direct, Cancer will not. Let your feelings for them be known, this is the first step to initiating a relationship with a Cancer. This way, will not have to risk rejection, one of their biggest fears. If you are looking for a short fling, be straight with them. Do not lead them on to thinking there is long term commitment is there is none because you will hurt these emotionally delicate people. Trust is the most important. Build trust with them and they will gradually get closer to you. Give them approval and compliments but be careful because they will easily sense when you are complimenting them just for the sake of it. Be sincere. Ask Cancer for advice, share your problems (but don't burden them), they enjoy helping people and giving advice.They like culture and lavish experiences. Take them to a play or museum and a fancy, upscale restaurant. Do not force Cancer into a relationship or make them make a decision on the spot. They will shy away from you. Have patience, this is the key to attracting a Cancer. Be physical with them, they love genuine affection. They are very cautious and as time passes, they will slowly grow closer to you and you will have wonderful, fulfilling relationship.
Cancer Erogenous Zone Edit
The greatest erogenous zone for Cancer is the chest and the breasts. Both women and men respond well to light sucking and kissing of the nipples. You must caress these areas delicately and softly. Never be rough. Stroke your fingers through Cancer man's chest hair, lightly and gently this will ignite the firey passion hidden behind the shell
Sex With Cancer Edit
Cancer is very physical. Expect sex with Cancer to be a fully encompassing sexual experience. Lots of tender foreplay, massages afterwards, candles lit by the bedside, soft music in the background, delicious scented potpourri, everything to appeal to all senses. It will be delicate and passionate and an experience you won't soon forget. Do not expect too much novelty and experimentation because Cancer is a very conservative sign. Some Cancer people might be willing to try something new but they will never be the ones to suggest it, you have to or it will never happen. They might go along with your idea because they do enjoy new experiences. Make them always feel safe and secure when trying anything new and they might love it and incorporate it into your regular sex life.
✔ Trivia ✔ Edit
- Bonnie's birthday is July 5.
- Bonnie's zodiac, astrological, or star sign is Cancer.
- Bonnie's middle names are May Elizabeth.
- One of Bonnie's older sisters, Mary, is a practicing nurse.
- Bonnie is the youngest child of her family.
- Bonnie is right handed.
- Bonnie is a practicing Wiccan.
- Although Bonnie is a very powerful witch, her parents James and Aileen are both humans and do not possess any special or magical gifts. Bonnie inherited the magical gift from her mother's bloodline. Her maternal grandmother was a powerful sorceress like Bonnie. According to Bonnie's maternal grandmother, she has a lineage of both White Magic and Dark Magic, meaning that there were witches amongst her bloodline who were good and practiced good magic and also other witches amongst her bloodline who were bad/evil and practiced bad magic. As a result, she is capable of exorcising and practicing White Magic or Black/Dark Magic due to her matriarchal bloodline possessing both kinds of magic.
- Bonnie met Damon before Elena (After Hours).
- Bonnie kissed Damon before Elena (After Hours).
- Bonnie is presumed to be the one true soulmate (or twin flame) of Damon Salvatore, although this has not yet fully been confirmed as there has been no visible silver cord seen connecting Damon and Bonnie through astral projection. They do display all of the signs and symptoms of a twin flame or soulmate connection such as electric shocks and jolts by physical touching or kissing, ability to read each other minds, strong telepathic connection, ability to sense and feel each other's feelings and emotions without words, etc. In order for their twin flame/soulmate connection to be 100% confirmed or established is for either Damon or Bonnie to have an out of body experience through astral projection (similar to what Elena experienced with Stefan in "Shadow Souls" when she saw the silver cord connecting her's and Stefan's souls together or Adam and Cassie from "The Secret Circle" discovering that they are connected through a visible silver cord). Both Stefan/Elena and Adam/Cassie are 100% confirmed twin flame soulmate couples because both couples have discovered the silver cord connection with or without astral projection. The same silver cord connecting true soulmates together phenomenon is also highly prevalent in the Night World Series for true soulmate couples such as James/Poppy, Ash/Mary-Lynette, Eric/Thea, David/Gillian, John "Quinn"/Rashel, Thierry/Hannah, Jez/Morgead, Delos/Maggie, Galen/Raksha, and Sarah/Kierlan/Mal.
- Bonnie is of Scottish and Irish descent. Her mother Aileen's side are of Scottish descent or origin but her father Seamus is of both Scottish and Irish descent or origin. She has paternal ancestors that are of Irish descent. She is 1/4 Irish from her father's side, as her paternal grandmother was an Irish woman who was born in Ireland and immigrated to first Scotland then to the United States.
- Bonnie is the shortest character in the series (4'9" to 4'11").
- Bonnie is the shortest female character in the series (Elena is 5'3" to 5'6", Meredith is 5'10" to 6'0", Caroline is 6'2" to 6'4", and Katherine is 5'0" to 5'2").
- Bonnie loves dogs.
- Bonnie is arguably the most girly and feminine of the group of girls in the series (Elena, Meredith, Caroline).
- Bonnie's hair is actually straight but she permed it curly because she believes that the curly hair would give her some height and make her appear taller than she is.
- Bonnie is descended from ancient Celtic Druids. Because of this, she possesses magic abilities and powers that were passed down to her from her ancestors.
- Bonnie's magic abilities are from her maternal or matriarchal side and they always skip a generation. For example, her maternal grandmother Lilias has magical abilities and is a witch but her mother, Aileen, is a regular human and does not have magical abilities. Her older sister Mary also doesn't have magical abilities either. Either Mary has them and they have remained dormant because she has chosen to not master them or she has inherited the gift from her mother but has chosen to not practice witchcraft. It is unknown if her other sisters practice magic like Bonnie since like Mary, they all possess the gift of magic.
- Bonnie had a dog named Yatzee.
- Bonnie loves red roses and white lilies.
- Bonnie's favourite piece of jewelry is her white opal ring, which is all colours and which she wears with every kind of clothing, both casual and formal.
- Bonnie is the only witch in the series.
- Bonnie's counterparts from other LJ Smith books and series are Cassie Blake (The Secret Circle), Sarah Strange (Night World), Kaitlyn Fairchild (Dark Visions), Poppy North (Night World), and Winfrith "Winnie" Arlin (Night World).
- Bonnie McCullough & Cassie Blake – Bonnie and Cassie are rather similar in looks and physical appearance. Both Bonnie and Cassie have delicate fair skin, beautiful and noticeable large eyes (Bonnie's eyes are described to be hazel with greenish flecks and Cassie's eyes are described to be grey-blue). Bonnie and Cassie are also very petite in height and stature and they are also described to be fragile or delicate boned. Both Cassie and Bonnie have similar hair colours, although Bonnie's hair is described to be fiery red while Cassie's hair is more of a topaz-auburn. Cassie and Bonnie also have rather similar personalities and temperaments. They are both childlike, innocent, insecure and shy at first but they are very friendly, bubbly, upbeat, and good natured once they get to know someone. They both lack confidence about their physical appearance and do not seem to acknowledge how pretty and beautiful they really are. Other people (such as Adam and Nick in Cassie's case and Damon, Matt, Stefan, Zander and Bastian in Bonnie's case) are always the ones to notice or acknowledge their physical beauty. Cassie and Bonnie also go through similar journeys in that they become more confident and self assured as their respective series progresses. Cassie and Bonnie are also described to be the pretty girl next door but become beautiful or stunning when they dress up in highly fashionable or fancy clothing and do their hair and makeup. In addition, Bonnie and Cassie are seen to be very kind, caring, empathetic, compassionate and selfless. They are both extremely loyal to their friends and they are always willing to help them as well as others who are in need of comfort, help and support. Cassie and Bonnie both start of unsure about their powers and abilities as a witch. Cassie initially starts off as a regular human girl while Bonnie originally starts off as a human girl who is psychic. Bonnie and Cassie also learn about their witch heritage and where their source of abilities comes from. Both Cassie and Bonnie are originally intimidated by their witch abilities but with time, they learn to control them and master them. Both Cassie and Bonnie are in love with someone (Adam in Cassie's case, Damon in Bonnie's case) that they cannot have because they are in a relationship with their best friends (Adam was in a relationship with Cassie's best friend Diana, Damon is in a relationship with Bonnie's best friend Elena). Therefore, Cassie and Bonnie's love for Adam and Damon respectively is considered to be strongly forbidden (both Adam and Damon also reciprocate Cassie and Bonnie's love and affections but instead choose to be loyal to their respective girlfriends Diana and Elena).
- Bonnie McCullough & Sarah Strange – Both Bonnie and Sarah are physically similar in appearance. Sarah and Bonnie are both very fragile and delicate looking. They are both petite in stature and have a willowy appearance. Both Sarah and Bonnie are described to be "unusually and unconventionally beautiful". They are also naturally beautiful and do not need makeup to look beautiful. Others have compared Bonnie's looks to that of a fairy or pixie, which is a Celtic/European mythical creature, while others have compared Sarah's looks to that of a "dryad", which is a Greek female nature spirit. Despite their obvious physical beauty, Sarah and Bonnie are both highly insecure about their looks and have insecuriies regarding their physiques. Both of them acknowledge that they lack having a womanly figure and are too flat chested. Personality wise, Sarah and Bonnie are both insecure and shy girls and do not understand why they receive male attention or protection (Mal and Kierlan in Sarah's case; Damon, Zander, Stefan, Matt and Bastian in Bonnie's case) because they do not think much of their physical appearance. As a result, Sarah and Bonnie are both confused as to why certain boys are romantically attracted to them (Kierlan/Mal in Sarah's case; Damon/Bastian in Bonnie's case). Sarah and Bonnie are both kind-hearted, caring, selfless, brave and compassionate in personality. Sarah and Bonnie are loyal and brave and will do anything to protect the ones that they love and care about. Both Sarah and Bonnie are involved in their own love triangle (Kierlan/Sarah/Mal with Sarah being in the middle; Damon/Bonnie/Bastian with Bonnie being in the middle). In addition, their triangles are very similar in that both Sarah and Bonnie are caught choosing between an "rebellious, charming bad boy" (Mal in Sarah's case; Damon in Bonnie's case) and a "heroic, good boy with edge or streak of darkness" (Kierlan in Sarah's case, Bastian in Bonnie's case). Both Sarah and Bonnie suffer from physical ailments due to their respective abilities (Sarah gets bad migraines and nightmares when she has visions/premonitions; Bonnie gets nosebleeds and faints/blacks out when she loses control of her witch abilities).
- Bonnie McCullough & Kaitlyn Fairchild – Bonnie and Kaitlyn are similar in physical appearance with both of them having red hair (Bonnie's hair is a fiery red color while Kaitlyn's hair is a autumn fire color). Bonnie and Kaitlyn are also very fair skinned due to their Celtic/Gaelic ethnic background. They are also very slender and slight in height and physique, with a willowy and fragile appearance. Physically, Bonnie and Kaitlyn are described to be unconventionally beautiful and they attract boys easily as a result. Both have interesting and noticeable eye colors (Bonnie has hazel-brown eyes with greenish-brown rings around them while Kaitlyn has smoky blue eyes with black rings around them). Personality wise, Bonnie and Kaitlyn are described to be caring, sensitive, strong-minded and friendly. They are also both fiery and passionate individuals with a sharp tongue, especially when provoked into anger or frustration. Bonnie and Kaitlyn have been shown to be fiercely loyal and protective of their friends and they are strongly driven to help their loved ones through sheer determination and bravery. Bonnie and Kaitlyn are also very selfless and generous and have no problem with giving to others without expecting anything in return. Bonnie and Kaitlyn also seem to have very similar powers and abilities. They both possess psychic abilities, especially the ability of precognition or the ability to see/predict the future. Bonnie and Kaitlyn have let their powers and abilities overwhelm them and have sought guidance to help control them and master them (Bonnie went to Theophilia Flowers, who is a witch, for guidance while Kaitlyn went to Zetes Institute for help and guidance). Both Bonnie and Kaitlyn are involved in a love triangle and are torn between an "edgy, rebellious, charming bad boy" (Gabriel in Kaitlyn's case; Damon in Bonnie's case) and a "noble, heroic, good boy with a dark streak" (Rob in Kaitlyn's case; Bastian in Bonnie's case). Finally, Bonnie and Kaitlyn are both of Celtic/Gaelic ancestry or descent (Bonnie is of Scottish/Irish descent, Kaitlyn is of mostly Irish descent).
- Bonnie McCullough & Poppy North – TBA
- Bonnie McCullough & Winfrith "Winnie" Arlin – TBA